So is he dating the Eva girl now?

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caspar Lee

Post by BONTBFW »

Riz wrote:So is he dating the Eva girl now?
doubt it. she ain't his type lol

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

BONTBFW wrote:
doubt it. she ain't his type lol
not blonde?! maybe he has branched out

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

If you mean MyLifeasEva then no. She has a boyfriend.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

miserlou wrote:If you mean MyLifeasEva then no. She has a boyfriend.
No not mylifeaseva. He recently did a video where he went on a date with a girl named Eva. I'm pretty sure they're not dating either lol.

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

I don't think so. It was obviously a sponsored video, and they just reused Josh's video idea that he did with WillNE's sister (I think, it was definitely someone's sister). Caspar probably just knew her somehow and used her in the video (it seemed very scripted)
It'd be nice to see him change from his usual type, plus she seemed nice. But I doubt it
Bye bitch :love2:

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

LauraMongeau wrote:
I don't think so. It was obviously a sponsored video, and they just reused Josh's video idea that he did with WillNE's sister (I think, it was definitely someone's sister). Caspar probably just knew her somehow and used her in the video (it seemed very scripted)
It'd be nice to see him change from his usual type, plus she seemed nice. But I doubt it
Honestly i don't think so either but with Caspar it wouldn't surprise me. He seems like whilst he is a player, he is such a lover boy for all his girlfriends and is sooo into them

mg95
Informer
Informer

Post by mg95 »

it's amazing how semi-intelligent he can sound when he actually tries hard. his latest video about youtuber money wasn't as dumbed-down as his usual content. I also respect that he fully admitted to being a millionaire, something the rest of his friends all shy away from

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Caspar made his first million pounds at 21 years old. That is insane, and he's very lucky. I can't imagine what Zoe's bank account is looking like.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

^ lol people are already onto that video, xD

(don't know how to embed, soz)

I thought he sounded really dumb when he said 'youtubers provide jobs to millions of people' like, lol what? The workers at the printing factory don't get paid extra for printing youtubers' books, and the people delivering those books don't either. The only people who benifit from book sales are the youtubers and the publishers (correct me if I'm wrong?)

and it's great that he uses a large portion of his income for charity things (like honestly, it's great) but Zoella doesn't...? (except the occasional thing that that gleam forces her to do) Most of the people he associates with doesn't? I missed the part where Zoella 'worked so hard', she holes herself up in her massive millionaire house and films the last minute video on Sunday while I work 10-5 to feed myself. Yes, youtubers just sit in their rooms and film and edit the basic weekly video. Like seriously, Caspar seemed to be on permanent holiday before Influencer came up. Joe doesn't even edit his own videos. I'm sorry, but I really don't get the part of youtubers 'working hard'. And yes, they do manipulate younger fans who don't know better into buying their shit.

The positivity thing is great, but I don't agree with the general message of the video. Just another youtuber 'explaining' and trying to justify their 'success', and the same old whinging 'why can't we have more positivity?' Hey, maybe 'non-positive people' just don't suck up to your asses, and hey, maybe they have a point.

(honestly I love Caspar, he's one of the least problematic people on youtube, but since he's speaking for zoella and the community as a whole, um :roll: )

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

I respect Caspar for making his latest video, but I also struggle to take him seriously. He comes off as a bit contradictory to me, like if it suits him he's just a young independent creator who should be given the benefit of the doubt, but then he also wants to be seen as an established / educated businessman in his field. I think the truth is that a lot of YouTubers need to stop playing dumb and innocent when they actually know how shady some of the things they do are.

I think a lot of the biggest creators (those making millions specifically) should be more accepting and open to the genuine criticism and feedback they receive (like Zoe with her advent calendar). All other established forms of media receive criticism, there's no reason YouTubers should be exempt. Caspar seems like a good guy, but his latest video sounds like someone who is protecting his own interests - not someone who is actually hearing why those who watch YouTube are a little bit irritated with how some YouTubers have taken advantage of their position.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

I think the point he was trying to make is that you can say you don't like a product or you don't agree with someone's pricing without being a dick. At the end of the day we don't know these people. They can make mistakes, especially when there's a lot of people around them telling them one thing. At the end of the day, Zoe is not going to be fully in charge of how much her product costs. He does know Zoe, and I think what he was trying to say is that he knows she's not a horrible person and when people attack her and make hateful videos on her for a damn calendar it's not fair. I never thought the attack on her about the calendar was fair in the first place. Mainstream celebs put out even worse things, but only youtubers ever get dragged through the mud. The only reason youtubers get dragged is because people don't want to accept that times are changing. Look at Jack Maynard getting dragged for being on I'm a Celeb when he has more of a following than some of those people. The price of Zoe's calendar has changed. It would've changed just the same with simple criticism, and without people attacking Zoe's character and being disgusting to her. Some people don't want to accept that their criticism isn't just criticism, it just goes too far.

