Re: Dan & Phil Part 62:DanIsNotAYoutuber and AmazingHiatus

Post by okay-sis » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:34 am

The title :rofl:

larrie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by larrie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 am

I remember in old liveshows (2012-2013) dan used to always talk about how he had SO many video ideas, he didn't even know where to start. He had a whole list of stuff. Where the fuck did that go?

junejulyaugust
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0

Post by junejulyaugust » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:53 am

larrie wrote:I remember in old liveshows (2012-2013) dan used to always talk about how he had SO many video ideas, he didn't even know where to start. He had a whole list of stuff. Where the fuck did that go?
um, hi. im not sure but i guess that some/many of those ideas didnt fit his vision for the channel. back in 2012-2013 he still did the sexy end screen dance + the space background thing w/ drawings. he also promised back then to "upload regularly"... something that he doesnt even bother lying about now. maybe those ideas didnt fit him anymore.

in tabinof too, he has a list of ideas but i think not all of them makes the cut.

also, dan acknowledges that he's a huge procrastinator, even in his rewatching old videos vid, which is in 2015

cloudcastles
Learner
Learner

Post by cloudcastles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:08 am

The 'is Phan real?' question comes up whenever there's a lull in their content. I'm not complaining, because I find it interesting to hear other (sane, non-phangirly) people's perspectives, but it does say something about their content that this is what we always circle back to.

Personally, I find it hard not to see them as a couple. I've definitely had sceptical moments (mostly bc of the shitload of fake 'proof' and the level of reaching some Phannies go to) and do go back and forwards sometimes, but I just can't bring myself to ignore that:
- They've lived together for god knows how many years, and never seemed interested in living alone or with a partner/family. How typical is it for 30 year old men who are as financially stable as they are to still live with the same platonic roommate for this long?
- Neither of them have ever legitimately been caught on a date with anybody else, or making out with a rando at a club, etc. (to my knowledge anyway)
- Neither of them have ever mentioned any exes apart from pre-Youtube, and they don't ever talk about their dating lives either (i don't expect them to go into detail, but there's been no casual mention of seeing people, going on dates, having any kind of relationship or anything like that, in 10 years on YT? Granted, tho, maybe that's bc of the way the Phandom is)
- I just find it difficult to believe that either a) neither of them has dated or had any kind of relationship in the past 10 years, or b) every relationship has been so carefully guarded and everyone they've come into contact with romantically/sexually has signed an NDA and kept their mouths shut?
I know we've talked about this a million times before, but I'm bored and I wanted to share my thoughts on some of these points, speaking as someone who doesn't particularly think they are together.

Re living together for so long: I don't see anything especially weird about that. London is extremely expensive (I know they could afford it but it seems like a waste of money when you could be halving your expenses), living alone can be boring and lonely, and if you've got a bestie you enjoy living with why would you need to move on just because you get to a certain age? Not to mention that not having settled down with a partner by your late 20s/early 30s is nothing unusual these days.

Re not dating anyone else: This is the argument that most makes me question my "antiphan" (for want of a better word) state - but I also think it works both ways. They've never been seen on a date/kissing anyone else, but they've also never been seen doing anything explicitly romantic with each other either (as you mentioned).

The other thing is that you have to make a lot of assumptions here. You have to assume that they have wanted partners this whole time (not everyone wants to be in a relationship all the time), that they've had the time to actively look for and maintain relationships (we can strike off about two years for the time they spent touring TATINOF and II, plus all the travelling for conventions etc must make it harder), and of course you have to assume that we see everything that goes on in their lives. Which we don't. I know that they've been stalked pretty heavily, but again it comes back to the fact that phan has never been "proven" this whole time, so another relationship could have been hidden as well.

urmel
Debater
Debater

Post by urmel » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:46 am

larrie wrote:he didn't even know where to start.
There's your answer. One manifestation of perfectionism is procrastination, not even attempting a thing because you dread the moment that it doesn't turn out perfect, like you envisioned it.
People like to say Dan's videos are meh either way, he's not going for an Academy Award, so why the fuck is he being like this, but it's not really an active process of reason, it's a subjective rut. That's my interpretation, anyway.

