Previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=2456&start=1000

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caspar Lee - Part 2

Post by EST »

BONTBFW wrote:I honestly have no idea what I was thinking about before, but yes if it's a serious podcast then Josh would be best. I was talking about interviews for some reason.

As for Caspar interviewing people he doesn't know well. He had only met the dolan twins one other time before their interview, and he had never met ricegum before (although that was kind of the first of what he started so it wasn't as great as the rest). I don't think knowing the youtuber or not will be an issue imo. He has some real potential to be a solid interviewer in a field no one is really tapping into as much. He could then even expand and go beyond just youtubers, and reach out to other influencers as well as he gets better. Realistically none of this will happen though, and he'll just continue doing the same bs and getting the same results like Joe lol
Out of everyone in his little group, he has them most potential to do something different. He's at least willing to try new stuff.

lmaowhatsgoingon2
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lmaowhatsgoingon2 »

<3

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Ok after watching this interview ( I am retracting my previous post about Caspar being a good interviewer...seeing this guy and knowing what I've seen from Caspar, he has a lot to learn. Though I still do credit Caspar and his celeb interviews, something he definitely would never get if he wasn't a YouTube "star."

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Most of his celeb interviews are like, jokes, that used to be his thing. I don't think they can even be called interviews at all.
LadyBugB wrote:Ok after watching this interview (
It always surprises me how media-trained they are

Lavny
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lavny »

Riz wrote:Most of his celeb interviews are like, jokes, that used to be his thing. I don't think they can even be called interviews at all.
I really prefer it if he doesn't joke around so much. Caspar can be really genuine but most of the time he doesn't show it. I bet he would get much better content in his celeb interviews, without the jokes.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Caspar strikes me as someone who is trying hard to understand the ins and outs of the business but perhaps has a mental block of some sort. He seems to be working through it but you can tell he gets very frustrated that he's not able to articulate himself at certain times. You can see how he envies those who does, I think he is capable it just will take him more time than others.

I don't know if going back to school to learn the basics of economics / business and perhaps even English will do him good. It certainly will hold him accountable but he will need to be willing to do this. I think if he sees it becoming to difficult he'll give up and not try. I noticed when he was dating Maddie he kept on saying how much smarter she is because she went to uni, he needs to understand that people learn in different ways and intelligence isn't only measured by one's degrees.

I do think he has grown a lot, but in a few years from now, without the fundamentals of understanding business 101, he'll probably not be able to build.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

So he took Grant to LA? I'm kind of confused lol. Does Grant really have to go back to South Africa because of his visa? Anyone know what they're doing in LA?

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

^ knowing those two it's staged for a video. As for the VISA thing...visa troubles aren't uncommon, so who knows if that's another fib or not.

I can't believe this guy has/had? a thing with Lottie Moss, how does he bag these women lol
I mean I slightly get it, but at the same time I don't. Maybe you need to know him better in real life to understand.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Sad to hear that Grant is unable to work in the UK anymore. :(

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

I'm really happy he set up the bursary, that girl seemed great.
I never cared much for Grant, but he did seem like a very kind person, it's sad that he can't stay where he feels the best.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

It’s interesting watching Caspar in the come dine with me video Josh uploaded. In that whole big obnoxious bunch he comes across as easily one of the more likeable and mature. Only a few years ago he was unebearably over the top and attention seeking in similar groups. He has grown up very well I’ll say that for him.

(Joe also surprisingly quiet)

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

I am not familiar with musical.ly so I don't know how it is, but if he made 3 videos a week (the motivational Monday and love advice) for youtube it would put him back in the game right away.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

bullying? shut up caspar. he's actually getting called out for this in the replies :rofl: i had forgotten that he can sometimes be a passive aggressive little bitch.
(i'm sure the youtuber truegeordie recently called him out too for messing him around.)

Post by Guest »

I'm torn because I really dislike Jack but I agree that Oli's merch is the absolute worst. I can't say I blame Caspar for sticking up for his friend though, I actually find his loyalty to his friends to be an endearing quality, even if his actions in supporting them are misguided at times. Unfortunately all he really accomplished with his response was drawing more attention to Jack's tweet and thus more attention to how crap Oli's stuff is, lol.

daisy_124
Learner
Learner

Post by daisy_124 »

I don't always get the big deal about merch tbh. Sometimes I agree with Jack, other times he just seems super petty. I mean this whole thing with the hoodies Oli is selling....isn't £25 pretty standard for a hoodie? Like £50 for a bloody advent calendar full of confetti and stickers is one thing, sure. But for clothing, different people have different tastes in design, and £25 quid is nothing out of the ordinary. And if Jack is worried that it's exploiting kids....can't parents just say no?

