Joey Graceffa Part 4

bloodymarysmith
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 4

Post by bloodymarysmith »

FlipFlops87 wrote:Well, isn't Whitney Milam also involved in the production of the web series? She works in the movie business and somewhat has experience producing School of Thrones, which I didn't personally watch but have read about it on various GoT forums. Hopefully she can give him some guidance because I personally don't think Joey can pull this off himself.
The only good thing about School of Thrones is the camera work, editing, and the slick animated bit. The premise was ridiculous and clichéd, and the writing outright sucked. And at $10k per episode (assuming the cost of the prizes is coming out of the $100k), I would hope they're longer than 5-8 minutes.

Based on the character descriptions, I think it's going to be the same kind of thing, just not a parody. I seriously hope it was Joey who wrote that part, since it was his idea, and the descriptions are terrible. I can see why companies would turn him down, especially with no pilot, and a budget like that.

youknowyoulovemexoxo
Talker
Talker

Post by youknowyoulovemexoxo »

Not to go back to the race thing but Joey's friend from Boston just reblogged this on tumblr

nohaynada
Informer
Informer

Post by nohaynada »

youknowyoulovemexoxo wrote:Not to go back to the race thing but Joey's friend from Boston just reblogged this on tumblr

I doubt she reblogged it because of Joey. She reblogged it because it's true.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

rlalonde77 wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:Well it looks like I'll be the one with the most unpopular opinion on this thread ...

1. Joey is not rich. Yes he's well off, and better off than a lot of people, but he's not rich.
2. He's not "begging" for the $100,000 so he can just scamper off with it and do shopping hauls. He's creating an entire web series with a group of other people. There will be a cast & crew to pay, plus equipment, venue rentals, etc.
3. I don't see how him going off to spend his money on clothes for himself has anything to do with the web series or it's funding.

I'm going to wait until I see how good (or bad) this series is before I make any judgement on his spending habits.
He is not that rich, but he can afford paying loads on money on expensive clothes, food and eating out almost daily.
I don't earn half of what Joey does, and I eat out almost daily too. Where I live, that's what most people do, it's become part of our local culture. I bet parts of the LA area are similar.

gossipgg
Debater
Debater

Post by gossipgg »

Kleineganz wrote:
rlalonde77 wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:Well it looks like I'll be the one with the most unpopular opinion on this thread ...

1. Joey is not rich. Yes he's well off, and better off than a lot of people, but he's not rich.
2. He's not "begging" for the $100,000 so he can just scamper off with it and do shopping hauls. He's creating an entire web series with a group of other people. There will be a cast & crew to pay, plus equipment, venue rentals, etc.
3. I don't see how him going off to spend his money on clothes for himself has anything to do with the web series or it's funding.

I'm going to wait until I see how good (or bad) this series is before I make any judgement on his spending habits.
He is not that rich, but he can afford paying loads on money on expensive clothes, food and eating out almost daily.
I don't earn half of what Joey does, and I eat out almost daily too. Where I live, that's what most people do, it's become part of our local culture. I bet parts of the LA area are similar.
But I doubt you're spending over $15 a meal (about what food in LA costs), along with trips to whole foods every other day. Shopping sprees at least once a month of over $500. LA is disgustingly expensive.

bloodymarysmith
Learner
Learner

Post by bloodymarysmith »

The Kickstarter only has to get $1691 to reach funding. I wonder how much he'll go over, and what he'll do with the money? Will he continue to ask for donations once he reaches the goal?

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

gossipgg wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
rlalonde77 wrote:
But I doubt you're spending over $15 a meal (about what food in LA costs), along with trips to whole foods every other day. Shopping sprees at least once a month of over $500. LA is disgustingly expensive.
Actually when my husband and I eat out, with tax and tip, our bill is generally $50+ ... so we're paying for $25+ per meal (including drinks of course). Every now and again we'll go somewhere cheaper, where we only spend $25-30 total (so $12.50 - 15/meal). We never do fast food (blech).