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

aryasfavoriteword
Debater
Debater

Post by aryasfavoriteword » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:08 am

So, if they ever come back (doubtful seeing as their audience seems to be fine with the IG stories they are posting - yeah Dan, that totally makes you a respectable entertainer :roll: ) thoughts on whether or not Phil will try to bring AmazingPhil back as his solo channel or if he’ll fall back into it basically being additional Dan content?

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by aaa123 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:24 am

illegal_mind wrote:carry on
previous thread viewtopic.php?f=183&t=33617
(sorry I had to quote someone otherwise GG refuses to let me join a new thread?) amazing thread name!

they really need to just either put out regular content again or finally admit that they’re done with youtube and stop trying to get money from their fans. and if dan is so desperate to not be viewed as a youtuber, then maybe he should, I don’t know, actually get a fucking job in entertainment?

xoxo_24689
Debater
Debater

Post by xoxo_24689 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:29 am

aryasfavoriteword wrote:So, if they ever come back (doubtful seeing as their audience seems to be fine with the IG stories they are posting - yeah Dan, that totally makes you a respectable entertainer :roll: ) thoughts on whether or not Phil will try to bring AmazingPhil back as his solo channel or if he’ll fall back into it basically being additional Dan content?
Has Phil said he's going on hiatus too, or is it just the gaming channel? My guess would be that he'll just continue the current routine of phanservice videos mixed with the occasional solo storytime-type video. Dan appearing in a Phil video every now and again seems to distract the phandom from the lack of his own content.
i talk too much, sry

paper-roses
Learner
Learner

Post by paper-roses » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:21 am

If they were to "rebrand" or make a proper comeback, what would you guys want to see from both of them? Personally I always liked Dan's storytelling videos, and I'd like to see Internet Support Group make a comeback. Phil's videos have always felt like whatever was on his mind at the moment so I have nothing specific in mind for him.

paper-roses
Learner
Learner

Post by paper-roses » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:30 am

cloudcastles wrote:
The 'is Phan real?' question comes up whenever there's a lull in their content. I'm not complaining, because I find it interesting to hear other (sane, non-phangirly) people's perspectives, but it does say something about their content that this is what we always circle back to.

Personally, I find it hard not to see them as a couple. I've definitely had sceptical moments (mostly bc of the shitload of fake 'proof' and the level of reaching some Phannies go to) and do go back and forwards sometimes, but I just can't bring myself to ignore that:
- They've lived together for god knows how many years, and never seemed interested in living alone or with a partner/family. How typical is it for 30 year old men who are as financially stable as they are to still live with the same platonic roommate for this long?
- Neither of them have ever legitimately been caught on a date with anybody else, or making out with a rando at a club, etc. (to my knowledge anyway)
- Neither of them have ever mentioned any exes apart from pre-Youtube, and they don't ever talk about their dating lives either (i don't expect them to go into detail, but there's been no casual mention of seeing people, going on dates, having any kind of relationship or anything like that, in 10 years on YT? Granted, tho, maybe that's bc of the way the Phandom is)
- I just find it difficult to believe that either a) neither of them has dated or had any kind of relationship in the past 10 years, or b) every relationship has been so carefully guarded and everyone they've come into contact with romantically/sexually has signed an NDA and kept their mouths shut?
I know we've talked about this a million times before, but I'm bored and I wanted to share my thoughts on some of these points, speaking as someone who doesn't particularly think they are together.

Re living together for so long: I don't see anything especially weird about that. London is extremely expensive (I know they could afford it but it seems like a waste of money when you could be halving your expenses), living alone can be boring and lonely, and if you've got a bestie you enjoy living with why would you need to move on just because you get to a certain age? Not to mention that not having settled down with a partner by your late 20s/early 30s is nothing unusual these days.

