Dan & Phil Part 61:Danneedsreassurance & AmazingPigeonfest

albystrom
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 61:Danneedsreassurance & AmazingPigeonfe

Post by albystrom »

I didn't even bother watching the live show but I guess it's up to the venue :D :D
Sorry, English is my first language.

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

Disney_Wolf wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

Rise of the angry phans x
I can see both sides to this. But I don't think it's fair to bash D&P for it. It was probably not in their control, they had some management company running it, etc. I'm sure they'll forgive and forget soon enough.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i understand that it wasn't in their hands, but a lot of fans don't. a lot of fans probably think dan and phil are organizing the whole thing by themselves, and since they're the faces of the show, they're the ones the fans blame for any disappointment.
i get the annoyance of the fans. if i was promised something and someone had hyped me up and kept my hopes up for it, and then i didn't get what i was promised, i'd be pretty fucking pissed too.

were brazil and mexico set in stone dates or to be determined?
i'm assuming tbd. which means they were stupid about it. simply advertise the ones that are secured and put "more locations to come soon" and if fans asked about their country, just say "we're trying to secure more venues in different countries, we'll let everyone know when we get them". that way, the fans from those places wouldn't get all hyped up and then disappointed and pissed when dan and phil announce there won't be a show in their country.
now they gotta deal with a bunch of displeased fans, all because their team couldn't think ahead
The Internet knows all your secrets

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

illegal_mind wrote:i understand that it wasn't in their hands, but a lot of fans don't. a lot of fans probably think dan and phil are organizing the whole thing by themselves, and since they're the faces of the show, they're the ones the fans blame for any disappointment.
i get the annoyance of the fans. if i was promised something and someone had hyped me up and kept my hopes up for it, and then i didn't get what i was promised, i'd be pretty fucking pissed too.

were brazil and mexico set in stone dates or to be determined?
i'm assuming tbd. which means they were stupid about it. simply advertise the ones that are secured and put "more locations to come soon" and if fans asked about their country, just say "we're trying to secure more venues in different countries, we'll let everyone know when we get them". that way, the fans from those places wouldn't get all hyped up and then disappointed and pissed when dan and phil announce there won't be a show in their country.
now they gotta deal with a bunch of displeased fans, all because their team couldn't think ahead
They mentioned briefly in the live show that for Mexico they DID have a venue which is why they announced it the venue said they'd have them they were just waiting on them to give an actual date as to when they could do the show which is why it was there but as a tbc because the only thing they needed to confirm was a date. But the venue then turned around last minute and dropped them which DnP said they were unaware venue's could do, they thought the contract thing solidified everything when it didn't x

Stakhanov
Learner
Learner

Post by Stakhanov »

Did they just do.. two liveshows in a week ? What's happening? I like it. Now they just need to do their separate liveshows and everything is fine and back to the ls situation before the tour.

My thoughts on the livershow and tbc dates
I found it a short but interesting liveshow. My heart goes out to anyone in Mexico and Brazil (because it's not sure they are getting a venue there either for now...) and all places in the world where Dan and Phil didn't go (like my own country).
I do think they tried, but I understand that can't take away the disappointment of waiting for so long and hoping it will be confirmed.

That said I find some of the reactions on twitter very rude and childish. "To be confirmed" by definition means that the show situation was uncertain. People who say "you shouldn't have said anything if you weren't certain" just come across as ignorant to me. You never know these things for certain. That's not how the business works and you shouldn't blame them for your disappointment.

It annoys me a lot when people take their own expectations as a norm Dan and Phil should have met. This reminds me of the video where Dan said he liked food, sex and things going in and out of his mouth and expected a coming out. Then he showed the original video and people just don't want to accept it or get mad at him for breaking the bubble of what they had decided he wanted to say. I think whenever part of the audience acts unreasonable and angry, you can bet they will share less and retreat into safe topics. So imo these rude fans (and ofc Dan and Phil themselves) make us lose out on a more personal and honest Dan and Phil.

Another somewhat awkward part of the liveshow: Phil called us twats ! I wonder if that means for some people Dan and Phil are now 'objectively' sexist since they have used 'objectively' sexist words in their show? There's some fans who are ready to get out the pitchfork whenever they think Dan and Phil do something that clashes with their political beliefs (i really dislike the 'woke' twitter culture, I think it really hurts the progressive cause of equality and feminism which I support)
Or maybe here context does count, while it didn't for some when fans came with a communist flag and they took a pic...?
The indefensible inconsistencies of the easily offended ;)
What made it awkward for me is that you could notice they both tried to 'recover' from it, with Phil saying 'idk what i'm doing' and Dan trying to move on... It was a bit painful, they are obviously aware that some people will be quick to judge them for saying anything that's not sugary sweet or an emoticon.