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Well it looks like part of the money will be going to a casting director and some additional cast

Post by Guest »

Kleineganz wrote:
gossipgg wrote:

Actually when my husband and I eat out, with tax and tip, our bill is generally $50+ ... so we're paying for $25+ per meal (including drinks of course). Every now and again we'll go somewhere cheaper, where we only spend $25-30 total (so $12.50 - 15/meal). We never do fast food (blech).
That's a luxury many can't afford. Picking up a sandwich, salad, baked potato etc would be around £5 and considered fast food you have quite a snobbish attitude to think spending that amount of money eating out everyday is normal.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

ussername wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
gossipgg wrote:

That's a luxury many can't afford. Picking up a sandwich, salad, baked potato etc would be around £5 and considered fast food you have quite a snobbish attitude to think spending that amount of money eating out everyday is normal.
Why do you care? News flash, thanks to people like her, the American economy is able to survive. And considering you're using pounds, I guess that sort of makes sense why you wouldn't understand and act presumptuous. :roll: If they're both able to work and make enough money, then it's not really hurting anyone. Making enough money to consume =/= being snobbish. It's a fact that fast food is healthy and disgusting. Although I will say, at the same time if you seriously eat out daily, I'm sure that definitely won't have a good effect on your health either.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

Auryn wrote:

The thing is that you can't affirm this, he never gave, nor is wiling to give, an exact budget in what he's expending every dollar from the 100000$. I'm not an expert in production, I have never done a web series or anything (exactly like him, funny right?) but I've watched other people's work with less than a half of that money. The fact that Joey's doesn't have any experience doing this just tell me one thing, he just came up with an horrendous amount of money, not thinking how much he needs for this project and not knowing the real value of the money (because we all can tell he doesn't know how hard is to get it and how he wastes it every day). Behind this kickstart campaing there should be an enormous work of investigation, asking for estimates, looking for places, finding the best but at the same time affordable equipments, helpers, actors, camera crew, in fact the all crew in general... and I reaaaally doubt slacker Joey did that job. At the end he would have his 100000$ for the project and he's going to do one of two things:
a) Waste money in stupid things for the web series (at least this one would be still honorable)
b) Waste money in stupid things for himself (I'm afraid this is the one that sounds more realistic to me)
Oh come off of it, if people are SERIOUSLY willing to spend $10,000 or even $10 on something on the internet, that means they should be mature enough to take the responsibility for what they're using their OWN money towards. I mean, it's either they took their parents' credit card/paypal without permission, or they have their own accounts. Not to mention, it really ISN'T unrealistic to spend that much money on a film production. There's supposed to be around 6 episodes, it would definitely accumulate. I don't even know barely anything about the costs when filming a movie or show but it's just common sense that there wouldn't be enough money left over for Joey to just take (which you know, would be stealing) and go spend on tank tops or whatever. And if you haven't read the Kickstarter page, he's not the only one producing this, so I don't know what the big deal is.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Suspiria wrote:
ussername wrote:
Kleineganz wrote: Actually when my husband and I eat out, with tax and tip, our bill is generally $50+ ... so we're paying for $25+ per meal (including drinks of course). Every now and again we'll go somewhere cheaper, where we only spend $25-30 total (so $12.50 - 15/meal). We never do fast food (blech).
Why do you care? News flash, thanks to people like her, the American economy is able to survive. And considering you're using pounds, I guess that sort of makes sense why you wouldn't understand and act presumptuous. :roll: If they're both able to work and make enough money, then it's not really hurting anyone. Making enough money to consume =/= being snobbish. It's a fact that fast food is healthy and disgusting. Although I will say, at the same time if you seriously eat out daily, I'm sure that definitely won't have a good effect on your health either.
It depends on the food choices you make while eating out. We mostly eat at local restaurants, most of which are all organic farm-to-fork places. When I order, I get lean meats, veggies. I'll substitute potatoes for brown rice or quinoa, or if it's brunch I'll ask for fresh fruit instead of potatoes. I don't order anything fried or in heavy/cream sauces. In the summer I order a lot more salads. So it's possible to eat healthy and eat out at the same time.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

