A face only a tosser can love.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jack Howard

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

No one will ever love Jack more than Jack loves Jack.

SunnyDays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SunnyDays »

I still would though.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

SunnyDays wrote:I still would though.
love yourself.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

He has a point

[tweet][/tweet]

mangoi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mangoi »

[youtube][/youtube]
Ugh..... They try so hard to be funny.. I'm getting so much secondhand embarrassment from watching this.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

EST wrote:He has a point

[tweet][/tweet]
Yeah he does, but his need to get those digs in about Gleam has become pretty tiresome.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

EST wrote:He has a point

[tweet][/tweet]
He doesn't. He never does. He's comparing apples to oranges with this one. Charging money for people to watch the same mediocre under-produced crap isn't the same as selling a book not written by you.

Electricavenue
Talker
Talker

Post by Electricavenue »

Jack is either endlessly whinging or endlessly boasting. He's not long for this industry I feel.

luciakitty
Debater
Debater

Post by luciakitty »

I'm sure it's been said a ton before in this site, but that tweet about ghostwriters kind of cuts to the core of what really bothers me about youtubers like Jack and Hazel (chewingsand). They consider themselves to be above the gleamers because they're Serious Content Creators. They don't do tags, they make Short Films and they deserve to be venerated for their art and taken more seriously. Except...When you actually watch their 'films' they're terrible. Admittedly most of the stuff I've seen Jack in has involved Hazel but Super Brainy Zombies was a real piece of shit and while Septem was marginally better, the dialogue was terrible and so was the acting of pretty much everyone involved. I've seen a couple more but they're just a mediocre student film-y blur. I believe that Jack watches a lot of good films and maybe he even knows what makes them good but I don't think he (or Hazel btw) is a particularly creative person from what I've seen despite him insisting that he is A Creative. You can see influences from great films in his work but they're so obvious that it almost seems like copying. He has the technical skills but not the talent. It's that total lack of self awareness mixed with superiority that gets me about youtubers like him. It's not that the internet's filled with drooling morons who can't appreciate highbrow content, it's just that his content is pretty terrible. Jack definitely believes in himself to the point of hubris and he clearly has some connections so maybe he'll get somewhere in the film industry but I personally doubt it. The content that pays his rent is based off of his personality and if he wants to be successful I think he should stick with that.

That said, he clearly has a passion and I think videos about film, what makes a certain film good, exploring techniques, etc. would be a much better fit for Jack than trying to create any of his own. Even though he's a huge dick most of the time he does have moments where there's a glimmer of something funny and intelligent and I think he's naturally more of a critic than a creator.
Sorry, Im new here and I think I'm supposed to introduce myself first but I really needed to get this off my chest. Hope no one minds.

atlabbie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by atlabbie »

(This is my first post so forgive me if I mess up somehow)
What annoys me the most about Jack is how he thinks that he is some high and mighty intellectual being whose videos are just sooo much better than everyone else's?? I get the vibe from Hazel as well, which seeing as they're a "power couple" (lol okay) makes sense, where they both think that vlogging about their month is some sort of artistic and inspiring film-making. I'm sorry but they do exactly what all the "Gleamers" do but just put it in one big video - oh, and the occasional short-film, of course. I just find Jack awfully arrogant and his snarky humour, which I used to find amusing, is just now plain insulting most of the time.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

^ I saw that his hilarious jokes upset people on twitter the other day, and he deleted some tweets.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

The only joke here is Jack. When you have to defend a 'humorous' tweet by saying people are over sensitive, then that says something about you tbh.

Whitesand
Informer
Informer

Post by Whitesand »

Jack is such a Marvel fanboy that it annoys me to no end that DC still insist on inviting him to premiers and such. I wish they'd give it to someone who would go with an open mind. Jack just comes out each time saying 'yep, shit, where's the next Marvel movie?' :roll:

(Or maybe I'm just a DC fangirl.)

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

^ you're like me and I try to remain objective when watching DC. I have liked every movie that they put out so when I read what legit critics that give it a low rating have to say I wonder if they've watched the same film as me. I find DC story lines much more complex and they bring societal issues at the forefront. I enjoy the idea of bringing moral and ethical questions to light, it usually sparks debate among my friends and underlines how the DC world doesn't dumb down its audience.

