ASMR Channels Part 2

standintherain_
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ASMR Channels Part 2

Post by standintherain_ »

I find it really odd that MinxLaura has 50k subs but barely hits 3k views on her videos.

Beaniebaby29
Learner
Learner

Post by Beaniebaby29 »

I hate how “sweet” Mary tried to sound in her soft spoken videos, it just makes me uncomfortable and then I don’t like the noisy of her lips in her whisper ones.

blackcrusade96
Learner
Learner

Post by blackcrusade96 »

[https://youtu.be/RtnIDYEi3KE

What does GG think about the new Zees app that Gibi is launching? It received a lot of backlash in the comments section of the video, as well as on Reddit where she did an AMA.

peachtea
Debater
Debater

Post by peachtea »

blackcrusade96 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:35 am
[https://youtu.be/RtnIDYEi3KE

What does GG think about the new Zees app that Gibi is launching? It received a lot of backlash in the comments section of the video, as well as on Reddit where she did an AMA.
I think Gibi and Heather are annoying enough already so my opinion did not go in high to begin with lol. I don't know anything about monetizing Youtube videos and etc but to me it seems pointless and greedy. Even if ASMR creators I do like did this I would still feel the same way.

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

Gibi (or Giblets as I call her) is one of the most annoying ASMRists on the platform. Started out okay, but now in it for the money + recognition (like ASMR Darling). Ain't no one gonna pay 10 bucks a month for a stupid app. You really think people are gonna choose that over Hulu or Netflix? The Disney streaming site is less!

PizzaAndCats
Talker
Talker

Post by PizzaAndCats »

I really like Gibi but I’m not paying for what I can get for free on YouTube, and I’ve just read there’s a free app called Tingles which has the same ASMR creators on there. I don’t think it will last :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlippyClark
Learner
Learner

Post by SlippyClark »

I was curious about what people were saying about Gibi's new app so I went to read the comments on the video and they are just ripping her a new one..I didn't see any positive comments.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ziggy777 »

Zees will do fine. Each of those gals have at least a couple thousand orbiters who will cough up the cash because their fake girlfriend asked them to

CosmicBrownie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by CosmicBrownie »

What is with all of these weird food that looks like real items/aesthetically pleasing videos? I do enjoy watching these and I understand the creators spend a lot of time on the food, but they’re seriously not asmr inducing at all. I’ll admit I’m not big on eating sounds but I can recognize when they’re done well, like with Zach Choi ASMR. I feel like these guys (hunnibee and crunchy asmr are the main ones to come to mind) don’t put enough effort into the asmr aspect of the video. Every single video has the exact same sounds, and no visual triggers minus the aesthetically pleasing food. I don’t blame them at all, as I know the pretty food is what’s bringing in the big bucks, but still.

Also, channels that basically just use ASMR so they get more views on their vlog videos have been blowing up lately too. I know not everybody likes slow paced asmr, but it’s really annoying seeing somebody always posting videos just fast whispering into the blue yeti but doing nothing else that would make the video considered Asmr. I have to admit these videos are nice for me sometimes bcuz they’re more entertaining to me when I want to actually sit and watch the video, but it’s frustrating seeing how little effort these people put into videos yet they blow up.

Really the only ASMRtist I feel I’ve always been completely satisfied with is WhispersRed. In my opinion she’s completely perfected the art of asmr, her voice control, the control she has when tapping/scratching/making sounds on objects, is absolutely spot on. It’s sad to see how amazing she is and how hard she’s worked to make her ASMR perfect, and while her channel certainly isn’t dying, it isn’t blowing up like these other channels.

