D&P Phanfic

kusunoki masashige
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: D&P Phanfic

Post by kusunoki masashige »

spaceguitarr wrote:Ok i gotta post this fic. It has a different than usual take on D+P's relationship post-2012, though its kinda an au. It's also ridiculously angsty and sad (i cried :( ), though there's some fluff w/in the angst.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/522963 ... s/12060026
(Phan ^tm by wordsongs)
I usually don't cry, but this one had me with tears streaming down both cheeks at some points, especially during some parts in the middle (kids talk!!). It's very well written and just felt too real sometimes.
sweetmm wrote:Love your latest :tu: such a great holiday fic
http://slightlydizzier.tumblr.com/post/ ... xt-to-mine
Yes, I agree, really enjoyed it. alittledizzy, I love your fics!! <3
Sometimes I prefer to read the most ridiculous AUs because I don't mind them being ooc in some scenario that has nothing to do with real life, but beautifully written reality based stories like yours are the best. You're one of the few writers with the talent to capture them like that (or at least that's what I can imagine them to be like).

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

dizzy's latest fic made me like Dan :o

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5455103
Credit:amazingfiru

rizzo
Learner
Learner

Post by rizzo »

sweetmm wrote:dizzy's latest fic made me like Dan :o

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5455103
Just came in here to comment on this fic as well. SO GOOD. Legit, alittledizzy, everything you write is so on point. Love it and agreed with sweetmm, love Dan in this.

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

Omg this feedback is amazing, thank you all so much!!

deerly

Post by deerly »

alittledizzy, I'm your fan! Love your writing style, love both D&P characterisation they seem so real and alive.
Can't even pick my favourite by you, they are all so amazing. I always come back to reread.

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

Thank you, deerly! :)

Since I got asked for fic recs on tumblr I threw this list together:

a contemplating soul by XaLo (I am obsessed with this, it’s been weeks since it was recced to me by an anon and I’m still going back and rereading it about every three days)
feed my fascination (a way our skin likes silk) By nokimisfics
Tried to do headstands for you (every time I fell on you) by popsongnation
i sing the body electric by nokomisfics (a WIP but part one is 8k and still feels like a nice substantial read)
fifty kisses to christmas by nokomisfics
the problem of the hatstall by snsk
Kinsey Two by thatsmistertoyou

Some that fall into the ‘literally just read everything they’ve written’ category that have posted too many things to list individually in the last couple of months:
loverboylester
snsk
festivecaden has some great longfics if you like to draw out the anticipation with WIPs

itsamy
Learner
Learner

Post by itsamy »

alittledizzy this list is so good! especially nokomis' work (because i'm a sucker for their hp au).
i'm also a big fan of your fics and love your portrayal of d&p. like others said before, very real and authentic. i'm always excited when i see you uploaded a new one. :D

i just want to recommend new blueshirt's fic. give it a shot, their fics are all usually very fluffy and adorable, that secret agents au is one of my all time faves. plus a flaw in the code - another au, i think someone here has already mentioned it. i have to admit some things are too exaggerated, but it was fun to read and i like to come back to this fic every once in a while.

redelep
Talker
Talker

Post by redelep »

does anyone want to cry?

litany in which certain things are crossed out by nokomisfic, recklessfishes. it's wonderfully written and my heart was aching for the both of them, of what could have have been.
do check out nokomisfic's fics on their tumblr; their fics are brilliant.

Phan™ by wordsongs. warning: major character death. i teared up at this. would have cried a lot more if i wasn't in the bus.

also, my heart will howl (till you pull it off the ground) by islet. it didnt make me cry, more of left my heart aching & heavy and was dazed for a few days. it's hopeful, bittersweet and angsty

(soz this wasnt much of a review. but i think good fics are when you can feel the character's emotions through the words and they've made an impact on you for hours/days. and these are meant to be shared and read, even if they make you cry in the end. if the multiverse theory is true, maybe these stories are happening somewhere. so im grateful for the fact that d&p we know are in this universe. where was i going with this? nowhere tbh so pls ignore this paragraph)
if you're wondering where the dnp people have gone to and why did this thread is so f*cking dead and hasnt move in a year, pls google in depth bants and click on the forum bc that's where we are

kusunoki masashige
Learner
Learner

Post by kusunoki masashige »

WIP but for anyone who enjoyed So Many Stars and is interested in Phils side of the story:
A Comet Appears (a So Many Stars extra) by transdimensional_void on AO3

I also really enjoyed dizzys i cannot dream tonight, it's been really interesting to read a CharliePOV story (and such a believable one at that!)

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

I got another rec- its not a sad one this time:
ghosts like riding elevators, it raises their spirits - by abriata
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5817664

Basically, it is ghost Dan. It's really cute and it has a twist. I'd say its one of the best ghost aus I've read.

vincentian
Learner
Learner

Post by vincentian »

saw Un-birthday fic on my tumblr dash, turned out to be by alittledizzy. loved it, it has such a serene happy sentimental feeling to it. :love2: thank you!

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

[tweet][/tweet]

I guess Doug's tweet explains Phil's giving up on bath and phanfic writers should just concentrate on shower scenes :lol:
Credit:amazingfiru

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

sweetmm wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

I guess Doug's tweet explains Phil's giving up on bath and phanfic writers should just concentrate on shower scenes :lol:
or change it to jacuzzis :rofl:

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

Here's a rec: Glow by danthrusts

I really like this fic. It's a witch au. It is so funny. There are a lot of things i like about it. The dialogue is really on point. Dan and Phil are actually really in character imo, even though its an au. There's even characters that i think represent the fans (phans) in an indirect way- see if you can spot them. I recommend (though there's one part where D+P are a bit cruel as witches that put me off a bit).
I commend the writer; it's a really clever story.

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

No one uses this thread :|
But i have an author rec: fizzfic on aO3 http://archiveofourown.org/users/fizzfic/pseuds/fiizza
(their name sound's kinda like dizzy's)
They write fluff basically, and I really like the writing style.

achika
Learner
Learner

Post by achika »

Recent fluffy favorites, all less than 3k:

you look so beautiful in this light by internetakeover
little by little by deletable_bird
can't complain about much these days by dizzy
the line between by basicallymonsters