clover123
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Marcus (Boring) Butler - Part 3

Post by clover123 »

Cheesey wrote:He pulls the weirdest faces in his insta posts
erm actually he's doing a highly professional sexy model pose, he's a serious professional model now, didn't you know? :rofl: :rofl:

peasoup
Informer
Informer

Post by peasoup »

Just watched a video of his, it's been years since I paid any attention to him. WTF happened!!! This fashion route that he's trying to go down is laughable. He comes across as a try hard who has no style whatsoever, and puts together the ugliest outfits. The way he speaks is incredibly off putting with an air of inauthenticity. Marcus, leave off-white alone please, it's not for you babes, get a real job.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Kudos to Marcus for his honest and maturity. It took me a few days to get through it but you can really see his growth compared to Alfie then again anyone's growth when compared to Alfie is evident.

catheriney
Learner
Learner

Post by catheriney »

He must be monitoring the comments under the video with Alfie quite closely - can't believe no one mentioned Niomi, considering how not over their relationship people are. Why delete the comments about her, though? I don't know why it bothers me so much, but he did not mention her name, is deleting the comments about her.. I mean, he chose to discuss it and I think he could've done it in a more respectful manner.

Post by Guest »

^ I know this sounds silly but I was a little surprised to hear Alfie mention Niomi by name as opposed to just leaving it as "your previous girlfriend/relationship", like it may be awkward to actually bring her name into it, idk.

PinkBunni
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkBunni »

Tulips wrote:^ I know this sounds silly but I was a little surprised to hear Alfie mention Niomi by name as opposed to just leaving it as "your previous girlfriend/relationship", like it may be awkward to actually bring her name into it, idk.
But why awkward? They are friends, they all know each other. We all would say the same if we were talking with friends.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

his career may be going down the pan but he's looking quite hot at the moment.

Post by Guest »

PinkBunni wrote:
Tulips wrote:^ I know this sounds silly but I was a little surprised to hear Alfie mention Niomi by name as opposed to just leaving it as "your previous girlfriend/relationship", like it may be awkward to actually bring her name into it, idk.
But why awkward? They are friends, they all know each other. We all would say the same if we were talking with friends.
Yeah, it's just that Niomi's not really part of the group anymore and wasn't there herself. Maybe it's just me then.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

Tulips wrote:
PinkBunni wrote:
Yeah, it's just that Niomi's not really part of the group anymore and wasn't there herself. Maybe it's just me then.
technically they're both still a part of sourcebox (marcus was even in a vlog of niomi's once where they were at a meeting together). also last christmas niomi was over at alfie and zoe's and they were all reminiscing and marcus came up by name a couple of times. But in the video I did notice marcus never really said her name, alfie did. And he seems to be closely monitoring the comments lol.

most interesting part tbh was his sarcasm over living together/working together/working out together

Post by Guest »

^ I keep forgetting they still have Sourcedbox together.
They just seem to have moved on so much now that it was a little jarring for me to hear her mentioned in this video, that's all.
It was also strange to hear Alfie remind Marcus that she didn't really want to appear on camera at first in the early days - how things have changed, she seems to love herself on camera now lol and moving in different circles.

PinkBunni
Informer
Informer

Post by PinkBunni »

I noticed it too how he never said Niomi's name. It really makes me wonder what happened between the 2 for him not to acknowledge her at all. Ever. Esp. since they were together for such a long time. I'm on good terms with all of my exes, but we never had a bad break up. So I'm guessing it was something big, maybe cheating from her side.

I actually enjoyed this video with Alfie.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

PinkBunni wrote:I noticed it too how he never said Niomi's name. It really makes me wonder what happened between the 2 for him not to acknowledge her at all. Ever. Esp. since they were together for such a long time. I'm on good terms with all of my exes, but we never had a bad break up. So I'm guessing it was something big, maybe cheating from her side.

I actually enjoyed this video with Alfie.
I imagine it's just that she dumped him and his ego will never be over it. It was very telling when he was the first to move out and he made the depressed breakup announcement video. She also seemed okay for a while in her vlogs while he was more upset. Then, it sort of reversed I think when he got with Steffi until Niomi found Joe. In another video he mentioned having insecurities from past relationships and then in this he mentions how living/working out/working together was a relationship killer. He totally shifts personalities based on who he's dating and he seems super clingy to his girlfriends so I wonder if all that proximity (and the fact that they were young and a clear mismatch) led Niomi to call it and Marcus was hurt by that. I always thought if there was cheating it may have been Marcus texting other girls or something like that. But they seem ok. They both attend gleam events and Niomi has said his name in videos. Also Tanya's annual x-mas party. Still must be crazy awkward though lol.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

I feel like never truly getting over someone dumping you after a 6 year relationship would not have that much to do with ego.

