Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 59: Dan ft Phil

Post by Disney_Wolf »

aryasfavoriteword wrote:
Disney_Wolf wrote:I don't have a Tumblr or know how it works in general so I just posted it on annon and hope I've done it right :rofl:
You did! I just posted it! Anyone who doesn't have tumblr can always use anon.
Ayy, I'm a little less grandma like now ;) x

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

I've been loving all the submissions you've been getting so far!!! I really hope DnP see the blog at some point

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

Off topic from the Tumblr discussion but I was reading comments that got me thinking.

There were comments from a few people claiming that Dan and Phil promote this unhealthy obsession saying that it's Dan and Phils fault that their fans (and the commenter in particular) got so obsessed with them that she bought merch and talked about nothing but them etc.
But tbh, I don't think that is Dan and Phil's fault. Or maybe I'm just blind to some master manipulation going on from them (which I don't think there is any of them manipulating audience but there has definitely been a few comments suggesting this).
I was curious to what you guys think? Do you think these commenters have a point that Dan and Phil somehow promote their fans to have an unhealthy obsession on them? Or not?
This thread slowed down a bit so I'm just trying to revive it. Interested in your thoughts though :tu: x

TheTruthful
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TheTruthful »

BluntyMe wrote:
aryasfavoriteword wrote:^
Also, I'm I the only one that trully loved Phil and Hazel together?
oh no i love them so much together. looked like a nice firendship. but in the truth bombs vid, hazel looked uncomfortable.

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

Disney_Wolf wrote:Off topic from the Tumblr discussion but I was reading comments that got me thinking.

There were comments from a few people claiming that Dan and Phil promote this unhealthy obsession saying that it's Dan and Phils fault that their fans (and the commenter in particular) got so obsessed with them that she bought merch and talked about nothing but them etc.
But tbh, I don't think that is Dan and Phil's fault. Or maybe I'm just blind to some master manipulation going on from them (which I don't think there is any of them manipulating audience but there has definitely been a few comments suggesting this).
I was curious to what you guys think? Do you think these commenters have a point that Dan and Phil somehow promote their fans to have an unhealthy obsession on them? Or not?
This thread slowed down a bit so I'm just trying to revive it. Interested in your thoughts though :tu: x
I don't see how they promote people being obsessed with them tbh. I mean they don't really discourage it, but it don't get how they encourage it.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

onetruetrash wrote:
Disney_Wolf wrote:Off topic from the Tumblr discussion but I was reading comments that got me thinking.

I don't see how they promote people being obsessed with them tbh. I mean they don't really discourage it, but it don't get how they encourage it.
I don't understand how the encourage it either but I seen quite a few people saying it and started to think maybe I was the crazy one for not seeing it :rofl: x

xoxo_24689
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_24689 »

I agree with the last few comments. I don't see how they encourage obsession, especially compared to other celebrities or YouTubers like the Paul brothers who treat their fans like some kind of cult. I do wish they'd speak up more and tell fans not to stalk them to their home, and things like that though.
i talk too much, sry

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

xoxo_24689 wrote:I agree with the last few comments. I don't see how they encourage obsession, especially compared to other celebrities or YouTubers like the Paul brothers who treat their fans like some kind of cult. I do wish they'd speak up more and tell fans not to stalk them to their home, and things like that though.
Okay it's good to know I'm not crazy for not seeing it then :') but yes the Paul brothers are definitely a good example of that. I think their fans actually might have one up on the Phandom in regards with being a mess tbh.
And yeah, I think D+P really do need to start speaking up for themselves and at least trying to calm the Phandom. I'm trying to think of reasons as to why they don't do that x

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

Wow! So much to comment on so, I apologize in advance if I get a little carried away....

I've been saying this for as long as I can remember, the phandom is one of a kind. They judge their entire life based on the snipets of it they CHOOSE to show us. I have never been a part of a community such as this one, so vicious yet equally supportive.

The fact that both of them don't seem to have grown within their community but their community being grown apart of their content is heart wrenching. Even Shawn Dawson, who I normally don't watch, has a balance between a newer fanbase and they people that follow him from the get go.
They still appeal to a much younger audience than they age range that they are into sometimes saddens me but I guess is their online personas and that's the content they are confortable with.

The fact thet don't speak up about how incredibly obnoxious is to have people follow you home and knock on your door to ask for a selfie it's something beyond my comprehention. How are they ever going to have a healthy relationship if they know peoole are camping outside their door at all times? That assuming that Phan is something Phannies made up. Again I am not a shipper nor I care who they are with but let's assume they aren't an item for the sole purpose of this discussion.

Outside youtube they are two individuals that are entitled of having a normal life without it being under the scrutiny of anybody. So, to me, they are condoning this type of behaviour by not speaking up and asking their fans to just cut them some slack.
Unfortunately, they are not the only ones that suffer from this. I remember Hannah Hart being harassed by fans when she briefly dated Ingrid Nilsen until she made a video asking them to please respect her privacy so, unless they do the same thing, they will be prone to keep on receiving this unsolicited visits.