Pinof in December? Does anyone here feel strongly about when exactly it gets released? Personally I don't really care as long as it doesn't mean the same content spread over a longer period of time. But my impression is that some view it as a tradition it's released in November?
You want the greatest thing
The greatest thing since bread came sliced
You've got it all, you've got it sized
Like a Friday fashion show teenager
Freezing in the corner
Trying to look like you don't try

(R.E.M. - Imitation of Life)

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

This 100x it's okay and understandable being upset and angry but things like these are out of their hands. To both D+P it was set all they needed was the final detail of which date they could make it. Like they said they had basically everything ready and then on the day they were supposed to announce it they got the oops there's a problem, delay and then the oh it's not happening anymore.
I'm not saying D+P can do no wrong because we are all aware that ain't true unlike some of the phandom believe but this one was genuinely not their fault.

And in all honesty I'd be surprised if the phandom don't come at them for being 'sexist' with the twat comment (even if I did find it funny) because the phandom have this really warped image of D+P that they have to uphold or else hell breaks loose. Phil has to be the quirky, innocent, stupid (even though he ain't stupid) one, and they have to be these fetishized gay characters because God forbid if they do anything that leads people to thinking Phan ain't real the phandom lose their mind. They walk this rope on what they can/what they can't say. The phans are split into two groups one that will hold them accountable for anything and everything and be quick to crucify them if they even step a toe out of their fantasy (didn't Dan say in his most recent meme video something very similar how some people just want him to be this cute, brown haired boy with no personality etc) and the others that would literally baby and defend D+P even if they murdered someone and attack anyone who says anything against their precious babies.

As for pinof I couldn't care less. A part of me is hoping this will be the last because their getting older and I don't imagine they want to continue drawing cat whiskers on their faces and try to act hyper in their 30's like they did in their late teens x

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Disney_Wolf wrote:
As for pinof I couldn't care less. A part of me is hoping this will be the last because their getting older and I don't imagine they want to continue drawing cat whiskers on their faces and try to act hyper in their 30's like they did in their late teens x
I think them moving it to December is part of trying to phase it out. I think the format has run its course because

A) they're getting too old/mature for it
B) it's not a rare occasion that we get shared videos anymore, they don't need a special joint format these days

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

Bookworman355
Learner
Learner

Post by Bookworman355 »

urmel wrote:
Disney_Wolf wrote:
I think them moving it to December is part of trying to phase it out. I think the format has run its course because

B) it's not a rare occasion that we get shared videos anymore, they don't need a special joint format these days

New Poster here!
I really wonder what would happen if they did ever stop doing PINOF.
Obviously the Phan girls would freak out (cause when do they not), but I wonder how much of big deal it would actually be. It’s very obvious that their fans have decreased in the past few years after their peak in 2014-2016, but they still do have a fairly big following.

I think it’s this big question of, what will they do next?, that always comes up when we talk about Dan and Phil because while they have changed slightly, and “rebranded” :roll: over the years, they still are very much in their past style. With the books and tours seemingly over at last, it seems weird that they are still clinging to this old type of video that really have run it’s course.
I don’t know, but I am kinda wondering when PINOF, the tours, and the books are all over, what will they do? It seems weird for them to just go back to YouTube and make the same content that they did after accomplishing these big things.

It feel like they delayed maturing into and changing their content for so long that now that they are and should, it feels too late or weird. I liked PINOF in the start, but at this point it just feels old and kinda weird. I hope they get rid of it but I know that the impending fear of how the phan girls will react might stop them from doing so.
there is definitely a typo in this post

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

Bookworman355 wrote:
urmel wrote:
Disney_Wolf wrote:

New Poster here!
I really wonder what would happen if they did ever stop doing PINOF.
Obviously the Phan girls would freak out (cause when do they not), but I wonder how much of big deal it would actually be. It’s very obvious that their fans have decreased in the past few years after their peak in 2014-2016, but they still do have a fairly big following.

I think it’s this big question of, what will they do next?, that always comes up when we talk about Dan and Phil because while they have changed slightly, and “rebranded” :roll: over the years, they still are very much in their past style. With the books and tours seemingly over at last, it seems weird that they are still clinging to this old type of video that really have run it’s course.
I don’t know, but I am kinda wondering when PINOF, the tours, and the books are all over, what will they do? It seems weird for them to just go back to YouTube and make the same content that they did after accomplishing these big things.

It feel like they delayed maturing into and changing their content for so long that now that they are and should, it feels too late or weird. I liked PINOF in the start, but at this point it just feels old and kinda weird. I hope they get rid of it but I know that the impending fear of how the phan girls will react might stop them from doing so.
The cynical bitch in me can't help but feel that they won't change anything because what they're doing now is bringing in the money and it's keeping them comfortable (for now). The Phandom are so involved in everything they do together that if they dared try to do something on their own, everyone would lose their minds and badger them about the other person. The only thing they've been able to get away with so far is making their own merch, but that's only because it's an extension of their personality (Dan's being anti-social) and, in Phil's case, a "nostalgia" cash grab (RE the lion plush).

