Kiem
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Marcus (Boring) Butler - Part 3

Post by Kiem »

BONTBFW wrote:
adoralfloral wrote:i dont see how its inspirational.
he has a history of morphing his personality to match who he's dating at the time.
this german business will only last till he's dating stefanie
Did anyone even call it inspirational? It’s just a nice thing to do.
Besides I don’t get how that is morphing his personality. He is in Germany all the time because of Stefanie. It makes sense for him to want to learn the language of the country he’s always in, and that his girlfriend speaks.
He does have a history of morphing his personality.
When he was with Niomi he dressed very differently matching Niomi's style, he was also very into working out and vegan diets, now that he's not with Niomi he's devouring the chicken cutlets like there's no tomorrow :rofl:
Since he's been with Stefani he's suddenly very into fashion, being a model and dressing like he's just stepped off a very tacky catwalk... you know, the "edgy high fashion street look" complete with the moronic fashion editorial poses and facial expressions :roll: I mean... just look at his instagram :rofl:

The boy has no personality of his own, he is who he is dating basically... no reason to deny it when it's quite obvious.
Is it sweet that he's learning German for her? Sure it is... nobody's discounting that. Would he continue learning German if their relationshiop ended tomorrow? No, he'll be onto the next one and transforming himself into whatever he has to be to fit the next girl's world.

You can also see it in his videos, check his videos when he was with Niomi... he came off frendlier, warmer, not completely unlikeable. Now compare it to the videos he started making after he started dating Stefani... the ones where he sits in his flat and tears other youtubers apart as if he was a gossip channel, he never made those before... suddenly he became really pretentious, critical and rude. Complete switch of personality, not only dress sense, diet and interests... the boy simply became a completely different person altogether and not a better person either, IMO.

adoralfloral
Talker
Talker

Post by adoralfloral »

Kiem wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:
he has a history of morphing his personality to match who he's dating at the time.
Besides I don’t get how that is morphing his personality. He is in Germany all the time because of Stefanie. It makes sense for him to want to learn the language of the country he’s always in, and that his girlfriend speaks.
When he was with Niomi he dressed very differently matching Niomi's style, he was also very into working out and vegan diets, now that he's not with Niomi he's devouring the chicken cutlets like there's no tomorrow :rofl:
Since he's been with Stefani he's suddenly very into fashion, being a model and dressing like he's just stepped off a very tacky catwalk... you know, the "edgy high fashion street look" complete with the moronic fashion editorial poses and facial expressions :roll: I mean... just look at his instagram :rofl:

The boy has no personality of his own, he is who he is dating basically... no reason to deny it when it's quite obvious.
Is it sweet that he's learning German for her? Sure it is... nobody's discounting that. Would he continue learning German if their relationshiop ended tomorrow? No, he'll be onto the next one and transforming himself into whatever he has to be to fit the next girl's world.

You can also see it in his videos, check his videos when he was with Niomi... he came off frendlier, warmer, not completely unlikeable. Now compare it to the videos he started making after he started dating Stefani... the ones where he sits in his flat and tears other youtubers apart as if he was a gossip channel, he never made those before... suddenly he became really pretentious, critical and rude. Complete switch of personality, not only dress sense, diet and interests... the boy simply became a completely different person altogether and not a better person either, IMO.

EXACTLY!!!
might be low self esteem issues

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Kiem wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:

Cool. I already explained how him learning German just isn’t a good argument for that. Anyone’s interest would go down in learning a new language at 26 if there’s really no more need to. Him learning German is justified. That’s all I was saying, nothing more.

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

lmao he has an ACTUAL JOB now, or is it just a vanity title?

Kiem
Debater
Debater

Post by Kiem »

BONTBFW wrote:
Kiem wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:

Cool. I already explained how him learning German just isn’t a good argument for that. Anyone’s interest would go down in learning a new language at 26 if there’s really no more need to. Him learning German is justified. That’s all I was saying, nothing more.
Cool, and that's your opinion but my opinion is that learning German, however sweet, is his flavour of the year... as is modelling, edgy street fashion, pouty or semi-nude instagrams and the lot. That's just Marcus while Stefani is around.
Just as preppy style, vegan diet, wholesome and friendlier Marcus was the flavour of the year when Niomi was around.
And next year if he's dating a Russian cirque du soleil acrobat he'll be attempting to learn Russian while on a trapeze.

