Joey Graceffa Part 2

Kleineganz

Re: Joey Graceffa Part 2

Post by Kleineganz »

emmygues wrote:can someone summarize when joey got an editor and why he needed one? i never followed him but it's shocking that he has an editor.
He got an editor sometime last year. He probably got one because he can afford it and didn't want the tedium of editing all his videos together all the time (I think he still does some of his own editing). Maybe you view it as being lazy, but hey - he's providing an income to someone, so I don't see it as a bad thing.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by an0n »

I also wonder if whatever network he's with was part of the editor decision

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

an0n wrote:I also wonder if whatever network he's with was part of the editor decision
He's with Alloy, which is the same network Smosh is part of. Not sure if they would have dictated that he get an editor ... but they may have orchestrated the whole living arrangement he now has with 1/2 of Smosh ...

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

well, i think he said he got an editor because trying to post daily vlogs was kinda stressing him out, mostly the editing and uploading part, so he asked for an editor. so he now can walk around all day not having to worry about editing the video. if the video was edited by him, then the editor's name won't be at the bottom of the description.
i think his network is alloy, at least it was last time i checked, not really sure if they could have anything to do with it, but maybe they told they hinted that getting an editor would be a good idea to help the daily vlogging, not sure how much power his network has over his channel, for all we know the network was the one that said "here's an editor, you just vlog" and he didn't have a say in the matter and just came up with the excuse it stressed him out. i guess we'll never find out, unless he(or someone else who knows) tells us
The Internet knows all your secrets

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

illegal_mind wrote:well, i think he said he got an editor because trying to post daily vlogs was kinda stressing him out, mostly the editing and uploading part, so he asked for an editor. so he now can walk around all day not having to worry about editing the video. if the video was edited by him, then the editor's name won't be at the bottom of the description.
i think his network is alloy, at least it was last time i checked, not really sure if they could have anything to do with it, but maybe they told they hinted that getting an editor would be a good idea to help the daily vlogging, not sure how much power his network has over his channel, for all we know the network was the one that said "here's an editor, you just vlog"
No the network didn't just hand him an editor. Joey was advertising for editors through Twitter.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yes, he did ASK for one, but we don't know how true that request was. i was kinda surprised when he asked his audience for one, since majority are teens, there's only a small percentage of his audience that, like us, are adults. when he got one i just assumed the editor was related to one of his fans or something like that

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

I think he got one out of pure laziness. Doesn't iJustine still edit her own videos? Or she did til recently? Joey is just lazy.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

here4thegoss wrote:back to an old theory, but from recent videos/ tweets, anyone think there is something going on between sawyer and joey?
I wish!

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

Joey once commented on a video a while ago something like "Either I have an editor or videos are uploaded less often because its too much work to film and edit every day" and it sounded really bitchy.
JDBgirl, iJustine does edit all her videos and she has a bunch of channels to take care of, with videos everyday. Makes Joey look so lazy.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

that's what i don't get, and see as laziness from joey. there's other people who post daily, ijustine and dailygrace for example, and they edit their own videos. ijustine has a million channels and edits every single video, yet joey requires an editor. i see what kleine says about giving someone one a job, even tho his editor probably works for other people as well, but joey doesn't do anything all day besides walking around with his camera, and then recording hungercraft every now and then.
on another subject, i find it quite amazing that he reached 600k so fast, he reached 500k when he was in the bahamas, and now he got 600k and soon he'll reach a million. which honestly, i can't tell if it's a good or bad thing, but i assume there'll be ever more fangirls commenting "JOEY'S NOT GAY"

daisy16
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by daisy16 »

I don't really think it's a big deal that he has an editor. I'd rather it be him just being lazy than him complaining about editing in every video like some other vloggers do, which gets annoying fast. And I think a lot of vloggers just get sick of vlogging and are less motivated to do it because of editing. So if getting an editor makes things easier for him and makes him still want to vlog, I don't see the problem with it. I will say though the voice he does in his videos drives me up a wall and I think I would lose my shit trying to edit that every. single. day.

Pixiepink
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Pixiepink »

Does Joey have another job? If not, surely one video per day is feasible if youtube is your full time job?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yes, that's a good point, a lot of youtubers probably get less motivated because of the editing, since it's the more difficult part of the whole thing, so him having an editor, prevents us from hearing him whining all the time, and there'd be less videos. i feel sorry for his editor, i'd go mad having to listen over and over to joey when he does those annoying voices
Pixiepink wrote:Does Joey have another job? If not, surely one video per day is feasible if youtube is your full time job?
he works for teen.com as well, but daily vlogging does make you more money than one video every now and then, the thing is, he's lazy, and he wouldn't be able to edit and upload every day because he'd want to go out and just hang out with friends or something like that

Post by Guest »

I don't see the big deal of hiring an editor. Its a waste of money, sure, but at least he's not complaining about how tiring editing in every vlog *cough*PVP*cough*.

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YOUTUBERS GOSSIP »

Izzybee wrote:I don't see the big deal of hiring an editor. Its a waste of money, sure, but at least he's not complaining about how tiring editing in every vlog *cough*PVP*cough*.
I know right i love PVP but they can be so annoying saying (have to stay up all night to edit) it drives me crazy

BTDUBBS why do people say joey is a daily vlogger. i count Ijustine and Shane dawson as daily vloggers not Joey does he have a youtube account just for daily vlogging no

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP wrote:
Izzybee wrote:I don't see the big deal of hiring an editor. Its a waste of money, sure, but at least he's not complaining about how tiring editing in every vlog *cough*PVP*cough*.
I know right i love PVP but they can be so annoying saying (have to stay up all night to edit) it drives me crazy

BTDUBBS why do people say joey is a daily vlogger. i count Ijustine and Shane dawson as daily vloggers not Joey does he have a youtube account just for daily vlogging no
Well he has a vlog channel and a gaming channel ... but yeah he often doesn't vlog "daily."

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP
Gossiper
Gossiper

Does anybody else know that he is trying to start a web series with whitney.
Im exited

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP
Gossiper
Gossiper

has anybody else seen hunter and joey together lately cause i have not its like they only hanged out with hunter at the movies and playlist and thats it.

whats joeys and hunters shipping name cause i created my own they are JUNTER and HUNTEY

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP
Gossiper
Gossiper

omg joey was shirtless with sawyer but sawyer had a shirt on which was disappointing but that was nice of him because sawyer has a six pack while joey doesn't have any pack at all which could be intimidating for joey or give him a boner. i wish he had his finnick body back he looked so hot during Halloween

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

YOUTUBERS GOSSIP, a lot of people here think that Joey and Hunter may have had a falling out, because Joey said he was sad about something in a video a while ago and some clever chicken on here (I forget who it was) unearthed the fact that Joey and Hunter are no longer Facebook friends.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”