Re not dating anyone else: This is the argument that most makes me question my "antiphan" (for want of a better word) state - but I also think it works both ways. They've never been seen on a date/kissing anyone else, but they've also never been seen doing anything explicitly romantic with each other either (as you mentioned).

The other thing is that you have to make a lot of assumptions here. You have to assume that they have wanted partners this whole time (not everyone wants to be in a relationship all the time), that they've had the time to actively look for and maintain relationships (we can strike off about two years for the time they spent touring TATINOF and II, plus all the travelling for conventions etc must make it harder), and of course you have to assume that we see everything that goes on in their lives. Which we don't. I know that they've been stalked pretty heavily, but again it comes back to the fact that phan has never been "proven" this whole time, so another relationship could have been hidden as well.
I agree that living together for this long =/= Phan is real. I know if my best friend was willing to live with me for 10 years I'd be fine with that. I also think they're both introverted people who can have trouble socializing so maybe dating isn't a priority for them. However, I do think there is a good amount of evidence that they were together in the past, even if they aren't now.

taco baco
Talker
Talker

Post by taco baco » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:37 am

I'm on the same boat as paper-roses, I think you could make a good argument that they used to be together, but now there's really no evidence to say if it's one way or another. I think it's absurd to hide a relationship for this long, because I'm not sure if there'd be any real repercussions for revealing it? Then again, they did say in that one interview that relationships were one thing they'd keep to themselves. The only reason I want it to be real at this point is for the drama. But, realistically, I don't know. If you're a phannie or an anti, none of us know anything.

teaforme
Learner
Learner

Post by teaforme » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 pm

I honestly think that their audience is growing up. The reason they stay alive is because new teenage girls find their channel and become obsessed. But the numbers of those people are dying down and they aren’t doing jack to fix it.
:love2: With Love, Reality :love2:

Snowknight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Snowknight » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:12 pm

I wish Phil would stop dying his hair he looks like when Creed on the office used printer ink on his hair. https://goo.gl/images/FJQzLu

YellowLadybird
Debater
Debater

Post by YellowLadybird » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Snowknight wrote:I wish Phil would stop dying his hair he looks like when Creed on the office used printer ink on his hair. https://goo.gl/images/FJQzLu
I like the dark hair better than his natural gingery shade but DEAR GOD those eyebrows. Please dye them as well, Phil, it's not hard!

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:45 pm

His eyebrows don't actually look bad to me tbh. Maybe it's cause mines are MUCH worse in the sense I have dark brown hair bit basically blonde eyebrows :rofl:

aryasfavoriteword
Debater
Debater

Post by aryasfavoriteword » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:10 pm

teaforme wrote:I honestly think that their audience is growing up. The reason they stay alive is because new teenage girls find their channel and become obsessed. But the numbers of those people are dying down and they aren’t doing jack to fix it.
This is so true. I often wonder if they are done, but just don’t want to call it. I also wonder if Dan is done, but feels guilty because Phil would have a really hard time surviving on YouTube without him. Then again, Dan does loves the attention. I guess this will be the year to see though. Now they don’t have the tour and even the tumblr phannies want them to update their content. I just wonder, if they don’t update their content, how much longer can they really go with the shipping thing? I mean, the phan proof is from 2009 and the phanti proof is from 2012. At this point how many people are just interpreting interpretations of interpretations? And how much longer can Dan keep it up with all the suggestive phan-service before it blows up in his face? I guess it’s still keeping me interested or I wouldn’t be here, but surely they will have to come out with some kind of content or quit and do something else. It seems to me like this is the year, especially since, unless you went to the tour, you got next to nothing last year.

