Ghostie_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 62:DanIsNotAYoutuber and AmazingHiatus

Post by Ghostie_ »

Disney_Wolf wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:24 am
Okay then I guess since this is the current discussion I'll say, I actually find Phil more attractive than Dan...both looks and personality wise. Yous are saying Phil's personality (from what we 'know') is bland but honestly, I'll take that blandness over obnoxious screaming and 'we're all dead, lol I'm a fury' any day.
Phil's nose might look a bit broken (pretty sure he has broken it at one point? So makes sense) but I'd much rather adult sized child than adult downer

I agree. I think Phil is more attractive both ways too

I’m quite self deprecating and dry humoured myself and even sometimes I think Dans “quarter life crisis” jokes sometimes drag.
Just your friendly neighbourhood bitch

Smarties
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Smarties »

I don’t think either of them looks like a troll or anything. And there’s more to relationships than looks especially when they both looked pretty different when they met. I find Dan more attractive but I like them both but ever since Phil got his quiff I have a hard time seeing his old hair because it looks so outdated now.

So I guess there will be no solo or joint video content before vidcon. I’m very intrigued what they would follow Dan’s video up with because lbr even tho it was a Dan video Phil is connected to it.

teaforme
Learner
Learner

Post by teaforme »

We all are fighting about which one we find more attractive, and judging by usernames I’m going to assume most of us are girls. After literally decades, centuries, millennials, the entire history of the world where we have been objectified, we shouldn’t do it to them.
Cause it’s still oppression even when roles are changed.
Also, we are all going to end up as wrinkled old hags at best. And a bit senile.
:love2: With Love, Reality :love2:

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

teaforme wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 pm
We all are fighting about which one we find more attractive, and judging by usernames I’m going to assume most of us are girls. After literally decades, centuries, millennials, the entire history of the world where we have been objectified, we shouldn’t do it to them.
Also, we are all going to end up as wrinkled old hags at best. And a bit senile.
Damn what makes you so sure I'm not already an old wrinkled hag that's senile ;D
Honestly though, we really are in desperate need of a video or something to keep the conversation going. I don't know how this looks conversation started but damn (no I'm not saying I'm innocent in this, I know I posted on that topic as well but it's literally the only conversation this page has going right now)

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Disney_Wolf wrote: I don't know how this looks conversation started but damn (no I'm not saying I'm innocent in this, I know I posted on that topic as well but it's literally the only conversation this page has going right now)
Salatblader was wondering if they were the only one surprised that D&P had actually been a legit couple at some point and then Melissah chimed in that her post commenting on their looks had been deleted, to which Saladblader replied that they didn't necessarily what to comment on looks and Melissah then let us know what she thought of their looks and personalities on a 1-10 scale ^^

And then we got into

1) what makes relationships worthwhile and what role looks play
2) what constitutes being out of someone's league
3) who could have said to have been out of whose leagues when
4) the subjective nature of (physical and interpersonal) attraction
5) who we personally find better looking/more attractive

And yes we need a video because I think we've covered every angle on this particular issue ^^

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

urmel wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:51 pm
Disney_Wolf wrote: I don't know how this looks conversation started but damn (no I'm not saying I'm innocent in this, I know I posted on that topic as well but it's literally the only conversation this page has going right now)
Salatblader was wondering if they were the only one surprised that D&P had actually been a legit couple at some point and then Melissah chimed in that her post commenting on their looks had been deleted, to which Saladblader replied that they didn't necessarily what to comment on looks and Melissah then let us know what she thought of their looks and personalities on a 1-10 scale ^^

And then we got into

1) what makes relationships worthwhile and what role looks play
2) what constitutes being out of someone's league
3) who could have said to have been out of whose leagues when
4) the subjective nature of (physical and interpersonal) attraction
5) who we personally find better looking/more attractive

And yes we need a video because I think we've covered every angle on this particular issue ^^

I appreciate the very detailed response. It's something I've noticed you do a lot and it is definitely appreciated, thank you x

drugzz
Debater
Debater

Post by drugzz »

teaforme wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 pm
Eh, I disagree lmao. I say fight objectification with objectification. I want more male strip clubs and and male hooters (tallywackers- isn't that what it's called lol?). As you said, women have had to serve as society's main source of objectification for centuries, but we're in the middle of a female sexual revolution. We can have sex with multiple partners now without as much of a stigma attached, and we have easily accessible birth control (so far- Trumpster will probably try and change that for us Americans), and can treat sex in the same way men have always treated it. I say objectify away, ladies.

My earlier point towards Melisah (I think there name is, or something like that) was that I found the point of who's hotter irrelevant when discussing if Dan and Phil could potentially be together. Arguing back and forth over which one is better looking doesn't serve as evidence if they're actually dating.

That's just my thought on it though. I tend to have more radfem beliefs. I majored in gender and women's studies in college and softer, libfem beliefs never really did it for me. I see where you're coming from though and I respect your opinion

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

Ok let’s change the topic. What kind of content do we want from them? Should Dan “ignore” his video or make more videos about bullying, mental health, sexuality etc.? Or just normal dinof videos with the background that he can talk about his attraction to men while doing Internet Support Group or whatever. Is he keeping the lighting or going back to his new background?

