Dan & Phil Part 54: Angel Bean & D-Slice

Cora808
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 54: Angel Bean & D-Slice

Post by Cora808 »

backin2009 wrote:so apparently dan and phil are in an italian magazine and this person translated the article:
[tweet][/tweet]
i don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Oh wow that's...that's rough.

backin2009
Learner
Learner

Post by backin2009 »

Jeweul wrote:
Honestly this is nearly impossible to see but does anyone know who's on these pictures? Looks kinda like just Dan and Phil, can't really see though. :D

it looks like the japan photobooth photos with mimei & duncan
Image "we're not a commercial for everyone else
we go out for coffee and keep to ourselves
We make little homes out of 3 star hotels
And I know what you're feeling
'cause i feel it as well."

haru
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haru »

phil's video was cute, but i liked the first sleepless night better, dan looks good in his holiday pictures, etc etc

the big question is: did they actually say those things and thus denied voldy being real in 2016 (or late 2015) or is that just words from the internet in quotation marks?

speaking of voldy being a prank that they never made a "IT'S A JOKE LOLOLOLOL" video, i noticed phil said something similar in tabinof, about a video that is now privated (idk the exact page, 'cause i have a totally legally acquired version of the book, but it's on the amazingphil video trivia section. it says idk how to post images sorry "In 2008 I made a video called "The Truth" where I pretended to be an American called Kyle and joked that I had invented the 'Phil character' as I thought British people were cool. It turned out my accent was too convincing and loads of people believed me! I never did post an explanation so sorry to anyone who still thinks I'm a secret American." - when i first read that, voldy directly popped into my mind... similar situation, a prank video that never got an explanation and ended up being privated forever)
Last edited by haru on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluecaterpillar
Learner
Learner

Post by bluecaterpillar »

backin2009 wrote:so apparently dan and phil are in an italian magazine and this person translated the article:
[tweet][/tweet]
i don't know whether to laugh or cry.
oh god. where did they get those quotes from? i wouldn't be surprised if they just invented them tbh.
backin2009 wrote:
Jeweul wrote:
Honestly this is nearly impossible to see but does anyone know who's on these pictures? Looks kinda like just Dan and Phil, can't really see though. :D

it looks like the japan photobooth photos with mimei & duncan
haha first thing my mind went to was the sunday times photoshoot. i doubt they'd hang that in their kitchen though lol. tatinof photobooth? pics from some event that didn't get posted online? or yeah maybe it's from japhan
sarcasm is the highest form of wit

fakelights
Debater
Debater

Post by fakelights »

They are seriously lucky that the history behind that video or their love lives haven't been picked up yet by a major or at least more serious magazine or website in the UK or US. They are holding on for now about leaving this stuff in the dark, but the moment someone goes really deep into all the information there is about them around... Oh dear!

And I hope it was not really something they were asked in an interview and only a bad research job from the person who wrote that. Eugh!

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

Here is the original version apparently. Any Italians here?
[tweet][/tweet]

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

Wow this is very curious. I'm initially wondering why people are posting this article and the translation as if it is a coming out. It seems a lot more like a phan denial? Then I'm seriously wondering whether D+P really said this stuff. It is 100% stuff that the magazine could have picked up off of the internet,especially if they had done research into the v-day vid.
But there seems to be to competing stories here if D+P really did say this stuff. Was the v-day vid a prank, or was it a 'platonic' i love you. That part of the article definitely confuses me. They have no quote from D+P saying that it was a 'friend' i love you. Rather, that is a inference made by the magazine. So i guess D+P's story is the prank one. There is nothing platonic about voldy.
I am a bit curious about the last quote that they have. "some people even got mad when we explained that it was just a joke!" doesn't seem like something that was said in 2012. Could it really be something that D+P admitted to these interviewers? I guess we'll never know...

corn flakes
Learner
Learner

Post by corn flakes »

Yep if that's the original article the translation of the first tweet is correct, only that instead of I"love you" is a sort of "care for you" ( don't know if someone speaks spanish but sort of like "te amo" and "te quiero")... anyway that magazine is known to be aimed at preeteens, I can't confirm it but I don't really think they would say something like that on such a trashy magazine in the eve of their world tour...they know the Phandom is everywhere so why they would not tell some uk magazine?

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

Why would they be willing to talk about this now after years and years of being so hush hush about relationships (BBC chartshow with nosey!Jamila anyone?) and the vday video? Such a stark difference from the Sunday Times interview where they shut down the prying of their sexualities. Although it would make sense if they are in the closet but phan isn't real and they're actually single. They've never directly refuted being bi but they have directly refuted phan AND stated they were single at certain points in the past.

Still kinda weird that they chose to be so much more direct here though. Seems to me like these article interviews are discussing the juicy info (Sunday Times with sexuality, this Italian magazine with the vday vid and relationship status) but all the video interviews are kind of tame. I would've killed to see their reaction when these people brought up the vday vid (assuming this is all 100% legit).