On a gossip forum whatever is said is just that. I think it's a completely different story on social media and youtube. This is right in their mentions, their youtube comments, in the searches for their name. The things being said go too far all the time and they see that shit. It's easy to write it off when you're not in that position.

I also do think a lot of youtubers work hard. A lot of what they do is behind the scenes stuff. No it is not the equivalent of a normal working person, but that doesn't mean they don't work hard.

Also how do we know Caspar's friends aren't charitable with their money? We don't know what they do with their money. We didn't even know Caspar did any of this stuff till he said it himself. That's also a problem. Everyone needs to stop assuming things we have no idea about. There's so much we don't know about what these youtubers do, because it's like some sort of rule to not say anything it seems. I mean look how long it took Caspar to finally admit he's a millionaire. Would he even have admitted that under Gleam? I'm not sure.

I think no matter what it was important for someone inside that actual circle to say something, because at least one person needed to say their side of things. I'm not shocked it was him. I expected either him or Marcus. I honestly think the reason people in here aren't that happy with what he said, is because it's not what they wanted to hear. Someone like Jackmaate says what people want to hear, and that's why he's racking the view up when he's really no different with his exploitation.

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

I love how open youtuvers seem to be to critisise anything they feel nessisary. Eg poor serivce, Trump (i do not support trump, but caspar has posted so many negative tweets toward him) then anythig they do get pointed out and its all, I AM ONLY HUMAN OUR COMMUNITY HAS CHANGED, she works so hard, its not our/her fault. LOLOLLL HELLO WORLD literally hello world is the face of every issue they say isn’t their fault. They take money do 20% of whats promised then cry when anyone complains. I used to have so much resepect for caspar but its gone

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

binlova wrote:I love how open youtuvers seem to be to critisise anything they feel nessisary. Eg poor serivce, Trump (i do not support trump, but caspar has posted so many negative tweets toward him) then anythig they do get pointed out and its all, I AM ONLY HUMAN OUR COMMUNITY HAS CHANGED, she works so hard, its not our/her fault. LOLOLLL HELLO WORLD literally hello world is the face of every issue they say isn’t their fault. They take money do 20% of whats promised then cry when anyone complains. I used to have so much resepect for caspar but its gone
You just compared Trump to youtubers....also he never said you can't complain. He literally said in the video you can voice your criticism. He just didn't express properly the part about people going overboard and becoming nasty about things that don't even warrant it. He even said if they're a horrible person (ie, trump then by all means) but are we really going to act like fucking Zoella and the rest of the youtubers are the worst? They're just not. That's just level headed thinking. Again, you just seem like someone who I think is just upset they didn't get to hear what they wanted to hear.

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

BONTBFW wrote:
binlova wrote:I love how open youtuvers seem to be to critisise anything they feel nessisary. Eg poor serivce, Trump (i do not support trump, but caspar has posted so many negative tweets toward him) then anythig they do get pointed out and its all, I AM ONLY HUMAN OUR COMMUNITY HAS CHANGED, she works so hard, its not our/her fault. LOLOLLL HELLO WORLD literally hello world is the face of every issue they say isn’t their fault. They take money do 20% of whats promised then cry when anyone complains. I used to have so much resepect for caspar but its gone
You just compared Trump to youtubers....also he never said you can't complain. He literally said in the video you can voice your criticism. He just didn't express properly the part about people going overboard and becoming nasty about things that don't even warrant it. He even said if they're a horrible person (ie, trump then by all means) but are we really going to act like fucking Zoella and the rest of the youtubers are the worst? They're just not. That's just level headed thinking. Again, you just seem like someone who I think is just upset they didn't get to hear what they wanted to hear.
lol zoella is literally a horrible person. Hello World selling to fans with her a headliner for their money only to know she would barely make an appearance. Selling and exploiting children is still bad. If someone uses slave labor does it make it okay if they given back 1cent to charity. He basically says that the critism of zoella is too harsh and she is only human, except everyone is only human even 'awful people'. lol seems like you are upset that people aren't praising Caspar. Feel free to have an opinion but the calander is acutally not the first time people have felt extremely exploited by zoella (or felt aht she is exploiting young fans) so you can say all you want its not the same thing, seems like zoella and caspar are just upset that they didn;'t get to hear what they wanted to hear

