German speaking youtuber

tjugo
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: German speaking youtuber

Post by tjugo »

Uuuuumm okay, I totally forgot about "Koko" until now :rofl: Interesting to see that she changed her content, especially since she was semi-successfull back in the day within her beauty community. If she doesn't quit youtube, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to sell her viewers some dubious shit in the near future
No signature please

tomtom1308
Talker
Talker

Post by tomtom1308 »

Koko is buttigly! And she has no style!

S_atLI71
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by S_atLI71 »

Thanks for all the responses, guys!

I didn't know koko was still active, that's quite surprising.

I checked out Ebru's channel and I'm quite shocked how different her life and everything is. Last time I saw her videos was when she was pregnant with her first child. It could just be my impression but I feel like she has resolved to more clickbait-y kinda videos, and her attitude towards ads also seem to have changed, but still, I hope she's doing well, now that she has her own family and all.

As for reni, is she still in medical school? Cause I looked at her insta and it seems that she still loves high-end stuff so I'm curious how she can afford that lifestyle still without YouTube.

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

S_atLI71 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:38 am

As for reni, is she still in medical school? Cause I looked at her insta and it seems that she still loves high-end stuff so I'm curious how she can afford that lifestyle still without YouTube.
She must be finished by now. Either she works, or her boyfriend or husband works. She seems to have a lot of time on her hands, though, so I don't really see her working as a doctor. She gets lots of PR samples from luxury makeup and skincare brands, she even gets free books now that she has made so many posts about her love for books. Maybe her income from social media is large enough, especially if she is living with her partner and sharing expenses. I still think she's desperate for a personality, she tries so hard to make herself seem special and interesting. Her sudden love for books was so cringeworthy. She gushes and raves about them just like she used to about her fifty MAC lipsticks, washi tape, or whatever her latest hobby was. She buys huge amounts of books but doesn't seen to finish most of them.

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

To be fair though, she did make quite a few videos about books she was reading even back during her beauty YTer days. I remember it because she inspired me to read some of her recommendations. These days she seems to read a LOT of books but yeah, not sure if she actually finishes most of them.

Lady_Mary
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lady_Mary »

Quilian wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:41 pm
Did you know that sami slimanis name is actually semy? Fun thing was somebody found out and posted it. Sami denied and posted a fake document. Then when his sisters and him founded an own company, low and behold it stated semy hahaha also it’s lamia for one of his sisters.
Recently, I think, he got shit storm for a video that was her similar to another one. The beginning and wording was even exactly the same. He apologized and deleted it. Also he was on a celeb cooking show. Maybe jungle camp is next. his follower number has pretty much plateaued. I remember watching his teaching 1 m video some years ago. Nothing much changed since then. I guess it’s still enough to live a comfortable life. He has been sued for false advertisement and therefore on his Instagram, there stands Werbung&Anzeigen. Salami is his nickname.

Personally he is probably he first and pretty much only german youtuber I followed. But back in the days, there was not much to choose from. I used to subscribe to his yt channel. And back in the days he personally wrote me on fb asking to help with sth (probably voting for him)
I know other german youtuber mainly coz the news write about them. I don’t find anyone appealing. It cringes me when they start to talk Denglish, utilizing English words in german sentences.
Sami was fun back then, more relatable and he seemed passionate. He said he started using YouTube to practice his English by uploading videos and talk to others. He also mentioned he had a gf (and if he has a partner by now, he probably wouldn’t publicize it in fear to lose his fangirls. Who does he think he is? A Korean pop star?) he seemed genuine and really wanted to help people. He was bullied in school and yt was his escape. But as time passed, he became hard to watch. His constant cheery: me a thumbs up and subscribe. Always!!! His sisters joined. Fame got to him. I had a crush. His slimy attitude, I don’t think I could live with it. And don’t forget him trying to become a singer.
So I’m his age and stopped watching long time ago. And all the others from back then probably stopped too. All is left are his young audience.
Maison Slimani! They really try to milk money where they can. Even his sisters husband uses Slimani as last name on insta (pretty sure he doesn’t have it on his documents)
You see, everyone wants to succeed and become rich. Just when you yourself are the product. You shouldn’t become a sellout. It’s no surprise he got sued. I check on him from time to time.
I m guessing Salami Boy is into sausages? ;-) has he come out yet?