I will be genuinely surprised if this is the last PINOF. Especially considering the amount of Phan girls who, in their 20s and 30s, draw cat whiskers on their face and make reaction videos to it.

It's just a shame because surely they know they can do better then this, just kinda feels like they can't be arsed.

Apple In My Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Apple In My Pie »

I admit, as a phandom member, I like the sense of community that develops when PINOF is imminent. For me PINOF isn’t about ‘omg phan lol’
It just gives me a sense of... coziness, that for one night the fandom in fighting can be forgotten or whatever as everyone seems to get involved - but all the same I’d be very glad if they make this the last PINOF. They’ve grown up, their content has changed, and it’d be nice to round it off this year. Plus, I really don’t think their hearts are in it anymore - and who can blame them for that. But you’d be surprised at how many people seem to get tetchy about it! I’ve had messages on twitter telling me not to speculate that PINOF is ending this year because it makes people anxious :?

That said, if they do end PINOF, I’d like a new tradition to fit its place. Something that suits Dan and Phil in 2018, something that isn’t bound to a November/December release every year - perhaps the mukbangs... just a little ‘phandom roundup’ and chat about what’s going on in the phandom/in D&Ps lives.

Bookworman355
Learner
Learner

Post by Bookworman355 »

okay-sis wrote: The cynical bitch in me can't help but feel that they won't change anything because what they're doing now is bringing in the money and it's keeping them comfortable (for now). The Phandom are so involved in everything they do together that if they dared try to do something on their own, everyone would lose their minds and badger them about the other person. The only thing they've been able to get away with so far is making their own merch, but that's only because it's an extension of their personality (Dan's being anti-social) and, in Phil's case, a "nostalgia" cash grab (RE the lion plush).

I will be genuinely surprised if this is the last PINOF. Especially considering the amount of Phan girls who, in their 20s and 30s, draw cat whiskers on their face and make reaction videos to it.

It's just a shame because surely they know they can do better then this, just kinda feels like they can't be arsed.
Honestly, despite my somewhat wanting them it end, I don’t genuinely think they will be ending PINOF anytime soon. I like Dan and Phil together, there was a reason I was a fan, but at this point they aren’t at all separate people. While money may not be their main motivation, I think it’s a big part. Changing their content with definitely lose them a lot of fans, and why change your content when you can still make money of it? I wish they would change it up but as long as a few people like it and it still makes money, it’ll never change.
there is definitely a typo in this post

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

What's with the light hairs? Is it his natural hair colour or actual grey hair peeking though? It also kind of looks like pomade or something apart from the one at the front. It's the first time I'm noticing (screenshots from the latest gaming video).
Screenshot 2018-11-15 at 00.45.07.png
Screenshot 2018-11-15 at 00.45.30.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Didn't Phil always say he's had grey patches of hair since he was 18 or something? Idk. To me it looks mostly just like weird lighting but I'm sure he's mentioned having grey hair from a young age that he dyes over x

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

Disney_Wolf wrote:Didn't Phil always say he's had grey patches of hair since he was 18 or something? Idk. To me it looks mostly just like weird lighting but I'm sure he's mentioned having grey hair from a young age that he dyes over x
Oh thanks! That rings a bell but it's the first time I'm seeing it so prominently.

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

I wonder if phil would ever go back to his natural hair colour

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

[tweet][/tweet]

Eyy we got a not positive opinion. I'm happy :') especially since it's politics related x

cheeringphil
Informer
Informer

Post by cheeringphil »

after watching phil's new video, i never knew i miss his videos so much! especially this kinda video. and i'm glad he's okay now :love2:
su'udzon at its finest

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

Oh God, here come the Facebook doctors...

[tweet][/tweet]

Deku
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Deku »

okay-sis wrote:Oh God, here come the Facebook doctors...

[tweet][/tweet]
Well getting a second opinion isn't a bad a idea to confirm, but people shouldn't diagnose someone with anything if they don't have a medical degree or their medical record.

Enviado desde mi Turbo C5 mediante Tapatalk

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Deku wrote:
okay-sis wrote:Oh God, here come the Facebook doctors...

[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet]
Well" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>rosemarydjh</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>1063313326254510080</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span><span>][/</span><span>quote</span><span>]</span><span>Well</span></a> getting a second opinion isn't a bad a idea to confirm, but people shouldn't diagnose someone with anything if they don't have a medical degree or their medical record.

Enviado desde mi Turbo C5 mediante Tapatalk
Pfft what? 13 year olds totally have a degree what do you mean? Theyre clearly experts in the matter or they wouldn't be shoving their foot in ;D x

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”