Post by Guest »

This is just pure speculation but it was quite telling to me that they broke up not long after going away to Bali. They seemed so solid as a couple imo until then. They were joking about how hotel staff there assumed they were on honeymoon... I can't help thinking this led to a conversation or possibly an ultimatum about their future together: one was more keen than the other to get married and/or start a family? Idk, maybe I'm thinking too much into it but it isn't unusual to have these 'make or break' holidays. Sorry to bring this up again.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

I used to find Marcus the most unbearable of all the Gleamers back in the day, because I found him immature, stupid and generally not very pleasant. He reminded me of the “cool” boys at school.

Anyway having watched a few of his podcasts plus the one with Alfie I have been reallt surprised by how much he has changed. Partly I think the fella he does the podcast with brings out the best in him but also as others have said it’s obvious with Alfie too. He’s become a lot more thoughtful, intelligent and generally pleasant. Whereas Alfie is stuck in 2013. O still wouldn’t watch any of his videos other than the podcast but thanks god the days of Margaret and similar horrors seem to be well dead and buried.
So good for him.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Agreed on him adapting himself to whoever he is dating, long distance is good for him because he can't cling on too much and Steff has her own career going for her so he is forced to make the best of the time they spend together.

I personally believed he proposed on their last trip together and she said she wasn't ready. After that trip things seemed strained even his vlogging became more forced not to mention they had also planned another trip which Niomi took with her friend instead (was it Mauritius) and I found that interesting because her and Marcus discussed visiting there in one of his previous vlogs.

Also they way they handled the breakup was telling, Marcus buried himself in his work and Niomi started challenging herself with things like being more independent saying she wanted to move to Australia, training for a marathon etc. Things seemed to work out for them because they are with people they enjoy and makes sense to be with them, it's good they went through all this together.

I don't think he mentioned Niomi by name out of respect, they are still business partners and rather than drag each other they opted to be mature and give space to one another.

Did anyone find it weird how not into talking about his relationship Alfie was? I found him very immature, he's talking about being in a relationship for six years yet I got the vibe he sees no future with Zoe, even in his video although he was more interviewing Marcus when Marcus tried to engage in conversation and looked to Alfie to include any relatable advice Alfie spoke in general terms and never said anything about the kids being his and Zoe's, it's always my kids. Anyway, that was an observation.

--------------

ETA:
Tulips wrote:This is just pure speculation but it was quite telling to me that they broke up not long after going away to Bali. They seemed so solid as a couple imo until then. They were joking about how hotel staff there assumed they were on honeymoon... I can't help thinking this led to a conversation or possibly an ultimatum about their future together: one was more keen than the other to get married and/or start a family? Idk, maybe I'm thinking too much into it but it isn't unusual to have these 'make or break' holidays. Sorry to bring this up again.
I read your comment after I posted, I knew I wasn't going crazy and am happy to see someone thought along the same lines.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

LadyBugB wrote: Did anyone find it weird how not into talking about his relationship Alfie was? I found him very immature, he's talking about being in a relationship for six years yet I got the vibe he sees no future with Zoe, even in his video although he was more interviewing Marcus when Marcus tried to engage in conversation and looked to Alfie to include any relatable advice Alfie spoke in general terms and never said anything about the kids being his and Zoe's, it's always my kids. Anyway, that was an observation.
I totally agree on that - it was almost like he did not want to be associated with her at all! I mean, he couldn't be more clear about how he is so not settled (like, when Marcus mentioned that he met his future wive, I almost cringed how obviously Alfie did not mention Zoe) :D If I was Zoe, I would be very sad watching that video...
Of course, Alfie would say that he appreciates their privacy that much that he would not give any information in that interview - however, he does not seem to give a shit about their privacy regarding his work, right?

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Yeah their relationship is about settling vs. love. If anything happened between the two I don't see Alfie fighting to win back Zoe's "love". Frankly, I seem him being so relived. Also, he brought up his relationship from 10 years ago... like that is so odd because 1. it was never on camera 2. at 15 is it even considered a relationship 3. it had nothing to do with the conversation 4. he obviously did it to make it appear as if Zoe wasn't his first gf and 5. he dropped hints of wanting to experience a relationship not in the public eye. Interesting.

Oh and the way he talks about daily vlogging vs his girlfriend is very telling-- not saying he should be flailing over her but he lights up when people question him about daily vlogging, when asked about his gf he's never sure of his answer.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

The way Alfie handled that “chat” with Marcus was embarrassing for Zoe. The way Marcus talked about his relationship with Steffanie in comparison to Alfie about Zoe is...miles different. He keeps using this “it’s been 6 years” excuse, but nah...there is clearly a lack of connection or desire to take the relationship to the next level.

Alfie is very disrespectful of Zoe imo. Idc what people think of her she can do better relationship wise. I hope she watched that interview and noticed how differently Marcus treated Steffanie and his relationship.

Post by Guest »

Well, with Alfie, it's always been clear: #Zalfie was the money bringer, and now that it's not, there's nothing there but a relationship that he's as bored with as the viewers still watching.

Return to “The British Crew”