Dan & Phil Part 55: AblazingPhil & D-Bag

akui
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 55: AblazingPhil & D-Bag

Post by akui »

lor_192 wrote: I cant see Dan collab with Hazel either.
I feel like they are waiting for DanAndPhilgames to hit 2 million and then post a video...
Which could be today or tomorrow. What a cliche. *eye roll*

But collab confirmed.
[tweet][/tweet]

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

[tweet][/tweet]

POSSIBLY DRUNK PHIL I'M LITERALLY DYING RN omg if they make us wait forever to post this I'll start stabbing people.

edit: I just remembered she's done Tipsy Talks without any alcohol involved, so...

Also made me think of something from her TOTM: at Louise's dinner, Louise & Dan had matching cocktail (?idk) looking drinks, and Phil had some nondescript tiny glass of who knows what while literally everybody else at the table had a glass of wine. What does it mean? Literally nothing, but I noticed it and wanted to share ok bye.
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

deerly

Post by deerly »

peeeepins wrote:POSSIBLY DRUNK PHIL I'M LITERALLY DYING RN
PLSSSS

I also really hope that that video will show us more mature maybe even serious and less persona-heavy version of Phil. I know it's not very likely but a girl can dream

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

!!!

I remember when Cat suggested she should film a drunk collab with D+P their faces were so awks like they weren't on board. And I'm sure D+P are closer to Cat than Hazel so that's making me think the tipsy talk won't be as exciting as we want it to be. And as peeeepins said, it may not even involve alcohol. If it does, I'm guessing he won't drink too much anyway.

But I guess for Phil, getting tipsy on camera with Hazel is a lot "safer" than getting drunk on camera with Cat? Unless they do get drunk for tipsy talk...I don't watch Hazel so idk

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i know she's done a tipsy talk with jack where they didn't drink alcohol, so my bet is that phil's will be a sober talk
The Internet knows all your secrets

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

illegal_mind wrote:i know she's done a tipsy talk with jack where they didn't drink alcohol, so my bet is that phil's will be a sober talk
When that collab with Jack happened, I'm guessing she didn't advertise the fact beforehand that no alcohol would be involved? I'm sure she's read some of the excited comments about seeing Phil tipsy and either she's ignoring them because she doesn't want to spoil anything, or because it didn't involve alcohol at all.

The fact that they're covered in sherbert and almond milk makes me think they just made non-alcoholic milkshakes lol.

sailor-moon
Informer
Informer

Post by sailor-moon »

seems like PJ and Emma collabed as well :o maybe PJ is being professional and acting neutral but its always weird to see him interacting with her xD

Offtopic: I saw Emmas tweet saying "PJ and me" and it made me think about Dan always saying/typing "me and *include name*" and I always wonder why it irks me so much but I guess one reason might be that it looks narcissistic like you think about yourself first o.o

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

blueapple_x wrote:Unless they do get drunk for tipsy talk...I don't watch Hazel so idk
They don't tend to get super drunk, they usually just have some wine and talk about nothing, though it varies between guests.
Offtopic to D/P, but about Tipsy Talk:
My fav one with Louise:
[youtube][/youtube]
To keep slightly on topic, there's a Dan/Phil mention at 5:25 (fittingly, she gets them mixed up lol)

I think this video is worth a watch. I just realized Ben is quite mum on the subject of relationships/sexuality himself isn't he... Hazel tosses some innuendo his way at 6:21 and he doesn't really reciprocate; overall very different to how he portrayed himself in Becoming Youtube
[youtube][/youtube]

And a morning pizza #spon (no alcohol) with the second half of Phimmy, the true otp:
[youtube][/youtube]
I'm excited even if they don't actually drink (although based on Phil's tweet, is that any kind of mix for an alcoholic drink that anybody might be familiar with?) just because maybe she can steer the conversation a bit past his usual comfort zone, even if it’s still completely meaningless yammering which is kind of the point after all. Or it could be 10 minutes of silly banter on animal facts, whatever. I’m in for anything really, I’m fairly easily amused. Ooh maybe they shot it in the lounge since a drinking video would be kind of weird in his room. Is it sad to be excited for different settings for a Phil video? (Even if it would essentially just be the liveshow background). Oh well.
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

greatnessflicker
Learner
Learner

Post by greatnessflicker »

sailor-moon wrote:seems like PJ and Emma collabed as well :o maybe PJ is being professional and acting neutral but its always weird to see him interacting with her xD

Offtopic: I saw Emmas tweet saying "PJ and me" and it made me think about Dan always saying/typing "me and *include name*" and I always wonder why it irks me so much but I guess one reason might be that it looks narcissistic like you think about yourself first o.o
She also made an annoying D&P reference in the first twenty seconds of the video (they were making pokemon out of clay and when PJ said they were "crafting" she said they might just be "crying"). ugh.

