Joey Graceffa

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa

Post by illegal_mind »

illegal_mind wrote:i was a bit emotional during the coming out video. especially in the part where he says his dad didn't really accept him and that the other boys at school would call him names. it must've affected him. growing up, people at school people would do the same to me and it made me scared of coming out. if joey is gay (which the majority of us agree he is), him not being accepted like that when he was younger, by the others boys and by his own dad, probably made him scared of coming out, and even tho he's comfortable acting the way he feels like himself, he's probably scared of what'll be people's reactions when coming out
for some reason i wrote coming out instead of draw my life, i really don't know why. but now it's too late to edit, my bad :s
The Internet knows all your secrets

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by cheekycharles »

Kleineganz wrote:Well I think the video explains why Joey appears so effeminate. It doesn't answer the question of his sexuality, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he just isn't a very effeminate, straight man, or possibly bi. I don't get why people insist that people can only be either gay or straight, when there is an entire spectrum in-between ...
I agree that there is an entire spectrum ( I'm a bisexual male). Joey could be straight, it is just very unlikely. From personal experience I can say that I have never known a guy who acted like Joey and didn't eventually come out. There are are a lot of guys who are gay who don't act gay but there tends to be very few straight guys that look/act/talk in a "gay" manner like Joey. I had good friends growing up who everyone thought were gay but they denied it only to come out in college. Joey could be straight or bi but he is probably just gay.

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

Does anyone else cringe when Joey says "frickin" or "crap"?

He is such a peasant.

nohaynada
Informer
Informer

Post by nohaynada »

His Draw My Life video was pretty much a recap of what he's already told us. His closet status is confusing again, I honestly thought he was going to come out.

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

nohaynada wrote:His Draw My Life video was pretty much a recap of what he's already told us. His closet status is confusing again, I honestly thought he was going to come out.
Well, we did learn that his dyslexia might have been caused by lead poisoning.

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I didn't even know that my and Joey life is so similar. Weird.

I have alcoholics mother too(but Igrow up with my father) and I have little step-brother who have easier autism(he has his own language but everything all is like a normal person, he can do everything just can't talk) and I have dysgraphia/dyslexia and all my friends are male(I'm woman)
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i already knew about the dyslexia being caused by lead poisoning. but i didn't know about the part of him wearing dresses and only having girl friends and the boys making fun of him and about his dad not accepting him for who he was. has he ever mentioned that in the past? because i don't remeber

uhmOMGidk
Learner
Learner

Post by uhmOMGidk »

This is just my opinion, but the part where he said the guys at school would call him gay and say that he's a fag because he was friends with mostly girls was him telling us he's really, truly not gay. Then again, I've never thought he was to begin with. I know some very feminine males who are definitely straight.

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

Joey is more than just feminine. He is the gay stereotype. You would think that if he was straight he would have tried even a little bit to act less gay just to make life easier for him and not confuse people. If he wants to an actor he is going to have to learn how to turn off his camp persona and act like a normal dude.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

cheekycharles wrote:Joey is more than just feminine. He is the gay stereotype. You would think that if he was straight he would have tried even a little bit to act less gay just to make life easier for him and not confuse people. If he wants to an actor he is going to have to learn how to turn off his camp persona and act like a normal dude.
he really is the gay stereotype. which is probably bad for his career, because if he wants to be an actor and he acts so camp, he'll be casted as the stereotypical gay guy and basically labeled as that and it'll make it harder for him to get parts where he isn't the stereotypical gay guy

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

I actually loved this video :oops: What a great way to get to know someone. I can completely relate to one thing; I'm in my first year at state college and feel so lonely like he did & I consider dropping out all the time. It feels like the most depressing time of my life right now when everyone says it should be the best time and they're all having a blast... However, he's so lucky to have turned his life around and I'm happy that he's happy now. I'm also glad he found people who accept him - especially since about half of those people are guys.

One thing I'd like to emphasize is that I really hope that this will stop people from calling him gay or asking if he's gay or telling him to come out the closet. I know there will still always be people who do that, sadly, but hopefully that number goes down now. It isn't our place to assume who he is or tell him who he is. If he says he's straight, then shouldn't that be enough to make people stop? Why does it even matter to you if he's gay, straight, or bisexual? People need to just let it be and move on because it's old, annoying, and rude. I'm sure you wouldn't want to have everyone bombard you with comments saying how you "MUST be gay" & "theres absolutely NO way you're straight."
cheekycharles wrote:Joey is more than just feminine. He is the gay stereotype. You would think that if he was straight he would have tried even a little bit to act less gay just to make life easier for him and not confuse people. If he wants to an actor he is going to have to learn how to turn off his camp persona and act like a normal dude.
So people should change themselves into something they're not in order to feel accepted and be like everyone else? Aren't we supposed to be sending the opposite message out to people?

ggeyeliner
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ggeyeliner »

I'm sorry when little bit offtopic but who was first to make that ''draw my life''? First one what i saw was Sam Peppers...
ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. Sorry for misunderstandings!

People should read everything, not the first 5 words and judge!

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

ggeyeliner wrote:I'm sorry when little bit offtopic but who was first to make that ''draw my life''? First one what i saw was Sam Peppers...
sam pepper was the one that made the first one, then everyone started doing it

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

All these silly people (I'm assuming they're younger than 14) in the comments section of the video are like "see, he's not gay, he just didn't have male friends or a male role model to make him masculine and that's why he acts the way he does!" *shakes head* I still think he's gay. If this is something that has bothered him since his childhood like he said, and it isn't true, I don't understand why he wouldn't just say "I'm straight" and be done with it forever. Also in the video he said that he now has friends who 'accept him for who he is', which is vague as it is, but I'm just going to assume he's referring to his sexuality because what else could he be talking about, really? How many straight guys (IN HIGH SCHOOL!) listen to Aly & AJ and the Jonas Brothers? My guess is that they're far and between.

Underwhelming.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

lol what. they think not having a male role model makes men act feminine? good god :lol:

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

LOL you people legit seem offended that the guy didn't come out, whatever, I thought it was a nice and relatable video.
cheekycharles wrote:Does anyone else cringe when Joey says "frickin" or "crap"?

He is such a peasant.
I'm cringing that you said "peasant" actually...

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

Why are you so constantly nit-picky about his sexuality? And are you serious about him changing who he truly is to make life easier and not confuse people? You just said before that his life is great now, anyways it shouldn't matter what other people think.

And yeah, acting does involve taking on different personas, but that when your actually acting, not just going on with your everyday life.

And act like a "normal dude"? That's so offensive, like wut?

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

noir-beaute wrote:LOL you people legit seem offended that the guy didn't come out, whatever, I thought it was a nice and relatable video.
Not offended, but underwhelmed, like I said. This was supposed to be a 'big deal' video, or so he made it out to be, but all he really did was put everything he already told us in previous videos in chronological order and with drawings. I'm not saying it was a bad video... I actually liked the video and it was touching at some parts... it's just not what I was expecting.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

So basically the video is summing up everything he's already told us? Okkayyy then.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

well, at least i got one thing settled, his eyes are green. sometimes they look blue and i'd doubt myself thinking maybe they were blue, even tho i was 100% sure they're green, and then there'd be people in the comments talking about his blue eyes and i had to resist saying they're not blue but green because half the time they'd look blue. since he drew himself with green eyes, that is now settled. i think that's the only think that came out of that video, closure on what's his eye color. maybe in the future he'll make a video that'll bring closure about his sexuality

Return to “Joey Graceffa”