Sam Pepper - Part 3

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sam Pepper - Part 3

Post by sweetmm »

I had always believed he was a d-bag and on this my view had not changed. Obviously his pranks are all fake and so are others, so I was not bothered by them being fake but I hate that they were objectifying women and that he was claiming they were real.

I had been waiting for over a year to have some proof of his rape allegations and until now there is none. I stop believing in these allegations when everyone was saying he got picked up by police for questioning etc2 but when the police was asked it never happened. All allegations are based on hear-say, second-hand reporting and anonymous accusers. In comparison with other youtubers where we get the victims to come forward openly and/or the youtubers admitting to it. I'm still hoping the victims will openly come out and there will be evidences that will confirm all these rape allegations, cause I don't want to believe it was all made up :(
Credit:amazingfiru

grumpysod
Talker
Talker

Post by grumpysod »

Everyone has their opinion on Sam Pepper don't they?

My view is that he isn't all that bright and definitely lacks social skills and the ability to tell what is socially appropriate - there may even be a legitimate reason for this.

However I've always felt it was 'obvious' that most of his prank videos were scripted or 'fake'. Much of his content was in poor taste but ultimately harmless in my view. And lets not forget the viewers lapped it up too. Most of those kind of youtube videos are scripted anyway, heck even many of the daily vloggers have a 'persona' so as not to completely sell themselves.

As far as I can tell some allegations of sexual assault were made public then a shit load of people jumped on the hate bandwagon calling him a rapist and so on. However to my knowledge none of this has never formally come to anything with the authorities. - I believe in Innocent until proven guilty, always. I don't believe in trial by social media which has become very popular lately and is exactly what has taken place here.

I have no idea if the latest offerings from Sam are genuine or PR managed guff in an attempt to restore his reputation, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he was foolish and dug himself into a massive hole and has been damaged by the backlash. I mean the guy has basically lost friends, his income, everything. On the back of some tasteless videos, unproven allegations and a social media witch hunt.

IMO the people who were viewing his content lately purely in order to spew abuse at him have major issues of their own.

Post by Guest »

The thing that really sucks is that as much as I loathe Sam Pepper as a person, I found myself defending him because of the rape allegations, and how so many notable feminists (like that cunt Laci Green) just jumped on that bandwagon, no questions asked, based solely off of accusations because they simply did not like him... and then doubling down when the glaring discrepancies were unearthed. I absolutely hate this intolerant SJW culture that has taken over the liberal movement because it just polices everything as racist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, ageist, ableist, blah blah fuckity blah. I'm for all of these things, but not at the expense of free speech, and that includes free speech for people we find repulsive. Using Sam Pepper as fodder for a so-called "rape culture" that crumbles under the littlest of scrutiny just highlights how "listen and believe" completely undermines the justice system and hurts actual rape victims in addition to innocent people railroaded by online social media warriors and the court of public opinion.I

Sam Pepper will never gain traction again because he doesn't produce anything of substance... that and the fanbase will never be as big as it was since tastes are so damn fickle and they all just move on to something new. But, as far as I know, he's never been convicted of any rape or sexual assault, and being an interminably douchey person is not a crime. These online lynch mobs are doing a serious disservice to rape victims.

nocoolname
Learner
Learner

Post by nocoolname »

While there hasn't been any proof of the rape allegations I don't doubt for a fact that this guy is a complete and utter moron. I watched him on the reality TV show he was on before he got popular on YouTube and he sexually assaulted a woman on that by shoving his crotch in her face. I've watched him in other youtubers vlogs at conventions being rude and inappropriate too so I've never liked the guy. The fact he makes fake videos just shows how untalented he is.
His apology video he didn't once actually say he was sorry. He just spent 20 minutes trying to justify why he's such a little prick. I didn't buy his sob story whatsoever. The fact he only 'apologised' is because he realised he was losing subscribers and views and was making less money. How many chances does this guy want? I give it a couple months if that before he screws up again.

lilturtle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lilturtle »

grumpysod wrote:Everyone has their opinion on Sam Pepper don't they?

My view is that he isn't all that bright and definitely lacks social skills and the ability to tell what is socially appropriate - there may even be a legitimate reason for this.

However I've always felt it was 'obvious' that most of his prank videos were scripted or 'fake'. Much of his content was in poor taste but ultimately harmless in my view. And lets not forget the viewers lapped it up too. Most of those kind of youtube videos are scripted anyway, heck even many of the daily vloggers have a 'persona' so as not to completely sell themselves.

