MeredithVotes
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Disney Vloggers and Distwitter Part 2

Post by MeredithVotes »

mainejeff wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:03 am
Kyle P now steaming toward 43K subscribers on YT.....he has lapped JoJo and has to be the fastest growing Disney vlogger right now. His chesty water park videos are especially popular.....I guess that he knows what sells.😉
Well, after that comment, I HAD to look him up. I don't mind an occasional chesty water park video. ;)

Also, here's what YouTube currently says for number of subscribers for some of the Disney channels and when they joined:
Kyle P, joined in Jan 2012, has 42.5K subscribers
JoJo's World, joined Aug 2013, has 40K subscribers
Provost Park Pass, joined in Dec 2017, has 92.5K subscribers
Magic Journeys, joined in March 2008, has 165K subscribers
The Tim Tracker, joined June 2007, has 833K subscribers
WDW News, joined July 2008, has 100K subscribers
The WDW Couple, joined Aug 2014, has 57.2K subscribers
Dis Unplugged, joined Oct 2006, has 154K subscribers
Best Life and Beyond, joined Nov 2012, has 67.4K subscribers
Fresh Baked, joined Sept 2012, has 132K subscribers
Five Fires, joined Dec 2017, has 70.8K subscribers
Ordinary Adventures, April 2019, has 145K subscribers

I'm guessing "joined" and "actually started generating Disney content as a channel" might be different for some of the channels, but it's still interesting to see which one just take off like crazy and which ones just can't seem to get any momentum. Fresh Baked and BLAB are good examples - they basically joined around the same time, but Fresh Baked has twice as many subscribers.

When the YouTubers all gather in the parks, do you think they talk about the number of subscribers? Or is there a heirachy that they follow?

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

Thank you @MysticOne and @MeredithVotes for the info! VERY interesting stuff! :D

adfan
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by adfan »

Surprised to see Tim in Adam's vlog at the fair.

Satisfactualpat
Learner
Learner

Post by Satisfactualpat »

I was surprised too! Maybe that’s why Jenn is so angry again haha! She made her grand return to Twitter today.

MysticOne
Learner
Learner

Post by MysticOne »

I used to think Rix Flix used to be a good guy and one of the better ones, but after watching his live stream today, I’ve changed my mind after one of his comments.

Someone put in his live chat “hello from lockdown in the UK” to which Rick replied “I hope the UK stays in lockdown”. What a terrible thing to say. People have been suffering all around the world due to lockdown affecting people’s mental health, yet her is fat f**k and privileged dick, Rick saying comments like that.

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

MysticOne wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:57 pm
I used to think Rix Flix used to be a good guy and one of the better ones, but after watching his live stream today, I’ve changed my mind after one of his comments.

Someone put in his live chat “hello from lockdown in the UK” to which Rick replied “I hope the UK stays in lockdown”. What a terrible thing to say. People have been suffering all around the world due to lockdown affecting people’s mental health, yet her is fat f**k and privileged dick, Rick saying comments like that.
Wow. No shit.

Yeah, I used to think he was OK too. Met him once at Universal.

But lately, I feel like he's been getting a big ass ol' head on him. So I'm not surprised he said something like that.

MysticOne
Learner
Learner

Post by MysticOne »

AntiWDWVlogger wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:11 pm
MysticOne wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Wow. No shit.

But lately, I feel like he's been getting a big ass ol' head on him. So I'm not surprised he said something like that.
Yeah, same here. My opinion on him has changed massively lately. Also, he knows he did wrong as he never once talked about it when people called him out on it. He just ignored it.

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

MysticOne wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:28 pm
AntiWDWVlogger wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:11 pm

Wow. No shit.

Yeah, same here. My opinion on him has changed massively lately. Also, he knows he did wrong as he never once talked about it when people called him out on it. He just ignored it.
I also think he's always pretty much been a dick to Nikki. He always bitches about the price of everything. I feel bad for her sometimes when she points out something she likes and he always talks about the "budget" and it being "too expensive" or something like that.

It's called optics, asshole. Don't be a dick to your wife. But then he goes and drops $ like nothing on another new fucking yellow shirt for himself left and right. :roll:

The ego is getting a bit out of control.

mainejeff
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mainejeff »

Is it me.....or just about everyone getting big heads on YT? The quality of vlogs has been going way downhill over the past few months....and while some of it is related to stale or crappy content.....much of it is the vloggers themselves. Way too much attitude and negativity....not enough info and entertainment.

MysticOne
Learner
Learner

Post by MysticOne »

AntiWDWVlogger wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:33 pm
MysticOne wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:28 pm

I also think he's always pretty much been a dick to Nikki. He always bitches about the price of everything. I feel bad for her sometimes when she points out something she likes and he always talks about the "budget" and it being "too expensive" or something like that.

