Jack Dean

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jack Dean

Post by EST »

I feel like Jack Dean / JaackMaate should have a thread on here. Here's his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Bjnj ... yN3Iw5mN0Q

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Jack Dean

Post by CoralCat »

Love him so much <3

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

I really don't like him. Some individual videos are OK, particularly his more recent content and collabs. But I don't like his fake personality and his entire shtick. It's obvious how much he has tried to imitate Ricky Gervais - right down to the boring tweets.

He's certainly found his gimmick in calling out bigger YouTubers. That's where he shines, but he's merely repeating a lot of the criticisms floating around in Youtube comments and websites like this one; not very original IMO. And slightly embarrassing because he's so transparent in his own quest for fame and recognition.

Whitesand
Informer
Informer

Post by Whitesand »

Honestly I appreciate anyone creating content that isn't "(blah blah) challenge!" "(Insert relationship status) vs boyfriend/girlfriend" "(insert sponsor here) haul" so I really like the guy.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

sometimes i love him

[youtube][/youtube]

smudger
Talker
Talker

Post by smudger »

I'm not a fan of the Gervais shtick, but in fairness Jack does acknowledge it. I appreciate that he can take the piss out of himself, and he is doing the Lord's work in calling out these Gleambots etc. I quite like him, and today's video was excellent.

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

[youtube][/youtube]
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

Post by Guest »

The jump cut style is super annoying, but I do like his content for the most part. He's one of a few with a sizeable audience that calls out these Gleamsicles for what they are: money-hungry fame whores who don't care about their fans

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

I like Jack. Fundamentally, he's honest and my favourite content of his is probably actually his podcast. He's had some decent guests on there and he doesn't really shy away from anything whilst never actually coming across as disrespectful.

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

Seems like the only decent youtuber who's calling other youtubers out for what they really are.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

hazh wrote:He's certainly found his gimmick in calling out bigger YouTubers. That's where he shines, but he's merely repeating a lot of the criticisms floating around in Youtube comments and websites like this one; not very original IMO. And slightly embarrassing because he's so transparent in his own quest for fame and recognitio
This.

He just seems like a pewdiepie ripoff to me, calling out other 'mainstream' youtubers in edgy rants. Only he can afford to be less censored because he's got a lot less people watching him.

I have watched him on and off over the years, and it's hilarious how he has retracted a lot of his original opinions. I understand that opinions change, but he used to be dead against youtuber merch, but as soon as he had his own merch out he was like 'youtuber merch is okay as long as you create the stuff you sell' which is just absurd in so many ways. No one can 100% create stuff all on their own unless you expect youtubers to make DIY handcrafts for their viewers. So apparently, Oli White selling a tshirt with his name on it is not okay, but him selling a tshirt with a cartoon picture of himself is okay just because he has drawn it himself.

Also he used to rant so much about youtubers writing books but now he has a book out himself? Hypocritical much? :roll: And he is like, books are okay as long as you have written it yourself, which I get but it isn't what he originally said (though his book is like dead cheap compared to others so I shouldn't be complaining)

Calling out is fine, but I just don't like the way he keeps changing his opinions.

I do enjoy his podcasts, but his shouting just ruins the videos for me.

Post by Guest »

Don't let Jack Dean fool you, he has a really bad case of sour grapes. He started making call out videos against youtubers because he was jealous that they got famous and he didn't. I used to follow him back in the day and he was trying to get all the same types of deals all the other youtubers were (if you dig back far enough in his tweets you can actually see him beg big youtubers to retweet his video links, give him shoutout, collab with him, ask brands to sponsor him, etc).

He's figured out he gets the most views by dissing other youtubers. But even if the diss is justified, if your intentions were really just to expose them for the "sake of the exploited children" you wouldn't do it in a way that you make money off it or gain exposure from. He is smart and he knows how to play the game just as well as the other youtubers do. He just uses their flaws and wrongdoings as built in content, which is not creative or original. And like others have mentioned, when youtubers diss other youtubers for selling merch they get over that really quickly when they finally have people interested in buying theirs, and they'll make every excuse as to why their stuff is better than others.

And not to mention he posts things like this (fyi this isn't an old tweet, it's from earlier this year):

I mean okay, you're attracted to who you're attracted to, but why post it on twitter? i'm sure he wouldn't walk up to an overweight woman and just say "I find you really unattractive" but by posting it that's basically what he said to all the overweight women who follow him. And trust me, there's been lots of posts where he's rude about overweight women and even some misogynistic tweets.

elizabethhtaylor
Learner
Learner

Post by elizabethhtaylor »

idk. I think it's good that he's calling other youtubers out but I find him insanely cringy and a carbon copy of Ricky Gervais.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Now that you mention it sunnyb123, I can think of a lot of problematic things he says even in his videos (especially his older ones)

He seems exactly the type of person who would be all pro-feminism, pro-LGBTQ neo liberal on the internet but doesn't give women the respect they deserve in real life.

Post by Guest »

This cunt does ma fucking box in and if I wasn't needing to get up and get ready for ma work right now, I'd write a big long fucking paragraph of ma feelings towards him exactly. (I will do it on ma phone when I'm on my break but I just want to save the thread too)

Absolute fucking plant pot.

smudger
Talker
Talker

Post by smudger »

It seems the rush of fame has gone to his head a bit. And I do wonder how much he's paying to rent a space firmly up Gervais' arse?

Post by Guest »

smudger wrote:It seems the rush of fame has gone to his head a bit. And I do wonder how much he's paying to rent a space firmly up Gervais' arse?
It won't last. The one thing about being a relatively small channel is that only your core audience really interacts with you. But once you start gaining traction, more detractors come along, ready to pick apart your every word and video. It's the natural order of things with content police on YouTube... eventually they themselves become content policed.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I watched his two pod casts with Ricky Gervais and loved it. I actually don't know much about Ricky Gervais at all but I do know he's very famous and successful in his field so I'm so surprised that Jack, who I consider as a medium, almost small time youtuber got him on his podcast! I think the podcast didn't get a huge amount of views even with Ricky on it so I'm surprised he got other actual celebrities on it. I do like his podcasts.

Has anyone watched his podcast about his "stalker" / possible pedophile??? I find that story SO f***ing weird. I'm actually terrified that the same guy was 'friends' with his father, uncles, and cousins without any of them knowing until Jack made that video and talked to his father. I kind of wish that he'll get his father back on the podcast and talk about that guy. It's super f***ing weird! And the fact that he found a kid of facebook who actually when on vacation with that guy!

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

The more you watch him the less likable he becomes. As mentioned above he takes the piss out of the bigger youtubers because he is jealous since he didn´t make it "back in the days". He was on Big Brother and on a TV-show called Hotel of mum and dad (he mentions it himself) so he quite obiously wants to be famous, no matter what. His videos aren´t bad (actually some of them are really good) but he isn´t better than any of them he just hasn´t had the opportunity / connections. Also he looked at bit retarded before his jaw surgery so very good for him having that done. What a difference!

aehn
Informer
Informer

Post by aehn »

Oh and his sudden increase in subscribers totally gets to his head...he shoud write a thank-you card to Zoella. :)

(English isn´t my first language, I hope translate it correctly...I get the impression that he would row back and be like all nice when meeting some of the bigger youtubers like Alfie or Zoe in person.)

Return to “The British Crew”