This used to be a lot more fun

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Oli White

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

magucken wrote:They're such an odd couple.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeavCJeF4ic/
How old is she? Not that age really matters but I just don't see him mature enough to be with an older woman and she looks about 30-something to me with some sort of plastic surgeries.

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

^ She's early 20s, same age as Oli.
This used to be a lot more fun

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

Everything about Oli comes across as desperate to me. From his car to his girlfriend, it's like he's trying to over-compensate for being bland. Nothing about his online personality seems genuine.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

Luk20 wrote:Everything about Oli comes across as desperate to me. From his car to his girlfriend, it's like he's trying to over-compensate for being bland. Nothing about his online personality seems genuine.

It's definitely not genuine at all. I remember in one of the other boys' videos, they were impersonating him and had two vastly different impressions for "youtube Oli" and "real Oli". It's smart of him to keep his girlfriend off camera but I'd love to see how they are with each other. I wonder if he'll ever do the girlfriend tag? Has he gained any subscribers recently? I haven't watched him in forever but I'm still subscribed to him. He way too fake for me to watch anymore. Seems like as soon as his audience grows out of him, he won't have anyone watching anymore.

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

I was never subscribed to him, but I'd catch one of his videos or see him in someone else's vlog from time to time - and I've always just thought, WOW this guy is laying it on thick! He's like a discount version of so many other YouTubers and (from what I've seen) he produces some of the most vanilla, try-hard content out there. A total follower. I wouldn't care usually, but he seems so desperate to show off that now I find him irritating whenever he pops up. It seems like I'm not the only one who gets this same impression - it looks like his subscribers have been dropping for awhile now.

Post by Guest »

Is Oli still friends with Joe/Caspar/the buttercream gang? I don't really keep up with any of them as much as I used to but in the pics I have seen recently I never see him in them anymore.

kitykat556
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kitykat556 »

sunnyb123 wrote:Is Oli still friends with Joe/Caspar/the buttercream gang? I don't really keep up with any of them as much as I used to but in the pics I have seen recently I never see him in them anymore.
Yes. He hung out with them kind of recently I think based on some insta stories from a little bit ago, but I don't think he lives in London anymore so doesn't see them that much + seems to spend a lot of time with his gf

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

sunnyb123 wrote:Is Oli still friends with Joe/Caspar/the buttercream gang? I don't really keep up with any of them as much as I used to but in the pics I have seen recently I never see him in them anymore.
They're still friends, but he hangs out with his girlfriend more these days.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Luk20 wrote:Everything about Oli comes across as desperate to me. From his car to his girlfriend, it's like he's trying to over-compensate for being bland. Nothing about his online personality seems genuine.
agreed.

as for his relationship, you can see him inevitably getting hurt...

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

Realistically would anyone actually care to watch a travel series with irrelevant Oli and never was relevant Mikey?

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Why is Oli so extra? And who the hell are the people subscribed / interested in his content?

Post by Guest »

LadyBugB wrote:Why is Oli so extra? And who the hell are the people subscribed / interested in his content?
His popularity is such a mystery to me. Never got the appeal.

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

Oli is that guy who tags along with way more interesting people, and has carved himself out a YouTube career by association. I can't stand to watch him because of how desperate he comes across - but his most viewed / most popular videos all involve other people. I don't even watch other people's videos if he's in them because of how irritating I find him. As a solo act, he brings nothing to the table.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

"My girlfriend does my makeup".

Oli is putting out great original content. 2013 is going to be a good year for his channel.

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

I can't wait to not watch Oli & Mikey's travel videos
Bye bitch :love2:

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

What's the buttercream gang referencing?

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

sororitygirl123 wrote:
It’s just the name the group - joe, Caspar , Mikey, josh, Connor and jack - refer to themselves as. I believe it comes from a film the Maynards watched growing up ? The buttercream boys ? Or something like that. Tho there may well be more to it, I’m fairly sure that’s the full public story.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

horatio wrote:
sororitygirl123 wrote:
It’s just the name the group - joe, Caspar , Mikey, josh, Connor and jack - refer to themselves as. I believe it comes from a film the Maynards watched growing up ? The buttercream boys ? Or something like that. Tho there may well be more to it, I’m fairly sure that’s the full public story.
According to Joe from what I can remember they were riding bikes or something and Conor shouted out that they’re like the buttercream gang and that just became a thing that they called their group chat/themselves.

Rosalind+
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Rosalind+ »

BONTBFW wrote:
horatio wrote:
sororitygirl123 wrote:
According to Joe from what I can remember they were riding bikes or something and Conor shouted out that they’re like the buttercream gang and that just became a thing that they called their group chat/themselves.
BONTBFW is correct. I remember Joe mentioning it . It's a movie that came out in 1992. Image

Return to “The British Crew”