wreckognition
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Re: Simming Community

Post by wreckognition »

videostar wrote:
wreckognition wrote:
videostar wrote:I like Deligracy's Sims videos, but I can't stand the "hey guys!" she's doing at the start of her videos right now.
The cringe-y one where she lisps the 's' to an 'sh' sound on purpose or the regular one?
The cringey one! The way she tilts her head back close to the camera and says it with a lisp on purpose. It just grates me.
Same! I can't sand it, I really wish she'd stop!

mmeroyale1
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by mmeroyale1 »

jeanmerilynsimmons wrote:
mmeroyale1 wrote:1) I think the demonetization is a great excuse to drop an LP doomed to fail because everyone noticed it was based on A Series of Unfortunate Events (? idk the actual name in english soz) and it was released around the time i noticed her views were dropping and she was getting more and more annoying.
Holy shit, that's a great observation! I said it above, but I don't get WHY she tries to do all these super intricate story lines - it makes playing the game way less fun, IMO, and it's better to just have a bit of backstory and then let it go in whatever direction. Also... man, Deli is getting some FLACK for her "nerdy to popular" makeover, and tbh if it was anyone else I'd maybe try and defend them saying how it's just based on stereotypes but knowing how vain/stupid she is makes me think she probably believes in all of that crap.

Also I know she has her own thread but Jessamica92 needs to just.... stop. She starts so many LPs, they last 3-5 parts, and then they mysteriously stop.
ngl i saw the thumbnail for the nerdy to popular and immediately rolled my eyes and ignored it.

i went to deli’s lps cause James apways gushes about her but it’s ridic how his are so mucb more enjoyable and he actually knows how to play. I have a huge pet peeve when SIMMERS don’t know a super basic thing in the game. Like, don’t you consider that your job/tool? Deli is always surprised by things. She’s a great builder but jfc learn the game. Sasha would so this too

James and Kayla (as much as I don’t like her) are some of the few simmers i’ve seen playing and not sounding like they never explored shit.

Don’t these ppl actually go to EA camps and stuff? How can i know more about the game when i work 8 hours a day? Cmon ppl

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 50 Shades Of Salad »

mmeroyale1 wrote:
jeanmerilynsimmons wrote:
mmeroyale1 wrote:1) I think the demonetization is a great excuse to drop an LP doomed to fail because everyone noticed it was based on A Series of Unfortunate Events (? idk the actual name in english soz) and it was released around the time i noticed her views were dropping and she was getting more and more annoying.
Holy shit, that's a great observation! I said it above, but I don't get WHY she tries to do all these super intricate story lines - it makes playing the game way less fun, IMO, and it's better to just have a bit of backstory and then let it go in whatever direction. Also... man, Deli is getting some FLACK for her "nerdy to popular" makeover, and tbh if it was anyone else I'd maybe try and defend them saying how it's just based on stereotypes but knowing how vain/stupid she is makes me think she probably believes in all of that crap.

Also I know she has her own thread but Jessamica92 needs to just.... stop. She starts so many LPs, they last 3-5 parts, and then they mysteriously stop.
ngl i saw the thumbnail for the nerdy to popular and immediately rolled my eyes and ignored it.

i went to deli’s lps cause James apways gushes about her but it’s ridic how his are so mucb more enjoyable and he actually knows how to play. I have a huge pet peeve when SIMMERS don’t know a super basic thing in the game. Like, don’t you consider that your job/tool? Deli is always surprised by things. She’s a great builder but jfc learn the game. Sasha would so this too

James and Kayla (as much as I don’t like her) are some of the few simmers i’ve seen playing and not sounding like they never explored shit.

Don’t these ppl actually go to EA camps and stuff? How can i know more about the game when i work 8 hours a day? Cmon ppl
I feel the same way! It's surprising how many Simmers are clueless about the game. I've been watching Clare Siobhan since around April of this year and she STILL doesn't know that you can order medicine on the computer when your Sims get ill! It drives me nuts lol

mmeroyale1
Learner
Learner

Post by mmeroyale1 »

wait lol the medicine thing has been around for at least 2 years

i’ve never watched her but that legit makes me laugh

elleira
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by elleira »

Deligracy's latest comment about people "leaving negative comments" on her doing mod videos/different videos basically lay it out as "hey guys my LPs aren't earning me as much money so I refuse to do them! I want to return to doing them so bad tho </3" yeah right. super greedy

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

I mean Deli can't be hurting that bad for money anyway if she can afford all of these expensive gifts for her friends and family. She mentioned that the necklace she got for her mom was quite expensive and it's like... if you're struggling as much as you want people to think you are, you probably shouldn't be spending money so frivolously. Also if she really cared about not getting that ad money, she wouldn't have done that workout vlog with her boyfriend, especially since she mentioned she was specifically told not to do any more vlog style videos until her videos were no longer being de-monetized. She just doesn't want to do the LPs right now and needs a good excuse.

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

wreckognition wrote:Also if she really cared about not getting that ad money, she wouldn't have done that workout vlog with her boyfriend, especially since she mentioned she was specifically told not to do any more vlog style videos until her videos were no longer being de-monetized. She just doesn't want to do the LPs right now and needs a good excuse.
Who told her that? And why?

