Bertie Gilbert

suburbanlights
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bertie Gilbert

Post by suburbanlights »

I'm sorry, I think Bertie is extremely talented and an amazing filmmaker (if he were to make an actual film, I'd watch it), but Jesus, he isn't half pretentious.

I don't know how he used to be - I've only started watching him post-deleting all his previous content - but I can't bring myself to watch any videos of just him.

He seems like a nice guy, I just wish he realized he didn't need to fit this 'deep' and 'hipster appearance' stereotype for his work to be taken seriously.

Lame
Learner
Learner

Post by Lame »

I find some of his films great while others are mediocre. I wasn't really a fan of 'Blue Sushi' especially the name (spoiler alert it's just the name of the band). Also I've been watching him since 'Tumbleweed productions' if anyone was watching him back then. And if I were him I would have taken some of those videos down too hahaha.

Theenamesjenna
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Theenamesjenna »

I thought his "A Chat With..." videos were hilarious; I wish he wouldn't have deleted/privated them.

florence101
Lurker
Lurker

Post by florence101 »

Lovely lovely person, a viewer since 2010 and I'm so proud to see him find himself and achieve what he's wanted and develop himself as a person. couldn't be happier for him and sav, and fantastic news about the feature film!! x

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

I feel like a pedo as I am a bit turned on watching the end of his latest movie :?
Credit:amazingfiru

Mandarijn2
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Mandarijn2 »

I really disliked his acting in 'Friend like me', I felt like he wasn't acting at all...
please don't hate me for my poor english :tu:

boredtears
Talker
Talker

Post by boredtears »

normally i really don't like to make these kind of comments....but what's up with bertie's hair/style? he genuinely looks like an old man with all the weird cardigans and unkempt hair. is that the aesthetic he's trying to go for, or has he just given up? if it's the latter, then i guess it's relatable tbh

LadyBugB
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LadyBugB »

boredtears wrote:normally i really don't like to make these kind of comments....but what's up with bertie's hair/style? he genuinely looks like an old man with all the weird cardigans and unkempt hair. is that the aesthetic he's trying to go for, or has he just given up? if it's the latter, then i guess it's relatable tbh
Trying to create a tortured artist look maybe? They all do it, esp those coming from well to do families and have great financial backing. It's quite pathetic and embarrassing to say the least.

fredspoon
Learner
Learner

Post by fredspoon »

Absolutely

dottiejamz12
Learner
Learner

Post by dottiejamz12 »

Bertie and Sav are my favorite yt couple. I cant help it I just love them together and their pics always make me feel like ugh stop being so adorable

Post by Guest »

Man, Bertie has turned into the most pretentious person lately. Better watch out, Jack Howard, Bertie's coming for your brand!

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

It's his glasses that kill me. They remind me of Timmy Mallet.

For the uninitiated, Timmy Mallet was a painfully irritating British TV presenter in the 90's, as seen here: Image

grumpysod
Talker
Talker

Post by grumpysod »

sunnyb123 wrote:Man, Bertie has turned into the most pretentious person lately. Better watch out, Jack Howard, Bertie's coming for your brand!
"lately" ? It happened probably more than 2 years ago that he started to disappear up his own ass.

fredspoon
Learner
Learner

Post by fredspoon »

Absolutely true just awful. The view count on his videos prove this. No way he can make a living on just these alone.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Also agree that he's very pretentious - his style, his tweets, etc are just yuck. It wouldn't be as bad if his 'short films' were any good.... He tries very hard to show how mature he is but I think he'll look back in a few years and realise this was his most immature period.

prettyglass
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prettyglass »

fredspoon wrote:Absolutely true just awful. The view count on his videos prove this. No way he can make a living on just these alone.
He's from a pretty well off family so he's probably getting financial support from Mummy. Also, Sav said in one of her videos that the flat is more hers than Bertie's

fredspoon
Learner
Learner

Post by fredspoon »

So what has happened to him in a year? I clicked very briefly on his YT channel and there was nothing posted for months. All very sad when people like him and Jacksgap were at the top of the pile a few years ago. Now nothing.

Monster_Guru33
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Monster_Guru33 »

I'm curious as to whether him and Savannah have broken up or not.

nainai19
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by nainai19 »

Yes I think they have! Savannah is hanging out with some guy named Ethan and Bertie is in Greece, he mentioned having a really hard time recently. They still follow each other on socials but haven’t posted or liked each other’s stuff in ages. Savannah shared some sad poetry a while back. I really hope they haven’t but idk, they might have :(

pettyblue
Learner
Learner

Post by pettyblue »

nainai19 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:30 am
Yes I think they have! Savannah is hanging out with some guy named Ethan and Bertie is in Greece, he mentioned having a really hard time recently. They still follow each other on socials but haven’t posted or liked each other’s stuff in ages. Savannah shared some sad poetry a while back. I really hope they haven’t but idk, they might have :(
Very sure they have long time ago. He moved out since April. He is taking things slower than Sav and I’m sure it’ll be better in the long run. Looking forward to see his next films! I loved the music video with Chloe he made. If Bertie ever reads this, I hope he makes more casual youtube uploads as well, because his style is not repetitive and always inspiring.

Return to “The British Crew”