saving to keep up with the thread

oddoneout
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 61:Danneedsreassurance & AmazingPigeonfe

Post by oddoneout »

So Dan posted pics of his allergic reaction on Twitter; maybe the deletion of old videos will be the start of a new era of oversharing? Rawr.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Danneedsreasurruance accurate x
Last edited by Disney_Wolf on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

oddoneout wrote:So Dan posted pics of his allergic reaction on Twitter; maybe the deletion of old videos will be the start of a new era of oversharing? Rawr.
Oversharing would give us some great material from fan-crazy theories but at the same time, everyone related to those would go insane

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

oddoneout wrote:So Dan posted pics of his allergic reaction on Twitter; maybe the deletion of old videos will be the start of a new era of oversharing? Rawr.
He'll overshare then get angry when his fans have the audacity to ask about his allergies! Clearly they aren't his true fans, who blindly support him and never question his vague posts. :roll:

larrie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by larrie »

It wouldn't surprise me if the email was fake, he's known to have faked questions/emails in the past, both on youknow and in videos (such as internet support group q's). Not much genuine left about him, everything is an act, every move, every tweet or post is calculated

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

larrie wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if the email was fake, he's known to have faked questions/emails in the past, both on youknow and in videos (such as internet support group q's). Not much genuine left about him, everything is an act, every move, every tweet or post is calculated
How do we know he's faked internet support group questions? Younow is easier to prove if you were reading chat during the stream I suppose.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G (5) mit Tapatalk

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

[tweet][/tweet]

Thank you Phil for this beautiful distraction. I can't remeber Phil ever making me feel second-rate...?

cheeringphil
Informer
Informer

Post by cheeringphil »

Triple_Axel wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>AmazingPhil</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>981957874330034176</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]

Thank you Phil for this beautiful distraction. I can't remeber Phil ever making me feel second-rate...?
I SHOOK. LITERAL SHOOK. he looks so gorgeous, and definitely looks older/mature which get me very excited lol
su'udzon at its finest

Post by Guest »

I've been watching DnPs videos for over a year now and I'm still fascinated by the fact that whenever they post/tweet/do anything, it will be reposted about a thousand times on every platform (twitter, tumblr, instagram, etc.) imaginable, every photo wil have a ton of fanart drawn and people will try to say something funny under their tweets so they'll get a reply.
The effort and time that people spend on them feels quite unique to me somehow? If that makes sense? I feel like they have less casual fans and more intense fans (which doesn't mean that I think it's bad btw).

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

phil looks great in that photo.
on the other hand, i went and looked at the one of dan and his allergies and didn't even recognized him. he looks 40
The Internet knows all your secrets

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

thechattyone wrote:I've been watching DnPs videos for over a year now and I'm still fascinated by the fact that whenever they post/tweet/do anything, it will be reposted about a thousand times on every platform (twitter, tumblr, instagram, etc.) imaginable, every photo wil have a ton of fanart drawn and people will try to say something funny under their tweets so they'll get a reply.
The effort and time that people spend on them feels quite unique to me somehow? If that makes sense? I feel like they have less casual fans and more intense fans (which doesn't mean that I think it's bad btw).
I remember following them years ago when their tweets would only garner a couple of replies. Then suddenly it turned into what you described, and it's still going years later despite having reached their peak already. It really is something else and never stops amazing me. Even a YouTuber like jacksepticeye, who has 18M subscribers, gets less followers on other social media and less viewers when livestreaming. I think that ultimately it has to do with their demographic which is hugely composed of younger people/young adults etc who are more active on social media and have more time on their hands in general. They also do engage a bit with their audience so of course people want to get noticed by them. Apart from that, they don't post content frequently, so not too unlike Harry Potter fans, their followers are left to debate, overanalyse and content themselves with whatever little glimpse they have. Tbh I always avoided talking about Dan and Phil until now since this seems like a decently objective place, because yes most of their followers are intense to the point where neither Dan nor Phil can do anything wrong.

paper-roses
Learner
Learner

Post by paper-roses »

The replies to their tweets always follow this almost disturbingly cookie cutter formula. Dan or Phil will tweet. A phan will reply to the tweet. D/P likes the reply, might even reply back. Phan will then tag a friend of theirs who is also a phan, and scream the friend’s name in all caps, exclamation points optional. The friend will scream original phan’s name back. Then they start the OMGs and congratulations.

I’ve seen this on multiple occasions and every time I wonder where they’re learning to react in exactly the same ways. Then I roll my eyes at how stupid it is that phans idolize D&P so much that getting noticed by senpai with a Twitter like is the highlight of their day.

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

Updated descriptionImage

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

illegal_mind wrote:phil looks great in that photo.
on the other hand, i went and looked at the one of dan and his allergies and didn't even recognized him. he looks 40
I mean, he had just had an actual allergic reaction, so ofc he's not looking as fresh as a sun-kissed Phil.
Then again we all know Phil moisturises.

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

urmel wrote:Updated description[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... a377b5.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180405</span><span>/</span><span>660ba9b819a3d5528bfa59f761a377b5</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Dude is so edgy. Even when he isn't reflecting on the past - 'tragic journey' like dude sit down. You're a grown ass adult, I don't know how half of your fans find the whole thing attractive but jfc... he went from 'im so random' to 'im so edgy'. Also, he manages to sound condescending anyway.

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

urmel wrote:Updated descriptionImage

All I can say is....eat a whole ass, Dan.

Triple_Axel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Triple_Axel »

urmel wrote:Updated description[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... a377b5.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180405</span><span>/</span><span>660ba9b819a3d5528bfa59f761a377b5</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

Sure, Dan. As usual, he does something weird and has to come back to do damage control. His attitude was nothing short of condescending yesterday which is far off from this "endearing" he is now mentioning. I do understand he has an image to uphold, especially now that he's part of some important charities, but there are better ways to go about it. I don't think I'm being too harsh when I ask what "inarticulate environment" ? Yes, it's live and he can't edit himself but it's clear to me that these days he comes to the liveshow with preprepared topics and opinions. So it's a shame he doesn't realise by himself that some things are just not okay.

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

Better buy Dan a bike, I can hear him backpedaling from here.

Seriously, is he a moron? We literally heard him making fun of the email, but now he claims he didn't? Jesus. I don't know what's worse, his fake apology or the fact that people are eating it up and crying 'character development!!!!'

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”