Jack Howard

Re: Jack Howard

Post by Guest »

Jacks twitter is what pushed me over the edge. It's fuckin stupid as fuck. He thinks he's all high and mighty when really he's the height of shite. Like he doesn't like a film? Ok everyone just boycott that fucking film then. What a fucking chicken fillet. He's no funny at all and neither's Hazel. I added his snapchat (dunno why I do it hahaha) and omg just now he's picking up books going "they made a book out of it" or something and aw man. Absolutely honkin patter, man!!!!! I agree with what he said in these videos (unlike Jack I can admit that I actually agree with someone I don't like) but it's like I'm not a YouTuber... He is/desperately wants to be a successful one. If you're gonny have an opinion about youtubers either make better videos yourself and stop blaming it on everything else, bad craftsmen blame their tools and aw that, or don't make any at all. Fucking hell. Get tae fuck ye big banana!

coffeandcream
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by coffeandcream »

mazzy123 wrote:Jacks twitter is what pushed me over the edge. It's fuckin stupid as fuck. He thinks he's all high and mighty when really he's the height of shite. Like he doesn't like a film? Ok everyone just boycott that fucking film then. What a fucking chicken fillet. He's no funny at all and neither's Hazel. I added his snapchat (dunno why I do it hahaha) and omg just now he's picking up books going "they made a book out of it" or something and aw man. Absolutely honkin patter, man!!!!! I agree with what he said in these videos (unlike Jack I can admit that I actually agree with someone I don't like) but it's like I'm not a YouTuber... He is/desperately wants to be a successful one. If you're gonny have an opinion about youtubers either make better videos yourself and stop blaming it on everything else, bad craftsmen blame their tools and aw that, or don't make any at all. Fucking hell. Get tae fuck ye big banana!
I think this is my favorite post on this whole website. :D

kusunoki masashige
Learner
Learner

Post by kusunoki masashige »

LadyBugB wrote:^ see that's the thing. Some youtubers really need to stop throwing their opinions around when it comes to their peers especially when you produce unfunny "comedy". To question people's content while promoting your mediocre one is simply a joke. Sure lazy people like Marcus or Alfie aim for easy ways to exploit their audience but that is not to say that everybody who watches youtube is looking for "creators" (using that very loosely) who think cooking with their friends while cracking what they think are jokes, or making uninspired skits thinking they are funny or even sitting down and reviewing a book is what amazing content is. I think if one expects a lot from youtube they are immediately going to be disappointed, especially if they rely on content from amateurs.
I agree 100%. Does he expect everyone on youtube to produce oh so smart artsy shortfilms and mediocre comedy sketches? To be fair, some of them are beautifully produced and Ciaran O'Brian is a pretty good cameraman. But Jack and Dean are really not that funny, and most of the short films his group of friends make want to be sooo deep and intellectual but are mostly quite shallow and full of plotholes. And then they are pissed off that people call them pretentious and they brush them off as haters that aren't on their intellectual level…oh lord, what makes you pretentious isn't that you try to produce quality content but that you shit on everybody else while failing to see that what you're doing is far from being the cream of the crop. Putting a lot of effort into something doesn't make it good.

And I'm not saying that he doesn't have a point in a way. I'm far from being a fan of the silly-challenge-every-sunday!-what-did-i-eat-and-buy-today-vlog-every-day! kind of videos. But he kind of dismisses all personality-based vloggers, and wasn't vlogging a point of youtube from the beginning? That people make videos about themselves and what they are interested in and posting them to reach out to other people with similar interests?

If he doesn't want to be a youtuber, thats ok, because he clearly wants to be a filmmaker. Or comedian. Or actor? Idk. But for others, it's their job. You can't live off youtube by doing three sketches or short films a year. The gleamerz and other big youtubers are obviously milking their popularity, but what makes Baking with Layton (is that what his name is spelled like?) better than a zalfie baking video? It's not like they are having life changing conversations in either of them. And I DO prefer Baking with Layton, but thats just personal preference, there's not more effort put in his videos, nor is it a better concept.

