Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jack Dean

Post by RoNation »

Monster_Guru33 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 am
I hate the fact that Mark Kermode likes this guy and has him on as a recurring guest on his podcast.
That’s Jack Howard you’re thinking of. This topic is about JaackMaate

Post by Guest »

Would love to see Jack discuss Jeffree Star's rip-off merch. Crappy brushes that you can get from AliExpress for half the price (and fans are posting pics of them looking like garbage after just one wash) and a set of metal straws for $20 that you can get from Amazon for less than $5. But I know he doesn't have it in him to go after someone who's as popular as Jeffree is at the moment, or at least someone who has friends like Shane Dawson who could ruin him with one tweet.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

RoNation wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:38 am
Monster_Guru33 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:14 am
I hate the fact that Mark Kermode likes this guy and has him on as a recurring guest on his podcast.
That’s Jack Howard you’re thinking of. This topic is about JaackMaate
:rofl: Oh what a moron I am. Sorry about that. Keep on rolling.

Post by Guest »

So Jaackmaate just called ImAllexx out (fairly not harshly) bottling it in that Alfie Deyes podcast. Alex kicked off in a livestream and then it turned into subtweeting each other until they were best mates again the next day.

As bowling for soup once said:
High School never ends!

Merpedy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Merpedy »

The entire video was basically him just saying he should have been on the panel, it's so unprofessional even for a fucking YouTuber.

db677
Lurker
Lurker

Jack Dean

Post by db677 »

That debate video with Alex I liked at first, I thought “this is refreshing to see a nice calm discussion” in comparison to that Alfie nonsense. But as it went on Jack kept contradicting and covering himself in such an awkward way. Saying he was not offended by anything ever, though he so clearly was in the way he brought things up. I felt like I could sense the ego bubbling under the surface. I felt sorry for Alex, he hasn’t done much wrong and is clearly a bit fragile about his job. Jack made it impossible for him to get any “win” in the argument. Even when he did hold his hands up he did it with a load of excuses, it just all seemed so defensive and passive aggressive.

I generally like his videos, I’m good with anyone who talks clearly about the gleam-bots. But his pursuit of fame is a bit disturbing and just makes him seem sour.

Also he refers to himself as being “very intelligent” far too often. I don’t know many “very intelligent” people who need to remind you of that fact so openly.

He also mentioned that he doesn’t make videos and just plays video games if he doesn’t feel like it. Part of me thinks “fair enough” but another part of me is very aware of how immature it is to treat your job like that. The people he rips apart at least have a schedule and run it like a business. It seems to me that a lot of it comes down to him wanting easy fame, easy money. I feel sorry for his girlfriend coming back to him slacking around and then going off on some “I’m so so so clever” monologue.

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

While I don´t always agree with Jasckmaates videos/opinions I have to defend him and his wording when it comes to the Alfie podcast.

Alex clearly (!) did bottle it and that has (in my opinion) even only been a mild critique from Jacks side.

I hated the podcast and was really disappointed in how Alex and the other guy (more Alex though) behaved towards Alfie...like little ass-kissers.
I totally felt the same about it as Jack and totally understood his "frustration".

Coffee4Me
Debater
Debater

Post by Coffee4Me »

Apparently Alex said Alfie had a bunch of stuff on Jack that could ruin him? They both briefly mention it on the follow-up Happy Hour podcast with Jack pleading for those people to just "Say it, just say it"... wonder what Alfie/those people have on Jack?

byronbok
Wanderer
Wanderer

Jack Dean

Post by byronbok »

I like it a lot. Its pretty standard for Jack White but I really like the use of a full band and the female background singers. It seems that live he has two full bands, a male and female one. Hes also playing songs from all his previous bands/projects. I am a sucker for Jack White though.

hanna_marie
Learner
Learner

Post by hanna_marie »

It's so weird to see Jack have 1.1 million subscribers on Youtube. I went to first and middle school with him (and possibly high school but I don't remember), and lived near to him too. :o

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

CONFESS!
What was he like? Nice? Nasty?
Juicy details please.

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

Monster_Guru33 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:34 am
CONFESS!
What was he like? Nice? Nasty?
Juicy details please.
I would also like to know how he was like (in real life)?
Details please ;)

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

Currently it seems as if he is lacking ideas big time.

He very rarely posts a video on his main channel. He seems to prefer the podcasts where he can present himself as an interviewer instead of the mocker.

Jack seems to struggle a bit with his role as the funny judgemental youtube drama guy.

The more followers he gained the less frequent and juicy were his uploads. He seemed to have become more aware of the other side and therefore a bit scared to make a mistake or to fool with the wrong people.

He also seemed to have grown up a bit (good for him) and this only pointing out flaws and drama in others doesn´t come naturally to him anymore or lets say he may have started to overthink his words / strong opinions to a point where a "light drama version" wouldn´t be funny enough so he just leaves it as it is.

When he does post a video on his main channel it is not so much about fellow britsh youtubers but rather about trash TV or more international youtubers ("more far away" if that makes sense, English isn´t my first language).

I personally miss his videos about the british crew aka the gleamers. They were on point and really funny - still hope for a battle between Alfie and Jack ;-)

Return to “The British Crew”