It's unlikely but I wish D+P could address this article in a liveshow. As a matter of fact, I wish they could've calmly addressed the vday vid in a vid all those years ago instead of individually msg-ing/ranting at people who asked about it. I guess they weren't trying to draw more attention to it but with something like that, they should've predicted that trying to keep it under wraps would only create more suspicion.

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

I think that is more a bad research thing than a real interview, so i would ignore it.

The photo is the japan photobomb or whatever they are call one.

Phil is back home

[tweet][/tweet]

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

majitzu wrote:I think that is more a bad research thing than a real interview, so i would ignore it.
It is true that they don't seem to say anywhere that they interviewed D+P... (tell me if i'm wrong)
I'm just confused as to how they can put fake quotes in this article. Sure, the things they put were close to things that D+P have said, but don't quotes have to be exact?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

i don't think it's an interview, they just googled some stuff about dan and phil and added quotations here and there.
i remember some months ago, on tumblr, seeing screenshots of cristiano ronaldo's tweets where he says the sun was gonna publish an interview that he never gave.
it's a tween magazine, they wanna cash in on dan and phil's popularity. either they contacted dan and phil and they declined to give an interview, or the most likely option, they didn't bother contacting them, either because they just cba or maybe they don't have anyone that works there that's fluent enough in english to properly interview them
The Internet knows all your secrets

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

illegal_mind wrote:i don't think it's an interview, they just googled some stuff about dan and phil and added quotations here and there.
i remember some months ago, on tumblr, seeing screenshots of cristiano ronaldo's tweets where he says the sun was gonna publish an interview that he never gave.
it's a tween magazine, they wanna cash in on dan and phil's popularity. either they contacted dan and phil and they declined to give an interview, or the most likely option, they didn't bother contacting them, either because they just cba or maybe they don't have anyone that works there that's fluent enough in english to properly interview them
Yeah true. I just didn't think a magazine would be so bold to publish some fraudulent interview shit so when I saw the "official" version I didn't know what to think. TMZ and the like are pretty horrible but I don't think they've ever made up an interview they had with a celeb lol.
Last edited by blueapple_x on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IckleMissMayhem
Talker
Talker

Post by IckleMissMayhem »

spaceguitarr wrote:
majitzu wrote:I think that is more a bad research thing than a real interview, so i would ignore it.
It is true that they don't seem to say anywhere that they interviewed D+P... (tell me if i'm wrong)
I'm just confused as to how they can put fake quotes in this article. Sure, the things they put were close to things that D+P have said, but don't quotes have to be exact?
Supposedly. Watch them cry ye olde classic excuse "perso nella traduzione" if they get pulled up on it though. :roll:

Phil's home! :) Place your bets folks: will the house still be standing when Dan gets back? (if he isn't back already?)

corn flakes
Learner
Learner

Post by corn flakes »

yeah wouldn't trust a magazine that didn't say " we interviewed or met"...

If Phil is back home I think Dan will return back home max for Sunday, don't remember when he left but if he went somewhere exotic with his family for "nana last trip" he should be away at least a week...let's hope the house will still be there,

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

It is a merely a write-up, if they were interviewed face to face there will be pictures and mentioned of where and when they met. If it was a phone interview, it will be mentioned too. If it is a Q&A text interview, they'll show the text or used words like "when asked about" "they answered" etc2.
Credit:amazingfiru

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

US Weekly , a very popular magazine has faked interviews with celebrities (Kendall Jenner called them out on it recently) so a magazine that looks as crap as that is bound to release fake information in hopes that it well get more people to buy it.

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

It's just interesting how well the magazine seemed to know their D+P facts. I guess they did some research.

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

spaceguitarr wrote:It's just interesting how well the magazine seemed to know their D+P facts. I guess they did some research.
Right? As rude and invasive as the Sunday Times interviewer was, imagine if he had actually done his research beforehand? It seemed kind of random to ask Dan specifically about the "gay rumours", rather than the bi rumours and phan...

karma_yeah
Talker
Talker

Post by karma_yeah »

A little off topic, but for folks not in the U.S., Kanye had a meltdown backstage before "Saturday Night Live" over the weekend.

A couple of quotes:

"Then the hotheaded rapper went on to proclaim that he is “50 percent more influential” than legendary filmmaker Stanley Kubrick, Pablo Picasso, St. Paul the Apostle — who was handpicked by Christ to deliver the gospel — and even the notorious drug runner Pablo Escobar."

"Kanye West blasted Taylor Swift as a “fake ass” and called NBC staffers “white m———–s” during his epic meltdown backstage at “Saturday Night Live.”

He also claims to be 53 million dollars in debt and is tweeting Marc Zuckerberg of Facebook and Larry Page of Google asking for $1 billion.

I hope Dan catches up on the news when he gets back to the U.K. and reasses his Kanye stan.
What goes around, comes around.

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”