BTW I’m not hating, I know a lot of people do get tingles from
these videos and I admit I do too but it is frustrating seeing people use ASMR and just whisper in their videos and do nothing else “ASMR” as a way to get more views. Like, seriously, people who do sexual asmr do a better job at actually utilizing ASMR than these folks who just make the same eating sounds every video or basically just make whisper vlogs.

ziggy777
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ziggy777 »

CosmicBrownie wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:32 pm
Really the only ASMRtist I feel I’ve always been completely satisfied with is WhispersRed. In my opinion she’s completely perfected the art of asmr, her voice control, the control she has when tapping/scratching/making sounds on objects, is absolutely spot on. It’s sad to see how amazing she is and how hard she’s worked to make her ASMR perfect, and while her channel certainly isn’t dying, it isn’t blowing up like these other channels.
WhispersRed is done in terms of growth. She will keep her fans, but she won't see massive growth anymore. She's old in ASMR-land and "ASMR" is a young gal's game. Maria will be hitting that point soon too.

subarbiea
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by subarbiea »

i had to unsubscribe from Angelica ASMR!! i subbed when she was just starting out but she has got way too weird. the vsco girl ‘roleplay’ was the final straw. also i find it a bit annoying that basically her videos now are only seconds over the 10 min mark... like really? lol

elegantly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elegantly »

subarbiea wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:29 pm
i had to unsubscribe from Angelica ASMR!! i subbed when she was just starting out but she has got way too weird. the vsco girl ‘roleplay’ was the final straw. also i find it a bit annoying that basically her videos now are only seconds over the 10 min mark... like really? lol
Her channel has become so jokey. I watch a video and I never know if it's going to turn weird.

vaguelyviolet
Informer
Informer

Post by vaguelyviolet »

fastasmr has one of the best whispering voices.And use to be a favorite of mine until she started making tapping videos with the most random shit to tap to and aggressive asmr. It’s literally not at all relaxing.

I feel so guilty cause she’s so sweet too i still like her, and i get it because those videos has tons of views compared to her whispering ones. I just wished she still did whispering content on top of the ones she does now.

Lady Grey
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady Grey »

i am sooo glad i discovered this thread! i just found out asmrthechew has her own thread and posted there, but there's no activity there. now i wish i'd said what i said there, here lol but basically i used to watch her back in the day. i liked her makeup asmr videos but then things turned creepy. she'd do 'crush' videos where she'd put on sexy heels and crush potato chips in them. you know, like those fetish videos? i stopped watching after awhile because it was so strange, but i think her kids put a stop to it because she hasn't done that in years and i think even deleted those videos. i started enjoying her again, but now things just get too odd sometimes.

she seems to put her 'better' content up on her mess of a website that you have to pay for? which already puts a bad taste in my mouth. her videos also can be very awkward at times. one moment i mentioned on her thread was in her layers of makeup video, she had this weird awkward zoom on this nasty foundation. she didn't zoom with any other products. she zoomed in on that, and it was so gross and then proceeded to 'tap' her nails on it. but she had no nails and there was no sound being made. she just zoomed in on it and was like silently touching it for a good few seconds. then at the start of the video, she did this awkward thing where she was like 'i have my foundations over there' and then pointed off camera and did this strange facial expression like a little kid and then the camera cut? just things like that makes her videos seem more strange than relaxing to me now.

Lady Grey
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady Grey »

also does anyone watch ices? i found her in the recommended one day and i like her videos, but homegirl, point where ANYONE asked for a 'opening up about my daddy kink......ASMR"

VBucksLover
Lurker
Lurker

Post by VBucksLover »

Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:51 am
I listen to Gibi pretty much every night to get to sleep. She's the only ASMRtist that consistently makes me fall asleep. I don't get the tingles, but the relaxation, definitely. But recently, idk what it is about her, but I've started to feel ... idk, not great about watching her. It's really been ever since the Zee's thing, and I suppose for a creator in especially this branch of youtube where you're very connected to your audience because of all the eye contact and personal attention, I suddenly feel very disconnected and like she's out of touch. I dunno, I find it hard now and it sucks, it's my remedy for insomnia haha.
Gibi is one of the best and most hard-working ASMRtists on YouTube. She consistently uploads three videos every week that are always of great quality. I fall asleep to Gibi's videos almost every night because they always give me tingles and relaxation. Gibi is also very friendly and entertaining on both YouTube and Twitch. I genuinely think she might be my favourite ASMRtist since Heather Feather was in her prime.

