Jim Chapman

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jim Chapman

Post by Citrine »

What even is that tweet about tinder - pathetic attempt at trying to remind your viewers that you are writing a film for Tanya to finally get an acting role?

Whitesand
Informer
Informer

Post by Whitesand »

Citrine wrote:What even is that tweet about tinder - pathetic attempt at trying to remind your viewers that you are writing a film for Tanya to finally get an acting role?
Damn - two things:
1. Have these idiots never heard of GOOGLE.
2. Does that tweet make anyone else feel uneasy? I don't know, the 'tooootally married' - If I was Tanya I wouldn't like that.

thejoker999
Debater
Debater

Post by thejoker999 »

I think Jim just needs to axdwot the fact he just not relevant anymore. There are channels who have 70% less subscribers than him that get more views per video.
People see through these gleamer YouTubers so much more now than 3 or so years ago, and I think they are the reason why YouTube has gone downhill. So money obsessed, not authentic and plain irritating.
Its funny how Zoe, Casper, Joe and Alfie have somehow stayed on top but people like Marcus and Jim who leeched onto each other seem to be just dust in the wind. Shows if you stick with your original brand, you will succeed. Go figure.

Post by Guest »

Does he really think his dwindling base want to hear him drone on and on about sponsors and designer labels they can't afford? I agree with the poster above me (TheJoker999) that if you stick with what you know, you'll find your niche, especially on YouTube. The problem with Jim is that he decided to put easy clickbaity crap over what he really wanted to focus on, so now he's doing it, but with a completely different demographic than he should be appealing to, which should be 20 to 40 something male demographic looking for casual to business attire.

Good news: He's finally making content geared towards an older base

Bad news: He doesn't have an older base watching, so no one cares.

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

Jim the """""writer"""" and Tanya the """"""actress""""". How pathetic.

I briefly browsed 147 Things in Waterstones and was bewildered by how lacklustre it was.

yolandahuffins
Talker
Talker

Post by yolandahuffins »

I know Jim is always a flirt but he’s really laying it on thick in this Katie Pix baking video.

Post by Guest »

yolandahuffins wrote:I know Jim is always a flirt but he’s really laying it on thick in this Katie Pix baking video.
Armchair psychoanalyst here but it sounds like he feels he's missed out on playing the field, etc, as he got together with Tanya quite young and has been with her for a while (and now stuck with her? ;) )

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

He's regretting his choices of marrying a slob and rather someone more "fit".

Post by Guest »

It's weird... Jim probably wishes Tanya looked more like Zoe

And Alfie wishes Zoe looked more like Jim.

And Tanya just wants a pie.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

Jim's Q&A video. What a loads of utter BS. Obviously designed so he can a.) make up excuses as to why his channel is dying, and b.) promote his new job as a screenwriter :rofl:

He's clearly deleting all the negative comments, as every single one is positive. I'm sure some people must have called him out on his nonsense, but that doesn't help a man who's trying to fake it til he makes it in the film industry. As well as the cringe stuff about how his relationship with Tanya wouldn't have lasted if it was down to him, and it's Tanya who forces him to make an effort (nice :roll: ), he has this to say -

Says it's overwhelming having 2 million followers, though they're not always watching his videos "they're around". Seriously? They've left the building dummy, because you are BORING.

Says he needs more side projects to youtube to feel creative (er okay, isn't making content being creative? ) and that he wants more writing of books and screenplays in his life. This is clearly him saying "my youtube channel is sinking, so I desperately need a new way to make money and stay relevant."

Says he nearly didn't get the GQ columnist job as he was so weird at the first meeting, but they must have seen something in him as they gave him the job. Yeah, Jim - they saw someone with a massive social media following that they thought could help them bring in a younger audience to a dying medium. You've NOT got any special talent or amazing uniqueness they LOVED, they probably cringed at him being so awful in person. The fact that he's dull, uninspiring, and losing followers every day must ring some alarm bells to GQ and other mainstream media thinking of hiring a social media has-been.

Says he's aware that their British youtube crew are a bit 'over' now, but he feels like they were the original youtubers and will always have that. Yeah, that will pay the mortgage, the memories of being in the right place at the right time but not being able to sustain it or grow, like say - Shane Dawson, PewDiePie, or Lily Singh have, because you were so boring and uncreative.

