Dan & Phil Part 48: Just Here for the Editing Tips

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 48: Just Here for the Editing Tips

Post by mermaid blood »

why on earth do people have a photo of Dan's uncle, of all people? please tell me his name/the photo was not acquired from a personal facebook :S

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

it's from google image. sorry i'll turn down the level of creap

hbanana
Informer
Informer

Post by hbanana »

Balding is inherited by your mother's father, not your father. So if your mother's father is bald, that's when I'd start worrying lol. Also it may be just me but I think Dan just has a big forehead/bad hairline, it doesn't look like his hair's thinning, Phil's does a little though. Who knows, maybe they'll be bald buddies!

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

alittledizzy wrote:
I actually think this is a case where they did put themselves out there, though, by attending Dan and Phil's show.
I disagree. They attended their sons/grandsons very popular show, which they should be able to do without being hassled or analysed. They don't ask for people to be kinda creepy about it trying to work out who is who and OMG DANS PARENTS ARE BAD PARENTS THEY DIDN'T GO LOLZ (which I saw on twitter). Who even cares who exactly was there, it's just nice to know they were there to see one of their best performances regardless of its a mum, dad or dog. Infact I can't believe they didn't bring Colin, call themselves family so rude of them ;)

I've always thought family stuff is weird af, even with people getting desperate for photos with Martyn and Cornelia, isn't that kinda weird? I personally don't watch either of them to get invested in their families lives.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

i can see where you're coming from, Emma. i can't speak for others, but I have a curiosity purely because Dan himself brings up his parents of his own accord, in some less than positive statements, particularly in the last 12 months. apart from that, silence. the cute anecdotes are few and far between. that combination of seeking privacy and then impulsively breaking it with little comments here and there is what draws people's interest.

as always, i take my cues from the people being analysed themselves. Dan has never said his brother's name out loud, and it was only learned through fans stalking him online years ago. thus, even reading it typed here makes me edgy. comparing a screenshot from a video that is still uploaded to his main channel, with photos/videos taken in a public environment? not so much.

but, i respect everyone has their own boundaries on where they draw the line.

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

Isn't Colin dead?

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

missemma wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
I actually think this is a case where they did put themselves out there, though, by attending Dan and Phil's show.
I disagree. They attended their sons/grandsons very popular show, which they should be able to do without being hassled or analysed. They don't ask for people to be kinda creepy about it trying to work out who is who and OMG DANS PARENTS ARE BAD PARENTS THEY DIDN'T GO LOLZ (which I saw on twitter). Who even cares who exactly was there, it's just nice to know they were there to see one of their best performances regardless of its a mum, dad or dog. Infact I can't believe they didn't bring Colin, call themselves family so rude of them ;)

I've always thought family stuff is weird af, even with people getting desperate for photos with Martyn and Cornelia, isn't that kinda weird? I personally don't watch either of them to get invested in their families lives.
Maybe it just doesn't seem as bad to me because I don't think I'm seeing most of that? My exposure to phan stuff is pretty much just what I see on GG, things they actually do/say themselves on tumblr or twitter, or gifmakers. I think just the basic situation of family attending a celebrity's show/event and fans identifying them is kind of a universal thing that happens. It hits the creepy level, to me, when they're being stopped and identified in a situation outside of that.(Like I think maybe finding the photos of family members not sharing by Dan and Phil is iffy but I also haven't seen many of again... again, probably because I'm not really looking, bc their family doesn't interest me personally that much most of the time.

neetbuzzer
Learner
Learner

Post by neetbuzzer »

[tweet][/tweet]

near, far, wherever you are (buddy)

idk it just made me laugh. I know nothing about the jobro collective but now whenever I see a mention of them my mind instantly goes to the tragic saga of the unrequited #dick :roll:

also this gave my sleep deprived ass a 7 second heart attack:
STOPPPPPP THIS TWITTER BULLSHIT.png
fan accounts like that perplex (and sort of annoy) me

EDIT: Also has anyone read the post on ONTD about Dan's interview? I know that particular topic has been thoroughly mulled, but some of the comments are just...incredible lmao. The schadenfreude of watching people spiral into phan conspiracy hell is Quite The Spectacle and oddly vindicating; one of us, one of us etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by neetbuzzer on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Niles, you gossipy fishwife!

haru
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haru »

daphenaxa wrote:Isn't Colin dead?
i don't think so, colin's the new dog dan's family got months ago

oh my, top of the page

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

haru wrote:
i don't think so, colin's the new dog dan's family got months ago

oh my, top of the page
ho sweet. I thought he was the dog that Dan mentioned died in their donkey kong video.