It's called optics, asshole. Don't be a dick to your wife. But then he goes and drops $ like nothing on another new fucking yellow shirt for himself left and right. :roll:

The ego is getting a bit out of control.
Yeah, I noticed that a while back when I was watching one of his generic vlogs. He always seems to talk down to Nikki and she seems super sweet and friendly and doesn’t have a chip on her shoulder like he does. I sure he thinks he’s like the king of Universal or something because he visits it like 4 times a week. Big deal!

MysticOne
Learner
Learner

Post by MysticOne »

mainejeff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:39 pm
Is it me.....or just about everyone getting big heads on YT? The quality of vlogs has been going way downhill over the past few months....and while some of it is related to stale or crappy content.....much of it is the vloggers themselves. Way too much attitude and negativity....not enough info and entertainment.
I agree. The only people that I feel that are good at what they do (as they give some history context to what they are talking about) and they seem like genuinely nice people are Adam the Woo and Jackie (Super Enthused)

MysticOne
Learner
Learner

Post by MysticOne »

TeamFiddleFaddle wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:00 pm
MysticOne wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:05 am

I agree. The only people that I feel that are good at what they do (as they give some history context to what they are talking about) and they seem like genuinely nice people are Adam the Woo and Jackie (Super Enthused)
I have to add Molly from AllEars.Net. I just love her (hence the username!!) - and she puts thought and effort into all her videos. I know she tends to be a messy on-camera eater, and that is one of her faults, but I look past that easily given the $hit vlogs some of these others are putting out 3-4 times a week.
I've never watched Molly from AllEars.Net but ill have to go and check her out as I've noticed quite a few people in here recommending her!

Qwijibo
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Qwijibo »

MysticOne wrote:
TeamFiddleFaddle wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:00 pm
I have to add Molly from AllEars.Net. I just love her (hence the username!!) - and she puts thought and effort into all her videos. I know she tends to be a messy on-camera eater, and that is one of her faults, but I look past that easily given the $hit vlogs some of these others are putting out 3-4 times a week.
I've never watched Molly from AllEars.Net but ill have to go and check her out as I've noticed quite a few people in here recommending her!
Molly is great. She’s a former CM (Guest Services/VIP I believe) so she always has a lot of good info to share.

MysticOne
Learner
Learner

Post by MysticOne »

TeamFiddleFaddle wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:04 pm
MysticOne wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:04 am

Yeah, I noticed that a while back when I was watching one of his generic vlogs. He always seems to talk down to Nikki and she seems super sweet and friendly and doesn’t have a chip on her shoulder like he does. I sure he thinks he’s like the king of Universal or something because he visits it like 4 times a week. Big deal!
Nikki does drive me out of my mind sometimes with her dumb faces, comments, and her "Rumor Alert" announcement. I know she probably thinks playing the dumb blonde to Rick's arrogant @$$ is cute, but it grates on my nerves.

Let me tell ya though - he pulls in BANK $$$ with his patreons. We added it up based on the list he provides at the end of his "News" vlog where he lists everyone at the end - we estimated about $2,000 in Patreon cash per month.
Oh, I agree! She does annoy me with some of her ways, but I can tolerate her more than I can Rick as he just comes across as rude for the most part. Nikki never comes across as rude or with a chin on her shoulder like her husband does.

$2,000 a month?! Just from Patreon?! I'm doing something wrong with my life. Also, on their last live stream, some dude super chatted them $100 and that was without the other 30 or so. I reckon they hit about $500 in donations easily. Madness!

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

Yeah, I definitely agree w/ you both re: Nikki. I just feel sorry for her. She's been dragged into this by Rick and I think she tries to act "younger" (I'm in my 40s like her so I'm not being ageist LOL) and by trying to act "younger," she puts on this super perky annoying act sometimes.

I feel bad because there's been a few times where she's felt ill after a ride where you could honestly see she probably wanted to head on home, and Rick just would film her looking sick and basically goad her into staying and riding something else. I wanted to punch his fucking face out for doing that.

I could also pick up on a few times in news vlogs or whatever where she'll be acting quieter and more reserved than normal - almost teary-eyed like she's been put in her place right beforehand or tried to speak her mind and got shot down.

I feel like that happens a lot in that household. That she is forced to squash her feelings or opinions on things because - in the end - his opinion rules.

:(

Neon-Princess
Talker
Talker

Post by Neon-Princess »

What WDW Vloggers do you guys recommend? My favorite is also Molly from AllEars (Team Fiddle Faddle!) because she's not obnoxious and she's respectful, but I just need more people to follow. I also like Super Enthused. PMM can be a bit too much, Theme Park Ohana is ok but they don't do park stuff as much. Resort TV1 is ok. And The trackers were ok I just don't feel them anymore.