So, bottom line and from my own stand point, they don't encurage the obsession but they don't put a limit to it even if they sometimes, find it creepy either.

I guess they got used to this life in the spotlight and they are content with having their personal space tampered with from time to time... but I don't longer buy into this 'I never leave my house and have no real friends other than X' anymore, I think that's the elaborated Youtube face they want their audience to keep on seeing.

I under no circumstance would like this to be taken the wrong way as I deeply care about these two dorks and keep on enjoying their content, sometimes more than others, but I do really think that there is time they both move on a little from their angsty emo teenager selves to become the beautiful humans I know they are with a little bit of more in depth content that I know for a fact they are able to produce as we all been seeing glimpses of them throughout the years.

Thanks Disney_Wolf for reviving this thread!!!! This is the only real interaction I have with other D+P fans, I know, I'm sad but I never really had other people, irl or not, that liked them as much as I do.

Disney_Wolf
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Disney_Wolf »

BluntyMe wrote:Wow! So much to comment on so, I apologize in advance if I get a little carried away....

I've been saying this for as long as I can remember, the phandom is one of a kind. They judge their entire life based on the snipets of it they CHOOSE to show us. I have never been a part of a community such as this one, so vicious yet equally supportive.

The fact that both of them don't seem to have grown within their community but their community being grown apart of their content is heart wrenching. Even Shawn Dawson, who I normally don't watch, has a balance between a newer fanbase and they people that follow him from the get go.
They still appeal to a much younger audience than they age range that they are into sometimes saddens me but I guess is their online personas and that's the content they are confortable with.

The fact thet don't speak up about how incredibly obnoxious is to have people follow you home and knock on your door to ask for a selfie it's something beyond my comprehention. How are they ever going to have a healthy relationship if they know peoole are camping outside their door at all times? That assuming that Phan is something Phannies made up. Again I am not a shipper nor I care who they are with but let's assume they aren't an item for the sole purpose of this discussion.

Outside youtube they are two individuals that are entitled of having a normal life without it being under the scrutiny of anybody. So, to me, they are condoning this type of behaviour by not speaking up and asking their fans to just cut them some slack.
Unfortunately, they are not the only ones that suffer from this. I remember Hannah Hart being harassed by fans when she briefly dated Ingrid Nilsen until she made a video asking them to please respect her privacy so, unless they do the same thing, they will be prone to keep on receiving this unsolicited visits.

So, bottom line and from my own stand point, they don't encurage the obsession but they don't put a limit to it even if they sometimes, find it creepy either.

I guess they got used to this life in the spotlight and they are content with having their personal space tampered with from time to time... but I don't longer buy into this 'I never leave my house and have no real friends other than X' anymore, I think that's the elaborated Youtube face they want their audience to keep on seeing.

I under no circumstance would like this to be taken the wrong way as I deeply care about these two dorks and keep on enjoying their content, sometimes more than others, but I do really think that there is time they both move on a little from their angsty emo teenager selves to become the beautiful humans I know they are with a little bit of more in depth content that I know for a fact they are able to produce as we all been seeing glimpses of them throughout the years.

Thanks Disney_Wolf for reviving this thread!!!! This is the only real interaction I have with other D+P fans, I know, I'm sad but I never really had other people, irl or not, that liked them as much as I do.
Glad I could try and revive the thread. I like this thread as it's not so up their ass and aren't afriad to actually say real opinions without the obsessive fans attacking them for disagreeing.

But yeah, I basically agree with everything you've said :love2:

TheStubborn
Learner
Learner

Post by TheStubborn »

I think because they are SO PRIVATE we don’t know anything about their life’s (I know people always talk like they know but we don’t actually know anything it’s just theories) especially when you compare them to other youtubrs who share a lot of their life’s so I think that makes people really interested to know more, I have seen posts about what’s inside their fridge and what shampoo and body wash they use :rofl: :roll: .
I don’t blame dan&phil it’s not their fault of course

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

TheStubborn wrote:I think because they are SO PRIVATE we don’t know anything about their life’s (I know people always talk like they know but we don’t actually know anything it’s just theories) especially when you compare them to other youtubrs who share a lot of their life’s so I think that makes people really interested to know more, I have seen posts about what’s inside their fridge and what shampoo and body wash they use :rofl: :roll: .
Ugh!! don't get me started.
I literally just saw a post on tumblr developing the theory that they are in a polyamorous relationship with another person because there were 3 toothbrushes on their bathroom on the video where Dan sprays himself deodorant in his eyes.
I mean they could be but come on peeps. These are youtubers not Blue's clues

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

BluntyMe wrote:
TheStubborn wrote:I think because they are SO PRIVATE we don’t know anything about their life’s (I know people always talk like they know but we don’t actually know anything it’s just theories) especially when you compare them to other youtubrs who share a lot of their life’s so I think that makes people really interested to know more, I have seen posts about what’s inside their fridge and what shampoo and body wash they use :rofl: :roll: .
Ugh!! don't get me started.
I literally just saw a post on tumblr developing the theory that they are in a polyamorous relationship with another person because there were 3 toothbrushes on their bathroom on the video where Dan sprays himself deodorant in his eyes.
I mean they could be but come on peeps. These are youtubers not Blue's clues
As interesting as that theory sounds, that's a far stretch.

