Joe Weller

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Joe Weller

Post by sweetmm »

LadyBugB wrote:^ I meant Alfie, he's never had a viral video in his life...
Oh ok, sorry for misunderstanding :D
Credit:amazingfiru

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

That's alright!

kurkunpaa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kurkunpaa »

I feel like I'm one of the few people here who actually really like his videos haha :D

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

he's clever - he's obviously moving away from the FIFA knobhead group/fanbase to the general British basic vloggers' base. He's still a dickwad though - racist, sexist etc. Urgh

ThatPerson
Debater
Debater

Post by ThatPerson »

He has a very strange face,no?

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

So his new song is doing really well in the UK charts, it's definitely in the Top 20 and maybe even the Top 10.

knee_svcks
Informer
Informer

Post by knee_svcks »

TrixieMattel wrote:he's clever - he's obviously moving away from the FIFA knobhead group/fanbase to the general British basic vloggers' base. He's still a dickwad though - racist, sexist etc. Urgh
Racist? Really? Although I knew he was a dickhead, I didn't think he had a race issue.

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

miserlou wrote:So his new song is doing really well in the UK charts, it's definitely in the Top 20 and maybe even the Top 10.
He was this weeks UK number 2. Pretty impressive ngl. Still think he's a bit of a tool

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

knee_svcks wrote:
TrixieMattel wrote:he's clever - he's obviously moving away from the FIFA knobhead group/fanbase to the general British basic vloggers' base. He's still a dickwad though - racist, sexist etc. Urgh
Racist? Really? Although I knew he was a dickhead, I didn't think he had a race issue.
he did blackface

mix10
Debater
Debater

Post by mix10 »

knee_svcks wrote:

I don't know if he has ever made racist remarks but a few times he has worn blackface. He did it in the video for his World Cup song and another video where he walked around pretending to be Mario Balotelli and talk to girls. I mean, I think he is just ignorant to why that's an insensitive thing to do, I think to him he was just being funny and dressing up as footballers. it spawned massive debates in the comments and so many people were defending him, saying that he obviously wasn't trying to he racist. I mean, Joe didn't do "traditional blackface", it was meant to be realistic, but it's still wrong and hopefully someone explained this to him. It's just not right to change your skin color to look like a different race regardless of your intentions, it's basically like turning someone's race into a costume.

knee_svcks
Informer
Informer

Post by knee_svcks »

mix10 wrote:
knee_svcks wrote:

I don't know if he has ever made racist remarks but a few times he has worn blackface. He did it in the video for his World Cup song and another video where he walked around pretending to be Mario Balotelli and talk to girls. I mean, I think he is just ignorant to why that's an insensitive thing to do, I think to him he was just being funny and dressing up as footballers. it spawned massive debates in the comments and so many people were defending him, saying that he obviously wasn't trying to he racist. I mean, Joe didn't do "traditional blackface", it was meant to be realistic, but it's still wrong and hopefully someone explained this to him. It's just not right to change your skin color to look like a different race regardless of your intentions, it's basically like turning someone's race into a costume.
Ahh, gotcha. Well now I definitely think he's an asshole that deserves to be knocked down a few pegs. That whole gamer-bro community can be absolutely horrible sometimes, and I don't know why more people don't call them out on their despicable behavior.

Also...does Weller do steroids or something? His biceps just look so strange to me.

CC_88
Informer
Informer

Post by CC_88 »

i'm a regular watcher of his videos and yes, he can be a total knobhead at times lol, but he's gotten a lot better and more mature since he started. also he's obviously not perfect, he's got insecurities and a sensitive side that he doesn't show very often cuz he wants to be accepted by the gaming culture and the bro/lad culture and for that you have to be "hard" in slang terms, or tough. so b/c of all that toxic masculinity at play mixed with his over the top LADLADLAD youtube persona, yeah i can see why people watch one video of his and think he's just a total wanker. :rofl:

i've also stuck with him cuz i think he has the perfect body and i'm an absolute sucker for freckles and he has them all over his face and body. also, he's got gorgeous blue eyes so i just mute him when he gets to be a bit too much. :tu: :rofl:

CaKeKylie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CaKeKylie »

His song is actually good and he's doing great on itunes

anteater

Post by anteater »

I found him weirdly endearing in those snapchats thanking the fans for buying his single

Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my first language

CC_88
Informer
Informer

Post by CC_88 »

anteater wrote:I found him weirdly endearing in those snapchats thanking the fans for buying his single

lol he's not an asshole like pointlesstwat, he's actually genuinely thankful for everything his fans have done for him.

knee_svcks
Informer
Informer

Post by knee_svcks »

CC_88 wrote:
anteater wrote:I found him weirdly endearing in those snapchats thanking the fans for buying his single

lol he's not an asshole like pointlesstwat, he's actually genuinely thankful for everything his fans have done for him.
That's great and all, but has he apologized for his sexist comments/use of blackface? I don't doubt his sincerity, but that doesn't excuse what he's done until he says sorry for it.

CC_88
Informer
Informer

Post by CC_88 »

knee_svcks wrote:
CC_88 wrote:

That's great and all, but has he apologized for his sexist comments/use of blackface? I don't doubt his sincerity, but that doesn't excuse what he's done until he says sorry for it.
well, he's probably not going to say sorry either and i've made my own peace with that. at least he's not as bad as KSI and his lot, but maybe i'm just blinded by his freckles and muscles lol :rofl:

Coffee4Me
Debater
Debater

Post by Coffee4Me »

Joe is lucky, he appeals to most of the younger male audience because of his lad culture but oddly enough girls find him attractive.. now he's cleaned up his image a little bit and continuing to work more with Gleamers it'll be interesting to see what the future has in store for him.

tnw
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tnw »

Doesn't anybody realise that 'his' song is no different to Zoella's book? Someone else has done the hard work, he's just put his name to it. The most he probably did was write the lyrics, which are the most generic I've heard in a while and took about 30 minutes max to think of. Admittedly, he does credit the producers in the description, but his 13yo minions aren't aware, and probably aren't that bothered. They'll be petitioning Creamfields next year when they don't announce him as a headliner.

Similarly, his persona reeks of insecurity. He credits the model he used (without actually using the word 'model', and it's the very last thing in the description), but of course the ignorant minions think they're actually together, and that's what Joe wants. The sly photos with her of his social media only contribute to this. The girls are all "Aww they're so cute together", whilst the guys are like "Yes Joe LAD, pulled mate! #BanterCheekyNandosLadBible". Also, the constant need to take his shirt off or flex his muscles at any given opportunity is cringeworthy. Short man syndrome springs to mind (which could be the case, he's only 5'7").

That said, I do respect him a damn sight more than most YouTubers. Was just watching a video of his not even two years ago where he's saying how thankfully he is to have 30k subscribers. He's been through the 'struggle' of not having famous YTer mates with millions of subscribers and seemed to enjoy actually making content and it still shows how much pride he takes in his work, and how appreciative he is of the support. Whilst he does do the typical "5 minutes of me talking in front of a camera in my bedroom" videos, he puts much more effort in some of the productions he's done.

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

tnw wrote:#BanterCheekyNandosLadBible
Ahahahahaha!

Also didn't realise this guy had a thread.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

Return to “The British Crew”