As far as I can tell some allegations of sexual assault were made public then a shit load of people jumped on the hate bandwagon calling him a rapist and so on. However to my knowledge none of this has never formally come to anything with the authorities. - I believe in Innocent until proven guilty, always. I don't believe in trial by social media which has become very popular lately and is exactly what has taken place here.

I have no idea if the latest offerings from Sam are genuine or PR managed guff in an attempt to restore his reputation, but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he was foolish and dug himself into a massive hole and has been damaged by the backlash. I mean the guy has basically lost friends, his income, everything. On the back of some tasteless videos, unproven allegations and a social media witch hunt.

IMO the people who were viewing his content lately purely in order to spew abuse at him have major issues of their own.
You believe in "innocent until proven guilty" yet you don't believe in the innocence of these women. You believe they're guilty of lying, guilty of making a false rape claim. There is no "neutral" stance on rape. You cannot withhold your judgement re: rape because doing so will always BENEFIT the accused and never benefit victims, ergo: your "neutrality" wouldn't, in fact, be neutral. You've chosen Sam's "innocence" over the victim's "innocence".

Post by Guest »

lilturtle wrote:
grumpysod wrote:Everyone has their opinion on Sam Pepper don't they?

You believe in "innocent until proven guilty" yet you don't believe in the innocence of these women. You believe they're guilty of lying, guilty of making a false rape claim. There is no "neutral" stance on rape. You cannot withhold your judgement re: rape because doing so will always BENEFIT the accused and never benefit victims, ergo: your "neutrality" wouldn't, in fact, be neutral. You've chosen Sam's "innocence" over the victim's "innocence".
Alleged victims... Sam Pepper has not been charged with anything as of now, and "innocent until proven guilty" means just that... until there is sufficient evidence to proceed with any trial or to bring about charges, he cannot be seen as guilty, in the eyes of the law. Emotions don't have clout when it comes to the law, and it's important that we remember that, otherwise why even bother with the justice system. Your kind of rhetoric is what alarms me, because it simply allows for individuals to claim an assault and the burden is instantly put on the person being accused, not the one making the claim... basically meaning all you have to do is accuse me of rape, and I would have to prove I didn't rape you, but still have to put up with people claiming I did because you said so. I am well aware of the small number of false rape claims, but until that number is down to zero, skepticism and probing is an absolute must. Because those small number of falsely accused/convicted would probably have a different take on your kind of talk.

Post by Guest »

And by the way, this is not me defending Sam Pepper, this is me defending "innocent until proven guilty"

Because these online social justice mobs so quick to convict someone are really getting out of hand, and I have seen firsthand the effects of watching someone be railroaded and losing his career over a crime he did not even commit. Sam Pepper very well may be an apathetic raping sociopath with no regard for any woman, but what is available, other than a badly filled out police report from a "victim" that would not even cooperate with cops?

grumpysod
Talker
Talker

Post by grumpysod »

lilturtle wrote: You believe in "innocent until proven guilty" yet you don't believe in the innocence of these women. You believe they're guilty of lying, guilty of making a false rape claim. There is no "neutral" stance on rape. You cannot withhold your judgement re: rape because doing so will always BENEFIT the accused and never benefit victims, ergo: your "neutrality" wouldn't, in fact, be neutral. You've chosen Sam's "innocence" over the victim's "innocence".
Innocent until proven guilty is a basic principle of law. If you don't believe in it then you can't really believe in the rule of law in my opinion.

I never claimed anyone was guilty of lying or making false allegations. But it is a fact that these rape/sexual assault claims have not been reported to the police (despite the internet rumour mill), Sam hasn't been charged with any crime and so he hasn't been proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law. Therefore these claims remain unproven allegations only.

My point is these social justice warriors have decided they are capable of being judge, jury and executioner and they have decided he is guilty and have gone on an all out witch hunt to destroy him. This is clearly wrong in my view. I with hold judgement because I do not have full possession of the facts (nor does anyone else as there is so much BS floating around online).

You seem to be implying that anyone that claims a certain crime has been committed against them should automatically be believed and the alleged perpetrator should be assumed guilty. Basically you appear to be arguing for the reversal of the burden of proof.

