GodWarrior
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joey and Meghan on The Amazing Race **may contain spoile

Post by GodWarrior »

GOOD RIDDANCE.

I have watched about 12-14 seasons of The Amazing Race, and Joey & Meghan are EASILY the most pathetic team that I have ever seen make it to the Final 5. They held themselves like incompetent boors. The second they stopped following another team, they would immediately get lost. They were pitiful at looking for flights, and would simply accept whatever measly flight was given to them. They weren't particularly adept at any of the challenges. They aren't smart, they aren't fast, they aren't strong, THEY LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN ROLL BARRELS PROPERLY.

When Joey suggested that he and Meghan start rolling ONE BARREL AT A TIME, BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM, I thought that was so indicative of the entire race. What an idiotic move. And it's so emblematic of how pathetic Joey & Meghan are. It's as if they resigned themselves to losing, yet they were still going up against Mona & Beth, who, despite being middle-aged mothers, were rolling the barrels two-at-a-time, BECAUSE DUH, IT'S MORE EFFICIENT THAT WAY. I don't care how "hard" it was, they lost any chance they might've had. Not to mention, THEY LOOKED LIKE MORONS. It didn't even look that hard. It just looked tedious, having to bend over to roll the barrel. Meghan doesn't get a pass either; what a useless piece of garbage.

AND PRAISE JESUS THAT JOEY ISN'T A MILLIONAIRE/CONFIRMED BACHELOR.

With that said, I want Mona & Beth to win. And if not them, then the blondes.

P.S. I loved how Phil didn't take any of Joey's shit. "I'm pretty sure we're the last team to arrive today." "You are the last team to arrive." So blunt, and it shut him right up. GOD, JOEY'S SUCH A BAD ACTOR, HE CAN'T EVEN DO FAKE TEARS RIGHT. Stick to YouTube, you buffoon!

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

GodWarrior, as usual, I love you.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

wow, some people are mean....
I'm suprised and glad that they made it so far. And I really hope that Hockey Players gonna win. They are strongest them there.
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

ludz
Talker
Talker

Post by ludz »

Ya that comment was pretty harsh..^^ like if you don't like them so much why are you always commenting in their forums and watching all their videos...

Anyways I'm glad they made it that far, what an awesome experience. I'm not rooting for anyone anymore because frankly they all are assholes, even Mona and Beth..I mean, some alliance..barely helped Joey and Meghan at all, meanwhile Meghan was more than glad to stay behind in a challenge to help Mona (or Beth) to finish.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

ludz wrote:Ya that comment was pretty harsh..^^ like if you don't like them so much why are you always commenting in their forums and watching all their videos...

Anyways I'm glad they made it that far, what an awesome experience. I'm not rooting for anyone anymore because frankly they all are assholes, even Mona and Beth..I mean, some alliance..barely helped Joey and Meghan at all, meanwhile Meghan was more than glad to stay behind in a challenge to help Mona (or Beth) to finish.
Because this is a gossip forum? Gossip tends not to be a positive thing, if you didn't know. We're not exactly exercising critical thinking here. It's fun to ridicule them, because they have made themselves public spectacles. Every behaviour has a consequence—I'm sure they don't give a damn that we're all here talking about them, be it positively or negatively... and if they do, THEY'RE the ones who are in the wrong because they don't understand this very basic example of cause-and-effect.

I don't even like Mona and Beth, but how does that make them assholes? It was a tooth and nail fight to get the last spot... if they had have stopped and helped Meghan and Joey that would have made them idiots... there is a million friggin' dollars on the line.

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

Right! Although I get that some YouTube fans confuse TAR with TJMS (The Joey & Meghan Show; creative, right?), since when did it become the responsibility of every other team to coddle the feelings of "Team Cute," and help them throughout the race, even to their own detriment. Honestly, people may read my post as "harsh," although I prefer "snarky" and "sardonic," but Joey & Meghan were a fairly weak team within the context of the race.

Furthermore, the unwritten rule of an alliance in The Amazing Race is not to bend over backwards until your back breaks (I just made that up), but rather, it is to share information, mainly with regard to flights and navigation, and then "may the best team win." When Meghan helped Mona & Beth, they were not in last place, it was not the end of the leg, and it was not a fight to the death. You have to be pretty misguided to believe that Mona & Beth should have self-eliminated themselves so that two privileged kids from YouTube could move forward.