Neon-Princess
Talker
Talker

Post by Neon-Princess »

TeamFiddleFaddle wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:46 am
Neon-Princess wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 am
What WDW Vloggers do you guys recommend? My favorite is also Molly from AllEars (Team Fiddle Faddle!) because she's not obnoxious and she's respectful, but I just need more people to follow. I also like Super Enthused. PMM can be a bit too much, Theme Park Ohana is ok but they don't do park stuff as much. Resort TV1 is ok. And The trackers were ok I just don't feel them anymore.
I only really watch AllEars, DFB Guide, SE, The Dis (and its various channels) and PMM for actual content. Although I do watch Adam the Woo - but I am not necessarily looking for his WDW content, if that makes sense.

Love Midway Mayhem for his construction and park updates - he is mostly Universal!

I hate watch Michael Kay, along with Dani 702 (I can't stand her!!)

For livestreams - I will watch ResortTv1 - with the volume OFF, I actually like LBV TV streams, Maria has grown on me, and I do tend to watch That Crazy Dinsey Lady livestreams too - but mostly in the background while I am doing something else. I like to see the parks.

I know a lot of people enjoy Mickey Views - and he does a good job - but there is something about his speaking voice that is like nails on a chalkboard for me - so I don't watch anything he does.

If I am desperate for WDW content - occasionally will watch Corey Meets World or WDW Couple or World of Micah. No hate for any of them really, just not always something I am interested in watching.

I used to enjoy Pammie Plus Parks - but she has fallen off the earth.

RixFlix used to be my fave, now he is just "meh". We are AP's at Universal. We live in New England so we can't get to the parks as often as we would like to - and he really does the best coverage of those parks.

And I really miss "Dinsey in Detail" and "Spoonful of Sugar", "Despicable Three", and "Will and Lelly" for their trip vlogs. I am hoping the world will return to normal soon and they can travel back to the US.
LOL I literally watch everyone from the top line.

We seem to have the same tastes!

Satisfactualpat
Learner
Learner

Post by Satisfactualpat »

TeamFiddleFaddle wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:46 am
Neon-Princess wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 am
I only really watch AllEars, DFB Guide, SE, The Dis (and its various channels) and PMM for actual content. Although I do watch Adam the Woo - but I am not necessarily looking for his WDW content, if that makes sense.

Love Midway Mayhem for his construction and park updates - he is mostly Universal!

I hate watch Michael Kay, along with Dani 702 (I can't stand her!!)

For livestreams - I will watch ResortTv1 - with the volume OFF, I actually like LBV TV streams, Maria has grown on me, and I do tend to watch That Crazy Dinsey Lady livestreams too - but mostly in the background while I am doing something else. I like to see the parks.

I know a lot of people enjoy Mickey Views - and he does a good job - but there is something about his speaking voice that is like nails on a chalkboard for me - so I don't watch anything he does.

If I am desperate for WDW content - occasionally will watch Corey Meets World or WDW Couple or World of Micah. No hate for any of them really, just not always something I am interested in watching.

I used to enjoy Pammie Plus Parks - but she has fallen off the earth.

RixFlix used to be my fave, now he is just "meh". We are AP's at Universal. We live in New England so we can't get to the parks as often as we would like to - and he really does the best coverage of those parks.

And I really miss "Dinsey in Detail" and "Spoonful of Sugar", "Despicable Three", and "Will and Lelly" for their trip vlogs. I am hoping the world will return to normal soon and they can travel back to the US.
We love Spoonful of Sugar!! I hope they are able to travel back here sometime soon. They make great vlogs and seem like lovely people.

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

So, is this like the new thing RixFlix is doing all the time now? Nothing but majority livestreams w/ superchats? It just screams easy moneygrabbing now, IMHO, given that his channel did not start with livestreams and he's been gradually increasing the # of them that he does. :roll:

AntiWDWVlogger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AntiWDWVlogger »

TeamFiddleFaddle wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:04 pm
AntiWDWVlogger wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:22 am
So, is this like the new thing RixFlix is doing all the time now? Nothing but majority livestreams w/ superchats? It just screams easy moneygrabbing now, IMHO, given that his channel did not start with livestreams and he's been gradually increasing the # of them that he does. :roll:
I think since he lost his job and made this his full-time gig, he has definitely been doing more livestreams to get those Super chats.
Yeah. Some part of me always thought he actually quit to vlog FT but only said he got laid off to gain sympathy and more patreons, but I'm not sure Nikki would have went with that lie. :rofl:

I bet he's a trip to be around now that the doesn't have a 9-5. He even said before that he gets to sleep in until around 9 each day because he just goes to the parks whereas Nikki has to get up early for a "real" job. Yet another reason why I feel bad for her. Nothing like rubbing it in your wife's face that you're a friggin loser theme park vlogger. :roll:

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”