WillNE

hazh
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WillNE

Post by hazh »

WillNE (Will Lenney) has nearly half a million subscribers and he's a rising 'YouTube star' - I'm sure he'll have over a million by the end of this year. Anyone else here watch his videos? (If not take a look.)

I like his 'This Week On The Internet' series and most of his videos are quality content. He's done well to latch onto growing trends e.g. BGM. However I feel he's increasingly obsessed with being noticed or referenced by other YouTubers or people on Twitter. :roll: His recent videos nearly always mention some lame video where he's "called out" or some unfunny 'parody account' - as if he and his channel are really important. He actively courts the attention. But then, I suppose being a huge self-publiciser will help him go far!

wendy whaleiams
Debater
Debater

Re: WillNE

Post by wendy whaleiams »

I think he's a nice guy tbh but the Jack thing was unexpected well at least from Will Jack seems like he likes to talk shit :?

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

I actually like him!

:tu:
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

brookesox
Learner
Learner

Post by brookesox »

I used to watch Will religiously, but his content has started to feel forced now that he seems to be making less interesting, repetitive content and he's obsessed with numbers

aidil
Talker
Talker

Post by aidil »

I've not watched much of Will recently for the same reasons as above... BUT I really enjoyed his roundup of 2017 despite the Caspar/KSI cameos. He should film more with Stephen, they're a decent double act!

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

just read a profile of him on vice and it's kinda brutal.

The Lonely Life of a Professional YouTuber

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

EST wrote:just read a profile of him on vice and it's kinda brutal.

The Lonely Life of a Professional YouTuber
I don't think it's "brutal"; the writer doesn't seem to be bashing Will. Yet the picture the article paints does seem rather sad, antisocial and unhealthy in the longterm. I hope his success doesn't fall quickly.

aidil
Talker
Talker

Post by aidil »

He did a response video to this last night. However, his situation isn’t too dissimilar to anyone else striking out in a particular career - my job takes over my life right now but I enjoy it so it’s not necessarily a negative!

poppledops
Talker
Talker

Post by poppledops »

I like him. I don’t think his “obsession with numbers” is really a bad thing because it shows he cares about his content and he deserves more subs than some of the big youtubers that do fuck all for their viewers.

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

Following because I've only recently found him. Does anyone else find Will attractive?
Some of the videos are 'meh' like when he's just reading off the internet. But then there are bits I find really funny.

redskies
Lurker
Lurker

Post by redskies »

I think he's quite funny.
Also this tweet he liked popped up on my timeline:
https://twitter.com/cerilouise05/status ... 32544?s=09
Not sure if I linked that right but woah the size of his pupils, and all the replies pointing it out lol. I'm sure he did have a good night.

Post by Guest »

I think he's class, great to have a good Geordie YouTuber getting some recognition for once :tu:

muppjay
Debater
Debater

Post by muppjay »

really like him! seems intelligent and like when he collabs. Like Stephen tries as well, but don't like his sketches

Return to “The British Crew”