Marcus (Boring) Butler - Part 3

Re: Marcus (Boring) Butler - Part 3

Post by Guest »

proverbs_ wrote:It appears that he thinks that he is too good or sophisticated as a person to do YouTube anymore - like he wants to have the worship of a proper audience, not only his niche in YouTube consisting mostly of fangirls an 12 year olds. He could work with his channel, developing more sophisticated formats, but unfortunately, it is not enough for him (nor is cashing easy money apparently, e.g. coming up with the second part of the Asos cooperation with his girlfriend).

I get how he wants to develop his brand as a businessman or even as an investor, however, he overestimates himself painfully. He has not an interesting personality, he is not funny and he is certainly not very intelligent - so why worship someone who has nothing going on for him but cashing on clickbait, sitting in his flat doing shitty videos for a living for many years?
No-one minds his opinion anymore, and all he does is blaiming others, while not considering the fact that he got rich on pure luck and networking, nothing else. He believed his own hybris - his worst mistake yet. :)
This. You can see with Jim Chapman, that he's now doing content that he is actually skilled in doing, but these two are in the same camp, in that they sold out for easy money and attracted a young base that has A. Aged out and B. Is not interested in the content they produce, hence the dismal numbers on both their channels.

Of course, the key difference between the two is that Jim actually does have great style and can give advice, even if it is mostly out of touch with his not rich base. Maybe they can team up and Marcus can be his model. Jim gets to talk at length, and Marcus can get undressed and put clothes on. Imagine the gay audience they'd pull in.

Cheesy_Peas
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cheesy_Peas »

I don’t know who ended the relationship, but I think Marcus has seen how well Naomi has done for herself since they’ve split, & is jealous of what she has achieved. Or possibly, he’s realised he messed up with her & could have been more successful if they’d stayed together. It seems like he’s never been truly happy since the split.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Marcus is the type who need to be in a relationship if not to just be in one. I don't think he's ever dedicated time to himself to figure out who he is or what he wants in life.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Cheesy_Peas wrote:I don’t know who ended the relationship
They did! :O

Where did they say? I've been so out of the loop

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

Is he still close with any of the gleam squad? (Not nimbobs obviously)

1980shairscrunchie
Debater
Debater

Post by 1980shairscrunchie »

Someone told me that he removed any and all YouTube content that involved Naomi ages ago and I went and looked and he has certainly.

I can’t imagine being wiped from someone’s entire online life! Considering she spent what - 6 or 8 years with this man?

Since she’s left his life it’s been a sad decline of video content. It’s obvious he’s not comfortable with his new gf because he puts on some kind of act anytime she’s around on his videos.
The fact that his most popular videos are wherein he has a woman in it with him should be a good indication that he’s become far too dull to handle the spotlight alone.

Does this guy hang out with anyone from his management team or ?

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Marcus has three friends. That magician, Matt, and Stefanie

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

I wonder if he is secretly glad that his GF did not get the call back from VS :?
I think he would start developing issues with her being that much more famous than him. He might looking forward to the day when both do not depend on being Influencers anymore :D

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Did Stef think she was VS material or...

Post by Guest »

proverbs_ wrote:I wonder if he is secretly glad that his GF did not get the call back from VS :?
I think he would start developing issues with her being that much more famous than him. He might looking forward to the day when both do not depend on being Influencers anymore :D

Influencing what, though? :|

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

LadyBugB wrote:Did Stef think she was VS material or...
Well, at least she was invited to the official castings (for the second time I think).

However, I think it is nowadays part of VS`s marketing strategy considering the way they project the models' entries to the castings, which is super open with paparazzi on the front door, whereas it used to be super secretive and selective. I think they invite Influencers/YouTuber-Models with a large following for the exposure, without casting them for the show in the end. It is a win-win- situation PR-wise. :)

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

proverbs_ wrote:I wonder if he is secretly glad that his GF did not get the call back from VS :?
But what would they do? They don't have any talents or qualifications other than pimping out their own images. Even for Steffi, Instagram/influencing is a lot bigger than her modeling work. And Marcus is even worse. They both have three or four million followers on Instagram, so I think it's their best bet. Or are they already so secure financially that they will be able to retire in the near future?

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Dandelion wrote:
But what would they do? They don't have any talents or qualifications other than pimping out their own images. Even for Steffi, Instagram/influencing is a lot bigger than her modeling work. And Marcus is even worse. They both have three or four million followers on Instagram, so I think it's their best bet. Or are they already so secure financially that they will be able to retire in the near future?
Well, I guessed that they would do what Marcus is currently already trying to do (as well as it seems Zoe and Alfie) - settling for a life off as investors; stocks, shares and real estate; founding (hopefully successful) companies and living of other people's work, which makes them money without having to be in the spotlight.
I have the feeling that you need around 10-15 years to be secure financially (considering smart investments during your "good" times, like flats around London, stocks, shares of companies, etc.), so Marcus will have to milk his channels around 2-5 more years - I don't know if he realizes it though :D

Steffi will have to be around for many more years, as she only started a few years ago, which sucks for Marcus, especially considering that she is much more successful :D However, I expect Steffi to find a job as a host in German TV in one of the more youthful channels - it worked for others having a similar "career" from Germany's next Topmodel, so she would stay in the media. She could also do a bit of Dancing with the Stars, and all those other celebrity reality formats first.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

LadyBugB wrote:Did Stef think she was VS material or...
She was either sent by her agency or specifically invited. Doesn’t have anything to do with what she thinks really.

fetita
Debater
Debater

Post by fetita »

Cheesey wrote:Is he still close with any of the gleam squad? (Not nimbobs obviously)
Your answer:

Cu moartea toate diferențele dispar.
English not first language, apologies for error.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Gist?

Post by Guest »

horatio wrote:Gist?
Blah blah people change blah blah the old crew should hang out more and reunite blah blah Louise is 33 and apparently that's old blah blah doing videos you love vs. doing videos the viewers want to see.

Marcus and Louise weren't the two I would have pegged as ending up the closest, but it works for them. It wasn't a bad interview, it just got stale around the end when you realize there was no real tea.

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

Subtle shade in the new JustMarcus video? He gives a weird response regarding cheating. I know there was lots of speculation that he cheated and niomi ended the relationship//the reverse situation, etc...

[video][/video]

Post by Guest »

How to handle a long distance relationship ? Be rich and see each other every week....

So relatable Marcus. Doesn't he realize that most people in long distance relationship have to spend months apart ? Painful to watch

Post by Guest »

[youtube][/youtube]

So was his lack of self-awareness to his own flashiness apparent to anyone else? Because I was side-eyeing so hard, the right one just popped out and watched the video next to me

Return to “The British Crew”