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

getinmymachine wrote:
wreckognition wrote:Also if she really cared about not getting that ad money, she wouldn't have done that workout vlog with her boyfriend, especially since she mentioned she was specifically told not to do any more vlog style videos until her videos were no longer being de-monetized. She just doesn't want to do the LPs right now and needs a good excuse.
Who told her that? And why?
Her Youtube network told her to "stop posting vlogs until this whole de-monitization mess is finished." She says it within the first 30 second of her Star Wars premier/work out with her boyfriend vlog.

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

mmeroyale1 wrote:wait lol the medicine thing has been around for at least 2 years

i’ve never watched her but that legit makes me laugh
RIGHT?! And that's just one example lol. Things like that drive me nuts and make me wonder if these people don't ever explore their game.

videostar
Debater
Debater

Post by videostar »

The demonetisation controversy on YouTube recently really annoys me. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that YouTubers depend on YouTube as their main income, but I feel like unless you're rolling in endorsements and brand deals, the sensible thing would be NOT to bank on YouTube being your main income, when a large proportion of it depends on third parties (i.e. advertisers wanting to advertise on YouTube) and YouTube continuing to support adverts in the same way it has in the past. You're at the mercy of YouTube and their advertisers and have no control. I'd be working part time in another job, that I know would be stable, rather than depending on my channel or things like Patreon.

Deligracy, for example, could do design work outside of YouTube since she studied to be a designer. She has a decent enough platform to launch herself as a designer now and could find clients - perhaps even working for other YouTuber/social media personalities creating channel headers and Twitter banners, and such.

As a general comment, and not necessarily about anyone in particular, I also find it a little insulting that YouTubers complain about their finances, but have no shame showing that they still manage to live excessively. Maybe they should live within their means if they're so worried?

50 Shades Of Salad
Gossiper
Gossiper

How many more “Australian tries ____ candy” videos is Deli going to upload? I swear she uploads one of those once a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmeroyale1
Learner
Learner

Post by mmeroyale1 »

i agree about the demonization. i can’t find it in me to take pity cause my own platform let’s put it that way was in crisis but i never whined about it that way i just tried finding other ways like we do in the real world. makes me think they honestly lost touch of reality. they have no contract with youtube or their advertisers.

today’s parenthood lp again had the whiny demonetization comment and i stopped watching instantly. idk if it’s partially my end of the year syress but not even that lp is making me want to stay on deli’s channel ngl. i cannot stand the whinning, pandering and cliches

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

Are Deli and her new boyfriend supposed to be "goals" or something, is that what she's going for? I just skip all the videos with him. Her LPs are entertaining but I really don't need to see her relationship.

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

getinmymachine wrote:Are Deli and her new boyfriend supposed to be "goals" or something, is that what she's going for? I just skip all the videos with him. Her LPs are entertaining but I really don't need to see her relationship.
That's probably what shes aiming for, yeah... I watched her newest video with him, it was kinda awkward. She's also clearly not hurting for money as much as she wants her viewers to believe since she wanted to buy a tiny backpack that cost over 100 bucks.

mmeroyale1
Learner
Learner

Post by mmeroyale1 »

my theory is that she’s eyeing the future and trying to plan b and plan c with becoming either a vlogger or a gamer generally not just a simmer. she’s shown signs of trying that with other games and now she’s really trying with vlogs/lifestyle and her bf and p much trying to post everyday on december was a great tryout

getinmymachine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by getinmymachine »

This is just a personal preference but I'm so bored of money cheats. When I play myself I really enjoy that first period of trying to make money somehow, having a tiny house and crappy furniture. In LPs all I ever see is "ohh let's just pretend he has a trust fund" and "what if there's a secret inheritance" *motherlode*

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

I feel like Kayla/lilsimsie just wants to be a perpetual victim. "Wah, people used to be mean to me and I'm super awkward yikes ah!"

I get it. As someone with anxiety, I get it. It sucks to deal with. But at least I don't constantly fucking harp on it and make being awkward and disliked my identity.

Elturtleo
Learner
Learner

Post by Elturtleo »

getinmymachine wrote:This is just a personal preference but I'm so bored of money cheats. When I play myself I really enjoy that first period of trying to make money somehow, having a tiny house and crappy furniture. In LPs all I ever see is "ohh let's just pretend he has a trust fund" and "what if there's a secret inheritance" *motherlode*
I started not doing money cheats with 4, it was boring at launch. It's so much better gameplay wise even with the extra content now. Money cheats are still something I use but I'll stop watching an lp if they do it usually. 4 is stupidly easy compared to 2 anyways, I don't see the point.

popscene
Learner
Learner

Post by popscene »

has anyone else here seen pastelsims? i get that being "scandalous" is her entire brand so i don't really have a problem with that but all her sims look the same and her LPs are so repetitive?? like it's just her screaming at the sims because of wicked whims. anyway, her most viewed videos are the mod reviews and like the birth to death videos which are just boring overall.

this is very My own opinion but i hate how alpha cc looks so it makes it Very hard to even watch the videos.

also fsr i think she might have beef with kayla lilsimsie but most likely i'm overthinking everything lol
sorry if i make any mistakes, english is not my first language :^)

wreckognition
Debater
Debater

Post by wreckognition »

I've never heard of pastelsims, why do you think she has an issue with Kayla?

Return to “General and Miscellaneous”