Dan and Phil's music taste/recs

Jeweul
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan and Phil's music taste/recs

Post by Jeweul »

I'm really happy that he's heard Art Angels and likes it, it's so good. I've listened to it probably 15 times through now.
Stakhanov wrote:A stork keeping his eyes on the prize. Interesting. A theatrically placed purple monkey. Very good. A big daddy bear to lean on. Bonus points!

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

[tweet][/tweet]

They sure did Dan. There were a lot of good metal albums released in 2015 that you should have checked out.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

A few more for Dan that I remember from more recent 2014-15 live shows:

Sigur Rós
BadBadNotGood
Tyler the Creator
Jay Electronica
Tenacious D
Kins (I think I remember that?)

Next time I binge on old live shows, I'm gonna keep notepad up & just document every damn artist he mentions.

Metal Daniel needs to come out to play more, especially Mastodon, Dillinger, & Dethklok loving Daniel. Greg from Dillinger has a fucking amazing new (electronic!) music project with my favorite knob tweaker, Josh Eustis, called the Black Queen. Not metal, but they should be right up Dan's musical alley.

bluecaterpillar
Learner
Learner

Post by bluecaterpillar »

there was a radio show fairly recently (was it the january one?) where dan said he liked years and years and had been listening to them a lot
sarcasm is the highest form of wit

akui
Informer
Informer

Post by akui »

Hey, does anyone know if Dan likes musicals or not? He sang defying gravity from wicked in Ditl Christmas and quoted All thst jazz from Chicago in a liveshow earlier this year. Or maybe he just go to theatre from time to time because it's a london-y thing to do. Or maybe he watches glee……

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

deerly

Post by deerly »

Somebody told me there are Mazzy Star songs on Phil's spotify playlists. I can't check bc it's not available in my country, don't even know if it was Phil's actual account or a fake one. But if it's true I'm sooo happy! Always pictured Phil as a shoegaze/dreampop kinda guy

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

akui wrote:Hey, does anyone know if Dan likes musicals or not? He sang defying gravity from wicked in Ditl Christmas and quoted All thst jazz from Chicago in a liveshow earlier this year. Or maybe he just go to theatre from time to time because it's a london-y thing to do. Or maybe he watches glee……

Yeah he likes musicals. From what I can recall he went to see Matilda and Les Misérables and Wicked. Probably others idk. Plus there is the Phantom of the opera video. He used to be a big fan of Glee but then stopped watching at one point saying it turned to shit.

achika
Learner
Learner

Post by achika »

daphenaxa wrote:
akui wrote:Hey, does anyone know if Dan likes musicals or not? He sang defying gravity from wicked in Ditl Christmas and quoted All thst jazz from Chicago in a liveshow earlier this year. Or maybe he just go to theatre from time to time because it's a london-y thing to do. Or maybe he watches glee……

Yeah he likes musicals. From what I can recall he went to see Matilda and Les Misérables and Wicked. Probably others idk. Plus there is the Phantom of the opera video. He used to be a big fan of Glee but then stopped watching at one point saying it turned to shit.
ngl when they (both, so we know Phil knows at least this one song) sang a line from "Book of Mormon" in Undertale #3 I about lost my shit It's at 50:32 if it didn't embed right.

akui
Informer
Informer

Post by akui »

achika wrote: ngl when they (both, so we know Phil knows at least this one song) sang a line from "Book of Mormon" in Undertale #3 I about lost my shit
[youtube][/youtube]
It's at 50:32 if it didn't embed right.
Me too, i was like what was that, don't sing a song about repressing your homosexuality, together, it sends a WRONG message.

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

Something from The Illusive Phil: In this episode of their old radio show (22:48) someone requests Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons and Phil says "I love that song!"

dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

Dan has said he likes this song by Bowie (and video)
[youtube][/youtube]

iero
Learner
Learner

Post by iero »

daphenaxa wrote:Dan has said he likes this song by Bowie (and video)
[youtube][/youtube]
do you remember when he said this? im a big bowie fan and this makes me happy

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

iero wrote: do you remember when he said this? im a big bowie fan and this makes me happy

urmel
Informer
Informer

Post by urmel »

akui wrote:
achika wrote: ngl when they (both, so we know Phil knows at least this one song) sang a line from "Book of Mormon" in Undertale #3 I about lost my shit
[youtube][/youtube]
It's at 50:32 if it didn't embed right.
Me too, i was like what was that, don't sing a song about repressing your homosexuality, together, it sends a WRONG message.

Or a right message, as we now know

finally figured out how to change this (sent from hell)

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”