Michael Pearce

login_or_sign_up
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Michael Pearce

Post by login_or_sign_up »

I have never cringed so fucking hard as I did watching him throw a tantrum in Josh's new video over the prank that someone had uploaded his video on another channel. Like imagine being in your 20s and acting like a 3 year old who didnt get a cookie over a youtube video. I'm so embarrassed for him omg.

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by ClipClap »

That video was so odd. Like I don't understand how he flipped that much.

I get taking things seriously and having a work ethic (which is something I don't get from him), but also he didn't write, direct, edit it which means he just turned up in his video. So why get so mad that he throws his phone?
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Here's Mikey working hard on a weekday afternoon Image

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

I don't like him, I can barley tolerate him in Jack and Joe's video's so I wont subscribe to him, I'm just going to watch them if jack, Conor or Joe is in them.

his voice and smile just irritate me to no end.
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

I think it was in Caspar's Thorpe Park vlog, but Conor basically said he was bored which is why he does the videos for Mikey.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

ClipClap wrote:I think it was in Caspar's Thorpe Park vlog, but Conor basically said he was bored which is why he does the videos for Mikey.
I don't know why I heard born, but he was talking about coming up with the idea. Pretty sure he was joking though.

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

Does he split his profit with Conor then, since he is doing.. pretty much everything.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Conor goes on holiday and it all falls apart :lol:

From twitter:
- He said his video would be up at 7pm. Then he says he’s ‘still working’ (Conor is?) on it, so 2 videos in and he’s already doing a Q&A.
- 7pm becomes 7.30pm
- The video is then ‘just coming’ at 7.30pm.
- After 8pm he says he’s uploading.

His mess of a video appears at 8.30pm. He talks way too fast & too loud, the jump cuts are all over the place, but then he leaves in the ending of him switching the camera off.

I see he’s learned from from certain YT mates how to leave everything until the last minute and do a rushed job :roll:
ElizabethMarks wrote:Does he split his profit with Conor then, since he is doing.. pretty much everything.
Oh. I wonder if he realises that his channel doesn't appear to be enabled for monetisation? :rofl:

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

WHY IS HE SHOUTING SO MUCH?

That was painful to watch.

Est, why do you think it's not monetized? Because he only made his account the other week? I thought that wasn't a hard limit but could be overuled on a case by case basis and seeing the guys know people at Google I'm sure that'll be sorted.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

^ I don't think any of the videos have had ads on them, but it seems fixed now...

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

Yeah, been seeing ads all along.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

I haven't watched his or any of their vids they just released, but a q&a in the beginning ain't so bad if it's informative or gives people a feel for who you are.

phansthething
Learner
Learner

Post by phansthething »

not gonna lie, can't stand this guy. its a shame too, i miss so many videos with the Maynards, Josh, Caspar and Joe. Josh isn't my favorite but he's tolerable. Jack and Conor are great and I enjoy all of their stuff, Caspar is quite boring, same for Joe but they both are attractive and worth watching. Mikey though, I've tried to watch a video with him and closed out within a few seconds. Only video I watched all the way through with him in it was him being worse than my bratty cousin in Josh's prank video. He should stay off youtube imo :roll:

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Apparently he's been to a 'boot camp' and lost 17 "ilbs" in 12 days! :o Now I don't know a lot about crash dieting and boot camps, but that seems like a lot. I don't know if that's a healthy amount of weight to lose in a short space of time - I would hope he sticks to a consistently healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet instead of starving himself.

CoralCat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CoralCat »

hazh wrote:Apparently he's been to a 'boot camp' and lost 17 "ilbs" in 12 days! :o Now I don't know a lot about crash dieting and boot camps, but that seems like a lot. I don't know if that's a healthy amount of weight to lose in a short space of time - I would hope he sticks to a consistently healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet instead of starving himself.
A lot of it will be water weight - you can go on a crash diet and lose a couple of pounds in a day or two purely from water.
The food there probably had the right nutrients to give a sort of natural laxative effect too.

Chances are good he won't look that much different and will gain most of it back by this time next month, most likely sooner

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Mikey's been looking very svelte and slim recently. :) His workout and diet has been working.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

i love how in his new video he talks about his dad having a friend who's some big shot in the chinese government who could get him out of jail like it's a normal thing. lmao this kid is so blind to his privilege. i wish i had parents who could help me every time i mess up.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

lmao i'm so glad every comment is tearing him apart on his new smash or pass video

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

tctp wrote:lmao i'm so glad every comment is tearing him apart on his new smash or pass video
I'm glad people are calling him out. Isn't he signed with gleam? I'd have thought they'd be up their arse by now deleting comments.

On another note, he just had the worst of it. Pewdiepie and KSI did this video as well and I was surprised to see they hardly got any hate for it. KSI's was way worse than Mikey's, and his comments section is pretty positive (there was one girl who tried to call him out, and there were like 50 of his fans, all men of course, who pounced at her throat for it, it was so sad really) Maybe it's because of their audience? Mikey's audience is just underage fangirls who come from Joe and Jack, but I'm really happy to see there aren't sucking into his crap and defending him.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

Riz wrote:
tctp wrote:lmao i'm so glad every comment is tearing him apart on his new smash or pass video
I'm glad people are calling him out. Isn't he signed with gleam? I'd have thought they'd be up their arse by now deleting comments.

On another note, he just had the worst of it. Pewdiepie and KSI did this video as well and I was surprised to see they hardly got any hate for it. KSI's was way worse than Mikey's, and his comments section is pretty positive (there was one girl who tried to call him out, and there were like 50 of his fans, all men of course, who pounced at her throat for it, it was so sad really) Maybe it's because of their audience? Mikey's audience is just underage fangirls who come from Joe and Jack, but I'm really happy to see there aren't sucking into his crap and defending him.
he's not signed with gleam. i think he's with another management firm. i don't think he wanted to wait around with josh and jack for a few months before gleam offered them a contract. but it is a nice contrast with the gleam team that none of his comments seem to be getting deleted.

yeah i think it's just the difference in audience. pewdiepie and ksi have a much higher percent of male viewers than mikey, and i get the feeling that their audiences might be a bit older too. i think the women/girls who watch pewdiepie and ksi might be a little less likely to call them out on sexism because they don't want to be attacked in the comment section for being whiny feminists. it's much easier to pretend to be cool with that stuff.

i'm really glad that mikey's audience (which is probably much younger) is pushing back against the video. it gives me a lot of hope for the way young girls are seeing their worth. i've noticed a lot of sexism within the whole buttercream gang before, and i'm glad that in this instance at least, mikey isn't getting away with it. i do sort of find it frustrating though that he hasn't addressed any of the backlash that he's gotten in the comments and on twitter. hopefully he mentions it in his next video because obviously a lot of his viewers were uncomfortable.

Return to “The British Crew”