Caspar Lee

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caspar Lee

Post by kofi »

I’m really down for Caspar doing more serious content. I love his goofy sense of humor, but I do think he also has a powerful voice for activism.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Hmm. I really don't see the potential in him that you guys are seeing. The attempts he's done to voice his opinions you can tell that he isn't capable of holding any strong opinions. He wants to be diplomatic and at the same time holds a bias toward his friends so when he's trying to present an argument, it comes across as weak.

Maybe you guys are speaking about him highlighting issues and just simply presenting them? I don't see many YouTubers using their platform for that so if he can get in, then I guess that's something he could do.

daisy_124
Learner
Learner

Post by daisy_124 »

LadyBugB wrote:Hmm. I really don't see the potential in him that you guys are seeing. The attempts he's done to voice his opinions you can tell that he isn't capable of holding any strong opinions. He wants to be diplomatic and at the same time holds a bias toward his friends so when he's trying to present an argument, it comes across as weak.

Maybe you guys are speaking about him highlighting issues and just simply presenting them? I don't see many YouTubers using their platform for that so if he can get in, then I guess that's something he could do.
I guess that's kindof why I would want him to have other people there, so it wouldn't just be Caspar giving his opinions. My thought is that he would be good at hosting a serious discussion and getting conversations rolling. Maybe Josh would be good at it too. Of course Caspar would be giving opinions too, though you're right that in the past he hasn't always done that very well! But for me it wouldn't necessarily be about winning debates between guests, so much as simply having a discussion about a topic and encouraging young audiences to start thinking critically, regardless of how strong or weak the arguments are. Almost just like one big brainstorming session about serious issues haha

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

LadyBugB wrote:Hmm. I really don't see the potential in him that you guys are seeing. The attempts he's done to voice his opinions you can tell that he isn't capable of holding any strong opinions. He wants to be diplomatic and at the same time holds a bias toward his friends so when he's trying to present an argument, it comes across as weak.

I agree with you. I think he'd benefit from focusing on aging-up his content or even putting more substance into his videos, but in terms of activism, I don't know. He's really never been very articulate or profound in my opinion. Most everything he's shared has been pretty surface level or safe to not offend anyone. I'd struggle to take him seriously if he was making videos on issues that weren't affecting him personally.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

I've said this already before, but yes his focus needs to be interviews. His camera personality has changed a lot, and I find that his best content that has the potential for any growth are his interviews. Even in his interview with Steve Bartlett, Steve also tells him he deserves credit for his interviews. He really should try to base his channel on interviewing youtubers, it would be a good transformation for him. The thing is after watching that interview, I just don't know if he would be comfortable changing. I think he's articulate enough to carry on serious conversations as an interviewer. It seems when there's no structure already set in place Is when he struggles.

I agree @daisy_124 I think Josh would be decent at it too, but there's just something about him that is missing when I watch him. That something cannot be learned either. You either have it or you don't. and I just don't think he has it. As lazy and uncreative as Jack is, he has it.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

For sure Josh would be loads better at that kind of stuff because he's more of a critical thinker. When he was on that guy's podcast defending Caspar and his come up + other YouTubers you can instantly tell he is good at debate. That is a talent one has, Josh has it, I don't see it in Caspar.

But I agree that Caspar is strong when it comes to interviews, I think mainly because he does his homework. It also comes down to him being able to put his personality into them, this is seen due to the research and brainstorming of creative ways to engage the interviewee. I cringed when Caspar tried defending Zoe, he had no point...

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

daisy_124 wrote:ike gathering a bunch of youtubers together to discuss and debate current affairs etc? He could have different guests every episode. They could discuss questions and topics suggested by viewers.
so basically like a podcast.

Caspar may be good at it, but then Josh would be better. Josh has the perfect personality for that kind of thing, he thinks critically, is good at sorting out information and is articulate. I agree with Ladybug, that's something Caspar simply isn't good at.

They could do it together, but then they talk over each other most of the time in videos so I don't know how that will turn out.

I am not too sure about Caspar as a interviewer, I don't think I have seen Caspar seriously interview someone who he doesn't know well (except Nick Crompton maybe) KSI, Joe and Conor are his friends and the celebrity interviews were mostly jokey. Maybe he'll get better with practice.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

I honestly have no idea what I was thinking about before, but yes if it's a serious podcast then Josh would be best. I was talking about interviews for some reason.

As for Caspar interviewing people he doesn't know well. He had only met the dolan twins one other time before their interview, and he had never met ricegum before (although that was kind of the first of what he started so it wasn't as great as the rest). I don't think knowing the youtuber or not will be an issue imo. He has some real potential to be a solid interviewer in a field no one is really tapping into as much. He could then even expand and go beyond just youtubers, and reach out to other influencers as well as he gets better. Realistically none of this will happen though, and he'll just continue doing the same bs and getting the same results like Joe lol

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Return to “The British Crew”