Oli White

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Oli White

Post by BONTBFW »

Y'all complain about Gleam, but Oli's management is way worse. Imagine if all those youtubers had his. :?
Anyway the selfie thing is so the line goes faster so they can see more people. Many people do it. Doesn't mean there's no picture, someone off to the side just takes the pic. I don't see the problem with it.

Luk20
Debater
Debater

Post by Luk20 »

The problem I have with Oli is that he's the most vanilla YouTuber out of the British crew. I can't tell you one thing about his content or personality that seems unique from a million other YouTuber wannabes. The difference is that he managed to find his way into the popular group to help his channel grow, but he still seems to lack originality in my opinion.

He's also incredibly materialistic, and seems more focused on brand deals, merch, and being 'internet famous' than actually being viewed as a genuine creator. Wasn't he the guy who said he doesn't even like to read and then came out with a couple of books? It's kind of pathetic how transparent his motives are.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

Post by BaconBaconBacon »

Luk20 wrote:The problem I have with Oli is that he's the most vanilla YouTuber out of the British crew. I can't tell you one thing about his content or personality that seems unique from a million other YouTuber wannabes. The difference is that he managed to find his way into the popular group to help his channel grow, but he still seems to lack originality in my opinion.

He's also incredibly materialistic, and seems more focused on brand deals, merch, and being 'internet famous' than actually being viewed as a genuine creator. Wasn't he the guy who said he doesn't even like to read and then came out with a couple of books? It's kind of pathetic how transparent his motives are.

He's extremely materialistic. I think he has good intentions and is overall a kind person with a good heart but materialistic people are a huge turn off for me so that, plus his boring made for tween content makes me not really care for him at all. I enjoyed him way back when, and I don't mind him popping up in other peoples videos (I strongly prefer him and pretty much anyone to the Maynards lol) but as far as his channel goes, I couldn't care less.

Also I agree that the whole selfie thing was fine. If he turned people down outside the meet and greet for selfies I think I'd probably have a problem with it but there's no need for selfies if there's a photographer taking the photos at the m&g. Although, I'm sure most people would rather have a selfie so maybe it would've been better to give people the choice of the photographer OR a selfie.

ems142
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ems142 »

you know...I understand the selfie ban when in a queue for a meet and greet but that Jack guys seems to say that a random fan went upto Oli for a selfie and Oli recoiled and looked at management for help, if this is true then yea, i understand why Jack was peeved lol

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

ems142 wrote:you know...I understand the selfie ban when in a queue for a meet and greet but that Jack guys seems to say that a random fan went upto Oli for a selfie and Oli recoiled and looked at management for help, if this is true then yea, i understand why Jack was peeved lol
What I got from Jacks video was a kid in the m&g line asked for a selfie. He should've just done it, what's one or two people gonna hurt? But I get maybe he didn't want other fans to see and it be unfair/cause everyone else to start doing it too.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

[tweet][/tweet]

Well he addressed it on twitter...honestly this is what I mean about his management. Does Oli really take himself that seriously or is this his management? All it needed was a tweet or two, not an entire formal video over a damn selfie. :lol:

I think Oli is a nice guy, never heard a bad word about him. Even his friends said he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. His problem is his materialistic goals make him do things that come across dickheadish and I don't think he really thinks about it enough. He needs to be more self aware, and also save his damn money. Everyone else in his crew seemingly spends their money wisely or at least in their means, idk why he hasn't taken note. Reminds me of a sims video Caspar did where he said Oli never learned to just get a roommate to save money.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Wow, his merch really is shit. A rough-cut circle with the word "Oli" in it? It should just be a giant £

It reminds me of a certain flag....

Cantshutup
Talker
Talker

Post by Cantshutup »

I hate how the L is uneven from the i, it annoys me so much

Radcorrie
Learner
Learner

Post by Radcorrie »

Why does Oli White even need merch? I get why Dodie and Emma Blackery would have merch because they are musicians but what does Oli actually really do? I never understood that, why do youtubers that don't have a specific talent (Like they aren't singers, artists etc) such as Zoe, Alfie etc, release merch?

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

Because minions are gullible enough to buy anything to feel a bit closer to their idols. It doesn't really need to have any relevance, just their logo or picture.

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

Oli is like that one kid in the popular group that you don't know how tf got into it :rofl:
Bye bitch :love2:

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

wonder why he never signed with Gleam, seems strange when he is BFFs with Casper and Joe

Sweetylein27
Debater
Debater

Post by Sweetylein27 »

What are your thoughts on Olis new girlfriend? Find it odd to bring her to joshs birthday... considering there were no other girls invited

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
English is not my first language.