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

I feel like "booktube" was just another "Sau, die durchs Dorf getrieben wurde" for them - basically like filofaxing for more intellectual YouTubers or those who want to appear as such... I am not just your regular MakeUp-Youtube-kinda girl, duh!
Btw as seen with Lena from ConsiderCologne, she is also reading, you guys! :D

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

londongirl2001 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm
To be fair though, she did make quite a few videos about books she was reading even back during her beauty YTer days. I remember it because she inspired me to read some of her recommendations. These days she seems to read a LOT of books but yeah, not sure if she actually finishes most of them.

Yeah, but she only read a fraction of the books she showed, and finished even less. She usually managed to read more trivial literature but gave up on the classics, which is fine, not everyone has to read world literature, or whatever. But it seemed that she always wanted to have the image of a very well read person. She claimed to be a lover of Anna Karenina and named her channel after it, but didn't actually read the book until a couple of years ago, again, I'm not sure she finished it this time. Youtubers who actually read books will usually discuss the books after reading them and have a personal opinion on them. Reni mostly shows stacks of books she has bought, emphasizing how crazy and obsessed she is with books (desperate for a personality), but we don't really hear about them again. Sometimes she gushes about a book someone recommended to her, using cringey words to laud the author, but we don't really find out what she liked about it. To me, she still seems very superficial and interested mainly in appearances.

tomtom1308
Talker
Talker

Post by tomtom1308 »

Dandelion wrote:
londongirl2001 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 12:02 pm

Yeah, but she only read a fraction of the books she showed, and finished even less. She usually managed to read more trivial literature but gave up on the classics, which is fine, not everyone has to read world literature, or whatever. But it seemed that she always wanted to have the image of a very well read person. She claimed to be a lover of Anna Karenina and named her channel after it, but didn't actually read the book until a couple of years ago, again, I'm not sure she finished it this time. Youtubers who actually read books will usually discuss the books after reading them and have a personal opinion on them. Reni mostly shows stacks of books she has bought, emphasizing how crazy and obsessed she is with books (desperate for a personality), but we don't really hear about them again. Sometimes she gushes about a book someone recommended to her, using cringey words to laud the author, but we don't really find out what she liked about it. To me, she still seems very superficial and interested mainly in appearances.
Tbf I buy and read a lot of books but don’t discuss them in depth, because I read for pleasure not für university Image

Dandelion
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Dandelion »

tomtom1308 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:07 am

Tbf I buy and read a lot of books but don’t discuss them in depth, because I read for pleasure not für university Image
Me, too. I don't mention most of the books I read to anyone. But I was referring to people on social media, or actual book bloggers.

S_atLI71
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by S_atLI71 »

I was also a fan of Ischtar and Leonie. I know that ischtar is still successful on yt but I think the whole yt as a job thing wasn't for Leonie which is sad cause I personally enjoyed her more.
She didn't care about views, trends or getting connected to big YouTubers; she just did her own thing and I guess that's counterproductive if you want your channel to be popular.
I barely watch ischtar's videos but when I do I just find them to be lazily made. There's barely any quality videos that are made with effort and are creative. It's just her answering questions or talking about herself.
I really like ischtar but I gotta admit that her tendency to overdramatise and over exaggerate things is sometimes off-putting.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Actually, I think the only appealing thing about Ischtar is her personality, on which a lot of younger girls can reflect themselves or at least see themselves in her somehow.
For example, being insecure about the future, school, about friends, love, love-interests, and life in general - I feel that was her early vibe.

She was the pretty BFF, just not too pretty or eager to be intimidating to a young audience. On top of that, she managed to appear authentic for the longest time and even survived a completely sponsored university education experience without getting serious backlash - so much for loyal fans well played.
Sure, nowadays she features more of how she overcame her insecurities with her "hot doctor-boyfriend", whom I do not find appealing at all.
Still, she makes for good drama with her long health story and her love life.