why is he getting a casting director? he's the one who came up with the idea, he should be the one directing the castings, not some guy he hired that doesn't have the proper idea of what joey wants. how is he going to explain to the casting director what he's looking for, if he can't even give a proper explanation of what the show is? also, he should've waited until he had passed the 100k to get a casting director, sure it's easy to see that he's getting the money, but if he's heading to the meeting, it means he had already scheduled it, without even having all the money. i think getting a casting director is pointless, but maybe that'll mean that, even if the show is utter shit, at least the acting won't be that bad (assuming joey hires the good actors)
The Internet knows all your secrets

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

gossipgg wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
rlalonde77 wrote:He is not that rich, but he can afford paying loads on money on expensive clothes, food and eating out almost daily.
Never did I think I'd read an extended conversation about Joey Graceffa and his love of "eating out."

#RealTalk

Post by Guest »

Kleineganz wrote:
It depends on the food choices you make while eating out. We mostly eat at local restaurants, most of which are all organic farm-to-fork places. When I order, I get lean meats, veggies. I'll substitute potatoes for brown rice or quinoa, or if it's brunch I'll ask for fresh fruit instead of potatoes. I don't order anything fried or in heavy/cream sauces. In the summer I order a lot more salads. So it's possible to eat healthy and eat out at the same time.
What's wrong with potatoes? They are a natural carbohydrate full of nutrients such as potassium. Eating out in restruants is known to be quite unhealthy so hardly something you should be doing everyday. There are usually a good range of fast food places selling falafel, baked potatoes, soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches etc that aren't bad.

Post by Guest »

GodWarrior wrote:
#RealTalk
This is serious business, the hard hitting problems of today you know :D

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

ussername wrote:
Kleineganz wrote:
What's wrong with potatoes? They are a natural carbohydrate full of nutrients such as potassium. Eating out in restruants is known to be quite unhealthy so hardly something you should be doing everyday. There are usually a good range of fast food places selling falafel, baked potatoes, soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches etc that aren't bad.
I eat a low-carb diet and I try to avoid starchy foods, like potatoes and white rice. I also avoid adding sugar to my food (the only sugar I get is what is naturally occurring in the fruits/veggies I eat). Also most of the nutrients in a potato are in the skin and most restaurants remove the skin so its sort of pointless, not to mention many preparations of potatoes are fried. I do occasionally get a baked potato though.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

illegal_mind wrote:why is he getting a casting director? he's the one who came up with the idea, he should be the one directing the castings, not some guy he hired that doesn't have the proper idea of what joey wants. how is he going to explain to the casting director what he's looking for, if he can't even give a proper explanation of what the show is? also, he should've waited until he had passed the 100k to get a casting director, sure it's easy to see that he's getting the money, but if he's heading to the meeting, it means he had already scheduled it, without even having all the money. i think getting a casting director is pointless, but maybe that'll mean that, even if the show is utter shit, at least the acting won't be that bad (assuming joey hires the good actors)
Even George R. R. Martin needed a casting director for Game of Thrones. Casting Directors are trained professionals and can help make better casting decisions. I'm sure Joey will be participating in the auditions, just needing the casting director to give him advice since Joey has never done casting before.

youknowyoulovemexoxo
Talker
Talker

Post by youknowyoulovemexoxo »

nohaynada wrote:
youknowyoulovemexoxo wrote:Not to go back to the race thing but Joey's friend from Boston just reblogged this on tumblr

I doubt she reblogged it because of Joey. She reblogged it because it's true.

Regardless, it's just interesting to me that she reblogged it the same week of his video, tis all.

Teen Dream
Debater
Debater

Post by Teen Dream »

Why give a starving kid in Africa hope when you can fund a youtuber's web series dream? And when we're done raising money for Joey maybe we can raise tiger woods something for new golf clubs and a blind prostitute?

Return to “Joey Graceffa”