Post by Lari »

vincentian
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 52: Handcuffs & Videogames

Post by vincentian »

^ Very good edit, maybe in 10 years? Though I prefer Dan's baby-face without stubble.

I second people who said they had initially subbed not for the looks/image. I found Dan's face very unmemorable (lol) when I first discovered him in early 2015 (I still think he looks like 10 different people from 10 different angles, hawaiian shirt/dog selfie comparison is a good example). I like Dan and Phil now in term of looks because I find their personalities and chemistry attractive and also familiar, not the other way round. But then if I had found them much earlier in like 2010-2012, who knows, they might have been not my cup of tea at all.

danphil333
Debater
Debater

Post by danphil333 »

Lari wrote:
<3 <3 <3 <3 :somad: :somad:
I swear dan has somehow a greek descent (or mediterranean-balcan). Thats my brother with a fringe. its weird
Image Time to Clark Kent it up

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

I started watching them thanks to tumblr and I subbed for the charm in pinof1. I've been attracted to Phil since the start and Dan has grown on me.

Regarding their popularity, correct me if I'm wrong but I think Dan's shipping video and the collab with the twins was what made him (and Phil) grow a lot. Phil mentions he had 200k subscribers in March 2012 and then 600k in March 2013. It took him 6 years to get 200k subs and just a year to triple those numbers.

I think without Dan and the mistery in their relationship Phil would be near the 1 mill subs. He had good vids during the time Dan made the vids I just mentioned but obvs comedy and vids made for a casual viewer will attract more numbers than vlogging as you don't have to be invested in the person to get their inside jokes.
:love2: Image :love2:

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

The Internet knows all your secrets

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

I first subbed to Dan when I was looking for Draw my Life videos back at the end of 2013. I definitely didn't sub to him for his looks and then I subbed to Phil when they did the Tumblr Video a couple of months (??) later.
Back two years ago I wouldn't say Dan was my type but I find them so much more attractive now. Both in their personalities and their looks. I think it is the short side and the fluffy top haircut that is getting to me. Every time Dan posts a selfie, I am worried about how attracted I am to him at the moment.
daichii wrote:
I think without Dan and the mistery in their relationship Phil would be near the 1 mill subs. He had good vids during the time Dan made the vids I just mentioned but obvs comedy and vids made for a casual viewer will attract more numbers than vlogging as you don't have to be invested in the person to get their inside jokes.
Yes! This happens quite a lot with youtube "couples" for example wihout Zalife, where would Alfie be. He is a vlogger like Phil (haha not a very good one but that's a different topic) so wouldn't attract people just looking for entertainment when searching for videos. Phil has a niche with being able to start tags such as the tumblr tag, 7SC and toilet tag so he has some searchable videos. I would say "some" people subscribe to people like Phil and Alfie so they wait for videos they do with their "more popular" partners and not for every video they upload.
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

Post by Guest »

Thank you for choosing this thread title [bows] (although anyone could suggested this title idea). ;)

To those who are concerned about the generalisation of accents using only American and British to describe them - I do know that accents vary across the UK and the USA and I think that others also do know that (I think it is true to every country, because in mine we also have various dialects/accents). I do not think that we should start arguing about that.

For the purpose of statistics and to oppose to the argument that people watch them bcz of looks and accent:

I personally did not start watching them because of the looks or accent. If that would be my thing, I would continue watching Will Darbyshire and start watching more PJ videos. I know that for the first time I discovered Dan and Phil years ago, watched some videos and was not impressed at all. Thought they looked a bit like emo kids from 2006/2007. Then the next time was Joe's whispering videos and Alfie's picture guessing challenge and I did not like D&P, thought who are they, why are they in these videos, I also usually skipped their radio show whenever I was listening to the BBCR1.

But then one evening I was so bored at work that I started to just go through whatever youtube suggestions showed up that I clicked on some Phil videos, was not impressed, but then Dan showed up and then the video of Louise waxing Dan's legs (I must have been soooo bored that evening) and then I watched a couple of classic DINOF videos and I liked his humour, there were some things I could relate to and somehow as I have said before, I think that Dan is an interesting guy.

So, therefore the content, relatability, personality were the things why I continued to binge watch his videos. Then add some mystery and voila! As others have said, I appreciate Dan's looks but that comes from the thing that I like the whole package - content, personality etc.

