Joey Graceffa Part 7

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 7

Post by manged »

According to Tanya's vlog, her and Jim also sat up front, meaning Doug was left the loner in the balcony.

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by YOUTUBERS GOSSIP »

You know what it was really stupid of Joey to bring Doug randomly into his life especially vlogging about it then completely ignore him after that.
either Joey had his fun with Doug and Doug wants more but joey doesn't or joey figured out that there is no Chemistry between them but Doug is still acting like a lost puppy and is trying to make joey his owner :?

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP wrote:You know what it was really stupid of Joey to bring Doug randomly into his life especially vlogging about it then completely ignore him after that.
either Joey had his fun with Doug and Doug wants more but joey doesn't or joey figured out that there is no Chemistry between them but Doug is still acting like a lost puppy and is trying to make joey his owner :?
We all know Joey isn't the type to really think ahead. He isn't really dealing with this whole relationship tactfully. XD

They spend enough time with each other on other people's vlogs that I don't think Joey is "tired" of Doug; he just doesn't want their relationship to be seen on his personal vlogs. Off-camera and away from the public eye, I'm sure they have chemistry. Joey just kind of comes off as a dick to Doug in his vlogs. :/

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

illegal_mind wrote:troye sivan, lucas cruikshank, and now wentworth miller (mostly known for being in "prison break"). i said that someone else would come out before the end of the month(i think i said that here. or was it in the lucas thread?), but i thought it'd be another youtuber, not another actor. with all these coming outs, maybe joey will be next
WENTHWORTH FINALLY CAME OUT?! Jesus, illegal_mind, I even get not YT news from you now. :) Seriously though, that's awesome. Wish he would have come out while he was still dating Luke Macfarlane. Now that was a cute couple.

Tcfoxdude
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tcfoxdude »

Just putting my 2 cents in, but for as long as someone is closeted, it's is very very hard to have a healthy relationship. If you're closeted, you still attach some sense of shame and guilt for who you are. And as long as you don't have self acceptance and self love, it's hard to build something meaningful with someone when you don't really love yourself. As they say, you have to love yourself before you can love someone else.

I know it comes off really disrespectful to Doug but that's what being with someone who IS closeted is like. Everyone has a different comfort level. Joey will get there on his own time.

I'm pulling for Joey and Doug as much as everyone here, but everyone who's gay here knows we all have different ways with dealing with our sexuality. Joey is still very early. I've had my own share of dysfunctional situations and its hard for me to be critical of Joey with stuff like this cuz ive been there (I'm not out at work only to select coworkers, and my family knows but it's not spoken of).

Joey is just doing the best he can with where he's at in his life.

caitlinxoxo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by caitlinxoxo »

I really like Doug a lot...watching his last vlog, I feel like he's really taking it all in and he's so grateful for it all. Not saying that the other vloggers aren't grateful for it but just the way Doug filmed the night (actually taking shots of the other celebs who were there [not to mention that McFly were in the video and McFly are my favorite bands hahahaha] and not having the camera on him the whole time) makes me really think that he's just soaking it all in and I like that.

I do feel like the ~crew ignore him a lot. Not sure whether it's because of the rumors or because they're not that close to him or they don't think their audience wants to see him or what.

Maybe their audience WOULD want to see him if they included him, hahahaha.

ExcuseMeMiss
Informer
Informer

Post by ExcuseMeMiss »

For me, it feels like Joey has been giving Doug the cold shoulder in the last few vlogs. It could be that he wants to keep things more private but I'm not getting that vibe.

It's possible that the sparks just fizzled out (at least for Joey) just as quickly as they began. He may not know how to express this to Doug, so he figures ignoring him will send the message. I do think that Joey has a major crush on Jim and seems to pay him a lot more attention when Doug is around.

That has to suck for Doug, especially if he really has feelings for Joey

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Doug and Joey are literally attached at the hip in other people's vlogs, so I don't think he's ignoring Doug at all; he's just being cautious when the videos go up on his channel.

raindropsandroses
Debater
Debater

Post by raindropsandroses »

Rion wrote:I am officially declaring August "National Coming-Out Gay" month. at least in my calender
haha same

ExcuseMeMiss
Informer
Informer

Post by ExcuseMeMiss »

Well I haven't seen other vlogs where they are "attached at the hip". Just going by what I've seen in Joey's vlogs and a feeling I'm getting.

I could be completely wrong, and hope that I am.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

ExcuseMeMiss wrote:Well I haven't seen other vlogs where they are "attached at the hip". Just going by what I've seen in Joey's vlogs and a feeling I'm getting.

