Joey Graceffa

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joey Graceffa

Post by JDBgirl »

Maybe Joey hooks up with Meghan's brother?

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

JDBgirl wrote:Maybe Joey hooks up with Meghan's brother?
I doubt it but that would be interesting.

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

illegal_mind wrote:yeah, i don't get it, so much hype about it, he hides it as if it were a big secret, but from that bit in the amazing race promo, his body doesn't look that toned
It is weird that he keeps making a big deal about his body but you can't expect a huge transformation in a year. Most people when working out continuously and eating properly only gain about 5-10 pounds of muscle in a year. I suspect that he wasn't that serious about gaining muscle and he had to spend time losing weight as well. You do have to remember for though how bad his body looked before. I think he has made some good progress.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

cheekycharles wrote:
illegal_mind wrote:yeah, i don't get it, so much hype about it, he hides it as if it were a big secret, but from that bit in the amazing race promo, his body doesn't look that toned
It is weird that he keeps making a big deal about his body but you can't expect a huge transformation in a year. Most people when working out continuously and eating properly only gain about 5-10 pounds of muscle in a year. I suspect that he wasn't that serious about gaining muscle and he had to spend time losing weight as well. You do have to remember for though how bad his body looked before. I think he has made some good progress.
yeah, that's true.
and his body didn't look that bad before, he was a skinny guy, that's all, no body definition. now you can see he has some definition on his arms, and in the chest area, it seems a bit more defined too
The Internet knows all your secrets

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

illegal_mind wrote:
cheekycharles wrote:
yeah, that's true.
and his body didn't look that bad before, he was a skinny guy, that's all, no body definition. now you can see he has some definition on his arms, and in the chest area, it seems a bit more defined too
I would say he was skinny fat before he started working out. A similar body to Dan. In another year or two he will be looking really good.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

cheekycharles wrote:
I would say he was skinny fat before he started working out. A similar body to Dan. In another year or two he will be looking really good.
yes, his body used to be what dan's is. well, he'll be getting there if he continues, his personal trainer no longer works at the gym, and he said he's moving far from the gym so he bought some things to work out at home, but without a personal trainer his laziness may get to him and he may slowly stop working out because he has no one to keep him motivated

Barbie™
Learner
Learner

Post by Barbie™ »

cheekycharles wrote:

Not true. If your diet and workout plan is solid then men can expect to gain 2 pounds a month in their first year of training. After their first year is usually when they hit a plateau and are not seeing as big of gains as the prior year and are required to change their workouts and diet. Joey's caloric intake is probably lower than it should be. As when starting out you usually want to go through a bulking phase (high calorie and carb diet) to gain mass. After you're satisfied with the mass you go through a cutting phase (low calories and carbs - high protein) to gain definition. The workout that Joey has shown us are usually cardio, which is perfectly fine to do when you're body building so long as you have a decent carb intake after the work out. Otherwise then energy you've exerted can burn some of the muscle mass.
Team Originals

yellowstripes
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by yellowstripes »

Could someone brief me on what happened between Cat and Whitney?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

yellowstripes wrote:Could someone brief me on what happened between Cat and Whitney?
it's a few pages back, but basically, when it was revealed that the food chain chic-fil-a was supporting anti-gay organizations, people rebelled against that. cat's parents own a few of the chic-fil-a restaurants so cat made a video defending chic-fil-a. other people made similar videos to the one cat made, and whitney made a video making fun of those videos. cat asked whitney on twitter if the video was directed at her and whitney said no. cat was claiming that whitney's video looked like it was mocking hers, and whitney said it wasn't targeted at cat, it was targeted at the people who make videos, like the one cat did, defending chic-fil-a. they had a twitter fight. i can't remember correctly, but i think cat asked whitney to take down the video at the time, but whitney refused. eventualy whitney took down the video, but that didn't change anything, so now they still don't get along and that's why on joey's channel you never see the 2 in the vlog at the same time. i'm guessing joey didn't want to choose sides so he divided his time to be able to hang out with both

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

Omg. I knew Meghan's brother was gay (called it a few pages back). Guess it was no big shocker, though.

