Jayjay12
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FreshlyOutJoeyGraceffa&HisNewBoyfriendPA part16

Post by Jayjay12 »

SadiesAriel wrote:
thatreallycoolkid wrote:I literally blacklisted joey graceffa because I cringed every time I saw his desperate thumbnails where he was whoring out his newly gay bff persona, i mean he has always kinda been like that but it was just like we get it you're openly gay now but yeah I can't believe he got married and is STILL fucking trying to act I really hope he gave up singing someone tell me he gave up singing
When did he get married?
He didn't. I also don't think he's been trying to act? I haven't looked into it but I don't think Meghan's show is an acting type show. Could be wrong on that, but he didn't get married.

truecorner

Post by truecorner »

Jayjay12 wrote:
SadiesAriel wrote:
thatreallycoolkid wrote:I literally blacklisted joey graceffa because I cringed every time I saw his desperate thumbnails where he was whoring out his newly gay bff persona, i mean he has always kinda been like that but it was just like we get it you're openly gay now but yeah I can't believe he got married and is STILL fucking trying to act I really hope he gave up singing someone tell me he gave up singing
When did he get married?
He didn't. I also don't think he's been trying to act? I haven't looked into it but I don't think Meghan's show is an acting type show. Could be wrong on that, but he didn't get married.
I believe he is still trying to act because of things like Escape The Night but I wouldn't say he is trying to pursue it as a main career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

truecorner wrote:
Jayjay12 wrote:
SadiesAriel wrote:
When did he get married?
I believe he is still trying to act because of things like Escape The Night but I wouldn't say he is trying to pursue it as a main career.

That must have been a recent change, because for the longest, his little "series" were basically pilots for vehicles to get him his own show. Or maybe he realized that he can't act to save his life, and is resolved to doing a short-lived YouTube Red thing (who thinks there's going to be a Season 3? Not I)

thatreallycoolkid
Learner
Learner

Post by thatreallycoolkid »

SadiesAriel wrote:
When did he get married?
did he not? I thought he called him his husband somewhere? my bad I should have researched a bit more lol

Post by Guest »

I can't even be bothered to watch his videos anymore... is it just me, or does it feel like most of the big YouTubers have kind of plateaued? They aren't talked about as much, there's no more crossover appeal... it's like people realized that they've been watching these people do nothing for years and that's this is ALL you're gonna get.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

So in his latest vlog, He Did All This For Me?, Joey begins by stating he got more botox.

Am I the only person who thinks this is an issue? With all the media pressure on, especially, young women already promoting a very unrealistic expectation of what beauty and desirability are... and the fact that Joey's demographics are girls/young women and young gay men (the demographics mostly affected by body-image issues), I genuinely don't think this is acceptable.

Joey is perpetuating an unrealistic ideal. He's not even in his 30s yet, and he's getting botox! What kind of message does that send his followers, a lot of whom are impressionable? Were I YouTube, I'd take away the monetization of that video, and all other videos that promote these things (let's not talk about Jeffree Star's weed usage on YouTube!)

I am legitimately angry and worried about the kids who watch these videos. They are going to think forehead-botox'd neck-beards are something one aspires to look like!

Jayjay12
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jayjay12 »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:So in his latest vlog, He Did All This For Me?, Joey begins by stating he got more botox.

Am I the only person who thinks this is an issue? With all the media pressure on, especially, young women already promoting a very unrealistic expectation of what beauty and desirability are... and the fact that Joey's demographics are girls/young women and young gay men (the demographics mostly affected by body-image issues), I genuinely don't think this is acceptable.

Joey is perpetuating an unrealistic ideal. He's not even in his 30s yet, and he's getting botox! What kind of message does that send his followers, a lot of whom are impressionable? Were I YouTube, I'd take away the monetization of that video, and all other videos that promote these things (let's not talk about Jeffree Star's weed usage on YouTube!)

I am legitimately angry and worried about the kids who watch these videos. They are going to think forehead-botox'd neck-beards are something one aspires to look like!
He should be able to do what he wants with his body. Botox isn't that big of a deal. Nitpick something else.

Post by Guest »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:So in his latest vlog, He Did All This For Me?, Joey begins by stating he got more botox.

That's his face to pump and pluck and primp... it's only a personal problem in the sense that he already is getting things that older people get to stay looking younger, so that can end up being rough as he gets older, but I think people way too much emphasis on the impact of YouTubers. I don't think anyone's getting botox because Joey Graceffa got it, and I don't think it's fair for other people to impose their hangups on miss thang. I guarantee if someone has body issues that severe, they need professional help and shouldn't be seeking superficially empty validation from Internet pseudo-celebrities.