I could be completely wrong, and hope that I am.
Definitely watch the 1D premiere vlogs by the other YTers and keep an eye out for Joey and Doug in the background; you'll feel much better. :)

ohnoshebetterdont
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnoshebetterdont »

I'll have to agree with Tcfoxdude.

I was with my ex-boyfriend when he was closeted, so it was very very hard for us/him. The relationship went on from my 15 until I was 19 years old (last April). I'm 20 now and he's 4 years older than me (I know him being 19 and having a relationship with a 15-yo is a shock to some of you, but I am very very mature for my age). He was (and told me still is) looking up to me for being so confident with my sexuality. I'm not a flaming proud gayboy, I'm just myself. I have sass, but don't go overboard with it. He was not so confident with himself and didn't have enough confidence to come out to his family and community.

We had a very lovely time whenever we were together and I cherish those moments deeply in my little heart. We would go on the most romantic weekends; take the most gorgeous photos of us together; just walk around in nature and soak it all in. We talked about the future and how we would name our adopted kids, how we would get married, etc. However, not much people knew about us. Except for some (i.e. 2) of his friends and my circle of friends and family. And in a way, that made it special because we were very very private of everything. e.g. We didn't show affection on the street or when we were with our friends, because that's simply not who we were as a couple.

He's a photographer and very well known where he lives (we live far apart). He sorta hid me and it made me very, very sad at times. For example, I wasn't friends with him on Facebook and we didn't post photos of ourselves, although we made the most gorgeous photos when we were gone for the weekends.

The break-up was mutual. One day, we sat together and just broke up because all of his work was beginning to get too much and I wanted different things in life. Until this day, he is still in the closet and it breaks my heart. He was suffering back then, and he's suffering now. We still chat from time to time, but I was (and still am) at a point in my life where I wanted to just not hide and be myself, you know?

When I see all this going down with Joey and Doug, I can't help but think about my past relationship that lasted almost 5 years. I know what it is to be with a closeted man, and what it can do to you inside your head. Like you're not good enough to let everyone know he loves you. When in fact, he loves you so much that he is afraid of going public and that it's going to change everything.

I can't but help placing myself in Doug's shoes. I know he's not happy with the fact Joey's hiding who he is, but he is still putting up with it because he loves him. I did that too.

I hope for the both of them that Joey finds the strength and inner peace within himself to not hide Doug (or his affection for him) anymore. Or just the fact that they spend time together. Joey doesn't need to make a video stating that he's gay or bi or a unicorn for that matter, he just needs to live his life and not be afraid of what he should put on the internet.

And now I'm gonna dry my tears because the #Doey thing is just too much for me atm.
#BYEFELICIA

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

manged wrote:According to Tanya's vlog, her and Jim also sat up front, meaning Doug was left the loner in the balcony.
Actually Louise and Doug sat together.

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YOUTUBERS GOSSIP »

ohnoshebetterdont wrote:I'll have to agree with Tcfoxdude.

I was with my ex-boyfriend when he was closeted, so it was very very hard for us/him. The relationship went on from my 15 until I was 19 years old (last April). I'm 20 now and he's 4 years older than me (I know him being 19 and having a relationship with a 15-yo is a shock to some of you, but I am very very mature for my age). He was (and told me still is) looking up to me for being so confident with my sexuality. I'm not a flaming proud gayboy, I'm just myself. I have sass, but don't go overboard with it. He was not so confident with himself and didn't have enough confidence to come out to his family and community.

We had a very lovely time whenever we were together and I cherish those moments deeply in my little heart. We would go on the most romantic weekends; take the most gorgeous photos of us together; just walk around in nature and soak it all in. We talked about the future and how we would name our adopted kids, how we would get married, etc. However, not much people knew about us. Except for some (i.e. 2) of his friends and my circle of friends and family. And in a way, that made it special because we were very very private of everything. e.g. We didn't show affection on the street or when we were with our friends, because that's simply not who we were as a couple.

He's a photographer and very well known where he lives (we live far apart). He sorta hid me and it made me very, very sad at times. For example, I wasn't friends with him on Facebook and we didn't post photos of ourselves, although we made the most gorgeous photos when we were gone for the weekends.

The break-up was mutual. One day, we sat together and just broke up because all of his work was beginning to get too much and I wanted different things in life. Until this day, he is still in the closet and it breaks my heart. He was suffering back then, and he's suffering now. We still chat from time to time, but I was (and still am) at a point in my life where I wanted to just not hide and be myself, you know?

When I see all this going down with Joey and Doug, I can't help but think about my past relationship that lasted almost 5 years. I know what it is to be with a closeted man, and what it can do to you inside your head. Like you're not good enough to let everyone know he loves you. When in fact, he loves you so much that he is afraid of going public and that it's going to change everything.

