Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 53: AmazingLicks & holeisnowonfire

Post by sailor-moon »

the title I cant :rofl:

currently watching the gaming vid you guys are always ahead of me haha

its nice so far but the game is.. boring D: they mentioned final fantasy which would have been much more fun

icee
Lurker
Lurker

Post by icee »

I'm new to posting here, but I just wanted to say that I really wish they would play Life is Strange. It's my favorite game and I love watching people play it and everyone I've watched gets invested and I really want to watch them get invested in something. Yesterday's hour long lp was great though

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

x

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

y

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

z just kidding

Seeing the new thread title, all I have to say about it is...

[youtube][/youtube]
:love2:

Loved the video. So happy they're finally doing a proper playthrough of something without a million freaking jumpcuts. The game feels like a good fit for them too, with the sense of humour and a storyline to get invested in - they came across as very endearing while playing it, I think. Hopefully having two series running at once will force them to upload a biiiit more often...? or I look forward to the phandom going apeshit. (ngl I enjoyed the heck out of everyone on Twitter being bitter AF earlier while waiting for the upload, "Dan and Phil Play" first meme of 2016, and not a nice one for once oops.)

Btw how sweet is it that Phil's first ever subscriber still watches him.

[tweet][/tweet]
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

Just woke up as I couldn't stay awake any longer to wait for the gaming videos especially as I knew it would be a long one (and thought it would be horror)

Soo excited it is Undertale. But also really scared. I know how bad the Fandom can be if you do something wrong. Will just wait and see.

Off to watch it now while I have breakfast!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

felucca wrote: Btw how sweet is it that Phil's first ever subscriber still watches him.

[tweet][/tweet]
I think once you go Phil; you never go back ;)
[tweet][/tweet]
Credit:amazingfiru

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

Yesssssss to the thread name :love2: thank god for getting some inappropriate innuendo style names back.

I don't want to comment on the video too much yet as I watched it when I was tired so going to rewatch tonight. Not really sure I enjoyed the game that much, although friends who have played it told me that the bit they uploaded was a bit of an opener rather than the proper game and it gets much better. I loved the fact they did an hour long video though and I really hope they do more like this. This is the kind of content they should be putting on the gaming channel.

I'll be back after work once I've rewatched it :)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

Okay watched it and the hype was lived up too. I really liked watching Jacksepticeye play it so I knew I would like D & P play it.

I loved the hour long game. I am probably in the minority but I don't just watch Youtube for entertainment. I like to have it on as background noise when I am working, cleaning and studying etc. Longer games suit that much more but I can understand why for some people (If they are just watching yt for entertainment) that an hour long might be too much for them. A lot of people haven't go the time to just sit down and watch a video for an hour. The views will be down for this video but I hope that doesn't discourage them from playing longer games. (Forever hoping that they play life is strange). Tbh this is why I like Dil as the playlist is great studying background noise

Plus Points:
+They didn't mess up and kill someone. They are still on the pacifist route. If they would have killed someone, there would have been a shitstorm in the comments. One gaming youtuber did that and they received death threats in comments.
+ The bants are on point. Lots of funny jokes. "Use the force. Only 90's kids will get that reference" "You're huge" "Looks like a buttcrack" Do you stare at butts a lot Philly haha :tu:
+Dan singing Mercy. I just love the singing. Making me want to go see TATINOF again.

Minus points
-Gosh coming from JSE voices for Toriel and Flowey, the voices they gave them were shocking. When Toriel became northern, I laughed my head off. If they do continue, I hope they do not put on a stupid voice for Sans and Papyrus.
-If they are going to keep at this speed and do the whole game, it will be 14 hour long parts. (Not complaining but the do check EVERYTHING)
-They are not good at the battles. Need to work on that if they are going to go further on in the game.

tl;dr Just my initial thoughts. Will go back and watch it again sometime.
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

philbot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by philbot »

i've been waiting for them to play something long and relatively uncut (this is a multipurpose descriptor lol) ever since dan played outlast. i'm not entirely sure how i feel about the game as this is the first let's play i've seen of it and i'm not a fan of watching people play these kind of games usually. the length was a little bit daunting, i'll admit, and even as someone who could probably sit through a complete rewatch of the whole gaming channel i found myself pausing and going off to do something else when it got a bit slow. they mentioned cutting away some of the battles for our sanity and i think they could've done with cutting away more. but i really do appreciate the fact that it mostly ran smoothly throughout. i appreciated the dynamic between them. i feel like this was a very, very slow video, but it was very relaxed. it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that they probably play games together like this all the time in their own time.