That's the whole point, he molds himself to whoever he's with. He's the memory foam of boyfriends... adapts to your body :rofl:

Sorry that you disagree but in this forum we are allowed to have our own opinions on these youtubers, my opinion is his learning German while really sweet is only a temporary thing, while he's with Stefanie.

Now here, enjoy the juxtaposition of the Marcuses:
Marcus on his preppy, smiley, I'm a vegan and in love with Niomi days
Marcus on his I'm a sour puss model and a German speaking douche in love with Stefanie days

:rofl:

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

adoralfloral wrote:
Kiem wrote:
BONTBFW wrote:

EXACTLY!!!
might be low self esteem issues
No wonder he jumps into a relationship so quick, he's scared of being lonely and not working out who he truly is.

I'm all for people learning languages but it'll be a hell of a learning curve if he's wanting to learn surpass conversational German and learn more medical terminology. Did he say he's taking courses? He may want to do that as well as whatever he is doing.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Well, it may be just me but I think he looks very good these days, better than he has ever looked, really. The beard suits him.

The white bleach hair was the worst phase he has had tbh

unoriginalusername
Talker
Talker

Post by unoriginalusername »

Me: Huh I wonder what Marcus is up to these days
*Checks*
Failing miserably, Exactly the same as when last looked 2 years ago.....

Post by Guest »

At least he's not at Jim's level of failing... THAT'S sad to see (not really)

unoriginalusername
Talker
Talker

Post by unoriginalusername »

JuniperJones wrote:At least he's not at Jim's level of failing... THAT'S sad to see (not really)
Haven't been following Jim since well, ever, never really liked him.
but going to take a wander over to his thread I think.

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

JuniperJones wrote:At least he's not at Jim's level of failing... THAT'S sad to see (not really)
Jim is on another level of flop

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

I think a lot of creators on YouTube are lucky to get a 5 year career if they think they can just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Think how many actors, musicians, etc. have a short window where you see them, and then they're career dies down and they move onto something else.

In contrast to Marcus, I think Jim actually played it better by seeing that his YouTube ship was sinking and moved onto to work with magazines, etc. and continue to do what he was interested in without YouTube. What makes Marcus so hard to watch these days is that it's clear he has no new ideas, but continues to put out terrible video after terrible video that mostly just reminds people to unsubscribe. :?

Frankly, I hope a lot of the Brit Crew have saved some of their YouTube money because I bet most of them will see a massive drop off in the next 5 years unless they change things up. Marcus is proof of that. In 2015 he was getting 10 million views a month, he's barely averaging a million now - that's a 90% decline over just 3 years.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

His video from last week hasn't even crossed 100k :?

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Look how many likes this got...and his views are extremely bad. I understand this is what he wants, but you also need to work out a compromise with your viewers. Plus, he really should just listen to his viewers. His sketches stopped being enjoyable to his viewers (I’ve never cared for them) when he started taking himself too seriously. I don’t think Marcus has a real talent in sketches, so I beg he just stops acting like he does.

Lesya
Learner
Learner

Post by Lesya »

Aaaaand he is now signed with Muse Models NYC. The same agency Stefi is with.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Post by Guest »

Lesya wrote:Aaaaand he is now signed with Muse Models NYC. The same agency Stefi is with.

adoralfloral
Talker
Talker

Post by adoralfloral »

Lesya wrote:Aaaaand he is now signed with Muse Models NYC. The same agency Stefi is with.
wow he really does morph into his significant other. hope for his sake that this relationship lasts??
does he really think he can model tho?
he always looks like he's in pain

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

The people who sign him must be in a bad need for publicity otherwise I can't see what they see in him as a model.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Marcus (Boring) Butler - Part 3

Post by BONTBFW »

Riz wrote:The people who sign him must be in a bad need for publicity otherwise I can't see what they see in him as a model.
Well I rarely ever hear about that agency and I consider myself decently in tune with the modeling industry if that says anything lmao

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Caspar taking the piss out of him being signed hahaha

Return to “The British Crew”