Jim Chapman

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jim Chapman

Post by BONTBFW »

Jim and Tanya have convinced themselves they will be mainstream famous millionaires acting, producing, and screen-writing. They believe they're building an empire...when they're just not. Jim could be decent at presenting. He's done a few gigs, obviously he's not going to be amazing immediately. He could try doing more co-presenting and then work his way up on his own. That's really the only lane I see him in.

Juliette wiskey
Learner
Learner

Post by Juliette wiskey »

YouTuber's seem to think they can do anything when in reality outside of their YouTube bubble no one cares, no one outside of YouTube takes you seriously, no one outside of YouTube will buy your book, no one outside of YouTube even knows who you are

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

Juliette wiskey wrote:YouTuber's seem to think they can do anything when in reality outside of their YouTube bubble no one cares, no one outside of YouTube takes you seriously, no one outside of YouTube will buy your book, no one outside of YouTube even knows who you are
the industry only cares for youtubers when they can use them to make money (like award shows having youtubers in the audience/as hosts/as nominees so their tween audience will tune in).
and when they don't need them, msm is like:
The Internet knows all your secrets

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

How do you know they aren't close to paying off the house? It's fine peaking at 25 if you've made a million or two along with your wife.

He did a foundation GCSE paper and thought he got an A :rofl: and did it to show even if you don't do well in exams it turns out ok as he is doing ok :? Doesn't grasp that it's mainly down to luck for him

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Juliette wiskey wrote:YouTuber's seem to think they can do anything when in reality outside of their YouTube bubble no one cares, no one outside of YouTube takes you seriously, no one outside of YouTube will buy your book, no one outside of YouTube even knows who you are
They also don't care to work for it. People who are interested in having a career in the industry start from the bottom up, they work long hours and do intern-like jobs just to show their dedication and commitment. I'm yet to see a YouTuber who knows what hard work is, like really hard and not just "I spent all day editing." I'm sure to tv and filmmakers, real ones not just ones who label themselves so on YT would laugh at that sacrifice.

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

Comolemntfou wrote:How do you know they aren't close to paying off the house? It's fine peaking at 25 if you've made a million or two along with your wife.

He did a foundation GCSE paper and thought he got an A :rofl: and did it to show even if you don't do well in exams it turns out ok as he is doing ok :? Doesn't grasp that it's mainly down to luck for him
Their house was 2 mil. He has said they have a mortgage hence the house not being paid off... Umm the age of retirement is close to 65 now. one mil or two isnt going to do anything in the long term.
Ask yourself why loads of footballers/ young stars go bankrupt after hitting their peak early,,

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

labenx wrote:
Comolemntfou wrote:How do you know they aren't close to paying off the house? It's fine peaking at 25 if you've made a million or two along with your wife.

Their house was 2 mil. He has said they have a mortgage hence the house not being paid off... Umm the age of retirement is close to 65 now. one mil or two isnt going to do anything in the long term.
Ask yourself why loads of footballers/ young stars go bankrupt after hitting their peak early,,
Just because there is a mortgage it doesn't mean they have a huge amount left.

2 million is loads. My uncle managed to get enough to pay off his house in his 20s, and he's managed to spend the rest of his life doing things he likes that don't pay much.

Footballers and like go bankrupt because they spend too much and like to walk away from the debt. How is that related?

These gleamers barely spend anything and get most stuff they want for free.

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

Comolemntfou wrote:
labenx wrote:

2 million is loads. My uncle managed to get enough to pay off his house in his 20s, and he's managed to spend the rest of his life doing things he likes that don't pay much.

Footballers and like go bankrupt because they spend too much and like to walk away from the debt. How is that related?

Do you realize the standard of living they are accustomed to? Not going to happen... eating out/clothes/trips etc etc add up quickly..

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

Comolemntfou wrote:
labenx wrote:

Do you realize the standard of living they are accustomed to? Not going to happen... eating out/clothes/trips etc etc add up quickly..