as much as i would have preferred something with a bit more action (idk what undertale is about, so maybe i have some to look forward to?) or emotional involvement, i'll take what i get, lol. i wasn't expecting the hour-long gameplay to just be the prologue, so the ending confused me for a bit.

i do wonder how long it'll be before the next update. probably early february if we're very lucky.

timtam
Informer
Informer

Post by timtam »

I feel a bit better now people are saying it gets better. Can someone who has played/watched lets plays of the game give us run through of the game or like the aim of the game. I'm sure I could google it but nah.

I don't mind them having a game I'm not super interested in. As long as they make sure they have some light hearted fun games as well!

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

my title got picked
The Internet knows all your secrets

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

timtam wrote:I feel a bit better now people are saying it gets better. Can someone who has played/watched lets plays of the game give us run through of the game or like the aim of the game. I'm sure I could google it but nah.

I don't mind them having a game I'm not super interested in. As long as they make sure they have some light hearted fun games as well!
If anyone does please put it under a spoiler, I'm v. proud of myself for having managed not having this game spoiled for me yet, ty.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

Thread title is perfect! Image

I didn't mind that the vid was one hour long, but I do see how it can be daunting for their casual viewers. I'm glad they did the intro in one go and I guess the next episodes can be reduced to 30 or 45 min maybe?

The vid is currently at 420k and that's quite impressive for an hour long let's play.

And how sweet is that interaction between Phil and his first sub <3
:love2: Image :love2:

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

I can't even COMMUNICATE how happy I am with actual gaming content focuses on plot and not bants. Their bants are so naturally funny anyway it's refreshing for them to do a video where it's not forced. I hope this is the direction the gaming channel takes for the new year please please. I am SO excited for this series!!!

Also lol Phil has no trouble taking large pie. Good to know.

karma_yeah
Talker
Talker

Post by karma_yeah »

kathrynxjane wrote:The views will be down for this video but I hope that doesn't discourage them from playing longer games.
Just checked the views and they're at 452,420 after 15 hours.

Their Christmas gaming vids had 1.1 and 1.2 mill. The last "Netflix and Dil" had 1.5 mill.

They're getting such a positive reaction that I think they'll do well (I'm hoping that if they do get a lot of views, they'll get the hint and make more :D
What goes around, comes around.

Kurapika
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kurapika »

Phil is huge confirmed
Phil calls Dan "Danny" confirmed
Dan is a furry confirmed
Phil is a top confirmed

A true blessing for our little forum.
yes, you may call me weebtrash

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

So for the ones that didn't get the "you're huge" comment of Dan. Here you have I hope that all the positivity makes them realize they can play better games on their gaming channel <3

bluecaterpillar
Learner
Learner

Post by bluecaterpillar »

good to see that the best thread title won! :rofl:

i'm not a gamer and am unfamiliar with undertale, but i enjoyed this a lot! it didn't feel like an hour. it was fairly relaxed and the bants didn't feel forced :)

long list of timestamps:
00:50 “do you know what viscosity is”
02:19 “wish i had that hair” “we kind of did in 2011 phil”
02:44 “i’m in a ‘zed’ mood because i’m british”
09:39 “i hope you have to keep doing that voice for the rest of the video”
15:49 “i would bang the heck out of you toriel” quick, someone add it to the attraction thread jk
16:00 “is that its tail or something else hanging between its legs”
19:33 shocked dan
27:45 “napstablook” “is that a butt on his face”
29:47 “napstablook wants to show you something…his other crack”
31:26 “and buy the wedding cake or whatever it was” wedding cake eh, daniel?
35:20 “it’s your mum” “my mum has far larger eyes”
45:32 “but what else did we edit out?…nothing interesting at all really” yeah sure i still haven’t forgotten your sneaky editing out of q14 on akinator months ago
and of course... 47:43 “this character knows how to appreciate the little things in life” “like me” “you’re huge” ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i'd definitely like to see this become a series on dapg. other than those bloody endless battles it seems like a good game.
sarcasm is the highest form of wit

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”