I don't agree that Jack is bullying Oli, but I do agree with the points Caspar was trying to make - that whether someone likes the hoodie or not is subjective. That nobody is really forcing anyone to buy it. That he really does seem to target the same individuals over and over, instead of making general criticisms that apply to everyone who sells overpriced merch.

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

daisy_124 wrote:I don't always get the big deal about merch tbh. Sometimes I agree with Jack, other times he just seems super petty. I mean this whole thing with the hoodies Oli is selling....isn't £25 pretty standard for a hoodie? Like £50 for a bloody advent calendar full of confetti and stickers is one thing, sure. But for clothing, different people have different tastes in design, and £25 quid is nothing out of the ordinary. And if Jack is worried that it's exploiting kids....can't parents just say no?

I don't agree that Jack is bullying Oli, but I do agree with the points Caspar was trying to make - that whether someone likes the hoodie or not is subjective. That nobody is really forcing anyone to buy it. That he really does seem to target the same individuals over and over, instead of making general criticisms that apply to everyone who sells overpriced merch.
That one instance isn't bullying, but I can see why (especially from a friend's perspective) Jacks continual harassment of Oli would be considered bullying. I know it's mostly just criticism of his merch but the fact that he does it ALL the time when like others have mentioned 25 pounds is pretty regular for a merch hoodie, Jack makes it personal, even going so far as to debate with one of Oli's friends. As someone who is learning specifically about bullying to get a degree in teaching, Jack's actions that repetitively calls out Oli again and again for years it counts as a smaller form of harassment and bullying. And It just isn't seen that way to many because instead of being a stereotypical schoolyard bully he's one that bullies someone else that is doing something wrong (albeit more harmless in comparison because parents can and do say no to overpriced merch), therefore he seems like a Robin Hood of sorts. But remember Robin Hood was still a thief and JackMate is still a bully. Especially if he has a personal grudge against Oli (which I recall someone saying he did) and it's pretty great that Caspar stuck up for Oli. Anyone would want their friends to stick up for them.
Bye bitch :love2:

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

I get that he is being a good friend and standing up for Oli, but if he is going to talk about merch, he really needs to think about what he says. JackMaate is petty af but he has a point. Caspar's replies to him just made him sound dumb. He mentioned other three other youtubers who had nothing to do with the argument and has never interacted with either him or Jack as far as I know. The burger analogy made me cringe. He really isn't good at arguments, he gets emotional, ends up saying stupid shit like 'But Oli is human' and then covers it up with 'we should be more positive'.

Bullying is still a reach. Even his long-time fans were calling him out on it. Jack does seem to have an issue with Oli, but It's really not like he singles Oli out for harassment like Caspar made it seem.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Riz wrote:I get that he is being a good friend and standing up for Oli, but if he is going to talk about merch, he really needs to think about what he says. JackMaate is petty af but he has a point. Caspar's replies to him just made him sound dumb. He mentioned other three other youtubers who had nothing to do with the argument and has never interacted with either him or Jack as far as I know. The burger analogy made me cringe. He really isn't good at arguments, he gets emotional, ends up saying stupid shit like 'But Oli is human' and then covers it up with 'we should be more positive'.

Bullying is still a reach. Even his long-time fans were calling him out on it. Jack does seem to have an issue with Oli, but It's really not like he singles Oli out for harassment like Caspar made it seem.
This is what I meant when I say Caspar lacks any type of hosting / debating skills. If you watch Josh defend him on that guy's blog you can tell that he actually is able to effectively communicate his points, you then realize how petty Jack is and how he slowly sees he has absolutely no argument in the whole situation.

Caspar needs to stop looking for validation, it's clear that he is where he is because of opportunity and how lucky he was to connect with the Brit crew. Caspar could stand with a few classes whether in uni or specialized where he can build his skills. I can't remember if he said he suffers from a LD or anything but he really needs to take the time to really craft a skill. He's a good person, it was nice he gave a scholarship, perhaps his calling lies there? He just needs to keep earning and not give af with the obsession jack has with them.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

I don't think he's looking for validation, he appreciates enough that he was at the right place at the right time. He just needs to stop being impulsive. If he wants to share his opinion about something controversial he needs to think things through and defend his stand, or else keep shut about it like his other friends do.

Return to “The British Crew”