Dan & Phil Part 55: AblazingPhil & D-Bag

Cora808
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 55: AblazingPhil & D-Bag

Post by Cora808 »

sweetmm wrote:Guys no more thread name suggestions??? I'm opening the poll in a few minutes :D
#WhatsInDansHair

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Please vote <3
Credit:amazingfiru

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

achika wrote:Aaaaand the site for the Orange County show is down. :tu:
Did you end up getting in? It seems to be working a bit better now with the queueing system. I kinda figured something like this might happen since they're not at all set up for on sales like this. :( Try calling... their phone lines are probably slammed, but its worth a try. I went old school & lined up at the venue. If anyone's parent was in line at Segerstrom, I probably talked to them. :D First mother in line waited for 5+ hours! :o She basically said her daughter would kill her if she didn't get VIP tickets! I was the confusing person that no one knew if I was there for myself or a younger family member. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

achika
Learner
Learner

Post by achika »

jesssica wrote:
Did you end up getting in? It seems to be working a bit better now with the queueing system. I kinda figured something like this might happen since they're not at all set up for on sales like this. :( Try calling... their phone lines are probably slammed, but its worth a try. I went old school & lined up at the venue. If anyone's parent was in line at Segerstrom, I probably talked to them. :D First mother in line waited for 5+ hours! :o She basically said her daughter would kill her if she didn't get VIP tickets! I was the confusing person that no one knew if I was there for myself or a younger family member. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
So wow, this has been a complete shit show with Costa Mesa. Good idea to wait in line, I'm nowhere near it (and didn't think my boss would think it'd be a good reason to miss work lmao).

I got in when they finally got that queue set up, but it just spit me out to the main page of the site so I had to click through to the actual event page, which took about 3 minutes just to get to and load. Then every time I clicked the ticket section of the event page, the window would pop up then close. Pop up, then close. Then finally it'd load a seat map, I'd click an open seat, and it'd close. Then it'd load again, I'd click a seat, hit reserve, and then it'd say "the seat you've chosen could not be reserved." Then it'd close. This cycle happened in varying patterns about 50 more times before the seat map just stopped loading and "An error has occurred" replaced where the map would be. Then finally at one point I clicked the ticket link again to make the seat map popped up and the whole site errored out.

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

achika wrote:
jesssica wrote:
So wow, this has been a complete shit show with Costa Mesa. Good idea to wait in line, I'm nowhere near it (and didn't think my boss would think it'd be a good reason to miss work lmao).

I got in when they finally got that queue set up, but it just spit me out to the main page of the site so I had to click through to the actual event page, which took about 3 minutes just to get to and load. Then every time I clicked the ticket section of the event page, the window would pop up then close. Pop up, then close. Then finally it'd load a seat map, I'd click an open seat, and it'd close. Then it'd load again, I'd click a seat, hit reserve, and then it'd say "the seat you've chosen could not be reserved." Then it'd close. This cycle happened in varying patterns about 50 more times before the seat map just stopped loading and "An error has occurred" replaced where the map would be. Then finally at one point I clicked the ticket link again to make the seat map popped up and the whole site errored out.
Oh man! I'm sorry to hear that it's still acting crazy. I'm lucky that Friday is a normal day off for me, so I didn't have to tell my work about my creepiness. Have you tried the app? It seems to be loading a hell of a lot faster than the actual website right now. I was able to click all the way through with some orch tickets before I threw them back into the system.

When I found out what a terrible time everyone seemed to be having, I turned back & went to the box office to see if they had any additional VIPs I could pass along to people getting fucked by the website, but they were gone by the time I made it back. I knew I should've just bought some extras, but I didn't want to be an asshole to my fellow line people.

Keep trying! I would go app over website since I was able to get all the way to where I'd have to enter my card information on the app, while the website just kicked me back over & over & over again like you said!

achika
Learner
Learner

Post by achika »

I can't edit my original post but BLESS! Thanks to you and spider advising me to use the app I finally got through. Phew. Now I'm going to go lay down and will my heart rate back to a normal speed

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

achika wrote:I can't edit my original post but BLESS! Thanks to you and spider advising me to use the app I finally got through. Phew. Now I'm going to go lay down and will my heart rate back to a normal speed
Yays! I'm glad you got through! Spider's a cool chick! :tu:

Cora808
Learner
Learner

Post by Cora808 »

achika wrote:
jesssica wrote:

The plight.