Nanni
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Nanni »

And the consider cologne girls are at it again. Posting stories about criticism after their last monthly favorites videos. They basically say if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all and don't wast your time with it. They are so unreflected I find it almost amusing. I guess all the self help books in the world can't help you, if you choose to live in your own bubble. I really think that they would benefit enormously from a normal work life with the all the ups and downs. Becoming fulltime youtubers is backfiring since they are unable to deliver the content der viewers want and sub counts are dropping but they are unwilling to see that. Only thing I agree with them, is the the fact that I really don't believe that you should speculate about the mental health of a youtuber are anyone actually without knowing them.

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

...this.

Consider Cologne are really the only ones that missed the memo about being a YouTuber means being a public person, so part of your life is dealing with criticism. Precisely, being an adult means dealing with criticism as well, so I guess choosing to live in you bubble is the more accurate description :D

Seeees123
Informer
Informer

Post by Seeees123 »

Any tea on dilara ozcan??
Im new to this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Yes, I am obsessed, but still:

It is July and our "perfectionists" Considercologne have published one blogpost in 2019 - on being too perfectionist :D :D :D

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

proverbs_ wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:02 am
Yes, I am obsessed, but still:

It is July and our "perfectionists" Considercologne have published one blogpost in 2019 - on being too perfectionist :D :D :D
Do they realize that in a traditional job setting (aka what 99% of their working viewers are doing) you'd get fired if you didn't do your job because you're "too perfectionist"? In what sort of bubble do these women live in??
I'm slightly wary of their new obsession with plants and sustainable fashion. The plants are just a new thing they can spend money on and use for Instagram. And these two, who a few months ago happily QVC-ed for Bonprix, are now into second had fashion all the time? They really have no clue who they are and what they want to present to their followers. It annoys me when they talk about their decisions and claim that they're all so well thought through (like, not talking about politics for example). No ladies. You're just scared of your viewers and hate them all which is why you avoid expressing any kind of opinion.
I bet the vlogs will come back in October so they can do Vlogmas with 20 sponsored videos. There is no way they're letting that December money pass.

Nanni
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Nanni »

At this point I basically look forward to hate watching consider cologne's videos. They "smoothly" slided into uploading almost exclusively sponsored content again. Only this time seemingly choosing a bit more wisely who the partner with and how to sell it, like the PayPal video and only yesterday the one with Deutsche Bahn. I just don't get how their fans don't get more upset about their content. They only see the vlog title and seem happy with it. There was literally no effort put into this video, except layering on heavy filters. They picked locations that DB promoted themself and couldn't be arsed to come up with their own comparable destination. Lazy af. I really really really don't get what they do all day when they are "so busy". It's not even that they shoot their videos much in advance or so. Hardly any blogpost (except that hilarious perfectionist one) and I really had to laugh out loud when Lena recently posted a to do list on Instagram and it literally had on it to take a selfie. Come on. Their channel also doesn't grow anymore, I can't wait for the day when they have to get a real job.
I also can't see them missing out on Christmas money @londongirl2001 BUT they would have to step up their game quite a bit the year. Last christmas did hurt them bad. They lost a lot of subscribers with their sponsored half arsed content while always seeming annoyed and angry with having to do vlogmas.I could also see them dropping their mugs this year around christmas to make a few extra bucks.

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

So the Consider Cologne girls obviously are making a big deal about their Insta detox, aka taking a week off. First of all, they barely post anyway but even that is too much for them. I do wonder sometimes what the heck is wrong with them; making YT their job really didn't benefit either of them as human beings (financially it did, I'm sure; these girls have money).

GermanJette
Stalker
Stalker

Post by GermanJette »

is someone watching isabeau?
She’s a German family vlogger.
Lazy, unsympathetic, authentic advertising and tons of minions (in Germany they are called Lemminge (lemmings))

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”