Finally, and I am repeating something I argued in the thread earlier, although I recognize that the other teams are ganging up on Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth -- that is obvious -- I don't think that it is unwarranted. Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth were the teams who initially created an alliance, whose goal was to help one another, to the exclusion of all other teams. It was only natural for the other teams, upon finding out about the alliance, to coalesce, and form their own pact, agreeing to help one another, to the exclusion of the three other teams. So whenever Joey & Meghan would innocently complain "I'm not sure why they hate us so much" or "why do they target us so much?" I am like "DO YOU GUYS HAVE SELECTIVE MEMORY LOSS?" They made the first move to create an exclusive alliance, and when said alliance fell apart, they weren't able to deal with the fact that the other teams formed an alliance in response. All of a sudden, alliances were "unfair." Boohoo. Back to a life of YouTube you go.

ludz
Talker
Talker

Post by ludz »

Can't be bothered to read your post ^
Anyway yeah I get Joey and Meghan are in the public eye..somewhat, but it's not like they are all over the news and stuff like Justin bieber where it's harde to avoid them. They make YouTube videos, so that's your decision to search them up and watch their videos

And about Mona and Beth, yes I know it was a million dollars on the line, especially during last nights episode, so forget about that. But generally they weren't much of an alliance. Compared to the rest of the teams, they really didnt help Joey or Meghan out much.

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

ludz wrote:Ya that comment was pretty harsh..^^ like if you don't like them so much why are you always commenting in their forums and watching all their videos...
As if everyone on this website (or even the majority) comes to say nice things about youtubers. Gee, I wonder why the rave section is practically dead then...
The word "gossip" usually holds a negative connotation anyways, so I don't see why you're surprised.

ludz
Talker
Talker

Post by ludz »

allisoonnn wrote:
As if everyone on this website (or even the majority) comes to say nice things about youtubers. Gee, I wonder why the rave section is practically dead then...
The word "gossip" usually holds a negative connotation anyways, so I don't see why you're surprised.
I'm not saying people can't gossip..and I'm not surprised. I just thought that the comment they left was a bit exaggerated and they should just chill out a bit..

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

ludz wrote:Can't be bothered to read your post ^
Anyway yeah I get Joey and Meghan are in the public eye..somewhat, but it's not like they are all over the news and stuff like Justin bieber where it's harde to avoid them. They make YouTube videos, so that's your decision to search them up and watch their videos

And about Mona and Beth, yes I know it was a million dollars on the line, especially during last nights episode, so forget about that. But generally they weren't much of an alliance. Compared to the rest of the teams, they really didnt help Joey or Meghan out much.
I agree; they weren't much of an alliance. But alliances are always flimsy when they're between weak teams.

I actually think Joey and Meghan should have been out a long time ago (even before the Chuck and Wynona penalty that saved them)... and the same goes for Mona and Beth. Both teams happened to catch lucky breaks, though... I truly think they got this far because of piggybacking and dumb luck. They never really excelled at anything in the race, aside from annoying the other teams; so much so that the strongest teams wanted them gone, even though it would make the race more challenging by having only strong teams in the running. Hah.

upandaway
Learner
Learner

Post by upandaway »

I don't like that Joey and Meghan got eliminated, BUT at the same time I don't feel bad for them because they make a lot of $$ just from making videos. And they will eventually be, especially Joey, millionaires on paper like Shane Dawson, Jenna Marbles etc.. Joey is gaining subs like crazy so he will be at a million by Summer. Shane Dawson's net worth is like 4 million which is insane for someone who make's videos for the internet.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

upandaway wrote:I don't like that Joey and Meghan got eliminated, BUT at the same time I don't feel bad for them because they make a lot of $$ just from making videos. And they will eventually be, especially Joey, millionaires on paper like Shane Dawson, Jenna Marbles etc.. Joey is gaining subs like crazy so he will be at a million by Summer. Shane Dawson's net worth is like 4 million which is insane for someone who make's videos for the internet.
Where is Shane Dawson's net worth published? I googled but couldn't find any reliable info on that.

nohaynada
Informer
Informer

Post by nohaynada »

GodWarrior wrote:Right! Although I get that some YouTube fans confuse TAR with TJMS (The Joey & Meghan Show; creative, right?), since when did it become the responsibility of every other team to coddle the feelings of "Team Cute," and help them throughout the race, even to their own detriment. Honestly, people may read my post as "harsh," although I prefer "snarky" and "sardonic," but Joey & Meghan were a fairly weak team within the context of the race.

