Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 54: Angel Bean & D-Slice

Post by akui »

majitzu wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
Jeweul wrote:Dan & Phil Part 55: AblazingPhil & D-Bag
Guys anymore suggestions before I open the poll or you guys want to wait for "reunion" details ;)

Jeweul, please post in the suggestion thread :tu:
I want to wait for the reunion details :love2: :rofl:
Serious drug dealer names, wow #thuglife, btw I wanna wait for reunion too plz

herelittlefish
Lurker
Lurker

Post by herelittlefish »

corn flakes wrote: If Phil is back home I think Dan will return back home max for Sunday, don't remember when he left but if he went somewhere exotic with his family for "nana last trip" he should be away at least a week...let's hope the house will still be there,
If by this you mean Dan will be back earliest by Sunday (most likely afterwards), I'd probably disagree, simply due to school holidays in the UK.
I'm guessing his family would try to make sure Dan's younger brother was back in the UK before the half-term ends, especially considering it's his last year in school.

Also, to me, 2012!Phil looks younger than 2015!Dan in the .gif that majitzu posted, but I can't explain why. Maybe just due to perception of time?

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

I'm going to guess Dan we will be back soon, most probably Phil will just spent 1 night alone before he's back.
Credit:amazingfiru

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

Didn't Dan leave on Saturday. So I am guessing it will be Tomorrow or early Sunday when he gets home.
If it is Sunday, I wonder if we will get a LS! I hope Dan does one on Tuesday so we can hear about the holiday but he said he didn't know as it was the day before the Brits?!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

akui
Informer
Informer

Post by akui »

herelittlefish wrote: Also, to me, 2012!Phil looks younger than 2015!Dan in the .gif that majitzu posted, but I can't explain why. Maybe just due to perception of time?
I mean, if nobody tell me that Dan is younger than Phil, I'd probably guess they are the same age now. Dan actually grown up a lot, he is a big man now LOL.

justdie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by justdie »

spaceguitarr wrote:Wow this is very curious. I'm initially wondering why people are posting this article and the translation as if it is a coming out. It seems a lot more like a phan denial? Then I'm seriously wondering whether D+P really said this stuff. It is 100% stuff that the magazine could have picked up off of the internet,especially if they had done research into the v-day vid.
But there seems to be to competing stories here if D+P really did say this stuff. Was the v-day vid a prank, or was it a 'platonic' i love you. That part of the article definitely confuses me. They have no quote from D+P saying that it was a 'friend' i love you. Rather, that is a inference made by the magazine. So i guess D+P's story is the prank one. There is nothing platonic about voldy.
I am a bit curious about the last quote that they have. "some people even got mad when we explained that it was just a joke!" doesn't seem like something that was said in 2012. Could it really be something that D+P admitted to these interviewers? I guess we'll never know...
Hi, first time poster, long time lurker etc. Sorry for bringing it up again, but as I'm Italian (sorry my english in advance), I thought that I could help you. First of all the article doesn't mention any interview or meeting. They say their friendship isn't a normal one, they share an apartment and that they don't have time for love, but is clear they wrote that the voldy video is a prank, where ''Phil remebered all the best moments spent with Dan and told him how much he loved him''. Yes, they use the love me in the ''care about you'' way, the quiero way, maybe because they didn't want to bring much attention on it, or at least the knew that is a tough topic to face, after all they must have done a lot of researches. The last quote says ''Someone didn't take it well''. I don't think that D or P aver mentioned the voldy v in an interviewers, and I'm also pretty sure that the journalist, Erika Pellegatta, just did some researches on the internet. At the end is such bad magazine, no one will ever care about it. 8-) 8-)

corn flakes
Learner
Learner

Post by corn flakes »