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

cheekycharles wrote:Joey also mentioned in his blog that he is going to do a draw my life video and that he was emotional because his story is sad. I think that he makes such a big deal out of his past and it really wasn't that bad. He grew up in a white middle class family from MA. His mom may have been an alcoholic but she never abused him. His life could have been so much worse had been born into a family struggling with true poverty or in an area of the country where he would have been bullied relentlessly for being gay. His life turned out great, I don't feel sorry for him at all.
Wow, this is in such bad taste...

Not only are you being presumptuous, but to be judgemental of someone's childhood is just lame. I don't think you understand how emotionally painful it is to be a child of an alcoholic, and how it might effect them into adulthood. So yeah, I don't think he was overreacting being somewhat emotional about his past nor was he asking for your sympathy.

Also don't pull that whole "people in poverty" act, yeah obviously people are in far worse situations - but does that mean no one is allowed to be upset about anything?

cheekycharles
Informer
Informer

Post by cheekycharles »

noir-beaute wrote:
cheekycharles wrote:Joey also mentioned in his blog that he is going to do a draw my life video and that he was emotional because his story is sad. I think that he makes such a big deal out of his past and it really wasn't that bad. He grew up in a white middle class family from MA. His mom may have been an alcoholic but she never abused him. His life could have been so much worse had been born into a family struggling with true poverty or in an area of the country where he would have been bullied relentlessly for being gay. His life turned out great, I don't feel sorry for him at all.
Wow, this is in such bad taste...

Not only are you being presumptuous, but to be judgemental of someone's childhood is just lame. I don't think you understand how emotionally painful it is to be a child of an alcoholic, and how it might effect them into adulthood. So yeah, I don't think he was overreacting being somewhat emotional about his past nor was he asking for your sympathy.

Also don't pull that whole "people in poverty" act, yeah obviously people are in far worse situations - but does that mean no one is allowed to be upset about anything?
Maybe I am being unreasonably judgmental, I just get annoyed when Joey whines about everything. Maybe his childhood wasn't the best but he is extremely fortunate now. I don't think he realizes how lucky he is.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

^^ I agree, he always has SOMETHING to whine about. His recent vlog he whined about that lady laughing at him for vlogging while walking into the store.. Who the hell wouldn't laugh at seeing some weirdo (we've seen his vlog walk, people), talking to a damn camera? I'd be LOL'ing all over the place.

TheSnarkPalette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheSnarkPalette »

JDBgirl wrote:^^ I agree, he always has SOMETHING to whine about. His recent vlog he whined about that lady laughing at him for vlogging while walking into the store.. Who the hell wouldn't laugh at seeing some weirdo (we've seen his vlog walk, people), talking to a damn camera? I'd be LOL'ing all over the place.

I would LOVE to see someone vlogging IRL. I've always wondered what they look like while doing it.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

And apparently when Joey vlogs he walks funny/stomps. So just imagine him wearing that lame scarf and leather jacket, stomping around talking to a camera. I'm laughing already.

mufflers19
Debater
Debater

Post by mufflers19 »

he is so obnoxious !! and why doesn't he come out already? everybody knows that he is gay

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

mufflers19 wrote:he is so obnoxious !! and why doesn't he come out already? everybody knows that he is gay
Sigh. I wish he would come out just so comments like this would stop coming nearly everyday. It's been brought up 439584024374032 times on here & the old GG :|
Nothing against you, mufflers, it's just that I think a lot of us are sick of seeing the same thing over & over.

molticolori
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by molticolori »

allisoonnn wrote:
mufflers19 wrote:he is so obnoxious !! and why doesn't he come out already? everybody knows that he is gay
Sigh. I wish he would come out just so comments like this would stop coming nearly everyday. It's been brought up 439584024374032 times on here & the old GG :|
Nothing against you, mufflers, it's just that I think a lot of us are sick of seeing the same thing over & over.
Haha, that is so true. But honestly, Joey is so boring this is all we have to talk about. Him eating fro-yo a million times a week isn't too scandalous. :D

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

the thing is, if he comes out, there will be even less activity in this thread, because there'll be almost nothing to talk about

noir-beaute
Debater
Debater

Post by noir-beaute »

Idgi you find him boring, yet still watch his daily vlogs?

Either you're in denial or you want that d.

Return to “Joey Graceffa”