Furthermore, the unwritten rule of an alliance in The Amazing Race is not to bend over backwards until your back breaks (I just made that up), but rather, it is to share information, mainly with regard to flights and navigation, and then "may the best team win." When Meghan helped Mona & Beth, they were not in last place, it was not the end of the leg, and it was not a fight to the death. You have to be pretty misguided to believe that Mona & Beth should have self-eliminated themselves so that two privileged kids from YouTube could move forward.

Finally, and I am repeating something I argued in the thread earlier, although I recognize that the other teams are ganging up on Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth -- that is obvious -- I don't think that it is unwarranted. Joey & Meghan and Mona & Beth were the teams who initially created an alliance, whose goal was to help one another, to the exclusion of all other teams. It was only natural for the other teams, upon finding out about the alliance, to coalesce, and form their own pact, agreeing to help one another, to the exclusion of the three other teams. So whenever Joey & Meghan would innocently complain "I'm not sure why they hate us so much" or "why do they target us so much?" I am like "DO YOU GUYS HAVE SELECTIVE MEMORY LOSS?" They made the first move to create an exclusive alliance, and when said alliance fell apart, they weren't able to deal with the fact that the other teams formed an alliance in response. All of a sudden, alliances were "unfair." Boohoo. Back to a life of YouTube you go.
LOL they made that comment because you obviously look bitter and jealous, what's the matter? Did you apply and get rejected? Aww diddums.

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

Who dubbed them as Team Cute, or was that a name they gave themselves?

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

MunsterCheese wrote:Who dubbed them as Team Cute, or was that a name they gave themselves?
They self-described themselves as "Team Cute" in their casting video.

[youtube][/youtube]
(I'm not sure how long the full episode will remain on YouTube, but I'll link to it anyways).

(4:54-5:16) - Joey & Meghan's hilarious/ridicuous casting video; i.e. "Team Cute."

(12:27-13:12) - Joey & Meghan's first interaction with the newlyweds: so funny in retrospect.

(33:31-33:50) - The first time this season I felt second-hand embarrassment for Joey (when he cheered excessively after he found the sandcastle clue, rubbing it in all the other team's faces).
nohaynada wrote:LOL they made that comment because you obviously look bitter and jealous, what's the matter? Did you apply and get rejected? Aww diddums.
Suggesting that dissenting opinions are rooted in jealousy is such a tired trope. It is a defence that is commonly used by the uncreative and simpleminded. Please get better material.

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

GodWarrior wrote:
MunsterCheese wrote:Who dubbed them as Team Cute, or was that a name they gave themselves?
They self-described themselves as "Team Cute" in their casting video.

[youtube][/youtube]
(I'm not sure how long the full episode will remain on YouTube, but I'll link to it anyways).

(4:54-5:16) - Joey & Meghan's hilarious/ridicuous casting video; i.e. "Team Cute."

(12:27-13:12) - Joey & Meghan's first interaction with the newlyweds: so funny in retrospect.

(33:31-33:50) - The first time this season I felt second-hand embarrassment for Joey (when he cheered excessively after he found the sandcastle clue, rubbing it in all the other team's faces).
Thanks.

I remember seeing the sandcastle moment. That was what cemented the fact that there was no way I could root for them. So obnoxious.

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

MunsterCheese wrote:Thanks.

I remember seeing the sandcastle moment. That was what cemented the fact that there was no way I could root for them. So obnoxious.
Yeah! I agree.

Although I must say, Joey's jump is rather impressive. If he weren't exuding poor sportsmanship, I'd be impressed at how high he can jump. The problem is: he jumps-n-squeals whenever he scores a goal (aka. bowling a strike), and it just comes across as excessive, like he's rubbing it in.

I just want to sit Joey down and explain how people should behave: don't be a poor sport, winning with grace is as important as losing with grate, and don't be ungrateful (another character flaw of his that bothers me). Joey just lacks a filter, and isn't very self-aware.

merp
Informer
Informer

Post by merp »

I absolutely despise Max and Katie. They have the most dry, yet obnoxious personalities. I am sad team youtube is gone, but I'll be happy to see any of the other teams win besides max and katie. They're so awful.

GodWarrior
Informer
Informer

Post by GodWarrior »

Another reference to "Team Cute" (actually, like 18 times):

[youtube][/youtube]

Joey & Meghan start talking about "Team Cute" around 13:23. SPOILER ALERT: IT IS NOT CUTE.

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

I know a lot of you aren't watching any more, but I just need to say

THANK GOD Max and Katie didn't win.

I wanted to punch him when he was saying he was glad they weren't actually meeting the President. We get it, you're a republican. He made it seem like being a democrat was contagious or something.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”