Jack Howard

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jack Howard

Post by mp1416 »

Credit for this thread being under The British Crew goes to LadyBugB ;)

Discuss...

Personally I think he's fast becoming the most pretentious idiot on YouTube.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Jack Howard

Post by LadyBugB »

Aww :oops:

It's also funny because he is one youtuber I've come to know in a short while and not stand straight away. He reminds me of one of those people who think they know it all but have a very narrow-minded view of issues, especially those that do not concern them.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

I've never even watched one of his videos but I still hate him...

tresila
Debater
Debater

Post by tresila »

I enjoyed Jack and Dean's skits
but Jack Howard as a person? smh
Ha!

cdy

Post by cdy »

Cheesey wrote:I've never even watched one of his videos but I still hate him...
Same. Lol he is so arrogant and annoying :barf:

LeaJackson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LeaJackson »

I quite like him tbh

planetofzog2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by planetofzog2 »

Arrogant as anything, seems to have appointed himself as overseer of what should and should not be allowed on youtube or by youtubers

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

planetofzog2 wrote:Arrogant as anything, seems to have appointed himself as overseer of what should and should not be allowed on youtube or by youtubers
Most accurate Jack Howard description I've ever read hahah

I actually quite liked him when I first discovered him. Before I realised, well, basically what I've quoted ^... I cringe for him a lot of the time, when he's criticising others :roll:

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

I only started getting annoyed by him when I followed him on social media. Comes across okay in videos but is such a know it all on Twitter.

ejmc
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ejmc »

i use to really like him but i feel like he thinks he's better then youtube.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

He's ridiculous.

He took part in #NicerInternet, then got all snarky on Twitter about Caspar Lee and Joe Sugg being in the SpongeBob SquarePants film. Only to congratulate Dan and Phil a few days later for acting in a Oscar winning movie. Double standards much.

When he's with Louise the two of them are unbearable. Two massive attention seekers wanting the spotlight, it's horrendous.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

He is a person that you can enjoy his artistry but comes across "Mr. Is Always Right/Knows Everything" as a person. Could just be his humour so his friends are accepting but as a 3rd person looking in he comes across as obnoxious.
Credit:amazingfiru

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

I think he's the type of guy who'd LOVE reading what's said about him in here.

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

han_han wrote:I think he's the type of guy who'd LOVE reading what's said about him in here.
I know, I grudged creating a topic because it would just feed the ego.
But at the same time, there needs to be somewhere specific to vent about how irritating he is...

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

I feel like he is so threatened by the guys from gleam and jealous of their (even though some don't deserve it) success.

wiresandwood
Learner
Learner

Post by wiresandwood »

See, I really like him. I think he's straightforward and blunt (maybe to a fault), and yeah, he obviously likes to be considered 'arty', but he makes fun of his own pretentiousness. I like when people are unapolagetic about who they are, and share their opinions even if they're unpopular. I would way rather spend my time watching someone like that than someone who puts on an act and pretends to be one way and then they're completely different IRL. I just think with Jack, what you see is basically what you get, which I like. That's just my impression, though. I personally value authenticity over a lot of other traits, and I get the vibe that he's an honest person, so I enjoy watching him. I also think he legitimately is really intelligent and funny. I can see how people might not like him or his sense of humour, though.

EastVanGal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by EastVanGal »

wiresandwood wrote:See, I really like him. I think he's straightforward and blunt (maybe to a fault), and yeah, he obviously likes to be considered 'arty', but he makes fun of his own pretentiousness. I like when people are unapolagetic about who they are, and share their opinions even if they're unpopular. I would way rather spend my time watching someone like that than someone who puts on an act and pretends to be one way and then they're completely different IRL. I just think with Jack, what you see is basically what you get, which I like. That's just my impression, though. I personally value authenticity over a lot of other traits, and I get the vibe that he's an honest person, so I enjoy watching him. I also think he legitimately is really intelligent and funny. I can see how people might not like him or his sense of humour, though.
Yeah I like this about Jack too - mainly because he isn't afraid to admit when he is wrong (see: "I'm a Feminist") and is also happy to admit when he's being a prat (see: Louise calling him out in some of her vlogs and him begrudgingly conceding.)

He's cute and thinks highly of himself but he isn't afraid of being taken own a peg. I like that! He also has an enviable work ethic and is loyal to his friends/wolf pack.

lovestorant
Learner
Learner

Post by lovestorant »

I think he's a very love/hate kind of person. I like his videos and sometimes he really makes me laugh but other times he comes across as such a p***k and I can't bare him. I think he's intelligent and probably will go far because he has an attitude that will make him do so but the thing that annoys me the most is how rude he is about other YouTubers. I understand that as a filmmaker he wants more serious stuff on there but to think he can dictate what should and shouldn't be on there in terms of content really irks me. The same with Ben Cook who constantly slag vloggers and gurus etc off because they don't like their content. They want to work in a field that needs a completely open mind yet they don't appreciate that not everybody has the same taste as each other. Perfect example is how Louises' content suddenly changed when she started hanging around with them and she was worried about what they thought. I think there is no place for people like them on YouTube and if you're going to constantly degrade it then you shouldn't be on it. My subscriptions are made up of fashion gurus, beauty gurus, comedians and film makers but in their world I shouldn't be allowed to like the more chatty side of things. It definitely boils down to jealousy, it's a shame people are more popular for working much less but they should be happy with the subscribers they do have and the fact it's paying their rent. Rant over haha sorry but it just does my head in!

littlesquidxo
Learner
Learner

Post by littlesquidxo »

Can we address him and Louise please? Like what on earth is going on there?! They are acting like they are together and are making a mockery of Louise's marriage with Matt! I dread to think what is going through that poor bloke's mind when he sees endless vlogs of Louise and Jack acting coupley whilst he's off taking care of their child on his own and she's flitting off to parties and double dates.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

I don't think even Louise and Jack understand what's going on between them.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a long while before passing judgement. But when she posted that vlog about Jack's birthday, and spent the video description gushing about him. Well that pushed all the wrong buttons for me.

If they are just friends then they really need to step back and check how they're coming across.

Return to “The British Crew”