And honestly, if I want to watch a movie I go to the cinema or watch TV.

dressitup
Talker
Talker

Post by dressitup »

I just finished watching his two YouTube rants, sigh... I do agree to some degree that the old school people making content just for the joy of it are being completely squashed to make room for happy-clappy vapid Gleamers like Zitella and Alfie, but he doesn't need to be so high and mighty about it. Possibly a desperate ploy for attention... Jack HowHardAreYouTryingToStayRelevant

funfunthinkaboutfun
Informer
Informer

Post by funfunthinkaboutfun »

have no idea who this guy is even but was making my stalking rounds on twitter and thought it'd fit the conversation. caspar lee's older sister wrote a blog post on jack's rants, which she tweeted out the link to and caspar favourited.

it's quite a good post written in a good time and not very negative towards jack but it still essentially boils down to that she thinks he's wrong and shouldn't look down on other people's content.

ainthatabitch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ainthatabitch »

I don't know where Jack went wrong, personally? I think once Jack and Dean started on the BBC doing that dj show thingie and then Ron Howard offering them a little online series, his ego just blew the eff up. His shitting on others content, etc is just being a sanctimonious prick. It's okay to speak amongst your friends and your "squad" what others content is all about, everyone does that, but to put it out there, now your just a c**t Jack. It's unbecoming because really really, I think Jack Howard is a great friend to his friends, he is well respected for many things and honestly, to be very shallow, very shallow indeed-he's a real cute guy. So like Ciaran says, stop being a PRICK

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcake Warpaint »

What Jack forgets during his tantrums, is that You Tube was founded on the principal that it was an online space where EVERYONE could share their content.

So sorry Jack, you can stamp your foot as much as you like. But those chubby bunny challenges have as much right to be there as your 'films'.

reallynotsuperbad
Lurker
Lurker

Post by reallynotsuperbad »

[youtube][/youtube]
Has anyone seen this? She's basically calling out Jack, she literally name checks him near the end. A bunch of youtubers he knows have tweeted about this so i'm sure he's aware of it, but i'm surprised he's not responded yet.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

Deserved and well made. Howard will likely grovel for apologies at this point if the backlash is really heating up.

yolandahuffins
Talker
Talker

Post by yolandahuffins »

He didn't say that there's no good or original content on YouTube, though. He said its hard to wade through the junk (i.e. Alfie Deyes) to find the actual talent, and that the people running YouTube are at fault for prioritizing quantity of clicks over quality of content for financial gain.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

yolandahuffins wrote:He didn't say that there's no good or original content on YouTube, though. He said its hard to wade through the junk (i.e. Alfie Deyes) to find the actual talent, and that the people running YouTube are at fault for prioritizing quantity of clicks over quality of content for financial gain.
You mean You Tube are running their business to make the most profit out of it. How utterly crazy of them!!! *Eye roll*

I'm glad people are calling out Jack's bullshit, his complaints are nothing more than self indulgent whinging.

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

He's boring me more and more...

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by han_han »

reallynotsuperbad wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Has anyone seen this? She's basically calling out Jack, she literally name checks him near the end. A bunch of youtubers he knows have tweeted about this so i'm sure he's aware of it, but i'm surprised he's not responded yet.
I got a little excited when she called him out at the end haha! That was great, thanks for making me aware of it :-D

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Jack and his friends are too busy drowning in their sea of mediocrity to even notice people like justkissmyfrog. They will call out the bigger youtubers for making subpar content before turning a mirror on themselves - imo, people who have been doing youtube for years now are coasting, no one is a standout, their videos all suck and its embarrassing seeing them try to hang on to the few last strands of relevancy.

I thought that "slam poetry" was awesome and that it needed to be made. Kudos to her for not being afraid to call him out (though why would anyone). Probably the best piece of content that I've seen in a while.

Cupcake Warpaint
Gossiper
Gossiper

LadyBugB wrote:Jack and his friends are too busy drowning in their sea of mediocrity to even notice people like justkissmyfrog. They will call out the bigger youtubers for making subpar content before turning a mirror on themselves - imo, people who have been doing youtube for years now are coasting, no one is a standout, their videos all suck and its embarrassing seeing them try to hang on to the few last strands of relevancy.

I thought that "slam poetry" was awesome and that it needed to be made. Kudos to her for not being afraid to call him out (though why would anyone). Probably the best piece of content that I've seen in a while.
I would also say that it's easier to call out someone like Alfie Deyes, who isn't the sharpest pencil in the box, rather than a smart lady like justkissmyfrog. I want him to reply to her so she can wipe the floor with him intellectually. That'd take his smug sense of superiority down a few notches.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Cupcake Warpaint wrote:
LadyBugB wrote:Jack and his friends are too busy drowning in their sea of mediocrity to even notice people like justkissmyfrog. They will call out the bigger youtubers for making subpar content before turning a mirror on themselves - imo, people who have been doing youtube for years now are coasting, no one is a standout, their videos all suck and its embarrassing seeing them try to hang on to the few last strands of relevancy.

