Joey Graceffa Part 3

Dunches
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 3

Post by Dunches »

I saw that JoeyBurry video a few weeks (maybe months) ago, and I got so sad :p That Joey was just so cute and nice <3. I miss that one c:

redlips
Talker
Talker

Post by redlips »

he's so different in that video, so much less annoying. Also LOL @ him saying were gonna be doing like accents in this video--how far you have come from warning about accents to not being able to say a single fucking sentence w.o one.

he's unbearable now. I'm actually just tired of watching LA vloggers they all act the same, they're all signed w maker, they are all so damn disney and vanilla. It's not fun anymore.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

redlips wrote:he's so different in that video, so much less annoying. Also LOL @ him saying were gonna be doing like accents in this video--how far you have come from warning about accents to not being able to say a single fucking sentence w.o one.

he's unbearable now. I'm actually just tired of watching LA vloggers they all act the same, they're all signed w maker, they are all so damn disney and vanilla. It's not fun anymore.
joey's signed with alloy. not sure if maker owns alloy or something, but joey isn't with maker (i think he left a while ago)
The Internet knows all your secrets

lilacbear
Learner
Learner

Post by lilacbear »

Awwe now I'm sad. I miss that Joey, and even the Joey a year after that. He seemed so much less annoying when he was still with WSP. It's weird though, Joey seems like he did a 180 while Brittany is pretty much the same exact person as she was in the video above. Maybe that's why they're not as close, because Brit is the same person she was in MA, while Joey is unrecognizable.

I think that Joey thinks that what he is now is what we want to see out of his vlogs, a peppy, snarky, "finnicked-out" version of himself. No, we just want the REAL Joey, not this accent/smoothie/acting peppy crap.

PHAIL
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PHAIL »

Am I the only one sick of TheBloopMonster constantly trying to dictate what people here can and can't talk about and how they should behave? Stfu, who are you? No one cares.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

TheBloopMonster wrote:@FAKEBLOOD Yes, but I don't think he's 'self-absorbed'. He KNOWS he is good looking but somewhere in there is the old 2010 Joey. L.A has twisted and warped his mind into something that he is not. which is sad. I remember when Joey used to eat what he wanted and these buffoons have changed him. His 'L.A makeover' didn't help back in August 2012. (That's when I noticed he was somewhat becoming not himself.) Again I agree with you with these unnecessary temper tantrums he has if he loses a game or if something doesn't go his way. I guess I'm hoping for him to change back (which seems very unlikely). For example the video he did on Meghan's 'LifeBurry' channel back in 2010 is the REAL Joey Graceffa not this Ken doll we see now; and I think I will have to un-subscribe from him which is one thing I don't really want to do. :/ But if he keeps this act up I will be forced to because he is literally becoming unbearable D:
I definitely think he's lost touch with himself. But I also think there are some elements of his behaviour now that were always there, but he was actively trying to quell them before because he wasn't in an accepting environment.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

he posted this image with the caption: "I'm actually doing it! This is a big moment!" he's acting like eating a cookie is something out of the ordinary and that no one ever does. i'm getting concerned not only about him, but also about the message about health that he's sending to his viewers

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

^ Unbelievable.

DiamondLeFunk
Talker
Talker

Post by DiamondLeFunk »

I'm new here! But i'm a Joey sub and read all your posts on him! If you'd like some dirt, he was at a gay hot spot called Fiesta Cantina in WeHo last night! Image

I mean come on guys! also he needs new clothes, based on his twitter i'm glad he's going clothes shopping!

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i wonder how many times that happens and he just doesn't vlog it and pretends he stayed at home (maybe the days he doesn't post a vlog means he went out the night before). i bet if the fangirls got a hold of that they'd start freaking out (or making up excuses)

ludz
Talker
Talker

Post by ludz »

I literally commented on that picture saying, it seems like he is overcoming anorexia, and it's not healthy to think that way.
Of course someone responds with a snarky comment like "anorexia is when you don't eat at all, not when you don't eat sugar"
Yeah thanks missknowitall.
He basically doesn't eat anything, only chicken, asparagus, and smoothies.
I feel bad for Joey :( his body isn't even that nice cause he doesn't work out, he just doesn't eat.

DiamondLeFunk
Talker
Talker

Post by DiamondLeFunk »

Joey confuses me because his online persona is a shy, lonely and insecure-about-dating boy. But he's partying it up in WeHo and probably attending bukkake parties. So i don't think it's that he needs to come out his audience, he just needs to be himself. Like in collab videos, he swears a lot, but you don't hear that in his video (edits it out), it's like he's catering to a PG audience.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

@DiamondLeFunk, did you try to post a picture? Nothing showed up.

DiamondLeFunk
Talker
Talker

Post by DiamondLeFunk »

@JDBgirl yeah it was a picture of him with some guy in WeHo last night, i can see it in the post? I'm new here, so i'm just guessing how to use things

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

the photo is showing for me. so it may be something that's going wrong on JDBgirl's end

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

I see it now lol...wow. Oh Joey.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

Welcome, DiamondLeFunk! Great first post, LOL. Someone should post that picture on one of his vlogs and start an uproar. Or ask if he had fun at the gay bar. Lmao.
ludz wrote:I literally commented on that picture saying, it seems like he is overcoming anorexia, and it's not healthy to think that way.
Of course someone responds with a snarky comment like "anorexia is when you don't eat at all, not when you don't eat sugar"
Yeah thanks missknowitall.
He basically doesn't eat anything, only chicken, asparagus, and smoothies.
I feel bad for Joey :( his body isn't even that nice cause he doesn't work out, he just doesn't eat.
And they'd be wrong in saying that. Not eating at all is called fasting, and if it's being done to lose weight, it should be considered nothing more than a bad dieting strategy. Anorexia nervosa is a mental disorder, and has a very specific set of criteria as laid out by the DSM, with the key criterion being a body mass index of below 18.5. Joey doesn't have an eating disorder. He's just dumb. If he were to have an eating disorder (read: he doesn't), the closest would be orthorexia nervosa (obsession with eating only healthy foods/refusing to eat unhealthy foods, to the point of disablement), which is currently not recognized in medical manuals like the DSM.

* Sorry, I've been a research assistant to several psychologists who specialize in eating disorders, and it drives me nuts when the terms are thrown around carelessly.

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

I don't get that at all, he appears really social and definitely not insecure nor shy.

Also I don't think there's a problem with him not divulging going clubbing or whatever, let the guy have some privacy.

And yeah that cookie picture is rme inducing, but can we assume he's undereating if he's cutting off on junk food? We're not there for every meal he has, he could still be getting his recommended calorie intake.

DiamondLeFunk
Talker
Talker

Post by DiamondLeFunk »

Thanks FAKEBLOOD and noir-beaute, if you watch his ask joey videos and stuff, those are the things he says about himself as to why he's single. I also don't understand why he's saying he's never been in a relationship or has ex's, yet his "Still into you" video, is about an ex? Like who is that emotionally wrapped up in someone they never got serious with?

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

He may not have an eating disorder, but he definitely has a mentally and possibly physically unhealthy relationship with food.

As far as the photo posted while he was in the gay bar, I think he's single because it's impossible to pick up guys while wearing a woman's blazer.

I've always thought he had an online persona, but I didn't start watching him til TAR, and I haven't seen all that many pre-haircut videos. (I find his old hair a distracting abomination.) I hope he doesn't go around doing crazy voices and saying goody graci-anya-ous when he's not in front of a camera. I doubt he would have any friends if he did, and he seems to be pretty well liked by people he knows in real life.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”