I feel like Dan and Phil are so private that it makes people become curious, especially when there is evidence that they are keeping something hidden. Then once people know that there's more going on than meets the eye, they wanna find out more and they fall down the rabbit hole.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

BluntyMe wrote:They judge their entire life based on the snipets of it they CHOOSE to show us.
Eh, not completely accurate. They also judge their lives based off of snippets other YouTubers have chosen to show us (possibly without D&P's consent) and well as snippets that likely were not meant to be seen by us.
BluntyMe wrote:The fact thet don't speak up about how incredibly obnoxious is to have people follow you home and knock on your door to ask for a selfie it's something beyond my comprehention. How are they ever going to have a healthy relationship if they know peoole are camping outside their door at all times?
Yeah, I don't fully understand why they don't speak up more about that. They've spoken up about being ambushed at airports before, and I can recall Phil making some kind of post about his family's privacy a while back. Are people actually camping outside their homes at all times? Of course not. They'd have to bring in the authorities if that were the case. Most of the phandom doesn't know where they currently live. AFAIK the ones that do and take the extra step to stalk them don't admit to D&P that they were waiting for them- it's likely more of a "pretending to bump into them" sort of thing. Perhaps, if it became a recurring issue, they'd have no other choice but to make a big deal out of it.

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

manged wrote:Eh, not completely accurate. They also judge their lives based off of snippets other YouTubers have chosen to show us (possibly without D&P's consent) and well as snippets that likely were not meant to be seen by us.
Oh no no, that's not exclusively to D&P, I absolutely agree with you but I was talking about the Phannies, in this case.

cheeringphil
Informer
Informer

Post by cheeringphil »

cmiiw, i remember back in the radioshow day, people used to wait in front of the bbc right? and i remember phil made a statement about not waiting outside the bbc. if he could do it back then, why phil/dan/both of them dont make a statement about the current situation? sometimes i just dont understand these two. i know only statement wont do much, but at least some part of phandom will understand and shame the ones who show up in their house.
su'udzon at its finest

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

cheeringphil wrote:cmiiw, i remember back in the radioshow day, people used to wait in front of the bbc right? and i remember phil made a statement about not waiting outside the bbc. if he could do it back then, why phil/dan/both of them dont make a statement about the current situation? sometimes i just dont understand these two. i know only statement wont do much, but at least some part of phandom will understand and shame the ones who show up in their house.
Exactly. Maybe i could understand if they were the only ones getting hurt, but their fans attack each other and others all the time. You'd think they'd at least say something then, but no.

BluntyMe
Talker
Talker

Post by BluntyMe »

onetruetrash wrote:
cheeringphil wrote:cmiiw, i remember back in the radioshow day, people used to wait in front of the bbc right? and i remember phil made a statement about not waiting outside the bbc. if he could do it back then, why phil/dan/both of them dont make a statement about the current situation? sometimes i just dont understand these two. i know only statement wont do much, but at least some part of phandom will understand and shame the ones who show up in their house.
Exactly. Maybe i could understand if they were the only ones getting hurt, but their fans attack each other and others all the time. You'd think they'd at least say something then, but no.
Well, I get people waiting outside venues and I can even understand when a celebrity goes to your country / city and see people waiting outside their hotel, not because it's normal but because I've seen it.
But to me, stalking their lives and even going to the extent of going where they live, that's just too much.
In the places I've mentioned before it's to be expected, even if you don't do it, you know that there will be people waiting for you as you get out.

They are condoning this behaviour by not addressing it.
They either don't really mind or don't even care. Until they say something about it, people will assume it's all fair game

onetruetrash

Post by onetruetrash »

BluntyMe wrote:Well, I get people waiting outside venues and I can even understand when a celebrity goes to your country / city and see people waiting outside their hotel, not because it's normal but because I've seen it.
But to me, stalking their lives and even going to the extent of going where they live, that's just too much.
In the places I've mentioned before it's to be expected, even if you don't do it, you know that there will be people waiting for you as you get out.

They are condoning this behaviour by not addressing it.
They either don't really mind or don't even care. Until they say something about it, people will assume it's all fair game
Yeah, i'm just saying that once the decision to not say anything starts to affect other people, it crosses a line. I know the police have had to get involved at least twice due to the phandom attacking people. It just seems like a dick move to not tell their fans to, like, not send people death threats.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Also, the phandom is sort of self-policing. For every one person who would legitimately stalk D&P, there are maybe fifty people who will actively condemn it with some kind of post, and hundreds of others who will like or retweet/reblog the calling out in agreement. In a sense, D&P don't even need to say anything because it will be handled for them, and they don't have to look like "the bad guys" (even though most of us would agree that speaking out against a subsection of their fanbase doesn't make them bad guys).
onetruetrash wrote: I know the police have had to get involved at least twice due to the phandom attacking people.
Wait whaaat?

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”