anyways, the second NYC venue sale was as much as a disaster as last time. Literally refreshed within a second and there were no VIPs left. Also, the mobile ticketmaster couldn't connect to the servers for a couple minutes as it was so busy. Apparently someone on twitter even tried calling right at 4:00 and they were already sold out of VIP. Yikes.

oqua

Post by oqua »

GrimlyGrindan wrote:Does anyone know how many subscribers Phil actually had before Dan? I remember 30000 was considered quite a bit and if you broke 100000 you were in like top 50 most subscribed to.
These are the subscriber milestones he posted about on Twitter in 2009:

17 March 2009: 40,000
15 May 2009: 50,000
14 July 2009: 60,000
26 August 2009: 66,666
24 September 2009: 69,000
6 October 2009: 70,000
5 November 2009: 77,777
11 November 2009: 80,000

I've put the actual tweets under a spoiler.
(Is this bad? He won't go and delete them now or something, will he? :/)
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
(PINOF tweet:)
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

iero
Learner
Learner

Post by iero »

okay i'm really looking forward to that new collab. maybe less of the amazingphil persona will show?? but i think it will be an interesting vid either way.
also maybe tipsy phil?? although it'll most likely be a non-alcoholic 'sober talk' (especially with phils tweet), one can only hope

SquishPhan
Learner
Learner

Post by SquishPhan »

I am excited about the collab between Hazel and Phil, but I also have my doubts about the tipsy part of tipsy talk. I doubt it that there is going to be alcohol involved, I just can’t see Phil wanting to do that on video. Still looking forward to it though.
Last edited by SquishPhan on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iero
Learner
Learner

Post by iero »

[youtube][/youtube]
so..im assuming this was the voice acting thing dan mentioned?
[tweet][/tweet]

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

^^ That's what I'm thinking. I doubt it was the Big Hero 6 tv show thing as Dan specifically said they'd have a big role in an episode. I can't imagine Tech Guy 1 and 2 getting that recognition lol. Plus that was only for the UK cinema version and as far as I know, the tv show is probably made by Americans. Anything's possible of course, but I think Smosh Babies is probably what Dan was talking about.
I forgot how cringey Smosh Babies is from the last time D+P had a cameo appearance...
Last edited by blueapple_x on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sailor-moon
Informer
Informer

Post by sailor-moon »

was Phil tipsy here as well or just Dan :o

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

greatnessflicker wrote: anyways, the second NYC venue sale was as much as a disaster as last time. Literally refreshed within a second and there were no VIPs left. Also, the mobile ticketmaster couldn't connect to the servers for a couple minutes as it was so busy. Apparently someone on twitter even tried calling right at 4:00 and they were already sold out of VIP. Yikes.
It wasn't anywhere near as bad as before, I'm going (thanks to a very kind lady on this forum :love2: ). There was a massive difference between the 2nd May tickets and the 3rd May tickets. Tonight there were (and still are) some tickets left, although I could only get them on the mobile site, on the desktop it didn't work at all, and I've seen so many more people on twitter say they got them. There was definitely something dodgy with the 3rd May tickets, no matter how hard D&P want to deny that.
peeeepins wrote:[tweet][/tweet]
Haha, I really hope they do a proper tipsy talk with Phil, I'd pay good money to see him drunk ngl.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

pixlexia
Learner
Learner

Post by pixlexia »

I don't think the smosh babies is it? I could be wrong though. I think in a liveshow Phil was talking about it before, he said something like "It's not something I think you guys would normally watch." And, I mean, Smosh is pretty mainstream as far as I know, I don't think he would make that comment about them. (But who knows? I sure don't.)

GrimlyGrindan
Lurker
Lurker

Post by GrimlyGrindan »

pixlexia wrote:I don't think the smosh babies is it? I could be wrong though. I think in a liveshow Phil was talking about it before, he said something like "It's not something I think you guys would normally watch." And, I mean, Smosh is pretty mainstream as far as I know, I don't think he would make that comment about them. (But who knows? I sure don't.)
Didn't they also say they weren't human in it, or did I just completely imagine that?

backin2009
Learner
Learner

Post by backin2009 »

^ yep[tweet][/tweet]
Image "we're not a commercial for everyone else
we go out for coffee and keep to ourselves
We make little homes out of 3 star hotels
And I know what you're feeling
'cause i feel it as well."

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

just remember that voiceover doesn't always mean cartoon. for example, they could be voicing some puppets for a recorded kids' show, but it's someone else working the puppets. or it could be like with those movies that have talking animals. or it could be a stop motion thing.
idk why but for some reason i have this weird mental image of a a muppet style carrot and bell pepper(and the're like the veggietales characters, with a face but no arms or legs), and dan's voicing the carrot and phil the pepper. maybe i'm just remembering some weird ass dream i had idk
The Internet knows all your secrets

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”