Will Darbyshire

SRW88
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Will Darbyshire

Post by SRW88 »

At least his brother actually put in the physical and mental effort (even if you have connections, you still have to be able to actually play, rather than making videos, where... anything goes more or less) to play football professionally (for QPR until earlier this year, it seems). You'd think with Will's condescending manner he'd be from some kind of established gentry family, or something, but really it doesn't look like it. I don't know why it seems they're THAT rich, since his dad's hardly super-famous or anything. Also, as I notice someone's already posted about this in this thread, he was the lead singer from Living in a Box. I was trying to be circumspect before, but I guess it wouldn't be hard to find a musician called 'Darbyshire' anyway :)

From taking a look at it, his grandfather was from Cheshire, later lived in S.W.13 (i.e. not cheap), but worked in Japan for a while where his son went to school before Oxford University (according to Richard Darbyshire's Wikipedia article). Will's grandfather's father was also from Cheshire, where he lived in a very small and not-at-all swanky house, and HIS father was a Warrington milk dealer, then a domestic gardener. Nothing wrong with honest work, of course- it's just kind of at odds with the whole 'life of Riley' Will seems to live, and it's interesting to see where people like him come from, I think.

Return to “The British Crew”