I would also say that it's easier to call out someone like Alfie Deyes, who isn't the sharpest pencil in the box, rather than a smart lady like justkissmyfrog. I want him to reply to her so she can wipe the floor with him intellectually. That'd take his smug sense of superiority down a few notches.
So true - she hit him on an intellectual level, I bet he is scampering trying to come up with something to say. His rebuttal of course will not hold the same creativity or style as justkissmyfrog so it'll be interesting to see what he'll do, if he dares to do anything. I really think he has no choice but to promote her and her channel - though knowing him he'll spew out something to the affect of using his channel to promote lesser known youtubers and name her as somebody people should check out.

fleurish
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fleurish »

He's back at it with a spon video with his duster-inspired hair.

He still hadn't responded to the video mentioned here before, so he is agreeing with the girl's point of view.
English is my 2nd language, so, please, bear with me.

Post by Guest »

I don't find this boy funny at all, man! Like am I just thick? Does his humour just go straight er ma heid? Or maybe he's just an unfunny bastard. I feel like so many youtubers think they have this big fuckin personality... Like Hazel genuinely isny funny either. If I had a convo wi both of them I don't think I'd crack a smile once! It's because they try too hard man. That whole "hi I'm Amanda" thing aswell.... I've just deleted like aw the youtubers I had off snapchat cause they're all pure fuckin rides. Who gives a fuck aboot yer fuckin life? Why do you think your life is mare interesting than anybody else's? Also I can pure predict wit Jacks fuckin snapchats are gonny be anyways... It's him going "what is this?" To some fuckin filter! Fuckin away and sniff Spider-Man's fuckin pubes and get oot ma fuckin face ye specky fuckin loaf of Hovis fuckin multigrain. And take yer fuckin stuck up fuckin twice yer age fuckin grape of a girlfriend wi ye. Fuckin set a tits!

carriekelley
Informer
Informer

Post by carriekelley »

Lmao Jack likes to make himself out to be some incredibly smart film critic but damn. He stans for some bad shit. I'm friends with a comic blogger on tumblr and she made a post about how bad Captain America: Civil War looks and he responded with

Civil War was a messy, awful storyline that fucked up comics for years but Jack's gonna go hard for it and call it coherent? Lmao as well as calling out BVS which follows one of the most well renown and iconic comic books in history? Damn this boy doesn't know a thing

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

mazzy123 wrote:I don't find this boy funny at all, man! Like am I just thick? Does his humour just go straight er ma heid? Or maybe he's just an unfunny bastard. I feel like so many youtubers think they have this big fuckin personality... Like Hazel genuinely isny funny either. If I had a convo wi both of them I don't think I'd crack a smile once! It's because they try too hard man. That whole "hi I'm Amanda" thing aswell.... I've just deleted like aw the youtubers I had off snapchat cause they're all pure fuckin rides. Who gives a fuck aboot yer fuckin life? Why do you think your life is mare interesting than anybody else's? Also I can pure predict wit Jacks fuckin snapchats are gonny be anyways... It's him going "what is this?" To some fuckin filter! Fuckin away and sniff Spider-Man's fuckin pubes and get oot ma fuckin face ye specky fuckin loaf of Hovis fuckin multigrain. And take yer fuckin stuck up fuckin twice yer age fuckin grape of a girlfriend wi ye. Fuckin set a tits!
Nail on head.
carriekelley wrote:Lmao Jack likes to make himself out to be some incredibly smart film critic but damn. He stans for some bad shit. I'm friends with a comic blogger on tumblr and she made a post about how bad Captain America: Civil War looks and he responded with

Civil War was a messy, awful storyline that fucked up comics for years but Jack's gonna go hard for it and call it coherent? Lmao as well as calling out BVS which follows one of the most well renown and iconic comic books in history? Damn this boy doesn't know a thing
I hate to drudge up a Marvel vs. DC debate - this whole comparison whenever somebody dogs one of the movies is so tiring simply because they DO NOT compare. If you're looking for an depth and moral storytelling then DC movies will fit your cup of tea. Sure it is sometimes spoiled with wanting huge explosions and the female characters are never explored (hurry up Wonder Woman) but it has created some of the best Superheroes out there.

If you want more of a nonsensical, piss poor inaccurate telling of history and weak plots made only to show off unfunny characters then by all means, enjoy your Marvel. I guess you can tell my bias. With the exception of Deadpool I've never enjoyed a Marvel movie; even X-Men has poorly casted characters that take away from driving the story.

Jack can continue basing his opinions on trailers, it is actually funny that he does seeing as how he wants to be taken serious in the film world. He's ready to form an opinion on something he's not yet seen then, Captain America looks like utter crap.

Return to “The British Crew”