Josh Pieters

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Josh Pieters

Post by halkatlaa »

Well something that I never thought would happen happened today...
I laughed at a Josh Pieters video...

I actually liked all the video's that he did with Simon and Callux! :o
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

OMG yes! I found his video the funniest, actually!

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

And Josh also endeared himself to me in Simon's video by taking the first question seriously and actually saying it was a serious issue. Honestly, it may have been the first non-misogynistic comment re: women/girls on a Sideman's channel

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

Yep, his video was the funniest for me, I actually laughed. :D

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

I have been somewhat impressed with his recent content. His videos are well-edited and semi-entertaining, his vlogs are fun to watch too. He puts the same effort into his content as Joe circa 2014. But it all feels very formulaic - like he's going through the motions. His BFF, Caspar started off making silly videos to a small audience; he collaborated with the right people and luckily made it big. Josh realised that his professional cricketing was over before it really began, looked at Caspar's success and realised he could make a quick buck. He's hitting the right themes, working with the right people, making all the right moves, and taken the Oli White approach of mimicking Joe.

Now I'm not overly cynical; I realise he probably does really enjoy making videos and hanging around Youtubers. He was basically friends with them before he started his channel (though he's definitely on the peripheral of the friendship group) so making videos alongside them seems rational enough. His entire persona and shtick comes across as a bit superficial though. I just can't fully enjoy his videos for that reason. :(

Radcorrie
Learner
Learner

Post by Radcorrie »

To be honest, I like Josh. He seems like quite a sweet lad, he just wanted to get in on what his friends where doing. He seems a lot more realistic and human compared to his friends. He's still very much a novice --- but I think he's been thrown into this world of Youtube without much experience, people shouldn't be so hard on him. It's pretty clear that he's not a loud character (*cough* Alfie Deyes *cough*), he's just a little bit different -- which should be a good thing right? And personally out of all of the Joe's, the Alfie's etc I think he's quite attractive.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Josh announced he's moving out (at least I think that's what he was saying behind the way-too-loud music). I always got an awkward impression from the living arrangement with Conor and Jack. He was always complaining.

He's probably moving into a flat of his own - his family are really rich, so he can afford it.

wendy whaleiams
Debater
Debater

Post by wendy whaleiams »

hazh wrote:He's probably moving into a flat of his own - his family are really rich, so he can afford it.
Really? I never really got that impression, but I never really paid attention. I wonder why he didn't get an actual camera at first and had to get oli's old one?? :?

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

WolfieCindy wrote:
hazh wrote:He's probably moving into a flat of his own - his family are really rich, so he can afford it.
Really? I never really got that impression, but I never really paid attention. I wonder why he didn't get an actual camera at first and had to get oli's old one?? :?
I think he moved in with Caspar honestly.
His family is rich, but it never seemed like they just fed him all the way. He was living with Joe and Caspar for like a year, and Caspar let him work for him so he could get money.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

WolfieCindy wrote:
I think he moved in with Caspar honestly.
His family is rich, but it never seemed like they just fed him all the way. He was living with Joe and Caspar for like a year, and Caspar let him work for him so he could get money.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

His new bachelor pad looks really similar to Caspar's apartment. I think it's in the same building.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

hazh wrote:His new bachelor pad looks really similar to Caspar's apartment. I think it's in the same building.
It's the same place, but he's Caspar's roommate :rofl:
That's why they were joking about him being able to afford it.

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

hazh wrote:his family are really rich, so he can afford it.
BONTBFW wrote:His family is rich, but
his family is rich? how do we know? lmao he was like homeless in london not too long ago :P surprising

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Weird Vagina wrote:
hazh wrote:his family are really rich, so he can afford it.
BONTBFW wrote:His family is rich, but
his family is rich? how do we know? lmao he was like homeless in london not too long ago :P surprising
His dad owns a very successful restaurant in Knysna and his mum runs an interior design studio. They live in a huge house in what is basically a gated community (the Knysna Quays). And they sent their kids to a private school. Basically they're standard rich White South Africans.

After he was forced to abandon cricketing, Josh was able to bum around for a year (ostensibly working on Caspar's clothing store) because he probably had a bit of a financial safety net.

meangirl
Debater
Debater

Post by meangirl »

Both Josh and Caspar are from standard rich white south african family

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

Y'all are complaining that he's only successful because of Joe and Caspar but choose to ignore that that's how the world works
Joe Sugg became famous because of Zoe and Alfie
Cara Delevigne, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid all had connections, in fact almost every Victoria Secret model became successful through connections except Miranda Kerr and she won a competition that got her known, she didn't start from no where either
Thats how so many people become lawyers, doctors, actors, singers, etc...

To become successful in the entertainment industry you pretty much HAVE to know somebody, very few make it solely from hard work, even collabing on youtube can count as using other peoples fame to become more successful
AND ONCE AGAIN THATS HOW JOE STARTED OUT AND GOT HIS FIRST FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND SUBSCRIBERS

Fair enough if people here are saying they don't like him for his content, thats your own opinion but if you're going to dislike him because you think he is feeding off of others fame but like Joe or any other youtuber that has ever collabed then you need to stfu and gtfo
Bye bitch :love2:

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

LauraMongeau wrote:Y'all are complaining that he's only successful because of Joe and Caspar but choose to ignore that that's how the world works
Joe Sugg became famous because of Zoe and Alfie
Cara Delevigne, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid all had connections, in fact almost every Victoria Secret model became successful through connections except Miranda Kerr and she won a competition that got her known, she didn't start from no where either
Thats how so many people become lawyers, doctors, actors, singers, etc...

To become successful in the entertainment industry you pretty much HAVE to know somebody, very few make it solely from hard work, even collabing on youtube can count as using other peoples fame to become more successful
AND ONCE AGAIN THATS HOW JOE STARTED OUT AND GOT HIS FIRST FEW HUNDRED THOUSAND SUBSCRIBERS

Fair enough if people here are saying they don't like him for his content, thats your own opinion but if you're going to dislike him because you think he is feeding off of others fame but like Joe or any other youtuber that has ever collabed then you need to stfu and gtfo
Do you think being a YouTube creator is really comparable to being a lawyer, doctor, actor or singer? :lol:

wendy whaleiams
Debater
Debater

Post by wendy whaleiams »

Offtopic: pls tell me mongeau is ur real last name and ur not a Tana stan......

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

His last prank felt fake

wendy whaleiams
Debater
Debater