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

(B/c i do not know how to quote from another thread)
danphil333"ps: look what i did.. i bashed Dan again and before someone says it, YES i am biased. Thats my personal opinions on things, not facts or scientifically proven :)"
Ok whatever, I still don't like it but you can do what you want. Thanks for responding in a civil manner

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

Nice video tittle :rofl:

I need help to find this video, the link that appears in the tumblr post has been taken down by Phil (love you Phil but why?!)

"Living with Phil has it’s ups and downs […] but until yesterday I’ve thought I didn’t have any ocd behaviors."
ImageImage
ImageImage

l8er_sk8er
Learner
Learner

Post by l8er_sk8er »

majitzu wrote:Nice video tittle :rofl:

I need help to find this video, the link that appears in the tumblr post has been taken down by Phil (love you Phil but why?!)

"Living with Phil has it’s ups and downs […] but until yesterday I’ve thought I didn’t have any ocd behaviors."
ImageImage
ImageImage
Here you go)
[youtube][/youtube]
English is not my native language

bluealien09
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bluealien09 »

^ i think taking it down might have something to do with the oreo thing, cos he made an oreo milkshake at about 15:00 so it might have been a cheeky/shady spon possibly?

I'll put it under a spoiler

This liveshow happens to have my all time favourite phan moment which i think no one else has mentioned yet, see 21:22 when phil leaves and dan does a dramatic NOOOO, and then phil's laughing and smiling was so full of love like i can't even omg kill meeee :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: i'm not sure if I'm exaggerating, but there's a difference between a regular smile and laugh because something is funny and one that is in reaction to something that's funny and while loving it very much am i making sense?? plus the camera's so close to his face, makes it easier to pick up the subtle facial expressions that phil's usually so good at hiding... anyway i'd love to make a gif of that moment but I'm such a noob with this kind of stuff :?

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

Bittersweet_A wrote: To those who are concerned about the generalisation of accents using only American and British to describe them - I do know that accents vary across the UK and the USA and I think that others also do know that (I think it is true to every country, because in mine we also have various dialects/accents). I do not think that we should start arguing about that.
I don't think anyone was arguing/too upset about it, but I can only speak for myself, as can you. I think it was more a matter of bringing it up to clarify what specific accent people meant when they said "American accent" and "British accent" so we could be on the same page (which is why I asked in the last thread what accent people were referring to when they said British and gave everyone the benefit of the doubt that they know what they're saying). :tu:

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Hope that tour footage comes out soon actually idrc I'm just leaving a post to subscribe lololol

hyliandeity
Informer
Informer

Post by hyliandeity »

Don't have anything to add on the current topic that wouldn't be a rehash of something already mentioned. But, I'm surprised we haven't gotten a date for the documentary yet? It comes out next month yet we don't know what date, is it normal for a television show to leave it this late? You'd think they would want to build up as much hype as possible...

backin2009
Learner
Learner

Post by backin2009 »

bluealien09 wrote:

This liveshow happens to have my all time favourite phan moment which i think no one else has mentioned yet, see 21:22 when phil leaves and dan does a dramatic NOOOO, and then phil's laughing and smiling was so full of love like i can't even omg kill meeee :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: :love2: i'm not sure if I'm exaggerating, but there's a difference between a regular smile and laugh because something is funny and one that is in reaction to something that's funny and while loving it very much am i making sense?? plus the camera's so close to his face, makes it easier to pick up the subtle facial expressions that phil's usually so good at hiding... anyway i'd love to make a gif of that moment but I'm such a noob with this kind of stuff :?
i hope you mean this moment, i made gifs for you :tu:
hyliandeity i guess it'll air at the end of the month because i looked up the bbc 3 schedule and i couldn't find anything (until the 16th of January, so it'll probably be released after January 16th, or i missed something)
Image "we're not a commercial for everyone else
we go out for coffee and keep to ourselves
We make little homes out of 3 star hotels
And I know what you're feeling
'cause i feel it as well."

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

Yes! I knew i have watched all the liveshow. I find that part really cute too. I'm gonna watch it later again :D

Also I have laugh a lot with this tumblr edits

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

backin2009 wrote:
bluealien09 wrote:

i hope you mean this moment, i made gifs for you :tu:
hyliandeity i guess it'll air at the end of the month because i looked up the bbc 3 schedule and i couldn't find anything (until the 16th of January, so it'll probably be released after January 16th, or i missed something)
Well the BBC 3 TV channel is getting axed and is moving fully online at the start of 2016 which may be a reason why they hasn't been an exact date set yet.

I am safe to assume that there won't be a liveshow tonight (won't wait for a tweet as we know what happened last week haha...)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”