Will Darbyshire

labenx
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will Darbyshire

Post by labenx »

I briefly listed to the podcast he did on Filler Soundcloud. He sounds so pretentious. He said his dream was to be a film director but he didnt want to do it the normal way ( ie working for it by being a runner/ assistant etc ). He wanted to make things. Rich spoilt boy.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Well his reality will wake him up when he realizes that is not how the world works. He's such an idiot, wow.

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

LadyBugB wrote:Well his reality will wake him up when he realizes that is not how the world works. He's such an idiot, wow.
It just sounds like he doesnt want to put the work it. He did a 2 year course ( not a degree) and has been doing basically nothing for 2 years. He sounded like he just wanted to have it handed to him.
I hate those kind of people- success needs work.

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

labenx wrote:I briefly listed to the podcast he did on Filler Soundcloud. He sounds so pretentious. He said his dream was to be a film director but he didnt want to do it the normal way ( ie working for it by being a runner/ assistant etc ). He wanted to make things. Rich spoilt boy.
not saying it can't be done, look at Casey Neistat...but, you still have to put in the work.
he could totally change his vlogs into something going in that direction, instead of whatever he has tried to do to set him apart from the british crew rambling on vlogs or doing challenges. but he seems to be doing less and less.

at first i thought Will was different than the others, but he's turning into the same. i think my favorite vlogs of his are the travel ones, although it irked me when he listed the video as Asia when it was just really mostly Thailand.

labenx
Informer
Informer

Post by labenx »

luvey wrote:
labenx wrote:I briefly listed to the podcast he did on Filler Soundcloud. He sounds so pretentious. He said his dream was to be a film director but he didnt want to do it the normal way ( ie working for it by being a runner/ assistant etc ). He wanted to make things. Rich spoilt boy.
not saying it can't be done, look at Casey Neistat...but, you still have to put in the work.
he could totally change his vlogs into something going in that direction, instead of whatever he has tried to do to set him apart from the british crew rambling on vlogs or doing challenges. but he seems to be doing less and less.

at first i thought Will was different than the others, but he's turning into the same. i think my favorite vlogs of his are the travel ones, although it irked me when he listed the video as Asia when it was just really mostly Thailand.
Casey Neistat has worked consistently for over 10 years. He's willing to put the hours in. Not something Will seems to want to do.

Anyway nowdays internet is full of wannabe directors so the competitions tough.. Look on Vimeo its incredible. Youtube is for amateurs

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

labenx wrote:
Casey Neistat has worked consistently for over 10 years. He's willing to put the hours in. Not something Will seems to want to do.

Anyway nowdays internet is full of wannabe directors so the competitions tough.. Look on Vimeo its incredible. Youtube is for amateurs
Casey worked hard, but he wasn't conventional in the route he took to get where he is. I agree Will has LazyYouTube-itus. I love vimeo, the videos there are just beautiful.

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

novlau wrote:Jesus Christ how the hell did Will become so unlikeable so fast? I always thought maybe my dislike for Arden was making me dislike him but his tumblr is full of passive agressive sarcastic replies and his whine fest about youtube being hard? pathetic
My thoughts exactly. Maybe because we saw less of him his whole philosophical, pretentious, hipstery shit wasn't as blatant and now that we see him A LOT more it's extremely apparent he's just another whiny, try-hard.

too bad. :roll:

devilsadvocate
Debater
Debater

Post by devilsadvocate »

novlau wrote:Jesus Christ how the hell did Will become so unlikeable so fast? I always thought maybe my dislike for Arden was making me dislike him but his tumblr is full of passive agressive sarcastic replies and his whine fest about youtube being hard? pathetic
I agree. I used to like him (as seen from earlier in the thread), but I don't even bother watching his videos now.

He's still got a pretty face, so he better do something with that before it's gone to waste though, haha.
Sorry if I do something wrong, still new to this site. Feel free to correct me. :)

devilsadvocate
Debater
Debater

Post by devilsadvocate »

I agree. I used to like him (as seen from earlier in the thread), but I don't even bother watching his videos now.