kozume
Informer
Informer

Post by kozume »

so i came here to see what's up with the whole zees thing and holy shit? is the 10 dollars thing like a forced subscription? isn't it gonna be like tingles where you can "leave tips"? idk, i always find those things very sketchy ;/ particularly since is only asmr content i mean, how is this different from opening a patreon? or the thing where you can become a member on youtube?

i really love asmr but, it's not something that i would pay up 10 dollars or anything close to it monthly just so i can like, watch it without ads:/it won't flop at the beggining because the creators on it have a fanbase, but i don't see it lasting too much either, it's just not worth it tbh.

I suddenly came here because i saw that update that said somethig about "the wedding sneaking on them" (uuuuuhhhhmmm is a wedding that you have been planning for a couple of months at least? how did it sneaked on you? lmao) and was surprised that it hadn't launched yet
English is my second language so i'm sorry for any mistakes

VBucksLover
Lurker
Lurker

Post by VBucksLover »

kozume wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:46 pm
so i came here to see what's up with the whole zees thing and holy shit? is the 10 dollars thing like a forced subscription? isn't it gonna be like tingles where you can "leave tips"? idk, i always find those things very sketchy ;/ particularly since is only asmr content i mean, how is this different from opening a patreon? or the thing where you can become a member on youtube?

i really love asmr but, it's not something that i would pay up 10 dollars or anything close to it monthly just so i can like, watch it without ads:/it won't flop at the beggining because the creators on it have a fanbase, but i don't see it lasting too much either, it's just not worth it tbh.

I suddenly came here because i saw that update that said somethig about "the wedding sneaking on them" (uuuuuhhhhmmm is a wedding that you have been planning for a couple of months at least? how did it sneaked on you? lmao) and was surprised that it hadn't launched yet
Gibi and Ben postponed the launch of Zees to incorporate viewer feedback. The Zees Twitter account said that they were finalising testing and had made some changes that they thought we would be happy about. I'm cautiously optimistic. They might have figured out a way to lower the price and still cover business expenses. I'm looking forward to the next Zees announcement in October.

Have I mentioned that I'm even more excited about Gibi and Ben's wedding? It's happening this month. They're such a cute couple.

Post by Guest »

CosmicBrownie wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:32 pm
What is with all of these weird food that looks like real items/aesthetically pleasing videos? I do enjoy watching these and I understand the creators spend a lot of time on the food, but they’re seriously not asmr inducing at all. I’ll admit I’m not big on eating sounds but I can recognize when they’re done well, like with Zach Choi ASMR. I feel like these guys (hunnibee and crunchy asmr are the main ones to come to mind) don’t put enough effort into the asmr aspect of the video. Every single video has the exact same sounds, and no visual triggers minus the aesthetically pleasing food. I don’t blame them at all, as I know the pretty food is what’s bringing in the big bucks, but still.

Also, channels that basically just use ASMR so they get more views on their vlog videos have been blowing up lately too. I know not everybody likes slow paced asmr, but it’s really annoying seeing somebody always posting videos just fast whispering into the blue yeti but doing nothing else that would make the video considered Asmr. I have to admit these videos are nice for me sometimes bcuz they’re more entertaining to me when I want to actually sit and watch the video, but it’s frustrating seeing how little effort these people put into videos yet they blow up.

BTW I’m not hating, I know a lot of people do get tingles from
these videos and I admit I do too but it is frustrating seeing people use ASMR and just whisper in their videos and do nothing else “ASMR” as a way to get more views. Like, seriously, people who do sexual asmr do a better job at actually utilizing ASMR than these folks who just make the same eating sounds every video or basically just make whisper vlogs.
I looooooooooooove WhispersRed...girl is so dedicated to her vids she had a shed built just to tape in. A true artist! <3

Jumalauta
Learner
Learner

Post by Jumalauta »

This might be old news by now but apparently Cloveress OD’d last weekend, her BF posted it on Twitter. Poor girl, rip.

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”