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

I am not saying youtubers are the worst people in history I am saying that they are not exempt from criticism and seem to be happy to point out other peoples flaws in other industries

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Yeah the million at 21 shocked me too. Had he even done on the road at the point ? How old is he now ? Caspar was never really obnoxious with loads of crappy books and merch so it's crazy to imagine how much his less modest contemporaries made... I guess this was pre adpocalypse and now that wouldn't be possible ? What a goldmine YouTube was for those lucky enough to have a bit of an audience circa 2010-2016 though.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

I honestly don't get how anything Zoe has ever sold is any different than band merch or a celebrity endorsed/branded beauty product. I agree the calendar was far too pricey but I also don't believe that was entirely, if at all her fault. And it's also pretty shitty that people just assume she doesn't donate to charity. I know she at least donates most of the free things she gets (which is a lot already) and I'm sure she's helped out charities as well. Not sure if it's the same in the UK as America but a lot of wealthy people get involved with charities because if they donate a certain amount they don't have to pay taxes. So instead of the money going to the government, it goes to a good charity.

I was surprised Caspar admitted to being a millionaire. It's nice that he was being honest about it without coming off as arrogant but just surprising he said it since most people (not just YouTubers) tend to not discuss money. I kind of wish he went more into depth about everything he was talking about, the video seemed a little short. I'm liking the direction his channel is going in though. I think it would be really beneficial and interesting if he did a video discussing the same sort of topics he did in this one and the interview he did with Joe but with Zoe or Alfie instead. I feel like Zoe would be more willing to get more deep and personal and a bit more raw than Alfie would.

meowelseh
Informer
Informer

Post by meowelseh »

oops looks all my respect for caspar just went out the window

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Honestly BONTBFW, you explained 'their side of things' better than Caspar did. His video was basically this vague rant about 'positivity, positivity, I know Zoe personally and I think she's great so you shouldn't say bad things about her merch because it's not nice, media doesn't get youtube, put yourselfves in our shoes, people change, more positivity.' without actually addressing anything in particular. Yes, it's not what I wanted to hear, it's basically just another version of the same 'Mainstream media and the rest of the world doesn't get that youtube is the new ReALiTy' that I've been hearing since 2014.

I don't think Zoe is a 'horrible person' lol but this is not the first time Zoe has been accused of selling pricey merch. do we really have to pretend that youtubers just sit around while mysterious people around them sell ridiculously overpriced merch under their names and make profit of it? Of course youtubers can control the prices of the things they sell, even if they are not 'entirely' in charge. When Caspar was selling his tshirts he really tried to keep it to a low price without compromising with the quality, just saying it could be done if they wished to. (and yes, this is a problem with a lot of celeb merch/brands as well, and celebs get dragged for it too. There was a lot of drama over Harry Styles' tshirts)

Yes, I shouldn't have assumed what I don't know. But like, do I really have to believe youtubers secretly donate their money to charity without anyone knowing about it? (speaking in general, didn't know about zoella) I had always known about caspar's work (not exactly what he does, but I knew he was involved) I think he made a video about it once, and I thought it was for his charity work that he got to meet the Queen...?
(OT I think youtubers should always talk about charity work if they are involved with them/provide donation links if required/possible. It helps spread awareness and sets a good example to kids who follow them. - I understand that they don't want to look like they are bragging, but then there are non braggy ways to go about it too)

I agree that some youtubers work hard, specially those who care about quality content, like Lilly Singh and Colleen Ballinger (and there are others too) Lilly puts out two videos a week, and her videos are mostly sketches where she plays multiple characters, as well as hire other actors, writes a script, films in different locations, and then edits. And even her non-sketch videos are scripted and well executioned. That is what I call hard work. But YouTube and youtube culture in general? Except the very occasional video, not at all. I'm sorry but I don't see the hard work in Reading out old msn chats, Playing a Lousy Game with friends, or Tasting Japanese candy.

As for Jack, I know that it's complex and things are not black and white, but imagine how this YouTube thing must look to outsiders who are not familiar with it. To them, youtubers are people who sit in their bedroom and film one video a week just talking about random stuff, gather a 'following' of gullible kids and preteens, and gets money for it. Of course some people are going to be offended when they are equated in the same bracket as people who have an artistic ability to sell (musicians, actors, etc.) And when these people manipulate their very young and gullible audience into buying ridiculously overpriced stuff from them, media houses might consider it newsworthy.

I so agree that some people can't differentiate between 'criticism' and just being a dick, and even actual bullying at times. Some people are just :roll:

Return to “The British Crew”