I can't but help placing myself in Doug's shoes. I know he's not happy with the fact Joey's hiding who he is, but he is still putting up with it because he loves him. I did that too.

I hope for the both of them that Joey finds the strength and inner peace within himself to not hide Doug (or his affection for him) anymore. Or just the fact that they spend time together. Joey doesn't need to make a video stating that he's gay or bi or a unicorn for that matter, he just needs to live his life and not be afraid of what he should put on the internet.

And now I'm gonna dry my tears because the #Doey thing is just too much for me atm.
wow what a story about your life it was really nice thanks for sharing and we all hope you find an incredible boyfriend that doesn't mind showing you of to his friends and posts pics of you two on facebook :D

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

that's kinda weird. they got their tickets for free. 2 got balcony tickets and the rest sits at the front? if they were given tickets at the same time, they would be all next to each other. we'd have to first find out how they got the tickets to understand why they were separated. but it is odd, and there's probably a reason
The Internet knows all your secrets

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

caitlinxoxo wrote:I really like Doug a lot...watching his last vlog, I feel like he's really taking it all in and he's so grateful for it all. Not saying that the other vloggers aren't grateful for it but just the way Doug filmed the night (actually taking shots of the other celebs who were there [not to mention that McFly were in the video and McFly are my favorite bands hahahaha] and not having the camera on him the whole time) makes me really think that he's just soaking it all in and I like that.

I do feel like the ~crew ignore him a lot. Not sure whether it's because of the rumors or because they're not that close to him or they don't think their audience wants to see him or what.

I agree and it's sad that they all ignore him like that. If you watch Tanya's vlog she completely ignores Doug when he's about to say something and skips right to Joey. And, I've seen a lot of others do the same thing. I truly hope this is intentional out of respect for Joey. I really hope that it's not because they all think he's not "famous" as them. Maybe if the others did include him in their vlogs he could become as big as they are. That's how they all climbed their way to the top. Doug seems like a truly, genuinely nice person and if Joey doesn't like him he needs to tell him and not string him along. Or, Doug needs to end it. Joey clearly isn't as secure with himself as Doug is, and it's not fair to him. Joey and the others pretty much just ignore him in all their vlogs with the exception of Marcus, and it's just rude. Doug deserves better.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

angelaj0921 wrote:
manged wrote:According to Tanya's vlog, her and Jim also sat up front, meaning Doug was left the loner in the balcony.
Actually Louise and Doug sat together.
Yay! That makes me feel less sorry for him

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Ok, I think you're all spiraling a bit. Yes, it is very hard, almost impossible, to have a relationship where one person is closeted, but Joey's not closeted in a full sense of the word. There are definitely degrees of closetedness that we all go through. Joey's situation is equivalent to being closeted at work, which is something a lot of otherwise out LGBT people do. It's complicated by the fact that Joey's job is essentially his life, but he only records around 10 minutes of his day, and I can't say I agree with the choices Joey has been making lately, but I really doubt that Doug is that hurt by not being completely included in videos. He knew what Joey's status was when he got involved with him, and let's not forget that Doug has never come out on the internet either.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

angelaj0921 wrote:
caitlinxoxo wrote:I really like Doug a lot...watching his last vlog, I feel like he's really taking it all in and he's so grateful for it all. Not saying that the other vloggers aren't grateful for it but just the way Doug filmed the night (actually taking shots of the other celebs who were there [not to mention that McFly were in the video and McFly are my favorite bands hahahaha] and not having the camera on him the whole time) makes me really think that he's just soaking it all in and I like that.

I agree and it's sad that they all ignore him like that. If you watch Tanya's vlog she completely ignores Doug when he's about to say something and skips right to Joey. And, I've seen a lot of others do the same thing. I truly hope this is intentional out of respect for Joey. I really hope that it's not because they all think he's not "famous" as them. Maybe if the others did include him in their vlogs he could become as big as they are. That's how they all climbed their way to the top. Doug seems like a truly, genuinely nice person and if Joey doesn't like him he needs to tell him and not string him along. Or, Doug needs to end it. Joey clearly isn't as secure with himself as Doug is, and it's not fair to him. Joey and the others pretty much just ignore him in all their vlogs with the exception of Marcus and Alfie, and it's just rude. Doug deserves better.

Post by Guest »

I think I've said this before, but being closeted on a world-scale isn't the same as being closeted within your own personal group of friends/relatives. I know many people are frustrated with Joey's avoidance of labeling his sexuality, but I think Kathy Griffin said it best in regards to Anderson Cooper being closeted: "The world isn't just Chelsea, NY and West Hollywood." People are still getting killed for being gay, and you can't ignore that.

There's no way Joey's not out to his friends. Guys that are closeted at his age don't act/dress the way Joey does. Trust.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”