Quite frankly your post makes you sound batshit. Step off the SJW witch hunt bandwagon for a moment and actually analyse the situation. Some people have made claims but have not chosen to actually pursue these in any meaningful way...... as a result Pepper's career has been ruined and millions of internet loons have labelled him rapist.

How would you feel if you were Sam Pepper's shoes ? - having had these rumours/allegations destroy friendships, your reputation, your career and income stream despite not being found legally guilty of anything and not having had a chance of proving yourself not guilty either.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

^ To the last two posters, good to know there is some sense in this world. I consider myself a feminist not a feminazi but I often feel like If I out myself as that I have to explain it first as I don't want men to think I am one that thinks females rights matter more than guys, or I only want the benefits and not the curses of right to independence. It's about EQUALITY, and frankly if women (or MEN, children, etc) could be believed anytime they made serious accusations it would mean that there is no such thing as "lying" and since we all know what ppl are capable of I reserve judgment until I have more information and am not so quick to jump the gun, like other proclaimed "feminists" are.

Ot: That Laci Green girl is too clickbaity for me to believe anyway, I watched another video from her and the title was very misleading. I don't think she is what I consider a reliable source.
That being said I don't think Sam Pepper IS "what he is accused" of but he is still a guy that got too greedy and desperate and made some pretty bad choices, and I CAN find fault with him for that. That being said, he's only human and probably not the monster he has been made out to be.

1million
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by 1million »

I sort of missed the whole mess that went on with Sam over the last year or so... I remember briefly seeing some backlash after that "making out with random girls" video, then the sexual assault/unfounded rape accusations - then just a few days ago was the first time I heard about the fake murder prank.

Anyway, seems like he's given up on prank videos and just going with vlogs - which I have to say, I find pretty interesting so far...

TrixieMattel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TrixieMattel »

It's funny how rapists are always innocent until proven guilty, but raped people are liars until proven otherwise. :roll:

Post by Guest »

TrixieMattel wrote:It's funny how rapists are always innocent until proven guilty, but raped people are liars until proven otherwise. :roll:
And thieves,murderers, serial killers, stalkers, batterers, etc... EVERYONE'S innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, unless they plead GUILTY. What kind of dumb statement are you trying to make, because I could drive a semi through the holes in your logic.

It's not funny... it's called "due process." It's the same rule of law that we are all governed by and doesn't change just because the criminal/crime is one you take personal exception with. I'm sorry, but I'm not particularly comfortable living in a world that just assumes the guilt of someone because of the claim made by another, especially if the claim is the only evidence. That is why it is better to set up systems that allow potential rape victims to report their assaults immediately and to gather any evidence available, instead of railroading individuals into prison because person X claimed they were raped by person Y. What you say is really troubling, because it just pisses all over the judicial system in favor of lynch mob justice.

It's funny how with that statement, you've demonstrated your complete lack of knowledge on the judicial process. And I don't care if you didn't quote me, because you're clearly directing your passive-aggression at me and those who aren't of the "hang 'em" mentality.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

Know one knows the truth to this he-said she-said drama except those involved but the burden of proof lays on the accuser and not the accused. It's only fair. I'm not trying to discount women who said they have had something happen to them but the reason they can't prove it is because they need to call it in right away and females know they have power if they accuse a guy of that sort of thing and anyone who's ever had any power will try to abuse it. It's NOT 100% fair but the only way to know who is telling the truth is watching everything everyone does (big brother: 24 cameras everywhee) and no one wants that.

It's unfortunate side effect of a being a woman but I have had ppl protect me when I got myself in precarious situations and it's fact of life that you have to learn to protect yourself when you're able because ppl will take advantage and if you haven't learned to have common sense or a sense of the dangerous of the world, then I'm not sure what bubble you've been living in. I'm 100% against all rape (in fact if it's 100% proven the best way to make sure it never happens again is to **** **** ***** ***!)

These days you can't trust anybody. It sucks but there is a reason why girls don't go to things like clubs alone. We have to protect each other and have preventative measures for each other but anytime we do find a guy that HAS DONE something that disgusting that's when it's okay to burn them and let them go down them in flames.

Post by Guest »

smars27 wrote:Know one knows the truth to this he-said she-said drama except those involved but the burden of proof lays on the accuser and not the accused. It's only fair. I'm not trying to discount women who said they have had something happen to them but the reason they can't prove it is because they need to call it in right away and females know they have power if they accuse a guy of that sort of thing and anyone who's ever had any power will try to abuse it. It's NOT 100% fair but the only way to know who is telling the truth is watching everything everyone does (big brother: 24 cameras everywhee) and no one wants that.