Should Phil continue making videos in his tiny filming prison square about fluffy content? The way I describe it you can guess what side I fall on on that.

noodlebum
Learner
Learner

Post by noodlebum »

Phil needs to escape his tiny prison, for sure. Content wise I'm not sure if he'll change much. I think Dan's will become a bit more advice-based again, and perhaps he'll bring the Void sign in from the DnP pop-up shop. I can't predict what's going to happen regarding the gaming channel or any future joint content, but it would be nice to have something joint every now and again now Dan's back. Fun lighthearted stuff like the viewers choose my outfits or baking. Not sure if their content/on-screen relationship will change much? Hopefully they won't just never be in each others videos anymore though, I miss the bants.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Judging by the description of Dan's last video he said he'd be doing videos more on everything mentioned in his video. I'm assuming that would be referring to bullying, mental health, sexuality etc and not his family and the suicide attempt. Though as much as I hate to admit it, I would really like to hear more about the family thing from one or two of the quotes in his video but I know it'll never happen because he shuts down everything about his family (and it's understandable, it's his private life and they aren't in the *public* like he is) but I'd really be lying if I said I wasn't curious about those quotes he said in the video.

I would like to see the gaming channel come back. I want to see them play actual games, I loved the undertale series and I'm not usually a RPG person. I'd love to see them just play a horror game or just any game all the way through.

Phil's channel, I'd love to see another mukbang video. Just something stripped back, persona free (or at least very little persona), he doesn't have to do it often, just something to have a break from the CBBC host it feels like he is now x

drugzz
Debater
Debater

Post by drugzz »

I just wonder if they're still even living together. I feel like it has been so long since we've seen them together as a pairing. I hope so, but... I'm not sure . Hopefully further videos from them can answer this.

Illogic_ally
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Illogic_ally »

I’ve been binging watching their gaming videos as background noise while studying recently, and I’d really love if they came back to the gaming channel. I feel like I’d be a good way to keep the familiarity of their old content if they do end up changing up their main channel videos. They have such good chemistry together for joint videos, it’d be a shame to get rid of it altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

noodlebum wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 am
Phil needs to escape his tiny prison, for sure. Content wise I'm not sure if he'll change much. I think Dan's will become a bit more advice-based again, and perhaps he'll bring the Void sign in from the DnP pop-up shop. I can't predict what's going to happen regarding the gaming channel or any future joint content, but it would be nice to have something joint every now and again now Dan's back. Fun lighthearted stuff like the viewers choose my outfits or baking. Not sure if their content/on-screen relationship will change much? Hopefully they won't just never be in each others videos anymore though, I miss the bants.
Same! I have been rewatching a ton of stuff they did together like the Mukbang and baking and I miss their chemistry. As the kids say: it hits different.

It would be a bad move to never be in vids together now. It’s a big part of the brand and the appeal.

doesanyonereadthese
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by doesanyonereadthese »

Did you all see both D&P followed Tomska on twitter?
I thought they were all friends anyway and would have already been following him?

noodlebum
Learner
Learner

Post by noodlebum »

doesanyonereadthese wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 am
I thought they were all friends anyway and would have already been following him?
Did they only do that recently? How did you see that?
I thought whoever they started following most recently shows in the first line if you go onto the followers page, and Tomska is a lot further down (e.g. Dan started following Tomska before Louise, Jenna Marbles and Cat).

The only people Dan's still following from before he followed Phil is Britney Spears and cutewithchris (whoever that is, with one tweet :? ), Phil has quite a few he's still following pre-Dan though.

bluerocket1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluerocket1 »

drugzz wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:36 pm
I just wonder if they're still even living together. I feel like it has been so long since we've seen them together as a pairing. I hope so, but... I'm not sure . Hopefully further videos from them can answer this.
They’ve both posted stories from their apartment recently and Phil has referred to it as “our apartment block” in a recent tweet so I’m pretty sure they are still living together. Phil also had a members post where he said dan and him were spending time playing the new Zelda game together and that they were going on a road trip after vidcon to Nevada so take from that what you will.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

So Dan got blocked from his Twitter for a week? Is that what happens when he'd actually somewhat active x

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Huh, just tried quoting a post that said something about Phil announcing in a members only post that he and Dan were going on a road trip post-Vidcon, but it's gone now.

Wanted to ask if any members felt comfortable leaking those members only posts when they're posted or if they get posted on Tumblr anyway, if anyone could point me towards a blog that has them.

hagino
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hagino »

doesanyonereadthese wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 am
I'm pretty sure I've seen them add Tomska BEFORE, but I could be wrong *shrugs*

@Urmel: Can't help, unfortunately, but hopefully someone else can.

Btw. I'm new. I only started watching youtubers in November (?) 2018, so I don't know that many youtubers yet. Pls be patient with me. I'm really curious what they'll post about VidCon. I hope they are going to post new, fresh content. And especially start making videos together again. I also thought their banters were funny.

bluerocket1
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluerocket1 »

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”