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

Omg the cringe in the burglary prank video. So fake, put-on, and try-hard. But just like Oli, so Idk why I'm surprised.
This is so stupid, it made me laugh.
He's mouthing James' words with him when he's saying "I'm just excited to see their faces" at 2:33, then mom Sally is looking straight into the camera at 4:11, and dad comes into the room already smiling and relieved at 4:41. What a surprise that was...

[youtube][/youtube]
This used to be a lot more fun

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

magucken wrote:Omg the cringe in the burglary prank video. So fake, put-on, and try-hard. But just like Oli, so Idk why I'm surprised.
This is so stupid, it made me laugh.
He's mouthing James' words with him when he's saying "I'm just excited to see their faces" at 2:33, then mom Sally is looking straight into the camera at 4:11, and dad comes into the room already smiling and relieved at 4:41. What a surprise that was...

[youtube]<a class="vglnk" href="[/youtube" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>LvGT</span><span>-</span><span>4rgtUQ</span><span>[/</span><span>youtube</span></a>]
Well... At least he tried I guess? Idk it was very lame and put on but the prank itself is quite original and not one of those generic pranks that Caspar and Joe often do on each other... like I was doing those pranks at the age of 8 onwards. If he had done it as a real prank and not fake it would've actually been good... but come on as if he's dumb enough to not turn his phone on silent
Bye bitch :love2:

Electricavenue
Talker
Talker

Post by Electricavenue »

EST wrote:This is on point:

[youtube][/youtube]

Oli's merch does seem like no thought went into it whatsoever and it's valid to ask if fans are being ripped off. Ironically, it sums Oli up well. It's so douchey that he wouldn't take selfies with fans at a youtube fan convention.

Haven't been on in a few months so am just catching up with this forum now.

Btw - I was at this event and there was no 'selfie ban' that this guy is claiming. He just seems to be riding on his coat tails for more views - e.g. The recent video he did about hello world and Zoe's advent calendar. Plus, he's recently just released a video with his own advent calendar...funny, but you can actually buy it.

I'm all for people holding big YTers to account when they take the piss, and some of his comments are fair enough, but to me, this jackmate guy seems to be just as bad.

BaconBaconBacon
Informer
Informer

I’d respect JackMate a lot more and actuytake what he has to say into consideration if he wasn’t just as bad (in my opinion, worse!) as the people he shits on. As said above, he just rides the coat tail and uses whatever little “scandal” there is in the U.K./Gleam Youtube group to profit off of. In the video where he ranted about Hello World, he talked about a tweet that said Alfie yelled at a girl to go away. I saw that tweet and it was a fake account just trying to stir up drama. If you clicked on the profile and looked for a good two seconds anyone could see that. I’m not trying to defend Oli, I believe he probably is a twat in someways and definitely does YouTube because it’s an easy way for him to make money. What grown man legitimately wants to make slime every week with his brother?? But I have zero respect for that JackMate guy and won’t take anything he says into consideration. Harry Styles is charging $60 for sweatshirts that are just as plain as Olis so honestly if you’re a teenage fan girl, buying Oli or SuggLife merch is far more affordable than buying it from real celebrities.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Yeah but at least Harry Styles *does* something - records albums and tours the world. He may be way overcompensated for it but at least that requires a modicum of hard work and talent.

Celebrity merchandise has always been over priced. But what's so frustrating about YouTubers is how incredibly useless they are they make even a very average singer look talented and deserving.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

BaconBaconBacon wrote:I’d respect JackMate a lot more and actuytake what he has to say into consideration if he wasn’t just as bad (in my opinion, worse!) as the people he shits on. As said above, he just rides the coat tail and uses whatever little “scandal” there is in the U.K./Gleam Youtube group to profit off of. In the video where he ranted about Hello World, he talked about a tweet that said Alfie yelled at a girl to go away. I saw that tweet and it was a fake account just trying to stir up drama. If you clicked on the profile and looked for a good two seconds anyone could see that. I’m not trying to defend Oli, I believe he probably is a twat in someways and definitely does YouTube because it’s an easy way for him to make money. What grown man legitimately wants to make slime every week with his brother?? But I have zero respect for that JackMate guy and won’t take anything he says into consideration. Harry Styles is charging $60 for sweatshirts that are just as plain as Olis so honestly if you’re a teenage fan girl, buying Oli or SuggLife merch is far more affordable than buying it from real celebrities.
Exactly why I can't get into him.

LBW995
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by LBW995 »

Does anyone else think Oli is just slowly getting fatter despite claiming to work out?

Return to “The British Crew”