karma_yeah: sort of offtopic because is sort of my opinion but not really
Offtopic: About Kanye I'll love if he will adress it on a liveshow but from what I understood he separetes the artist from the person?
In this case my opinion: I love MJ but everyone knows what he was accused in the past even if he was declared innocent, but even if we don't think about it he did some other things that weren't right. Now I loved MJ the artist and never was really thought about some shitty things he did.(talking about Mj because everyone knows about him) On one hand there's that but on the other hand there is the fact that nowadays the "Stars" are accesible so how do you divide between the artist and who they are? You put on one level writers and filmmakers and on another level musicians with youtubers?.... at the end of everything I think we won't get a ls on Tuesday and if Dan joined Phil on his they won't adress it. If Dan continues to love Kanye like somebody suggested he should be more lowkey about it and stess the fact that you can love something while don't like the rest of it (sorry for the rambling)
herelittlefish wrote:
corn flakes wrote: If Phil is back home I think Dan will return back home max for Sunday, don't remember when he left but if he went somewhere exotic with his family for "nana last trip" he should be away at least a week...let's hope the house will still be there,
If by this you mean Dan will be back earliest by Sunday (most likely afterwards), I'd probably disagree, simply due to school holidays in the UK.
I'm guessing his family would try to make sure Dan's younger brother was back in the UK before the half-term ends, especially considering it's his last year in school.
I'm sorry for my broken english but yes I meant that I don't think he will came back the Friday but Sunday...didn't think about his brother but about how there should be some sort of rehersal for the brits... don't really know.

IckleMissMayhem
Talker
Talker

Post by IckleMissMayhem »

majitzu wrote:Some things i find today on tumblr if you want you are free to ignore
[video][/video]
I love this vines, they are fun :rofl:
Love it! What video is the "Soooo sorry...!" clip from? Haven't stumbled across it down the YT rabbit hole yet...
majitzu wrote:Image
I like this edits 2012x2015, in the first is 21 years Dan with 28 years Phil, and the second 24 years Dan and 25 years Phil.
credits: http://nerjaveika.tumblr.com/ [/spoiler]
It took me far too long to work out what was "wrong" with those... But I've clearly spent FAAAAAAAR too much time randomly clicking through videos/clips on YT one after the other this past month...
Dan actually looks older than Phil in the second one, but Phil has changed more between the two.

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

IckleMissMayhem wrote: I love this vines, they are fun :rofl:
Love it! What video is the "Soooo sorry...!" clip from? Haven't stumbled across it down the YT rabbit hole yet...

[/quote]

ehmmm mnmnm have no idea, it look like the manchester flat so it has to be before june 2012. but i dunno

Raeliya
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Raeliya »

[tweet][/tweet]
ImageImage

flarequake
Lurker
Lurker

Post by flarequake »

That article, if you can call it that, is awful, nothing to add really.

I also scrolled right past the photos of them mixed up, I do that all the time :? I think Phil seems younger in the one where he's 25 and Dan 24 because he's all sunshine and rainbows cute, but before Dan smiles he has a more serious (shy/sad?) look in his eyes.

US tour site's up! The web-usability-nerd in me is annoyed the text is a link just linking back to itself. Link to something or add the link when it's ready :roll: I love the Tatinof font, though.

oqua

Post by oqua »

Old news by now I guess, but the author of that Italian article seems to speak fluent English, judging by her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/erika184

Also, on Twitter, she is following all the members of One Direction (as well as tons of accounts relating to One Direction news/updates), the accounts of several other British celebrities, the BBC Radio 1 Press account...
I think it's safe to say she is aware of British culture and used her personal knowledge of Dan and Phil to write the article and provide quotes. The "quotes" probably aren't completely fabricated, but rather paraphrases or very loose translations of things D&P have said at some point or another. For example, the general gist of the quotes is reminiscent of stuff they said during the Huffington Post interview, like about them being messy and spending their time together.
Even the vday video part — to me it reads a bit like Phil's tweet from 2012, “ahh no it was an April fools joke! It never got released as we knew some internet peeps wouldn't get that it was a joke," mixed with a really sugar-coated version of Dan's customer service blog rants.

Anyway, I don't think the article seems particularly damning — it just portrays them as platonic bros who really care about each other. Nothing exceptional…

P.S. The sitcom comment amused me because it reminded me of this gem (where Phil talks about taking in another housemate and how it would be like a sitcom, and Dan looks really over it).