Apple In My Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Apple In My Pie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

I don’t think phil’s brows look that bad although you can definitely see a gingery tinge. Then again like a PP, I’m so used to looking at my own shitty brows maybe I’m immune to others’ shitty brows :D

aryasfavoriteword
Debater
Debater

Post by aryasfavoriteword » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:14 pm

taco baco wrote:I'm on the same boat as paper-roses, I think you could make a good argument that they used to be together, but now there's really no evidence to say if it's one way or another. I think it's absurd to hide a relationship for this long, because I'm not sure if there'd be any real repercussions for revealing it? Then again, they did say in that one interview that relationships were one thing they'd keep to themselves. The only reason I want it to be real at this point is for the drama. But, realistically, I don't know. If you're a phannie or an anti, none of us know anything.
You are so much nicer than me - I want it to NOT be real for the drama. :jerry:

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 pm

aryasfavoriteword wrote:
taco baco wrote:I'm on the same boat as paper-roses, I think you could make a good argument that they used to be together, but now there's really no evidence to say if it's one way or another. I think it's absurd to hide a relationship for this long, because I'm not sure if there'd be any real repercussions for revealing it? Then again, they did say in that one interview that relationships were one thing they'd keep to themselves. The only reason I want it to be real at this point is for the drama. But, realistically, I don't know. If you're a phannie or an anti, none of us know anything.
You are so much nicer than me - I want it to NOT be real for the drama. :jerry:
Same though x

Apple In My Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Apple In My Pie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:29 pm

Double post but also I really cannot see where they can take their content this year phan wise. I’m not the kind of person to wait for ‘phan to be real’/‘omg can they come out’ or anything but equally I can’t see them keeping up the phanservice. I said this way back when I first joined these threads I think but I do think D&P (mostly Dan) noticed how much they reel in from phan baiting and decided to prey on that a little (hence the ‘giving the people what they want’ slogan from II) BUT I get the impression that Dan is very, very resentful of phan baiting - not that he feels he shouldn’t bait, but I think he hates that he has to because he sees himself and his content as ‘above’ that. I do like the change in content that we have been given last year (the Mukbangs stick out to me) and I’d love to see more of those as not only do I feel they fit the 2018 and beyond brand of D&P and come across as more mature than “omG lol llama placenta rawr” but they bring a sort of... frankness, a refresh to the Phandom, a glimpse of the pair of them being a tiny bit more... transparent, which I think is needed.

So personally, I’d like there to be a change in content like the Mukbangs. I also believe D&P are a couple and while I respect that they shouldn’t have to splash their private life all over YouTube, I get the impression (when they are being more open like in the mukbang video, not blatantly baiting) that in 2019 they are either going to make it obvious that they are dating or are simply going to drop YouTube entirely — although, I’m heavily leaning toward the latter because the former sounds like fanfiction fodder and I can understand why people would disagree :D

aryasfavoriteword
Debater
Debater

Post by aryasfavoriteword » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:54 pm

Apple In My Pie wrote:Double post but also I really cannot see where they can take their content this year phan wise. I’m not the kind of person to wait for ‘phan to be real’/‘omg can they come out’ or anything but equally I can’t see them keeping up the phanservice. I said this way back when I first joined these threads I think but I do think D&P (mostly Dan) noticed how much they reel in from phan baiting and decided to prey on that a little (hence the ‘giving the people what they want’ slogan from II) BUT I get the impression that Dan is very, very resentful of phan baiting - not that he feels he shouldn’t bait, but I think he hates that he has to because he sees himself and his content as ‘above’ that. I do like the change in content that we have been given last year (the Mukbangs stick out to me) and I’d love to see more of those as not only do I feel they fit the 2018 and beyond brand of D&P and come across as more mature than “omG lol llama placenta rawr” but they bring a sort of... frankness, a refresh to the Phandom, a glimpse of the pair of them being a tiny bit more... transparent, which I think is needed.