Now when it comes to Marvel I remain baffled. I could barely sit through the first Iron Man, I struggled through The Hulk and have yet to see the point of The Avengers. And no to Thor, again the point is?
The "comedy" within the films are predictable, they offer nothing new or worthy of remembering and their characters aren't fleshed out. I did like the first Captain America movie though, still need to see Winter Soldier- I started it but wasn't in the mood for its slow start. I am hoping to get back to it soon. I also saw Civil War which imo was terrible. Fight scenes were a joke and looked like they took place on a very low budget. I could have done without being duped into another Iron Man movie but I did like Black Panther. I look forward to that one. But based on everything else I've seen, Marvel remains a complete mess.

Radcorrie
Learner
Learner

Post by Radcorrie »

Okay so what annoys me about Jack is that he doesn't know how youtube works. Mate Zoella's content isn't going to appeal to you as you are not a pre-teen girl just starting high-school are you?

The way to sort this issue out is for him to start making content that he'd like to see on his channel. Yet he does nothing.

The content that the Zoe's and the Alfie's of youtube make might not be good but they have a formula which they stick too and it rakes them in money. Maybe he should try that too?

SunnyDays
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SunnyDays »

At least Zoella actually puts out content. After over 4 years of Youtube, there's a grand total of 86 video's on Jack's channel. The Jack and Dean channel is even worse: 88 video's in 7,5 years. Youtube's algorithms love schedules. Keep a goddamn schedule if you want people to watch your video's, Jack!

Whitesand
Informer
Informer

Post by Whitesand »

LadyBugB wrote:^ you're like me and I try to remain objective when watching DC. I have liked every movie that they put out so when I read what legit critics that give it a low rating have to say I wonder if they've watched the same film as me. I find DC story lines much more complex and they bring societal issues at the forefront. I enjoy the idea of bringing moral and ethical questions to light, it usually sparks debate among my friends and underlines how the DC world doesn't dumb down its audience.

Now when it comes to Marvel I remain baffled. I could barely sit through the first Iron Man, I struggled through The Hulk and have yet to see the point of The Avengers. And no to Thor, again the point is?
The "comedy" within the films are predictable, they offer nothing new or worthy of remembering and their characters aren't fleshed out. I did like the first Captain America movie though, still need to see Winter Soldier- I started it but wasn't in the mood for its slow start. I am hoping to get back to it soon. I also saw Civil War which imo was terrible. Fight scenes were a joke and looked like they took place on a very low budget. I could have done without being duped into another Iron Man movie but I did like Black Panther. I look forward to that one. But based on everything else I've seen, Marvel remains a complete mess.
Thank you for putting all my thoughts down, I couldn’t agree with you more! It's nice to see someone else not kissing Marvel's ass.

ineededaname
Learner
Learner

Post by ineededaname »

I think someone needs to explain the difference between confidence and arrogance to Jack. What he doesn't realise is that arrogance is the belief that you and your abilities are better than everyone else. Confidence is the knowledge and belief that you are just as good as everyone else. There lies one of his many issues.

Jack you are arrogant. Your tweets prove it. I'm not a fan of Zoella and Gleam Gang content but that doesn't mean you're better than them. Especially since your work comes across as just as manufactured as theirs. You should shut the hell up about how their work isn't great and how yours deserves more views because it is somehow great.

Also the person above who pointed out how little videos they have made in so many years, THANK YOU! Like I don't see why he doesn't vlog that much in terms of opinion pieces and little vlog tibits that use to be so common. He use to be good at those and heaven knows he loves to give his opinion. Like WHAT DO THEY DO WITH THEIR DAY? Like seriously? I question what Glean do with their day since they only make one video a week, if that, and they have book deals and other stuff going on. Seriously, what does Jack and that lot do with their day? (Minus Daniel J. Layton as I know he has a job at Waterstones and the same for his friend Chloe.)

(Soz little rant)

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

I just still can't believe the Hazel relationship isn't fake.

Return to “The British Crew”