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

Even if they have a mortgage, I am pretty sure that a good amount of it is already paid off. It is an investment, and even if it turns out that they can't pay for it anymore, they can easily resell it, pay off the rest of the mortgage with the price they get for the house and the difference will be in their pockets. Buying a house in London was indeed a good idea. Especially now that they have redone the kitchen, it adds to the value of their home.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

The cloths, trips and meals are often freebies! I imagine they are quite bored if it all as they can get anything they want.

Prices in central London have been falling for the last few years, espically in k&c so its possibly lost a bit, although not alot (yet) as it's not a prime area.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

can we stop pretending that investing in one piece of real estate is a safer investment than a diversified stock portfolio? depending on the market, if they sell the house, they might get a little bit more than the 2 mill they bought it for. they redid the kitchen, it's not like they're completely flipping a house. unless the market drastically changes, they're probably only looking at a maximum of 50,000 more if they sell. if they'd invested even half of the 2 mill with a good investment bank, they could have earned that much in like 4 or 5 months.

i mean, they probably do have some money invested, especially if they opted for a mortgage instead of paying cash for the house. and obviously they can spend and invest their money however they like. i just think it'll be interesting to watch the gleamers through this youtube crisis.

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

tctp wrote:can we stop pretending that investing in one piece of real estate is a safer investment than a diversified stock portfolio? depending on the market, if they sell the house, they might get a little bit more than the 2 mill they bought it for. they redid the kitchen, it's not like they're completely flipping a house. unless the market drastically changes, they're probably only looking at a maximum of 50,000 more if they sell. if they'd invested even half of the 2 mill with a good investment bank, they could have earned that much in like 4 or 5 months.

i mean, they probably do have some money invested, especially if they opted for a mortgage instead of paying cash for the house. and obviously they can spend and invest their money however they like. i just think it'll be interesting to watch the gleamers through this youtube crisis.
But they didn't have 2 million in cash hense why they had a mortgage and money sat in stocks won't give you anywhere to live. But I do agree mostly.

Property in the UK, espically London is a very risky move with the way the market is now.

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

Comolemntfou wrote:
tctp wrote:can we stop pretending that investing in one piece of real estate is a safer investment than a diversified stock portfolio? depending on the market, if they sell the house, they might get a little bit more than the 2 mill they bought it for. they redid the kitchen, it's not like they're completely flipping a house. unless the market drastically changes, they're probably only looking at a maximum of 50,000 more if they sell. if they'd invested even half of the 2 mill with a good investment bank, they could have earned that much in like 4 or 5 months.

But they didn't have 2 million in cash hense why they had a mortgage and money sat in stocks won't give you anywhere to live. But I do agree mostly.

Property in the UK, espically London is a very risky move with the way the market is now.

Tbh i think jim is smart and shouldnt waste his time making videos on youtube but thats my opinion...

RB1994
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by RB1994 »

Wow his channel is DEAD :? His new video will be lucky to get over 25,000 views and although that's still a lot of views, considering what he was averaging at his peak, and how quickly the decline has been.

sprinkleofmoney2
Informer
Informer

Post by sprinkleofmoney2 »

Even this forum is DEAD

I genuinely hope Jim has something to fall back :|

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

sprinkleofmoney2 wrote:Even this forum is DEAD

he has a degree in psychology. and he's an internet pseudo-celebrity. he could easily get his own talk show. british dr phil

foreverthine
Informer
Informer

Post by foreverthine »

illegal_mind wrote:

he has a degree in psychology. and he's an internet pseudo-celebrity. he could easily get his own talk show. british dr phil
Was it ever proven that he graduated? I didn't think it was.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

foreverthine wrote:Was it ever proven that he graduated? I didn't think it was.
he says he has a degree in psychology. his wikipedia page says he has a degree in psychology. so i assume he has a degree in psychology.
pretty sure there was some controversy because dr phil was no longer a licensed psychologist when he started his show. so it doesn't really matter. you don't actually need a degree to be a talk show host

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

illegal_mind wrote:

he can't get people to watch his youtube channel let alone his own show

Return to “The British Crew”