Youtubers who are Nice IRL vs Assholes

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Youtubers who are Nice IRL vs Assholes

Post by ohnok »

Philip Defranco was the sweetest man ever. I was super awkward and asked him for a picture and he said "I gotta hug ya!"

John Green was extremely nice to everyone talking to him, but he clearly wanted to get out of the situation.

Colleen Ballinger and crew are great. I expected them to be total divas, but they were all really sweet.

The janoskians are garbage. But that's expected.

pattypaytas
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by pattypaytas »

I've met quite a few youtubers and Id have to say that the majority of them were amazing.

Whatthebuck was probably the nicest by far.
Also in the nice list:
Destorm power
Ricky ficarelli
Shane Dawson even though he seems kind of socially awkward
Shana Malcolm was hilarious
The guys from epic meal time were nice though not overly. Just have that badass persona to maintain.
Phil defranco was pretty awesome.
That's about all I can remember at the moment. :)

thecalcographer
Learner
Learner

Post by thecalcographer »

Like a bunch of people on here, I met Jenna Marbles in real life when I was stopped at a crosswalk in Cambridge. I was looking down and I saw an Italian Greyhound, and I thought "oh my god what a cute dog, it's just like the one Jenna Marbles has", and then I looked up and it WAS. Anyway, she was really lovely to me, and also to the old lady who was really obsessed at her dog.
:tu:

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

can we bring this thread back? haha i am curious to see if much has changed in four years/new popular youtubers

AnnieNN199
Learner
Learner

Post by AnnieNN199 »

darcyking wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:09 pm
can we bring this thread back? haha i am curious to see if much has changed in four years/new popular youtubers
Me too, I only ever met Dan and Phil during their tour last year and they were such sweethearts, but I know that people have some serious issues with some YouTubers when it comes to meeting them.

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

AnnieNN199 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:07 am
darcyking wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:09 pm
Me too, I only ever met Dan and Phil during their tour last year and they were such sweethearts, but I know that people have some serious issues with some YouTubers when it comes to meeting them.
yeah the majority of the youtubers i have met have been super nice, but a few of them have been kind of rude

theatreliz
Learner
Learner

Post by theatreliz »

I work in tourism at a place not far from where Playlist Live takes place. Every year, we see a lot of YouTubers come in. Some of them have been nice but a lot of them (especially in that moment when they're not greeting fans) are incredibly rude. A lot of them can be self-entitled when there are no fans and no cameras out.

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

some of my friends do youtube so i have hung out with them and their other youtube friends at events, parties, etc. and it is crazy how different some youtubers are in person. not always in a bad way, but a lot of people are way different than their online persona, it's crazy

dietgossip
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by dietgossip »

darcyking wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:20 am
some of my friends do youtube so i have hung out with them and their other youtube friends at events, parties, etc. and it is crazy how different some youtubers are in person. not always in a bad way, but a lot of people are way different than their online persona, it's crazy
Like who? ☕️

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

dietgossip wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:34 am
darcyking wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:20 am
Like who? ☕️
i've met tana a few times and she is actually pretty nice and sweet. she was quieter than i thought. i think she tries to put on a "bad bitch" persona in her videos but in person she was super nice. sam and colby were kinda rude haha

i don't want to go into specifics, but it is funny how a lot of youtubers have a wholesome image online, but then i have seen them going crazy at parties

PennyLane
Learner
Learner

Post by PennyLane »

Im sorta “in the industry” myself so I meet youtubers relatively often. Ones that stand out are;
Tana Mongeau; super sweet, was late at an appointment cause she wanted to meet everyone swarming her
Logan Paul; met him in 2017 and again recently, he was more arrogant in 2017. Actually had a good like 10 minute conversation with him the second time, he was insanely friendly.
Faze Banks; friendliest famous guy youll ever meet
Ricegum; super down to earth and kinda shy. Really sweet, not at all like his video persona.
Cole Carrigan; cocky douche. Unlikable.
Sarah Baska; sweet hippie girl, exactly like her vids.

Vanillabeancoolata
Talker
Talker

Post by Vanillabeancoolata »

PennyLane wrote:Im sorta “in the industry” myself so I meet youtubers relatively often. Ones that stand out are;
Tana Mongeau; super sweet, was late at an appointment cause she wanted to meet everyone swarming her
Logan Paul; met him in 2017 and again recently, he was more arrogant in 2017. Actually had a good like 10 minute conversation with him the second time, he was insanely friendly.
Ricegum; super down to earth and kinda shy. Really sweet, not at all like his video persona.

I love Sarah basks. Any videos I see of her like the new YouTube reality show kian and jc made, she was really kind making sure to personally introduce herself to everyone and give hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

PennyLane wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:38 am
Im sorta “in the industry” myself so I meet youtubers relatively often. Ones that stand out are;
that's interesting about logan paul

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”