Edit:
Because it made me laugh.

Last edited by Cora808 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spider
Learner
Learner

Post by spider »

Cora808 try the app it works better

akui
Informer
Informer

Post by akui »

illegal_mind wrote:just remember that voiceover doesn't always mean cartoon. for example, they could be voicing some puppets for a recorded kids' show, but it's someone else working the puppets. or it could be like with those movies that have talking animals. or it could be a stop motion thing.
idk why but for some reason i have this weird mental image of a a muppet style carrot and bell pepper(and the're like the veggietales characters, with a face but no arms or legs), and dan's voicing the carrot and phil the pepper. maybe i'm just remembering some weird ass dream i had idk
I'm personally convinced it's a bbc/cbbc kids thing. (Yes carrotisnotonfire and amazingpepper)

God those smosh babies are ugly, whose their target audiences, the story is so childish but there are swearing? But i do want someone irl to cut their fringe off. [SMIRKING FACE]

Jeweul
Informer
Informer

Post by Jeweul »

Offtopic but you guys made me torrent Book Of Mormon and lemme just say, best 2 hours of my life.
Stakhanov wrote:A stork keeping his eyes on the prize. Interesting. A theatrically placed purple monkey. Very good. A big daddy bear to lean on. Bonus points!

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

spider wrote:Cora808 try the app it works better
Yup! I just pulled up an orch row k ticket & threw it back. Just keep trying, Cora808. I think the error pops up sometimes if someone else got to the ticket you selected before you, so just pick another one & it might work!

uglyanime
Lurker
Lurker

Post by uglyanime »

can i just say that although i know they are making a lot of money off this it means a lot that they added new tour dates because so many fans were left disappointed
this really shows thtat d&p are still close to and listen to their fans, i love them <3
i will not be using basic writing skills

Gnosia
Learner
Learner

Post by Gnosia »

(I'm trying to take the 'sour grapes' approach at not getting VIP, but that previous description of what's included with the ticket is making it just a tad difficult to sustain. Anyone who managed to get one, congrats and enjoy :) )
greatnessflicker wrote:
Gnosia wrote: It just seemed overall like people stood much better chances at getting tickets today than before; The general mood on twitter at least seems positive enough by comparison. I'm just surprised and pleased they decided to add another date...it's nice.
Oh yeah, for sure. I don't want to come off as ungrateful for them adding another date when they didn't have to. It was super considerate.
Nah, you didn't come off that way at all. The whole attempt at getting any tickets, not just VIP, can become this stressful ordeal, so when it doesn't work out I understand where people are coming from at being upset over it, especially with what happened on Monday. If you or anyone else is still trying for May 2nd though, there are still some seats left in Orchestra. (and Loge as well)
Different rows keep popping up that may be better than others so you stand a good chance at snagging one.

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

Has this video been posted? (I can't embed)
It's really funny- It's D+P reacting to their old Brits moments

oqua

Post by oqua »

A rare glimpse of the hair being prepped for meme-hiding...

greatnessflicker
Learner
Learner

Post by greatnessflicker »

spaceguitarr wrote:Has this video been posted? (I can't embed)
Thanks for that

akui
Informer
Informer

Post by akui »

uglyanime wrote:can i just say that although i know they are making a lot of money off this it means a lot that they added new tour dates because so many fans were left disappointed
this really shows thtat d&p are still close to and listen to their fans, i love them <3
Emmmm they kinda lied to all of fans? Adding another show could be them realizing there are more money to earn.

Oopsie sorry for being cynical. I just don't have much faith in humanities in general.

Btw I also saw some tumblr fans ranting about how money changes them.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

His hair looks SO GOOD when he lets it sit at the front his face a little like here

[youtube][/youtube]

and here

[youtube][/youtube]

I actually like the faded sides he has going on but whatever he's doing is making the front part look so awkward. like in this video it's tamed and looks way better

[youtube][/youtube]

or he could just, you know, push it back more often . :tu:

He's got great hair I don't know what's causing it to look like a scalene triangle.

achika
Learner
Learner

Post by achika »

greatnessflicker wrote:
spaceguitarr wrote:Has this video been posted? (I can't embed)
Thanks for that
"That was actual Sam Smith, back then that was like baby Sam Smith, and now he's like literally Sam Smith" and other things Dan Howell has said

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”