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

mermaid blood wrote:i can see where you're coming from, Emma. i can't speak for others, but I have a curiosity purely because Dan himself brings up his parents of his own accord, in some less than positive statements, particularly in the last 12 months. apart from that, silence. the cute anecdotes are few and far between. that combination of seeking privacy and then impulsively breaking it with little comments here and there is what draws people's interest.
Oh yeah, I totally get where you're coming from too. I saw Phil's family walking in and I did say to my friend who they were. Personally I don't understand why they would have put Dan's family in the second row seeing as 4 of Phil's family were in the front, why would they put Dan's parents behind everyone else? It doesn't make sense seeing as they could have reserved the whole row for all of them.
I know that D&P's security bought the family down probably to save them from the amount of people who screamed when they walked in. Wonder what they think about it, it must be fairly surreal for them.
Nope, Colin is their new dog (from the last year)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

[tweet][/tweet]

Is he the same dog here? He is so cute.

haru
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haru »

^ yep, same dog

just watched the musical number of tatinof. ngl, in the beginning i did laugh a bit out of cringe, but i ended up getting into it, they worked hard and it was amusing (in a good way) to watch :D

effy_eidechse
Informer
Informer

Post by effy_eidechse »

[tweet][/tweet]

:love2:

chloek88
Learner
Learner

Post by chloek88 »

irrelevant, off-topic, and old, minute detail below... (soz)

at 2:15 of their Minecraft vid (which idgaf i still think is hilarious), phil makes a dumb joke and you can practically see the wheels turning in dan's mind in the following seconds. you can see that he wants to and is justtt about to laugh, but then settles for turning away and saying "get out" instead.
I will never understand why this is the route they chose to go down with their personas. I'd so much rather see dan laughing and appreciating phil's humour the same way phil almost always laughs at dan's jokes, rather than him forcing himself to stifle a laugh and blank phil, which effectively shuts down the conversation immediately. Obviously they know what they're doing, since tons of people largely watch them just to see their interactions, but I just don't get why they went for the facepalm-at-everything-phil-says approach, and why fans seem to eat it up? I know it can bug people on here sometimes...it certainly has always bugged me.

[youtube][/youtube]

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

Omg thanks for updating the drug deal doc! I'm giggling/cringing at the same time b/c of the dance routine. It's actually pretty cute.

Is this dance clip from Somelikeitpink or is this the one that got taken off youtube by CF? Whichever one it is, can someone add the other one to drug deal too plz?

pomelo

Post by pomelo »

neetbuzzer wrote:EDIT: Also has anyone read the post on ONTD about Dan's interview? I know that particular topic has been thoroughly mulled, but some of the comments are just...incredible lmao. The schadenfreude of watching people spiral into phan conspiracy hell is Quite The Spectacle and oddly vindicating; one of us, one of us etc.
Link? Few things bring me more joy than watching people get sucked into Phandom hell.

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

pomelo wrote:
neetbuzzer wrote:EDIT: Also has anyone read the post on ONTD about Dan's interview? I know that particular topic has been thoroughly mulled, but some of the comments are just...incredible lmao. The schadenfreude of watching people spiral into phan conspiracy hell is Quite The Spectacle and oddly vindicating; one of us, one of us etc.
Link? Few things bring me more joy than watching people get sucked into Phandom hell.
Link

It really drives home the reality that most people in fandom look at ships with a bias against believing they are real. (Like me for years, like many other people on here.) I think 'tinhats' get such a crazyface rep that no one wants to look at a situation with two famous men and be the one to say 'yeah I think they're gay' for fear of being branded. Except with phan - for me - it's not conspiracy theories and interpretation, it's literally just looking at their actual history of interactions online and the tones. So it ends up being fascinating watching people go extra steps to try and prove it isn't real, instead of the other way around.

(This is not a discussion on their sexuality, just on fan perception of them.)

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

wow I am very surprised at the absence of (hateful) criticism. For an ONTD post that is a miracle. Only one person complained Dan talks over the 3 actors, which is a fair point tbh. Probably only his fans clicked on it.

pomelo

Post by pomelo »

alittledizzy wrote:
pomelo wrote:
Link

It really drives home the reality that most people in fandom look at ships with a bias against believing they are real. (Like me for years, like many other people on here.) I think 'tinhats' get such a crazyface rep that no one wants to look at a situation with two famous men and be the one to say 'yeah I think they're gay' for fear of being branded. Except with phan - for me - it's not conspiracy theories and interpretation, it's literally just looking at their actual history of interactions online and the tones. So it ends up being fascinating watching people go extra steps to try and prove it isn't real, instead of the other way around.

(This is not a discussion on their sexuality, just on fan perception of them.)
Thanks for the link!

It's so funny how everyone discussing it has an attitude of "they're not together right haha it's just crazy fan theories, even though the vday vid was really convincing, and they lived together for so long, and... they're not together though..."

Like you said, I was one of those people too and inevitably I ended up here with the rest of you guys. :rofl:

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”