He's still got a pretty face, so he better do something with that before it's gone to waste though, haha.
Sorry if I do something wrong, still new to this site. Feel free to correct me. :)

Calabria
Informer
Informer

Post by Calabria »

Will and Arden are driving my bus.

That's my imaginary bus I fill with people who BUG THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME which is sadly headed towards a cliff. The nearer the front of the bus the more likely they are to perish in a hipstery fireball.

OH WELLZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

So much he could be doing in the world, yet him and Arden would rather be those people who communicate on social media whilst sitting next to each other. Doing nothing with their lives.

ged11
Learner
Learner

Post by ged11 »

Someone said that he wears his heart on his sleeve and I have to agree. If you only check his well thought out videos and instagram photos, you get a guy who seems intelligent and artsy.

Now from his tweets? Good lord. After his break up with Alexa, not only did he bash her on twitter (which is kind of immature) but for months tweeted out hate to any couple he saw on the streets. Ok boy, you can think all you want, but actually tweet how mad it makes you seeing a couple in love?

Glad that Arden came along but as many of you think, she resembles Alexa a lot (physically, they could be twins)

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

I watched the Califorina road trip vlogs of the Vaga Brothers, Ben Brown and Louis...i also watched Will's video.
Will really had a beautifully edited video. But in a lot of ways it came across as super personal, private love letter to his girlfriend. I get he was going for that angle as a story. But most of his vlogs has been so focused on his girlfriend. It reminds me of that person who when in a relationship can't function without the other, and makes their significant other their whole world.

When i was watching the other vlogs, there just something off with Will. like i get being awkward. and i get being weird. and i get being playful with friends. But these moments caught on film by the others, they come across as super co dependent and feeding off of each other's awkwardness.

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

yea his "California" vlog really bothered me, it should've been just called "Arden: Part 5" lol. They're just trying so hard to be that cute tumblr-y couple in their videos and it doesn't translate well. :|

half_pint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by half_pint »

Once again I'm probably biased because I cannot stand Arden, but in their q&a video (on Arden's channel) to me they have 0 chemistry like I've seen collab videos of people who had never met prior to filming the collab and they seem more in sync than will and arden

daisy16
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by daisy16 »

novlau wrote:Once again I'm probably biased because I cannot stand Arden, but in their q&a video (on Arden's channel) to me they have 0 chemistry like I've seen collab videos of people who had never met prior to filming the collab and they seem more in sync than will and arden
I'm amazed they've been together this long. They are seriously the weirdest couple ever. Since Arden has started dating him, it's like she tries being the female equivalent of him and it's just off. Like, any time they film videos I feel like I'm watching two people who hardly know each other awkwardly making small talk.

MotherRussia
Informer
Informer

Post by MotherRussia »

They look like siblings. It's just weird.

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

Out of curiosity I watched their q&a video and when I saw how try-hard they were I knew right away that the only thing these two are capable of is putting on a front. When Arden mentioned she liked Will's attention to detail and gave an example, I was like...girl. That is not what attention to detail means. I bet they go around trying to construct intellectual conversations only to sound uneducated and dumb.

Go back to school idiots.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Watching his latest video and his (and his 'team's') spin on the youtuber book is frankly awful. Clearly going to be a sort of hipster post-secret for him to put his name on. He claims to love books a the start but he doesn't appear to actually be writing one.

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

LadyBugB wrote:Out of curiosity I watched their q&a video and when I saw how try-hard they were I knew right away that the only thing these two are capable of is putting on a front. When Arden mentioned she liked Will's attention to detail and gave an example, I was like...girl. That is not what attention to detail means. I bet they go around trying to construct intellectual conversations only to sound uneducated and dumb.

Go back to school idiots.
YES! Exactly!

Return to “The British Crew”