In short, if he wants to look like a sundried turnip by the time he's 32, it's his prerogative.

Post by Guest »

JuniperJones wrote:

That's his face to pump and pluck and primp... it's only a personal problem in the sense that he already is getting things that older people get to stay looking younger, so that can end up being rough as he gets older, but I think you're placing way too much emphasis on the impact of YouTubers. I don't think anyone's getting botox because Joey Graceffa got it, and I don't think it's fair for other people to impose their hangups on miss thang. I guarantee if someone has body issues that severe, they need professional help and shouldn't be seeking superficially empty validation from Internet pseudo-celebrities.

In short, if he wants to look like a sundried turnip by the time he's 32, it's his prerogative.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

Jayjay12 wrote:He should be able to do what he wants with his body. Botox isn't that big of a deal. Nitpick something else.
JuniperJones wrote: In short, if he wants to look like a sundried turnip by the time he's 32, it's his prerogative.
Hmmm... maybe I wasn't clear. I don't care what he does to his body, I care that the demographics of his followers are of groups that are bombarded with unrealistic beauty ideals. Him talking about any kind of invasive cosmetic procedures is another nudge from the media that you aren't good enough as you are, and you need to do something drastic to look a very particular way... This is especially true with young women and gay men.

You're right, it is his body, however, regardless of what we think a lot of impressionable people look up to him. I worry that this is just another message that they need to change/modify their bodies to be accepted.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

botox at our age is just a way to prevent wrinkles when you're older. plenty of people in their 20s have been doing it now, because it prevents those wrinkles to set, which happens when you're in your 30s. and it's something you need to get regularly if you want it to actually work.
i agree that it doesn't send the best of ideas, but joey has never been a good role model in terms of health and beauty.
i don't know about now, but at least a few years ago, he had the shittiest diet, where he basically only ate chicken and rice and had protein shakes. he was constantly getting migraines, have skin break outs, etc., and he was promoting such eating habits.
so it's no different then than it is now. joey has never been a role model, especially when it comes to health connected things. he's going to end up persuading at least a few of his young more impressionable viewers into the same bad habits he has. be it give them the risk of anemia, or make them want botox at 15
The Internet knows all your secrets

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

Not the end of the world if someones gets botox. Ideally we should all be fighting against society's beauty standards yeah, but.. Thats just not realistic. It's not like teens didnt know what botox was before Joey told them. And it's not like they wont get bombarded with similar stuff everywhere they look even if he didnt talk about it.

Anyway. In the latest vlog theres a part on the beach where you cant hear anything because of wind. I cant believe he put that clip in anyway, as it was just him talking to the camera. Like come on, your job is literally making videos. The sound quality often isnt the best in his videos but putting clips in that are that bad is just unprofessional.

Daniel seems to be so in love with Joey. I cant help but find it cute.
- english is not my first language -

Post by Guest »

I guess some of you are right about how impressionable his viewers can be. I tend to forget that most people aren't like us and don't really give a shit about what these "people" do, but their fans latch on to their every word. I still don't believe he has as much influence as claimed, but in the end, like I said, if one's body image issues are that severe, they need professional help and Joey not disclosing his botox regimen isn't going to change anything in their minds. Besides, it's obvious that Joey has his own hangups that he needs to address first.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

he hasn't had influence in years. he's a has been. but that doesn't change the fact that he still has a young impressionable audience, regardless of how small it may be nowadays. so all the shitty things he promotes are gonna be passed onto those kids, and some might not care, but others will actually listen to him and want to do all the shit he does.
when he was still relevant, and i still watched him, prior to coming out, i remember fans would waste hundreds of dollars sending him shit. they'd buy him gaming consoles, food blenders, things for him to make smoothies(he used to be obsessed with making smoothies, you'd see him do them in every vlog at least once). and although i doubt that shit is still happening, he'll still have some power of persuasion over his audience. he might not get them to send him a brand new console, but he might give them the idea that they should follow his health and beauty habits, which are anything but healthy
The Internet knows all your secrets

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

[youtube][/youtube]

Daniel Preda is this week's guest on Hey Qween. The one tidbit I found interesting was that Daniel's mother lives with them! I had no idea. I'll post more if anything comes up.

truecorner

Post by truecorner »

Hiya, started a new thread ^_^

dsamantha
Talker
Talker

Post by dsamantha »