Says he's on his second screenplay and has had meetings with people who would genuinely like to make the first script. Firstly, as someone said in Tanya's thread, a screenplay isn't a screenplay until it's been made into a film. Before then it's just words typed on a computer. To say you're a screen writer when you've not made any films is like saying you're an author when you've not had any novels published. It could be the angle Jim really needs for his youtube channel to show himself trying to break into the industry, but no - like his dumb wife and her acting career he wants to pretend he's a rising star and things are just about to happen. Maybe he's an amazing screen writer, but it's doubtful when he's so painfully unaware and deluded, writers are usually the opposite - it helps them write about life and the way people really are. Also Jim is so dull and unfunny, it's hard to imagine him having a way with words.

Says he does a lot of things people don't see, such as presenting, and that he's not lazy like people think. Fair enough, maybe he has a really busy schedule presenting secret things, he could well be doing corporate work like comedians do. But him being lazy is not the complaint against him, it's that he's SO deluded and arrogant. It's embarrassing, he's such a David Brent character. I cringe seeing his instagram stories where he's at some event as filler, but will go up to huge instagram stars and even interrupt their conversation to get them on film, just so he can pretend they're mates. The people are really awkward, like they only vaguely know Jim, maybe just met him ten minutes before, and now he's acting on social media like they're best friends. He also said on Marcus' podcast that he rarely gets paid for working with fashion brands, he mostly pitches ideas to them and does it for free. He's totally faking that side of his career to by trying to make it look like he's in demand with fashion brands. Jim and Tanya are getting quite good at it this, but how are they not embarrassed? Everyone would have read Tanya's reviews saying she CANNOT act, and everyone can see Jim's channel is dead and he's not managing to get any significant mainstream roles as a presenter OR writer.

There's only so much faking you can do, and no amount of Q&As to try and justify this will help.

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

JuniperJones wrote:It's weird... Jim probably wishes Tanya looked more like Zoe

And Alfie wishes Zoe looked more like Jim.

And Tanya just wants a pie.
And a cake. Every time I see one of those tripple layer pie cakes I think of Tanya.

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissMina »

Petty surprised to say that, but I genuinely liked his new video on mental health :o

Post by Guest »

MissMina wrote:Petty surprised to say that, but I genuinely liked his new video on mental health :o
I'm actually not surprised, because this is his element: being an adult. I like this Jim because this one isn't trying to appeal to phantom tweens.

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

After reading at Tanyas thread I came here to have a look what you guys are discussing at Jims thread about the break up/divorce and to my surprise: Nothing!!!

So even after their break up he isn´t interesting enough to talk/write about on his thread. Sad times for him and his social media career. Not so sad for his private life, he seems eager to move on and start a family.
She will struggle more I think.

Don´t know... not a fan of either Tanya nor Jim but for some reason I feel sad for them. They have been together for such a long time and always seemed like a good team and also so stable within their relationship. I wouldn´t have thought they divorce so quickly.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Ok so is it confirmed that they will be divorcing? Wow, one couple left and that is Zalfie.

Post by Guest »

LadyBugB wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:42 pm
Ok so is it confirmed that they will be divorcing? Wow, one couple left and that is Zalfie.

Yup, Janya is over. I hope to hell Tanya can find a new man that will put up with her. And I hope Jim finds a good man,too

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

JuniperJones wrote:
LadyBugB wrote: Ok so is it confirmed that they will be divorcing? Wow, one couple left and that is Zalfie.

Yup, Janya is over. I hope to hell Tanya can find a new man that will put up with her. And I hope Jim finds a good man,too
I can see Tanya ending up on reality tv while Jim continues living his silent truth... it's crazy that after 12 years they decided their paths weren't right for them. I'm not too surprised because I think they lived too much of their lives for cameras and not themselves. I think that is why Alfie slowed down his vlogs (on top of being lazy), Zoe saw the demise of 90% of her friends... if in the next two years she is still with Alfie I would be shocked.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Hmm I’m not so sure. People have been predicting the end of Zalfie for the last two years- at least. Long before anyone speculated on Jim and Tanya. Those two are like cockroaches...

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

I actually kind of like Jim even though he's cringe

awayfromthecrowds
Wanderer
Wanderer