IckleMissMayhem
Talker
Talker

Post by IckleMissMayhem »

Only thing I'm saying about TATINOF USA is that I'm now hopeful of us getting a joint LS on Sunday. Assuming (and I am!) Dan's back by then, anyway.

phantasia01
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by phantasia01 »

A little OT but does anyone know how much m&g tickets were for the uk tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

backin2009
Learner
Learner

Post by backin2009 »

phantasia01 wrote:A little OT but does anyone know how much m&g tickets were for the uk tour?

i'm not really sure, but i think the regular tickets were about £25 and vip tickets were about £80?
Image "we're not a commercial for everyone else
we go out for coffee and keep to ourselves
We make little homes out of 3 star hotels
And I know what you're feeling
'cause i feel it as well."

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

backin2009 wrote:
phantasia01 wrote:A little OT but does anyone know how much m&g tickets were for the uk tour?

i'm not really sure, but i think the regular tickets were about £25 and vip tickets were about £80?
Yes the regular was £25 and the vip were £83 I think. But Dan said in his LS that they will not be the same price at every venue in the US as it was impossible to convince the venues to have all the same price than it was in the UK.

I am in Florida in September so I would go again but I am guessing the tour will be at the start of the year(around videos like Dan implided). Maybe they will do the European tour towards the end of the year. Already pricing up easyjet flights for me and my sister places in Europe (not even joking haha)

“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

phantasia01
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by phantasia01 »

kathrynxjane wrote:
backin2009 wrote:

Yes the regular was £25 and the vip were £83 I think. But Dan said in his LS that they will not be the same price at every venue in the US as it was impossible to convince the venues to have all the same price than it was in the UK.

I am in Florida in September so I would go again but I am guessing the tour will be at the start of the year(around videos like Dan implided). Maybe they will do the European tour towards the end of the year. Already pricing up easyjet flights for me and my sister places in Europe (not even joking haha)

Thanks, I just wanted like an estimate on the price. (And I'm from Canada so I've also been looking at flights and hotels in the states. Lolol)

pixlexia
Learner
Learner

Post by pixlexia »

Question for anyone's who's already gotten a chance to go to the tour:

How was the audience? I'm all for teen girls having their space to scream and get excited to their hearts content, but at the same time my own tolerance level is very low for that stuff. I'm an older fan, and while I'm probably going to get a ticket either way, I wanted to know how crazy the audience actually is? Is it really mostly screaming teen girls or is there some variance in there? Or am I going to be an odd duckling standing amongst teenagers who brought their parents along, all the while getting annoyed that I can't hear the show over people shouting jokes at them that are over five years old? :?

Also deciding on if I want a VIP ticket, or if it's not worth it. The price difference is so much for ten seconds with a couple strangers who have hundreds of other people to say hello to. When did I get so cynical sounding? Haha. At the same time, I'm sure it's a nice ten seconds.

satan666
Lurker
Lurker

Post by satan666 »

pixlexia wrote:Question for anyone's who's already gotten a chance to go to the tour:

How was the audience? I'm all for teen girls having their space to scream and get excited to their hearts content, but at the same time my own tolerance level is very low for that stuff. I'm an older fan, and while I'm probably going to get a ticket either way, I wanted to know how crazy the audience actually is? Is it really mostly screaming teen girls or is there some variance in there? Or am I going to be an odd duckling standing amongst teenagers who brought their parents along, all the while getting annoyed that I can't hear the show over people shouting jokes at them that are over five years old? :?
the show is different to normal theatre and there is screaming and sometimes heckles (but meant in a good way idk) and some parts are decided by how loud u can scream but u generally hear everything they are saying and it is a good atmosphere
idk

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

phantasia01 wrote:Thanks, I just wanted like an estimate on the price. (And I'm from Canada so I've also been looking at flights and hotels in the states. Lolol)
I believe Dan confirmed in a liveshow that they'd be coming to Canada too and that Canada was considered part of the US tour and they'd swing by since they'll be in NY or something??? I don't know if that means they're only coming to one location in Canada or multiple though. Since Phil's poster only included the US flag, perhaps Canada will be afterwards? Who knows.

Isn't Canada third on the list for where most of their viewers come from? Hopefully they actually go to multiple locations in Canada.

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”