So personally, I’d like there to be a change in content like the Mukbangs. I also believe D&P are a couple and while I respect that they shouldn’t have to splash their private life all over YouTube, I get the impression (when they are being more open like in the mukbang video, not blatantly baiting) that in 2019 they are either going to make it obvious that they are dating or are simply going to drop YouTube entirely — although, I’m heavily leaning toward the latter because the former sounds like fanfiction fodder and I can understand why people would disagree :D
I would love to know what percentage of their viewers (for each channel) are shippers as opposed to casual viewers of fans of them as individuals. I’m probably in the minority but I strongly prefer the solo content on their main channels. I liked the joint content on the gaming channel, but I personally would probably stop watching altogether if it turned out that the change in content was more joint content or, if phan turned out to be real, couple things. Again, I think I’m probably in the minority although maybe not for Dan’s channel since he still gets more views. I also still maintain that they are way less open about their personal lives than they ever were pre-2014 though, so I’m probably an outlier haha.

Edit: I get what you are saying about the Mukbang being less persona-heavy though. I am also not a fan of the persona-heavy content.

Also, according to my 11 year old nephew llamas are back in so go figure.

teaforme
Learner
Learner

Post by teaforme » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Apple In My Pie wrote:Double post but also I really cannot see where they can take their content this year phan wise. I’m not the kind of person to wait for ‘phan to be real’/‘omg can they come out’ or anything but equally I can’t see them keeping up the phanservice. I said this way back when I first joined these threads I think but I do think D&P (mostly Dan) noticed how much they reel in from phan baiting and decided to prey on that a little (hence the ‘giving the people what they want’ slogan from II) BUT I get the impression that Dan is very, very resentful of phan baiting - not that he feels he shouldn’t bait, but I think he hates that he has to because he sees himself and his content as ‘above’ that. I do like the change in content that we have been given last year (the Mukbangs stick out to me) and I’d love to see more of those as not only do I feel they fit the 2018 and beyond brand of D&P and come across as more mature than “omG lol llama placenta rawr” but they bring a sort of... frankness, a refresh to the Phandom, a glimpse of the pair of them being a tiny bit more... transparent, which I think is needed.

The thing is, it’s getting to the point where Im just waiting for a confirmation of yay or nay. (Which I know they have given us but let’s be real, those were kind of weak if you may.)
Phil seems like the type to, if he’s straight, find a wife and settle down. Now this may or may not be true, but I’m just getting that vibe. And for him to not have a wife at 30 or even a girlfriend I’m here like “Huh. Something off.”
Like there is no way those boys stayed celibate for a freaking decade. Especially in their twenties.
They built their platform on sharing their lives and suddenly they aren’t. We aren’t asking for 24/7 vlogs but for some insight to have us relate to them again.
:love2: With Love, Reality :love2:

Apple In My Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Apple In My Pie » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:08 pm

I would love to know what percentage of their viewers (for each channel) are shippers as opposed to casual viewers of fans of them as individuals. I’m probably in the minority but I strongly prefer the solo content on their main channels. I liked the joint content on the gaming channel, but I personally would probably stop watching altogether if it turned out that the change in content was more joint content or, if phan turned out to be real, couple things. Again, I think I’m probably in the minority although maybe not for Dan’s channel since he still gets more views. I also still maintain that they are way less open about their personal lives than they ever were pre-2014 though, so I’m probably an outlier haha.

Edit: I get what you are saying about the Mukbang being less persona-heavy though. I am also not a fan of the persona-heavy content.

Also, according to my 11 year old nephew llamas are back in so go figure.[/quote]

Oh yes, God yes, I wouldn’t want constant couple related stuff if phan did come out as real— although I don’t think d&p are the type to do that. I don’t know why - perhaps the way YouTube has changed? But couple videos seem almost clickbait-y/gimmicky in nature nowadays and I do thank my lucky stars that d&p aren’t bait-y in that sense. Just a general... non-persona openness is good for me. :tu:

Llamas again? Let me guess, fortnite? :D

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”