It's unfortunate side effect of a being a woman but I have had ppl protect me when I got myself in precarious situations and it's fact of life that you have to learn to protect yourself when you're able because ppl will take advantage and if you haven't learned to have common sense or a sense of the dangerous of the world, then I'm not sure what bubble you've been living in. I'm 100% against all rape (in fact if it's 100% proven the best way to make sure it never happens again is to **** **** ***** ***!)

These days you can't trust anybody. It sucks but there is a reason why girls don't go to things like clubs alone. We have to protect each other and have preventative measures for each other but anytime we do find a guy that HAS DONE something that disgusting that's when it's okay to burn them and let them go down them in flames.
Oh, no... don't you know that teaching women to be vigilant to be alert of their surroundings and the people next to them is blaming the victim? Because apparently men need to be told not to rape, because in the event that a rapist is in their midst, he'll get the message and not rape because he was told not to... because rapists are SO good at doing what they are told. Wouldn't we as humans want the ability to minimize the potential of us being a victim rather than going around hoping that the criminals around us don't do criminal things? Because I guarantee you, criminals are going to do criminal things, so while it's not 100 percent effective. protecting yourself and making sound decisions definitely minimizes your chances of being a victim or being put in a compromising position.

grumpysod
Talker
Talker

Post by grumpysod »

TrixieMattel wrote:It's funny how rapists are always innocent until proven guilty, but raped people are liars until proven otherwise. :roll:
The issues relating to the above have been explained in detail about 5 times on this thread.

I can only hope those who don't seem to comprehend why innocent until proven guilty has to apply are all 12 years old and will grow out of their immaturity and ignorance on day. And I don't think anybody has called anyone a liar so that is a straw man point anyway.

The thought that there might be adults expressing a wish for this kind of lynch mob justice and that these people could eligible to take part in real judicial process is fucking terrifying......... can you imagine being accused of a crime you didn't commit only to find yourself being tried by a jury consisting of these people who seem to think an accusation leveled on social media combined with you being a bit odd is enough proof to convict you. FML. :o

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

Honestly idk whenever he raped anyone or not but the fact that he makes a video grabbing women's butt as a fun thing even if scripted is just so inappropriate. What's to say he wouldn't act inappropriate with women off camera? Like that girl claiming he was touching her inappropriately in the movie theatre. There's nothing whatsoever indicating that Sam wouldn't be dumb and inappropriate enough to do something like that. It's also weird that if he is so innocent that he hasn't said anything about it until now with the excuse "No one would have believed me anyway!" Like those are some serious allegations and he did not plead innocent at all until now? If I were accused of a crime I didn't commit for the whole world to see I would do my best to claim my innocence. And then there is this anonymous video of the girl accusing him of rape. She doesn't get anything out of that besides ruining Sam's reputation. Unless Sam has done something to her personally idk why a random girl would just make that up. :S

I'm not saying he is a rapist but I'm just pointing out things I find weird.

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

I don't think there is nothing - too many people that know/knew him have said something and turned their backs and alluded to things, but (and I know it's hard and I've read the stats and the trauma caused from prosecution) I really wish one or more of the girls would have gone to the police.

It worries me that the internet moves so quickly that he will gain new fans who don't know who he is.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

One apology from him and all of sudden his videos are getting heaps of likes again. How fickle can humans be lol? The most alarming part is that he did not address the rape/sexual harassment allegations until now. I don't know whenever he is just stupid but that is really unusual behaviour of someone completely innocent. Why all this time? He claimed that the ass pinch prank was a social experiment so it's not like he hasn't shown us that he will lie to get out of situations before. We've also seen him think that pinching women's butt is something to laugh about. Again, why are people putting their trust in this guy?
Also, for the girls not going to the police, aren't the majority of the allegations sexual harassment rather than actual rape? Most women don't really go to the cops over sexual harassment sadly since it will be extremely hard to prove.

ClipClap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ClipClap »

From 0:18-0:45, Pewdiepie refers to the Sam Pepper situation about YouTube pranks.

It made me laugh although I know it shouldn't have.
I usually use my phone - autocorrect (Swype) mistakes are unintentional.

BloopersTuesday
Learner
Learner

Post by BloopersTuesday »

I wonder if he has some sort of relationship with Dylan past friendship...?

Return to “The British Crew”